HENTZEN COATINGS Employee Reviews

this company works together as a team to produce the best products ever.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2016
I enjoy my job and look forward in going to work. In customer service working with the customers in helping them to get the products they need. I enjoy getting to know them and their needs so it is an easier process for them. I also enjoy working with my co workers. Working together to help the customer in every way. I also work with all departments to insure that we produce and ship the best product available. I do love being a part of customer service.
Pros
We have great benefits with medical and dental and 401K
Cons
I do not have any.
team job
Filler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 13, 2016
The job is cool. you work as a team or as you own team to filler batches. over all I give this job three stars. all co-worker have a good out look on life.
Productive and Fun
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2016
Enjoyed meeting new people that walked through the door to apply for openings
Benefits Administration
Awesome co-workers
Wonderful Benefits
Great management team
Traffic manager at industrial coatings manufacturer
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoyed the continuous growth and success while working at a world leader in small batch specialized coatings and paint. Worked with great colleagues and exposed to a customer base ranging from window manufacturers to aerospace.
Pros
Dynamic work place, great colleagues
Cons
Low pay
PRODUCTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2015
Loved this job. It was a very relaxed setting. I knew what was expected of me everyday. This is a family owned company and has been for almost 100 years. That is a huge accomplishment in Milwaukee. I loved the guys that I worked with. They are a wonderful company. Great pay and benefits. Miss my Hentzen family dearly!!!
Pros
Wonder people
Cons
manage
The worst privately owned company I have ever worked for
powder coating (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2015
The inmates are running the asylum. While life may have been better in the liquid division, in powder you'll discover where all those classmates of yours who were in the lowest 10% found stable employment. Supervisors who could not read or write above the 8th grade level. Employees who could not construct a coherent sentence. Yet they have found well-paying jobs and will do anything to hang onto them. Avoid this place like the plague unless you are doing Stanford prison-type research.
Pros
Pays well, mediocre benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
A growing Co. with a lot of good things going on.
Development Chemist/Defense (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2014
Run by a great family, committed to quality and to advanced technology in the coatings industry.
Excellent privately owned company, great place to work!
Managing Director, Latin America (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
One of the best companies to work for! Owners and senior management care about their people and their own jobs.
Pros
ability for upward mobility
Good Company, Lack of Leadership
Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2014
Lack of leadership and a lack of understanding from co-workers concerning the importance of keeping our customers happy makes for a difficult work environment. (YOU have a job because we have customers; if you're not willing to do everything in your power to get what they need in a timely manner, expect them to find help elsewhere).
Pros
pay is good.
Cons
screaming co-workers (many find it appropriate to literally scream on the job)
Nice Company
CARC Filler Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2013
Love working there and learn how to make paint and distribute it. Also obtain my forklift license.
Pros
the work and benifits.
Cons
laid off
safe clean work environment
Powder Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  milwaukeeNovember 27, 2012
resolved production issues related to chemistry. learn to distinguish colors and predict the outcome of color matching.management was not very supportive and lack of decision making.co-workers were friendly and helpful .work to many hours .autonomy to make decisions and the work enviornment
Well Managed Company utilizing state-of-art technology in the coatings industry
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2012
Review incoming correspondence, email, mail, telephone, etc. and return/answer immediately any thing I can. Some days I don't get past this function and other days I can complete it within 30 minutes. Since I work for the VP of Corporate Development and support the Sales team, I take care of any short-term or long-term projects we may be working on. Review promotional sales inventory.

From a technical standpoint I prepared company technical bulletins (TB) and material safety data sheets (MSDS) in support of lab technicians.

As administrator or the corporate travel in-house agency, I do a lot of travel profiles, troubleshooting, planning for both domestic and international travel, maintain flight schedule for company aircraft and itineraries.

I worked closely with everyone from the receptionist and file clerk, through middle management, and reported to corporate owners. The hardest part of the job was anticiptating what would be needed next, before it was asked for. Often times I was assigned projects with little or no advance warning. My ability to perform with grace under pressure and get that, "good job" comment is what I liked best.
Pros
continuing education mos microsoft certification
Cons
support numerous personnel, very high expectations, company has a certain "click" to it where a person is either in or out.
very good compnay
Develop Chemist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 6, 2012
management is really good.

people are very helpful. provided moving expenses and provide me 6 months rent
Pros
bonus
Cons
n/a

4.2