HEPACO Employee Reviews

Worst job I ever had
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2016
It might not be all branches but the Pittsburgh office is a terrible place to work. First off, the word "Environmental" does not reflect the work you do. You are just a laborer. Second, having a college degree meant nothing to the company, I was put down as a laborer and I had more experience in the field than the people above me, yet I was looked down upon. They lied to me promising me a job to get me on board then never gave me that position. Almost all of the equipment didn't work so often it was hard to get a job done. They are extremely cheap and take every shortcut to get the job done. Management there is terrible with communicating and certain workers get privileges that others don't due to their relationship with the manager. There was no chance of going up the company ladder. They would cut out hours on paychecks to save themselves money. It was just the worst job experience I have had
Pros
Some good people not all
Cons
Everything was a con
hepacho is a great company
oil tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
I loved. It here its a great company and also the hours where great. The employers where great and my co workers where helpful i loved it at Hepacho its a great company to start off with
Pros
a great company
Cons
no cons
Work place is relaxed however they do not keep their word
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2016
Before i signed on to work the only stipulation i had was for them to work with me while im still ln school. They have gone back on their word several times and make it very difficult to go to school and work for them.
Worst place I have ever worked for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 7, 2016
HEPACO is the worst company I have ever worked for. The overall environmental "feel" within the workplace was extremely negative. VERY low morale, outdated/filthy work spaces, old and broken equipment, etc. It is obvious that the company is all about $$$ and pays VERY little attention to the quality of it's assets and morale of its employees. Not to mention that management is very quick fire an employee. They have the highest turnover rate I've experienced in my career. I could go on and on with the negatives but literally could spend an hour ranting. On the positive side, it IS a good place to learn if you are interested in this industry and are just starting out. I've always been an advocate for "getting your hands dirty" and learning from the bottom up. Contrarily, if you have significant experience, are degreed, have worked for other "consulting" firms, etc., this is NOT the place for you.
Pros
stability, "some" good people
Cons
not enough space to list the Cons; WAY too many
No appreciation for someone obtaining a degree
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New YorkMay 20, 2016
The services this companied offered and their multiple branch offices was great to discuss with prospective clients. They are branded primarily as a spill response company so consequently they are reactive and not proactive particularly with respect to sales and marketing.

They are very rigid in their communication protocol so very little is discussed between lower and upper level management. The corporate business development director and I met face-to-face only twice in the nearly 4 years I was with the company.

The opportunity to participate in various LEPC's was encouraged and did provide great brand awareness. As with many environmental and industrial services organizations, the project managers are expected to perform the business development tasks for the branch office.

Very myopic with respect to social media and modern marketing.
Pros
Great service line and span of coverage
Cons
Could not understand or appreciate my going back to school to obtain a degree
Good Company to Contract too
Site Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCDecember 3, 2015
I was provided all the resources and backing to achieve my goals in the field of safety oversight, teaching how to recognize an unsafe situation and promoting the safe attitude that is required at all employment sites.
Pros
Excellant management team for backing a field Safety officer
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 18, 2015
This was an efficient workplace where many different projects are successfully completed. The administrative group is very close and works well together. There is some stagnancy with the attitude from management, with not much room for creative change or growth. Overall a solid place to work, but a change of pace will be nice.
Pros
Training for the job is available onsite
Cons
Dry atmosphere
team atmosphere, great people, and hard work
Hazmat Response Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2015
This company is a great place to work. I got to travel, learn something new every day, and never have the typical boring every day schedule that comes with most jobs. Working at hepaco isn't the easiest job in the world but it will offer some great skills to learn while on the job.
great job
deck hand and crew leader (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 13, 2014
outside job great co workers great working enviroment good supervisors
Good company to work for, very friendly people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. It not only gave me a little more experience but I also learned some new things. My coworkers and boss were awesome and great people to work with. I enjoy everything about administrative work and took pride in everything I did there.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Temp position
A place where there's always work to do
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2013
I was able to get my 40 hour Hazwoper Certificate that was required by the company. Usually, construction jobs are limited in their working conditions due to inclement weather. But at this place, there's always work that can be done for you to earn your hours.
Outdoor labor job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2013
My typical day at work included digging trenches, building ATV trails, and maintaining an organized area.
I learned many areas of a field technician such as building ATV trails and preparing large equipment for duty.
The management was minimal, I only worked with one Project Manager which taught me a lot.
My co-workers were easy to relate to and willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was the weather.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating the very first part a possibly big project.
Pros
Free transportation and hotel stay.
Cons
Away from home a lot. Far travel.
nice environment and co workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester City, NJMay 10, 2013
great place to work but it was only temporary. answering heavy phone volume, data entry, filing, and scanning documents.

Great Company
IT Lead (Current Employee) –  CharlotteMarch 1, 2013
The company is a great place to work, everyone is friendly, it's a nice atmosphere. There just isn't any room for growth. Management is wonderful, they allow you to do your job without the stress of someone watching over you.
Pros
company is a great place to work
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and challenging
Emergency Responce Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 7, 2013
On call for a first responder,always have my bag packed never no how long the job could take.Keep up your training.
Pros
free meals and housing if necessary
Cons
dangerous conditions and the weather could either help or worsen the situation.
Great company with great ownership
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 28, 2012
Wonderful company and very safety oriented culture. Upper management cares who is here and what goes on day to day. Every office throughout the company runs very simular and makes working with each office a very easy transition.
Hepaco is large enough to handle being on the largest of jobs, yet no job is too small for us to handle either.
Pros
travel to different parts of the country on different incidents
Cons
traveling can be long and time away from home has its challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEPACO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6