Herbalife International Employee Reviews in United States

High scope for growth and development
Sales Consultant and Independent Distributor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 30, 2016
Working with Herbalife I am an Independent Distributor at a Supervisory level for over 20 years. I have garnered a vast array of experience, skill, knowledge and training in sales, management, marketing, customer service relations and support in maximising and surpassing sales targets. The hardest part of the job is the limitation in reaching a larger cross section of client due to current technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the clients face and to share the praise report of the transformation of their bodies and health.
Pros
Nutrition benefits at a cellular level
Cons
not being able to take a vacation
Hard work Long Hours
International World Team (Former Employee) –  Central Austin, TXNovember 11, 2015
As an independent distributor you really have to work hard to see potential income. Leads, marketing, social media, and being a personable , healthy and active person are all on the line. If you have a great social network and can build an extensive team of leads, coaches, and potential down line you can do really well. Should you leave your full time job? Probably not until you are seeing career level income. Seasons change fast and the economy affects everyone's spending habits.
Pros
your own scehdule
Cons
income based on sales and hard work
Enjoy work with people
Supervisor, Upper Level Management Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2016
Fast pace, lots meetings. identify opportunities within our management and educate our team to deliver the best product to our costumers. I enjoy to teach and training the new and old employees.
Pros
The Products
Cons
Sometimes the long meetings
A lot Challenges
Senior Oracle Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I worked in a lot projects around the world, also I provide support at the same time. your body can handle it for few years, after that you can very serious problem. It occurred with many different employees.
Pros
A lot challenges
Cons
long days every day
Motivational work
Wellness Coach / Independent Distributor (Former Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Your income will depend on your own drive to attain customers, and create a relationship with them, keep them motivated, strong and healthy.
Great Job
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 29, 2015
Very good company to work for and great job. Management can be a little unorganized which can cause a stressful work environment at times.
Great company mission
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 22, 2015
Flexible schedule working around the needs of the business and the needs of Independent Distributors nationwide. The most rewarding part of this job is knowing that we are contributing to the success of the the company while changing lives helping others create a healthy active lifestyle for themselves and for their families.
Pros
Free product.
Cons
Requires excessive traveling.
Not well managed.
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Torrance, Ca.September 10, 2015
My coworkers were nice to work with. The management is not the best. The company is not manged well. The work environment is stressful.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Not well managed
Don't Do It!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 17, 2012
The compensation/benefits and perks are the only benefit to becoming an employee here. This is a company that will chew you up and spit you out. Since it is a growing company, it is a good place to ride out the bad economy if you can stand it that long. Herbalife has a HUGE turnover. The culture and overall atmosphere is the major problem. Politics, gossip, poor management, big boy/girls club, inefficiencies. If this sounds good to you, apply. Otherwise, save yourself the time.
Pros
benefits/perks
Cons
everything else
Great wellness industry that helps you achieve your life goals.
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  All around the worldSeptember 13, 2015
In Herbalife you will make as much money as you work for! This has been a very rewarding experience knowing that you touch so many lives while making a great living for yourself. There is no greater satisfaction than leading others to a healthier lifestyle!
Pros
Opportunity for wealth, fun
Cons
Multilevel Company, You have to sale face to face
Fast paced work environment with many perks.
Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 20, 2014
A typical day for me was getting through my day-to-day reports and remaining flexible for any important tasks that arose. I learned that if you "put in" a good effort, you WILL be noticed. Management was good, I never had any concerns or issues with any of the management team while I was there. The hardest part of the job was NOT knowing when to not help the customers. Some customers are genuinely naive regarding the products and business and need all the assistance they can receive. Others would try to use you for their own hidden agenda and it was difficult to distinguish between the two if you are an "open book". My co-workers were wonderful, we were like family and still keep in touch after we were laid off. The hardest part of my job was saying "Goodbye" when I was laid off. The most enjoyable part was knowing that what "I" did mattered and helped to contribute to the overall bottom dollar.
Pros
free lunches at end of month!
Cons
long hours sometimes.
Independent and team work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2015
Self employed. Work my daily method of operations tools daily to get customers. Attend weekly meetings with team in the area. Follow up on customers and team.
Pros
Work my own hours...
Cons
I have to make money nobody pays me...
Productive workplace. However, need to improve system of packaging.
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 8, 2012
Herbalife : Fun workplace. It has a ping-pong table at the break room. Co-employees were warm, open, and cooperative in day to day activities.
Management is strict to the rules. Less job security. Company has a mandated overtime mostly on a Saturday. Company hires more temporary employees.
Pros
free lunches on special days; e.g. memorial day, christmas
Cons
most employees are temporary.
Fast paced high level company with high quality production.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAJune 12, 2015
Herbalife International was a mult-cultural and highly professional company that was a pleasure to work for. Everyday braught new challenges and amazing projects to work on. Many items came up in our production meetings for the art department. All employees from different departments worked very well together. Being in the Creative Service department for sales and marketing was very challenging yet very rewarding. Typical days consisted of me putting together important flyers for training seminars for distributors as the corporate headquarters was the support system for distributors who drove the company in that industry. I was always prepared for last minute assignments along with my creative team. One day I would have to create a flyer to promote important speakers to start the day. I would have to be ready to create and constantly update an attractive and elaborate schedule for up coming training programs on the corporate satellite network (HBN). The art director would be confident that I could move along from project to project understanding that each had specific priority. I would have on the spot power point presentations to build by days end for top executives to travel with. Management was always supportive especially when there were high pressure workloads for all of us. There was a exceptional degree of balance and cooperation with this corporation.
Pros
Acknowlagement and appreciation to a job well done were always present
Cons
Losing good people and downsizing and elimination of departments
very good company great to work for it.
Audit Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 13, 2014
i worked at herbalife over 9 years ago and a typical day at work was like my first day, i loved every day at herbalife. i learned how to deal with different culture and attitude, i had very good co-workers and excellent management team.
First class company
Wellness Coach -Part Time Income (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 12, 2015
Outstanding opportunity for people seeking a career in health & wellness. Top of the line nutritional products. Excellent training.
Great place with a great environment
Records Administration, Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 11, 2012
Working at Herbalife was a great opportunity to learn many things. I was able to perfect my use on Microsoft Office, as i did use it daily. i learned the importance of team work and communication as well as organization. At the start, the hardest part for me was organization as well as communication because at the time, i was used to being an independent worker. As it became more necessary to stay in reach with co-workers, it got easier and now has not been an issue with me. i was able to get perfect communication skills. the job itself was not hard, it was just repetitive. the most enjoyable part of my job, i would have to say, was the traveling to different locations and meeting the thousands of Distributors we talk to on the phone daily.
Pros
great environment, benefits, and great incentives
This is a great oppurtunity to work as an Entrepreneur
Personal Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 31, 2015
This is a career that you have to be self motivated and active in daily marketing methods to continuously generate new leads and business.
A great and stable job, hard to grow.
Records Administration, Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 26, 2013
a typical day at herbalife consisted of processing distributor applications as well as any legal document that were received. distributor contact was also heavy regarding any issues with the application itself, or any document we had. i got a lot of experience with many programs as well as travel and event planning for corporate events. i loved the fact that i was able to interact with many people from all over the US as well as the world when hosting events.
Pros
great benefits, friendly people, many perks from the company
Cons
hard to grow within the company
Senior Manager
Senior Manager of IT Operations (America's) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 17, 2013
Responsible of the IT Operation (Americas Region) for a Fortune 1000 company that includes over 25+ offices, 4 data centers, distribution centers, and sale centers. My overall duties include the management and leadership for 7 direct and 60 indirect professionals for the following divisions: Desktop and Business Support, Network and Infrastructure Services, Operations Project Management, Database and Application Systems, and Telecommunications Services with a $20M operating/capital budget. Reported to the SVP and CIO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herbalife International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2