Herberger's Employee Reviews

Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 19, 2017
This was a terrible place to work. I made 2 friends at work, the rest of my coworkers were mean. after I quit i swore to never go back to that place. it seems great to the customers eye but behind the scenes its terrible
Pros
the 2 good friends i made
Cons
everything else
Be Seasonal if you want to work here
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 8, 2017
Plus side, these guys were the only ones to hire me while pregnant. Management was under-trained or awful and workload exceeded employees. Corporate did not care that at least 50% of our merchandise never sold. If we had carried products that fit the region like other outlets, I might think this company still had a chance.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Unrealistic company expectations
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 6, 2017
I loved this job but the managers were racists. My costumers loved me and I knew where all the brands were and I was even doing managing jobs but wasn't getting paid for it
Shitkicker jobs
"Back of House Specialist" (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 30, 2017
It wasn't a bad place to work as a kid but lacked room for advancement and worked people to the point of leaving thus leaving a low skill workforce in-place.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fergus Falls, MNMay 25, 2017
Herberger's made me enjoy sales more than any other place I've worked. The management was very helpful, and the employees were all very nice. I learned the right way to treat a customer.
Very Standard Retail
Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 24, 2017
Your quintessential retail position. It can be hard to commit to this long term, but overall there are no major issues. Scheduling can be variable so hours may or may not stay the same. Shoe sales is commission, so if you are not ready to put yourself out there and try hard to make your goals, the money can not be that great.
good part time job
Shoes Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 18, 2017
Great people to work with. Just don't fall and get injured while clocked out at work. If you do get injured on the job, insurance is a pain to deal with.
Come to work with a positive attitude and you'll enjoy your work more.
enjoyable part
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 12, 2017
I loved being able to go into other departments to help out. During the 2 years I was there, I worked in almost every department either helping ring or working because a department was understaffed.
Herbergers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 29, 2017
They sell things that are expensive unless there is a good sale going on but overall, it can be stressful dealing with customers that are not satisfied and you have to deal with them until they are happy.
Productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Herbergers especially during the Holidays. I loved the Fast work environment, and managers making sure you're comfortable throughout the store. I've learned how to communicate more, and help others. Herbergers is a great store for your first-time work experience,
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long breaks
One of my most hated jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 10, 2017
The people are just rude. The changing of the sales everyday is terrible. Management was in transition when I got there. It was always a mess. The only good part was the discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short Breaks, rude people
Productive and fun place to work.
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Havre, MTApril 7, 2017
The Bonton company is very enjoyable to work for. The employees are dedicated and very friendly. I enjoyed coming to work and helping the customers find what they're looking for.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
hours
Dull.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 7, 2017
Dull place to work. Management was very nit-picky, the store manager even yelled at a employee in front of customers for doing something she was told by another manager to do.
I gave my two weeks notice and didn't bother going the 20 miles for two 4hr shifts in that time. Not proud of that, but wasn't worth it.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 20, 2017
The job and people you work next to are great. Head manager is so awful! They do not promote good customer service, get scolded if your doing your job the way the customers would appreciate. Don't get me started on how much trouble you get in and how your hours get cut if you don't sell people a credit card! It's unethical and frustrating.
Good people and good job benefits.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 17, 2017
Working at Herberger's is fun. I loved my time here, and I met some amazing people. The associate discount (20%) is pretty nice, especially since I can buy the makeup I love at a cheaper rate. Coupons can also be used with it. The manager I was under was amazing, and she was probably one of the best managers I've ever had.
Pros
There is a decent discount and you can use coupons with it, and the work environment is good. I met wonderful people while working here.
Cons
Scheduling is kind of iffy. It is revised every few days, and managers do not let you know when they have changed your schedule.
fun, friendly staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 7, 2017
Being a sales associate in the home department I kept the area fully
stocked, made sure the area was always clean and in order. Assisted customers with finding items they were looking for, as well as helping them order items online if we did not have them in the store.
Pros
work benefits
Friendly work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with coworkers. Fast-paced environment.As a sales associate, I opened and closed registers, organized displays and folded/hung clothing. I learned how to operate a point of sale machine and give proper customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MT 59901March 3, 2017
I got treated terribly by my manager on the daily, as did every other employee. Nothing was enjoyable and i learned about retail.
Herbergers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMarch 1, 2017
Very good place for a part-time job, especially if you're just looking for the extra money. Learned to be patient with customers, time management, organized.
Cons
Last minute schedule change, HR puts wrong pins for commission, etc
Very few employees for expectations
Sales Associate Men's Department (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND 58701February 24, 2017
A typical day was stocking and creating signage for any necessary changes. The hardest part of the job was not being able to give enough customer care due to other work load.
Pros
Busy environment
Cons
lack of employees for workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herberger's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8