Herberger's Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work, gave me the opportunity to expand my skills as a manager of a very small store and sales team to a larger oner
Sales Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 30, 2016
As a Sales Area Manager I focused more on analyzing the financial aspects of the departments I was in charge of rather than personally selling. I learned to review which areas were excelling and which were performing poorly and how to capitalize the real estate of the sales floor to maximize results in all areas. I developed the skills of my sales team to empower them to recognize the opportunities, justify the changes, and ultimately be a partner with me in making any necessary changes.
Pros
Work indepentently, develop my own team, in charge of a "store within a store"
Cons
long hours, constantly on-call
A great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 11, 2016
This company is amazing! They pride themselves on growing and developing the associates they have. They want to promote from within.

There is never a dull moment! It is fun and exciting. The seasonal floor changes are always fun to get involved in with the associates. Their standards of presentation are great. They make teaching the associates their standards easy and fun.
I've quit better
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 4, 2016
It started out as a promise of 40hrs per week then quickly turned into two days per week. When you claim there isn't a high enough budget to give your employees hours yet hire new employees, it makes you question whether someone's chasing a higher bonus or just jerking you around. The Assistant Store Director or Manager is an attack dog with high heels. She would snarl at my Supervisor every chance she got. Working 5am until 2pm for two months straight before being made clear of break rules was dumb. Even dumber was not being on the schedule and clocking in manually, then being told I'd be written up for doing so again. This is a job you want to have a second job in mind for. It's a bit thankless at times. Overall, I've worked and quit worse and better jobs.
Pros
Easy job, alright pay
Cons
Screwy hours, Management wants you in and out quick
Nice department store with friendly coworkers and great benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTApril 12, 2016
I have learned the reason people always say to respect retail workers. Its hard work! But its a great way to learn time management and multitasking along with newfound patience. I'll be honest, my coworkers make it probably 75% easier, simply because there is comfort in knowing that they are going through the exact same experiences as me. But that is only on difficult days. On good days, everything goes smoothly, sales go on without much confusion, and money is made!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 13, 2016
Hardest part of job is lack of ability to get to the floor because of paperwork.
Leaders are strong and offer all available resources. But they are strung thin do to jobs being disolved.
Working with people and development is a must. If you do not enjoy working one on one and leading a group not the right position for you.
Pros
Strong Regional Leaders
Cons
Lack peer relationships due to distance between locations.
Most of the time we had great teams and we could have fun doing our work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 23, 2016
I loved Herberger's for thinking out of the box and giving me a chance and work around my schedule of riding the bus because at that time I didn't drive. When I got a car I went to various shifts but still was grateful that they worked with me.
Pros
Had a lot of potlucks and birthday cakes and good times for the employees
Cons
not very good pay, various shifts were hard to work sometimes.
Positive, Fast Paced, Client Oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 12, 2016
Working retail is a challenge in itself. I love working with customers who have specific needs and concerns.

I appreciate when my needs or concerns are heard and understood by both immediate and non-direct supervisors.

There is a wide variety of age and demographics which aid in the diversity of coworkers.

The most challenging part of my job is getting enough hours.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours and pay
productive and cashering
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 5, 2016
A typical day at Herberger's is mainly focusing on customers and their transactions. Putting away clothes and learning new coupons during the sales in ads. It's very fun, easy and very outgoing. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers but I made it through successfully without much problems. I enjoyed cashering!
Pros
discounts, pay
Cons
N/A
False Promises
N/A (Former Employee) –  Midwest ...April 20, 2016
False Promises! Job posted for Mon- Friday days, Spoke to them prior to interview, and in interview stated the same thing. Mon- Friday then in turn changed it after the fact with every other weekend, The pay is horrible!! Claimed they have a budget and cant pay more or hire another person. Seriously? Your a Big Company!!! total turn off and red flags!
competive goals for sales, amd upsales
Assistant to Men's Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 19, 2016
One of Herberger's strengths was that they were constantly changing and upping their goals, This also gave anybody a chance that where not meeting their expectation's, to partner with someone who was on ways to approve and meet their goals.
Pros
bonus for siging up store cards
Cons
short hours
The management was never around to help problem solve
Customers Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2016
One of worse clothing store to work with. Under new management everything went left really quick. I found myself working alot of weekends when i asked not to work that many weekends but some is ok.
Pros
Cons
Too Many
I really enjoyed the people I worked with at Herberger's.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNApril 18, 2016
Herberger's is a very prominent store in Willmar and the surrounding area. You are always busy and the work is fast paced, which makes the time fly by. I also really appreciated the employee discounts, but the pay could have been better.
Coupons are HARD to learn
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJune 4, 2016
putting away clothes and dealing with customers. nothing more than that. Out of the 7 people I work with 2 are amazing and I love them the rest are self absorbed.
Pros
people i work with
Cons
people i work with
Fun, Relaxed Atmosphere
Sales Associate and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 19, 2016
They do an excellent job of training employees. The coworkers are friendly, open-minded and patient. There is a strong sense of team work and people are not overly-critical of each other.
Pros
Large break room
It can be a great place to work at depending on who's managing
cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 23, 2015
It can be a great place to work at depending on who's managing.

If you get a good manager, they'll let you do your job and trust you, and reward you with a job well done. If not, they'll coach you and let you do it again.

If you get a bad manager, they'll be there every thirty minutes checking up on you, telling you what you missed or didn't do well and if you did something good, they'll say do it five times better now.

It's an entry level job, a great place to get more experience. Pay is lower, but the benefits are good, only for full-time employees, of course.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Store manangement, pay
Easy Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNFebruary 17, 2016
I worked in the Juniors Department. I would help customers find sizes and styles they are looking for. Also, I would help open a Herberger's Credit Card, where they receive more discounts by using it. I loved working with the team at Stillwater location.
productive day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNApril 20, 2016
I would greet and help customers find what they needed. I would use the cash register to check out guests. Dealed with coupons every day. Great staff to work with.
Pros
great staff
Cons
hours
Typical retail
Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 17, 2015
Typical retail place - all they care about is sales and making their credit goal. The stuff is over-priced and the women's clothes are really ugly. Also, their coupons are total BS - they don't work on anything, which just ticks off the customers and makes the associates jobs that much more harder.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
Bad coupons, pushing credit too much
fun job but management lacked
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJuly 8, 2016
lots to do with your time.
coworkers are good
management needs to put more effort in to going to ALL departments at least a few times a day
Team members and management were very helpful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 11, 2016
A good, typical retail work environment experience. Learned a lot about the best ways to get sales and how to interact with different customers.

2.8