Herberger's

Herberger's Employee Reviews

Beautiful new store
COSMETIC SALES AND TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Logan, UtahMay 26, 2015
Herberger's is a nice department store. The work environment is pleasant. I love working with people one on one in the cosmetics department. The most rewarding part of my job is training and developing my Beauty Advisors.
Loved it.
SALES ASSOCIATE, EMPLOYER (Former Employee), Kearney, NEMay 17, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours, Good people
Cons: Daily goals
Herberger's is a good company to work for while in college. They have flexible hours and many opportunities to advance or do something different.
OK place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Roseville, MNApril 20, 2015
Herberger's is a decent place to work but has major problems with upper management not promoting a positive work culture. Herberger's upper management lack the communication skills to ensure projects are done before the last minute.
High end retail store that offers affordable prices.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 27, 2015
-Cashier
-Order Management System for special orders
-Promote sales in the home department
-learned how to process special orders for customers
Most Unfriendly Work Environment
sales associate (Former Employee), Billings, MtMarch 25, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: on your feet all shift, unfriendly sales staff, the store is dirty, dusty, and dingy. Employee restrooms are filthy and need repair!
I am just completely baffled regarding the caliber of people working in this store. They have a high turn over...why? Most of the employees are unfriendly to new people that just start to work there....I quit as soon as I dreaded to go to work. I was just learning to use the Point Of Sale register, my counter manager was condescending and belittling to me in front of customers and embarrassed me. Most of the departments looked at the new people as if they were aliens. I have actually owned and managed two other businesses in the past which involved very strong customer services. I do not lack experience in this area and am very much a people person., I can manage people...and I CAN SELL! I am astounded how some of these people become department managers...they don't motivate, they intimidate! Even though I was there for a very short time, I do remember some great customers...they I do miss. And not ALL of the sales staff or the department managers were bad...just MOST of them. And the sad part of all of this, is that I noticed that the good people that were there when I worked there are gone now....what does this tell you?
Beautiful new store
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Edina, MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours
Great experience, great co-workers, hard work, fast paced. Loved it. The hardest part of the job was returning merchandise back on the floor.
Shoes or Nothing
Sales Associate, Shoe Specialist (Former Employee), Willmar, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: commission, discount, awesome coworkers
Cons: no advancement opportunities, small raises (if any)
Shoes and cosmetics are the only positions in which you make any money because they're commissioned. No advancement opportunities - not that you would want to because you don't make any more money than commissioned departments. Dead end job with long hours since they have their own instead of following mall hours. Open until midnight pretty much every day in December. Discount is 20% first year, 25% after that on top of coupons and sales and clearance which is pretty good. The employees (that have been there forever) are amazing - definitely best part of the job.
Every week is a challenge to overcome
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, MNFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be trying to get as much work done as possible because we receive truck two times a week. I wouldn't say this job is hard because if there is ever a situation, there's always the managers to speak to about.
Absolutely terrible company
Sales (Former Employee), Kearney, NEFebruary 8, 2015
Herberger's is by far the worst company that I have ever worked for! The direct supervisors are really great people, but upper management is a pathetic joke. They disrespect their employees to their faces and behind their backs. They don't consider anyone's advice or opinions. And if you request a day off, don't expect them to approve your request. When I was hired I was told that I would be full time with 35+ hours/week. That was a lie. In the months before I gave my two week notice, I was lucky if I saw 15 hours. Employees are over-worked and under-paid. They deliberately keep their stores understaffed because of budget issues. Which is a huge inconvenience, especially on weekends when you're super busy and running your butt off because you're the only one working in your department. My recommendation would be to stay completely clear of employment at Herbergers. It should ultimately be a last resort. Only work there if you're between jobs and desperate for employment. Because they'll hire anyone.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNJanuary 29, 2015
Awesome place to work. I look being able to meet new people daily
Lovable co-workers
Men's & Jewelry - Sales Associate (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: convenient organized desks at every station, several managers on call at once.
Cons: break room, bathroom hygiene up keep/presentation
A typical day as an employee at Herberger's included:

-Opening/closing the cash register
-Cleaning fitting rooms every hour
-Helping customers find items and lead customer to checkout counter
-Folding and bagging materials in a presentable fashion for the closing and opening of the store

-Management was always on time and consistently available, downside is I was told me different information on how to perform tasks. Hence there were mixed messages, via different forms of management.

-Hardest part of this job was the sporadic intervals of customers. For example there would be 2 hours without customers where I would be starting a project away from the cash register then all of the sudden it would be busy with several customers needing assistance all at once.

-Most enjoyable part of this job was making new friends with my co-workers. I loved talking with people at Herbergers, my co-workers were all ages and views, it creates a new sense respect and awareness of others.
Worst Place I have ever worked
Sales Accociate (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNDecember 11, 2014
Cons: no breaks, bad management, don't hold word to company promises
Management choses favorites and is very unpriofessional at the st cloud location. Unorganized with scheduling and even important messages that need to be relayed to accociates. Management is never willing to work with your schedule! Will not hire you if you have another job. Worked with company for 6 months and all the best employees that they had are quitting due to poor services by the company. Never reward employees with positive feedback. Its a very difficult work environment. I wouldn't recommend that anyone work here unless your willing to be treated with disrespect by management. Dont allow any sick days or call in's or you will be fired
Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNNovember 25, 2014
Working for Herberger's was good, but I couldn't get enough hours to help provide a balanced income. I would only receive. 4 to 12 hours a week.
was a good job
loss prevention manager (Former Employee), Kearney, NEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: working with upper management
Cons: having to be in the store almost all the time
my day usually began with a meeting or addressing employees at morning meeting s and hearing bout any incidents while i was gone from store . I learned how the inventory process works .the management were great to work with and enjoyed their input and cooperation as this kind of job is a team effort in order for it to work correctly .the other employees were nice and seemed to be good at there areas of the store .the hardest part of the job is multitasking all the things at once from observation from cameras to shortages .the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing in the end i am making a difference in prices and other peoples shopping experience
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNOctober 1, 2014
It was sales, sales, sales. And pushing their credit cards. Management wasn't the best and coworkers clearly didn't want to be there. It was not a fun job, but not bad for someone who just needs something part time like students. I didn't really enjoy much of that job other than the few friends I made.
Short term only
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Virginia, MNAugust 8, 2014
Hours are all over with little notice. Coworkers are fun, but turnover rate is high. Wage is awful. Direct supervisors are wonderful, upper management is terrible. The loyal customers are great to help. The coupons and promotions are bogus though, so customers tend to be angry. Don't count on a raise, even if new hires start making more than you.
Unrealistic Expectations
Cosmetic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: poor atmosphere, little or no job security.
they expected me to meet another person's sales records during the holiday season. Really?
Fast pace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNJune 19, 2014
Great Boss to work for. Good people.
Hours where good for morning stock.
Good job, silly store coupons
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJune 3, 2014
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Herberger's. I was given many responsibilities and liberties that other sales associates did not. I liked many of my co-workers, but many of their jobs were temporary. The turnover rate at Herberger's was really terrible. I think a lot of it could be fixed if they would spend more time in the hiring and training process. I was trained very well, and then a little ways down the road they stopped training people. Training is necessary. I do not know if this is a problem any longer.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNApril 8, 2014
Good experience, great management and coworkers

I learned how to deal with people and what to do in tough situations

Management was caring and respectful

Hardest part on the job was dealing with tough customers

Most enjoyable was communicating with customers and coworkers

1 2 3

About Herberger's

Herberger's is part of the The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., a regional department store operator in the United States, offering an assortment – Read more

Herberger's Salaries