Herberger's

Herberger's Employer Reviews

Worst Place I have ever worked
Sales Accociate (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNDecember 11, 2014
Cons: no breaks, bad management, don't hold word to company promises
Management choses favorites and is very unpriofessional at the st cloud location. Unorganized with scheduling and even important messages that need to be relayed to accociates. Management is never willing to work with your schedule! Will not hire you if you have another job. Worked with company for 6 months and all the best employees that they had are quitting due to poor services by the company. Never reward employees with positive feedback. Its a very difficult work environment. I wouldn't recommend that anyone work here unless your willing to be treated with disrespect by management. Dont allow any sick days or call in's or you will be fired
Work Schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Blaine, MNNovember 25, 2014
Working for Herberger's was good, but I couldn't get enough hours to help provide a balanced income. I would only receive. 4 to 12 hours a week.
was a good job
loss prevention manager (Former Employee), Kearney, NEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: working with upper management
Cons: having to be in the store almost all the time
my day usually began with a meeting or addressing employees at morning meeting s and hearing bout any incidents while i was gone from store . I learned how the inventory process works .the management were great to work with and enjoyed their input and cooperation as this kind of job is a team effort in order for it to work correctly .the other employees were nice and seemed to be good at there areas of the store .the hardest part of the job is multitasking all the things at once from observation from cameras to shortages .the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing in the end i am making a difference in prices and other peoples shopping experience
Typical retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNOctober 1, 2014
It was sales, sales, sales. And pushing their credit cards. Management wasn't the best and coworkers clearly didn't want to be there. It was not a fun job, but not bad for someone who just needs something part time like students. I didn't really enjoy much of that job other than the few friends I made.
Short term only
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Virginia, MNAugust 8, 2014
Hours are all over with little notice. Coworkers are fun, but turnover rate is high. Wage is awful. Direct supervisors are wonderful, upper management is terrible. The loyal customers are great to help. The coupons and promotions are bogus though, so customers tend to be angry. Don't count on a raise, even if new hires start making more than you.
Unrealistic Expectations
Cosmetic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: gratis
Cons: poor atmosphere, little or no job security.
they expected me to meet another person's sales records during the holiday season. Really?
Fast pace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Stillwater, MNJune 19, 2014
Great Boss to work for. Good people.
Hours where good for morning stock.
Good job, silly store coupons
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kearney, NEJune 3, 2014
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Herberger's. I was given many responsibilities and liberties that other sales associates did not. I liked many of my co-workers, but many of their jobs were temporary. The turnover rate at Herberger's was really terrible. I think a lot of it could be fixed if they would spend more time in the hiring and training process. I was trained very well, and then a little ways down the road they stopped training people. Training is necessary. I do not know if this is a problem any longer.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNApril 8, 2014
Good experience, great management and coworkers

I learned how to deal with people and what to do in tough situations

Management was caring and respectful

Hardest part on the job was dealing with tough customers

Most enjoyable was communicating with customers and coworkers
a laid back, but hardworking company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brainerd, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: laid back, adequate breaks, great supervisor
Cons: rude guests, not the best management
I only worked at Herberger's for a short time, but my time spent there was excellent. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and I loved working in the home department. The job was a little laid back, but we did have rules to follow. We had a strict dress code of wearing all black, which I loved because it looked uniformed, without having to wear uniforms. Everyone was very helpful, and would take time to help if you had questions. I did hear some complaints from coworkers that they didn't like the managers, I personally had no problems. I didn't have a difficult schedule to work around, and I only had to call in a few times due to illness. My direct supervisor was the best. He made sure I knew what I was doing, and would help me any way he could. My job in the home department wasn't difficult, it was just being able to deal with moving around product, putting out new and existing product, and giving great guest service. I think the hardest part of the job, was dealing with rude guests. Some people don't know how to not snap back at a guest, but I always "killed" them with kindness.
Great place to work for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: employee discount, paid breaks
Cons: low pay, poor management
A great place to work for your first job. I learned how to interact with customers and was taught how to efficiently sell store cards. The store manager was very nice but rarely saw her. The other managers were very hard to work with because you would address an issue and they would blow it off. They are flexible with hours. I loved the people that I worked with. We all got along. The hardest part of the job was being underage and having to work well past curfew. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships you'd build with the customers because it was a small town and typically the people who came in were frequent shoppers.
Productive, fast pace,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bemidji, MNJanuary 3, 2014
-A lot to learn
-Management and co-workers were kind and respectful
-Hardest part was dealing with tough customers
-Most enjoyable was interaction with people
-Typical work day was making sure that the work environment was clean, keeping customers satisfied and informed
Great co workers.
Receiving (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, everyone had a great attitude, workable schedule.
Cons: management was evil, and hard to make your way up the food chain.
it was a good job. I enjoyed it very much. Fun from the moment I walked in at four am to when I left at noon. Except the management were jerks. Didn't care about the people on the bottom, and it was hard to get to them to notice the good things. Of course they would notice the bad though.
BIG COMPANY, MANY DIFFERENT OPPORTUNITES
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 26, 2013
Pros: amazing employees
Cons: seasonal postions
GREETED GUEST, ASSISTED WITH HELP LOCATIONG AND FINDING SPICIFIC MERCHANDSIE FOR INDIVIDUALS GUEST. MAINTAINED A CLEAN AN ORDERLY WORK AREA AND MAINTINED KNOWLEGDE OF PRODUCTS. OFTEN HELP DURING CHECKOUTS AND BAGGING ITEMS
Not the best
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee), Willmar, MNOctober 28, 2013
Pros: uhh.. small discount?
Cons: poor management, bad hr, terrible hours
Terrible management who thinks customer first service means breaking company policies to suit the customers every whim. Horrible HR will hire anyone off the street regardless of general competence. Raises are a joke, absolutely no advancement opportunities ever -not even to full time so don't get your hopes up. When it comes to scheduling, they own you. Nothing could be more important than working at a department store anyway, right? You are never thanked for hard work no matter what you do. For a store that has such a hard time finding people to staff it, you'd think they would have figured out to appreciate the few good employees they do have. Oh and they like to stay open hours after the mall even though there's no customers just to really make sure you know they own you.
Fun and sociable place to work
Sportswear worker (Current Employee), Dickinson, NDSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: breaks, flexible hours
Cons: not enough people on staff
Go to work and help customers find clothing they like. Check people out on the till and clean out dressing rooms and organize the clothing. my co- workers are hard working and very nice! the hardest part is helping customers find exactly what they want and the most enjoyable is finding what they want.
Productive, busy and friendly.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNAugust 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches during the hollidays.
Cons: short breaks.
I opened registers/ Helped customers with their purchases. I helped
customers locate items of clothing.

I learned good customer service techniques.

The management was friendly and helpful.

My co-workers were team players and friendly.

The hardest part of my job was straightening out areas when we were busy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was greeting happy and thankful
customers.
sales associate
sales associate (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAAugust 25, 2013
i worked in the children's clothing department by folding clothes and helping anyone it came in i handle money and answered the phone an made calls when needed
Was not the best job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJuly 23, 2013
Everyone was a little disorganized and undertrained. Was hard to get work done with little resources and managers were absent a lot.
Feel like working at herbergers....DONT!
sales associate (Former Employee), scottsbluff, neMay 7, 2013
Your typical day at Herbergers is being mistreated by your managers. They act like they know what they are doing when they really dont. Co-Workers are all lazy and your hard work that you get done will be downgraded. This company may be "good" but working in Scottsbluff sucks. Feel like working in a different area when your scheduled in another one, yep that is what you will get. You get paid something that you thought was alot and come to find out others get paid more than you that just started....yep that happens to!

1 2 3

About Herberger's

Herberger's is part of the The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., a regional department store operator in the United States, offering an assortment – Read more