Herc Rentals Employee Reviews

Building stability while changing
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 6, 2017
Herc Rentals essentially is a young company, trying to build an identity and making changes for the long run. The people charged with developing a culture and brand that will last for a very long time have been putting the pieces together carefully and meticulously. Their efforts are starting to show especially with the growth of the company, reduced costs and value of the company. These are positive signs!
Pros
Benefits, Work-life balance, Career development
Cons
Marketing efforts
Stressfull work environment
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2017
60-70 outbound calls to reestablish working relationships with equipment renters. Not enough time to build relationship as you would be given approximately 10 minutes per call.
There was always something to do
Credit and Collections Department (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2017
Contact with customer and co workers. Steady work. Had some fun times. Over the years it was more about the company than the employees. I would have stayed until I retired, but company made other plans.
fast pace/ be able to think quickly
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CASeptember 13, 2017
fast pace environment/ must be able to multi-task/ take control/ think quickly/ problem challenges/ dispatching/ communication/ safety/ a lot of different areas of work
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no 8 hour days
Used to be heavy equipment rental
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Herc appears to be getting out of the heavy equipment business and focusing on small tools. Competitive pay, mostly good people that try hard to do the right thing. Very competitive market for equipment rental in this area.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Always on call
Productive and fun place to work!
Senior Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working for HERC Rentals. The only reason I left was because I was offered another job that I couldn't pass up. Everyone was fun to work with, the whole company was team oriented, and it was fast paced which made the time go by quick.
Not a good place to work
Operations & Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 31, 2017
Very fast paced environment at the branch I worked, lots of people back stabbers, even employees at other branches. Very poor branch and service management. About 50% of employees either transferred out of branch or resigned, even people that had been there 5 or 10 plus years because of management.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Lots of back stabbing, phony people
Unhealthy
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIAugust 10, 2017
Not willing to go in to detail. Lost cause. Extremely unprofessional and lackadaisical. Overly unhealthy environment for any "outsider." Would not refer anyone to apply there.
Lack luster
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 9, 2017
Moral very low. Management does not communicate or motivate positively. Little to no support for field repairs. Diagnostic tools for equipment non existent. Redundant daily tasks.
Pros
benifets
Cons
No work life balence
Okay place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
The company is fairly new with a lot of changing parts and employees. The hardest part of the job is the travel. The best part of the job is the family environment at most locations.

Want to know more about Herc Rentals?

Ask a question
Great place to grow
Sales & Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 30, 2017
Herc Rentals is a great place for a career. They are a growing company and the best equipment rental company in America. I would highly recomend starting here if you are in the equipment rental world.
Productive work place, fast pace of work
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work consists of making cold calls to potential customers, dispatching truck loads, and monitoring the branch. One of the main take-a-ways from Herc Rentals is learning to value of time management. The largest obstacle I face at Herc Rentals is finding equipment across the country when I don't currently have it in available fleet. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is that I get to help individuals better their work in hopes of becoming a more successful business.
Micromanage with ineffective focus
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2017
Company insists on only focusing on the top few accounts based on 30 day old invoices, allowing little focus to the to extremely delinquent accounts. Field locations are quick to escalate issues to the highest person that will listen without letting the people involved know there is an issue.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Mis-management
Pays okay. Not worth the stress.
Lowboy Driver (Current Employee) –  Bogart, GAJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed hauling equipment, but I did not like the way the dispatchers set up my loads. My truck's A/C went out in the summer. Some days it would be 100 degrees outside. Management would not fix my trucks A/C.
Pros
pays well
Enjoy the work, people and very good supervisor
Lead Credit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2017
Enjoy the work I am doing. Nice people to work with. Pleasant atmosphere and surrondings. Great medical & dental benefits. Good vacation and time off and a very good supervisor.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company moving to FL
Sales
Senior Sales & Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 9, 2017
Good company to work for but no opportunity to advance. Must be willing to relocate to advance. Did not have a quota to meet every month. Great benefits.
Pros
Benefits, pay, weekends off
Cons
Management is terrible, high turnover
good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2017
Company is new and growing in all aspects of the construction rental industry. They are going through company wide leadership changes so there is good opportunity.
Corp has unreal expectations of local branches.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 8, 2017
Un real expectations on local branches causing sales people to quit all of the company. We went thru 2 sales people less than a year intstead of the company addressing the problem they close our location after 4 yrs of success an being profittable. This CEO is running Herc into the ground.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
Terrible upper managment
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Cost Analyst/ Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
I currently work for this company. I enjoy the job culture just do not see any room for advancement. The part I enjoy most about my job is getting to have that one-on- one relation with my customer (Lyondell Basell). My day consist of billing and rental coordination.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Corporate level is unrealistic
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 2, 2017
Local employees are very hard working and knowledgeable on equipment and the Rental process.

HERC Corporate is still in NO common sense mode with unrealistic goals set for sales reps. Herc requires 5-6 new customer accounts each month or you're written up... Stressful..heart attack environment.

This does not allow much time visit regular and new customers to rent equipment or sell equipment and that is where you make money.

Don't waste your time applying here...!

Pros
Health Benefits are good
Cons
Management does not have a clue