Hercules Offshore Employee Reviews

Hercules was a fantastic company
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 13, 2017
I interned offshore as a roustabout one Summer and loved every second of it. Although they have filed a Chapter 11 since then, I truly enjoyed my time spent offshore on their 350 rig.
Pros
Good pay, 6 months on 6 months off
I cannot recomend Hercules, they no longer exist.
derrickman (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoOctober 9, 2017
Hercules was a good place to work when they were still in business. Constant training with a strong safety culture, hard working environment with a tight knit brotherhood of guys to work with.
Pros
Good pay and time off.
Cons
Unstable oil and gas market
Hercules Offshore was a very good company to work for with excellent benefits and great management that cared for their employees and families.
Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Knowledgeable, energetic team player with more than 30 years of experience in payroll, accounting and human resources. Proven ability to lead diverse groups of individuals as well as work effectively independently and individually. Excels in challenging environments requiring the ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
Loved my time at Hercules
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2017
Hercules offshore is a great place to work. The only reason I left was they took a little more time than I liked to advance. Over all I enjoyed my time working for this company. I really got the training I needed for future opportunities
Pros
Great pay and work culture
Cons
Slow advancement
Hard work
Roustabout/Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 31, 2017
Hard work but that's what I like. I enjoy working offshore. Cool guys that always have your back. They feed you well and comfortable quarters. Cool place to work
Chief Electrician
Chief Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vietnam, PRJuly 10, 2017
Hercules as an ok company. I maintained the rig . Supervised the electricians and ET's. The culture was great. At the end of the day the rig was running. I know I did my job.
Ok Company to work with
Roughneck and Motorma (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 10, 2017
The rigs were old and needed repairing and equipment up dated Received a pretty decent salary. The employers were good to work with. Faulty equipment.
Great place
Lift Boat Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work. People are great and very educated. Management are professional and will help all employees any way possible. The pay could be more inline with industry standards.
Always given the opportunity to learn new aspects
Senior Regulatory/Compliance CAD operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2017
Hercules Offshore was the best places that I've ever worked. They were always open to new and exciting aspects of drilling. I was always given the opportunity to visit offshore platforms and jackups to inspect for Fire and Safety routines. Hercules Offshore is no longer a company sad to say.
Pros
Wonderful people and very rewarding company
Cons
No cons
Loved the workplace culture
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
It was a great place to work with hard working people. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the experience that this company gave me. It expanded my benefits knowledge by leaps and bounds.
Engineering, Compliance, Liftboats-Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
This company was run on a tight, but productive schedule. It offered flexibility to deal with personal matters and overtime was also offered.

The office culture was a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was the heavy workload, phones always ringing, vendors stopping by unannounced.

Management was eager to assist by readjusting duties or tasks. Or as a department we could shuffle around work.
Pros
We were given an hour grace time
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and fun place to work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2017
This was my dream job and I would still be there if they had not gone bankrupt. Everyone was great to work with and it was a truly great company. The culture was relaxed yet everyone knew and did their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Went out of business
Productive with good work environment
Lift Boat Captain (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 9, 2017
Good workplace. Good management. Good benefits. Enjoyed the shifts. Supervisors allowed managers to manage their personnel. Enjoyed working at the shipyard for overtime. Everyone worked well together.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Sold boats to other companies due to low revenue
Great work crew
Galley Hand (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAFebruary 9, 2017
Hercules offshore was a great company to work for they provided work uniforms boots twice a year and also transported us to work if we had a job out west by charter bus by for one of the best companies I have been employed with.
Pros
Paycheck was sent out first friday after hitch was over
Cons
Great benefits & Dental plan
Site Assessment Engineer and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
Very professional organization with great benefits and relaxed atmosphere. Ability to learn all about the marine oil and gas industry from the office setting to the actual offshore field portion
Their is a pool table also video game station, computers for employees use.
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2016
very good place to work, very safe, good work environment.
They make sure all policies and procedures are followed. Make sure all employees are properly trained for the position the hold.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
two, 15 minute breaks, 30 lunch break also.
Was good company when they were operating
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Hercules was a good company, the started small and grew to be a big company that took care of customers and employees. We were laid off because of oil prices.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Por catering
Productive and very big on saftey
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
During the day went over projects underway and working with Managers planing future projects. Management was very helpful and glade to work with me. Others workers were very helpful. Hardest part of the job was the offshore challenges. The fun part was planing the projects and seeing them completed.
Wonderful company to work for!
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Working for this company has been a great experience. I have had the opportunity to work with and for great people who realized my potential and helped me realize it.
Unfortunately, we were part of the oil and gas crisis and had to close down operations.
Great people to work with .
Steward / Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Good place to work . Was laid off due to troubled times in the oil patch. Benefits were also good. Survived 3 major layoffs from the company and was on the last rig that stacked.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Will get laid off with no notice