Hercules Offshore Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work at when oil prices are up.
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
Good company to work at when oil prices are up. Every is enjoyable to be around and treat you fairly. Was rig manager for about 2 1/2 years until oil went down and got played off. The managers are fair and honest with you.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
not a stable job lay offs when oil prices go down
not a stable company
Roustabout/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  gulf of mexicoJanuary 24, 2016
Good foot in the door for oil and gas industry. Company was in trouble and laying off for over a year. Felt like there was zero job security through out my time there.
Pros
low pay
Cons
time off
OK place to work
Roustabout/Motorman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The pay is good, coworkers are helpful, you spend about half the year away from home and family, you work in all kinds of weather conditions.
Lots of fun and a great place to work.
Sr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Extremely busy, friendly co-workers management is awesome, willing to help out as much as possible. Always have vendors coming in to feed you.
Pros
Great benefits. Job Work/Life Balance
Cons
for some reason it was hard for your dept or other depts to own up to mistakes.
Very Productive and Safety cautious
around about (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 2, 2015
Learn How to do things i thought i never had to do. Safety is their #1 achievement. Making sure the employees are well educated on how to survive if the ridge blows up or if employee fall over board.
No job secirity
Rig Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 6, 2015
Contractor to manage the operations of a Malaysian Owned rig, Hercules had limited control of daily operations and personnel management
was a good place to work didn,t have any problems with them
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2015
nice people not really a bad word to say. was treated right but still had its ups and downs. They cared about family. It wasn't a bad place to move up they had the training.
Pros
if you had trouble at home they didn't wait to let you go
good place to work
liftboat captain (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 6, 2015
this is strong company going through transition at this time. due to down turn in offshore production, they are restructuring company, to maintain operation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A well organized place to work for
Roughneck/ Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 18, 2015
I miss working offshore. I learned to work hard and miss my family by being away. The pay was great and the benefits were even better.
great pay
Roustabout/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  GOMAugust 20, 2015
Roustabout/Roughneck work. long hard hours, but once you get used to it you grow to love it. would recamend to anyone looking to get to work right out of school
Pros
live free for two weeks
Cons
away from home half your life
Overall Good
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 30, 2015
This was my first job out of college. It was a great place to get my career started. Organized management and structured job duties.
Good place to work with the right people
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
had to do rig floor operations such as tripping pipe and help with working on top drive and engines when needed. Also had great pay with excellent benefits for the family. Worked well with others as long as everyone was doing their part of the day.
Great experience
Roughneck (Current Employee) –  InternationalJuly 6, 2015
A company that feels like a family. I have enjoyed my time at Hercules and have grown tremendously from what they have taught me.
easy work
Deckhand/Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  broussard louisianaJuly 2, 2015
Its a gravy job when your off shore making money but 14/14 isn't no money for a family man making 150 per day.. The work is easy an laid back the overtime an sweet but its not allthe time u will get overtime
Pros
laid back easy
Cons
working 14/14 no money
Great people, old rigs.
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoMay 26, 2015
The office is always cutting costs, and management is always set in their ways. Most of the hands are great people though.
productive work environment with my years of experience at derrickhand
derrickhand with all updated certs., (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
enjoyed my time at work,working well with others ,help to keep morale up ,comfortable working at derrickhand , everything under watchful eye while I'm on tour
Productive workplace with the emphasis on safety.
Floor hand (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
A typical day at Hercules stated out by reviewing (JSA) job safety analysis,and going in your work area and inspecting your equipment. One of the most important things I've learned was just how important safety was, and it didn't just apply to the employee but management as well. when working offshore your co-workers are just like family, because you spend as much time with them as your family. the hardest part of the job is being away from your family for long periods of time, but the most enjoyable part is you have family out there and you all are basically going through the same situation.
Pros
The Pros is being off for two weeks at a time.
Cons
having to go to some training classes and not being properly compensated.
They were a good company to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2015
I learned so much working for Hercules Offshore. I will be able to use these skills in my next offshore job. I had great co-workers and Managers.
Cons
Laid Off
Competent personnel
Barge Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaApril 10, 2015
Barge engineer insure that stability of the drilling rig was being carry out correctly.
Deck loads were place in proper place maintenance was being carried out as to company procedures
Documentation was up to date for compliance
Hardest part of job was dealing with personnel that never did my job but thought they new my job better then I.
My co-workers I worked with at Hercules were very compliant
Upper management at times would try to change things that were not correct because not understanding operations
Everyone on board were like family we all worked good together
Pros
Being in charge of project operations
Cons
Dealing with incompetent people at times
Good Company to work for Employee orientated great management employee relationship
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  , Vietnam, Congo, Gabon, SingaporeMarch 26, 2015
The days are started off with a safety meeting and then a review of the work done during the past 24 hrs and upcoming work to be performed during the next 24 hours. Good Planning of the daily work, with JSA and all necessary forms and Safety permits applied for and approved before any jobs are performed. Good Communication is stressed as very important part of all jobs. Good communications between all departments
Great Cooperations between the Co workers and Departments to get the job done Safely and correctly.
The Best part of the job is when it is completing the job and known is hurt.
Pros
The Pay, good living conditions and Internet and able to talk to your family on your off time
Cons
Being away from your family