HERE Employee Reviews

Informatica Developer
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
Work environment is so good, All coworkers and Managers are very helpful, Got good opportunity to enhance my skills, learnt new technologies and hands on it.
Productive and Fun place to work
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
I have learned a lot working here. Has a great work environment and overall a productive and fun place to work. I like going to work everyday and colleagues are really helpful.
Fun
Mental Health Skill Building Counselor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 3, 2017
Very busy yet productive day at work. Co-workers come together and we work very well as a team to get the job completed. Management was very open for suggestions and feedback from staff members.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Nice working place, folks are friendly
Software Engineer Intern, Map Layer Team (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
Working in Chicago downtown area, it is a good experience. Friendly management team, it is casual place to work in. The company is promising, too.
Good Company
Production Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2016
A good company to work for but keep your technical skills up. Great benefits. Nice gym. The newer employees are satisfied but the one that have been here at least 8 years or more have seen a big change in management and communication.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Transfers are very hard to accomplish
Here
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 15, 2016
A cutting edge mapping company with goals of providing customers with the best map features possible. A company struggling with trying to provide detailed map features quicker and cheaper than how things were done previously
Pros
Benefits, multicultural environment
Cons
Ownership/leadership frequently change
It's okay
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  OHAugust 30, 2016
There has been a lot of changes over the years and none really for the best, not too sure why I keep hanging around. There have been rounds of layoffs.

Management says they want to improve the work place...tic tic tic

There is no growth, company will not help you expand your knowledge. You'll remain at the same position the day you got hired 10 years later, no matter how hard you work. Your pay will also not increase.

If you're fresh out of college and need a job ASAP this is it, but don't get sucked in too much.

Benefits are good (insurance, 401K) corporate headquarters has more to offer like a gym and I think free food. If you're in a field office, you're lucky to get water and coffee delivered....they like to not pay the bill.

Can work from home but that might come to an end. Pretty much can take PTO whenever you want.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home, benefits
Cons
layoffs, no promotions, no advancement, poor pay
New vision and leadership
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2016
Fast paced environment. New vision, strong leadership. There are great things in the future for this company. Be ready for an exciting ride.
Pros
good work life balance
Exciting Company with need of Culture Change
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2016
This company is among something really BIG in regards to autonomous driving and location cloud.

The co-workers are really nice and the office is a nice place to work (great location in the city).

The company is large enough to take on different projects or opportunities across different organizations

Management is involved in too many of decisions which make the company very slow for a technology company. Also, many of the support teams do not work together as a team to accomplish the goal (or deal). There is a lot of red-tape that you need to be able to get through to get anything done.

The Culture needs to change vastly for this company to be very successful in the future.
Pros
Location, industry, rotational opportunties
Cons
Management, politics, processes (over abundance)
easy going and comfortable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 6, 2016
we were inbound reps, handling 20-50 calls a day placing orders for customers. Sometimes we would handle customer complaints, trouble shooting and returns. mangers are down to earth and always there for help. small place so everyone knows everyone and always friendly, nothing to hard but your standard customer complaints. good hours and great potlucks.
Pros
potlucks every month
Cons
old computers
Constant change
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 24, 2016
Company could be great, but has been in constant change for 6-8 years. Culture went from family like to a business case study. It will have success, but at the expense of being a great place to work.
Built a great career at ALU
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2016
Had opportunity to see a industry evolve from TDM through 4G/LTE. had opportunity to see and learn about many technologies. Not so great of a place as the bubble burst but I survived till I retired
Alright Place
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
Fine place if you just want to put in your work and collect your pay check. Never know what direction the company is headed in. Few advancement opportunities. Management always working behind closed doors.
Pros
Alright place.
Cons
employment safe until next new owner and they decide to clean house.
Cutting edge of map development
Technical Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 10, 2016
I worked on our feature recognition team to develop machine learning technology by verifying and correcting what the software attempts to categorize road signs.

We would have a daily scrum to discuss what we had been working on and what we would be working on for the day which was great to keep everyone on the same page.

Recently a new tool was developed for the deep learning software and it has been fun to communicate feedback to our Chicago office to make the tool more efficient and user friendly.

At times it can be a little tedious to be reviewing thousands of road signs detection every day and it does not feel like challenging or full filling work.
Pros
Casual office environment, benefits are nice
Cons
Not challenging, pay is a little low for my liking
Great People
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work, nice people and benefits. However sometimes reluctant to embrace change and innovation for internal process.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Reluctant to embrace change
Technology A plus; Management D -
IT (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Great use of latest technology; Above average standardization; Environment is excellent; Management is terrible; Advancement is terrible; Benefits are sub par.
Productive and fun place to work
Director, Product Management - Connected Driving (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Great place to work, learned a lot over my tenure, got great opportunities. Everyone is super helpful and approachable. It's a global business so requires travel in business positions.
Couldn't have created a better job for myself...
Senior Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  HOME OFFICEApril 7, 2015
This job allowed me to use my Geography degree, travel all over the world, and develop my love for sharing knowledge and for public speaking. I have a passion for training and communicating. I learned to appreciate expanding my horizons with new technology, tools and programs. I enjoyed meeting people and seeing places all over the world.
Had my position not been eliminated, I would likely not have ever made a change. I am searching for a new experience that will utilize my experience as well as continue to challenge me to learn and grow.
Pros
travel, learning
Nokia Inc.
Studio Manager & Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Nokia Inc. is a one-of-a-kind company. It has went through a transformation period and is now entering into a new era. I love the Scandinavian way of working. It's such a privilege to work for Nokia!!
productive work place
GEOGRAPHIC ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Professional work environment. Great coworkers easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2