Herff Jones, LLC Employee Reviews

Decent Place To Gain Experience
CAD/CAM Designer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 17, 2017
Decent work environment, some managers seem to be occupied with other duties rather than manager their employees. There is a lack of room for growth within the company in regards to the CAD/CAM department.
Alot of new management
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2017
They do not keep any promises

Got more results talking to the wall, then the management team

Very high turn over in management an all areas of the company

Had 3 new plant managers in less then a year , 7 new direct supervisors to report too in last 6 months.

Only a few of the supervisor are still there from when I started, but even they have been force to move into other areas without a choice.
Pros
It pays the bills
Cons
Management has no clue of what they are doing
Too many changes since going corporate
Samples Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 30, 2017
Since being bought out by Charles Bank, Herff Jones has become a corporate machine that cares nothing for their long-standing employees. Rather than promote from within they bring in outsiders to management positions. In the eleven years I worked there I was passed over for several upper management positions, saw the company go through four plant managers, witnessed 20-40 year employees be "let go" to bring in aforementioned outsiders or having their positions "eliminated" right from underneath them. Not to mention, after eleven years of loyal service and a bad stretch of mishaps I was terminated without any proper corrective action warning.
Pros
Recreation committee that raised money, held raffles, & sponsored holdiay parties. Fellow coworkers wer a great group of people
Cons
No upward mobility, let go seemingly on a whim without anywarning
Difficult place to make progress
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2017
Herff Jones is a company trying to move forward with poor management. Decisions are not made in a timely manner and often require rework because they are not thought through carefully with enough input from others.
The workers are very caring and hard working people. I liked how much the workers took care of each other.
There are some flexible work options as well
I only worked temporary for a few months.
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2017
Worked as Data Entry Specialist as a temporary job. We would input data to order graduation items. The hardest part of the job was reading bad handwriting. The most enjoyable was typing all day.
Pros
Started earlier than usual and left early to avoid traffic.
Cons
I didn't get paid much.
Customer Department management is very poor and the Human Resources Department isn't very ethical.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
Customer Department management is very poor and the Human Resources Department isn't very ethical and will produce false information against employees if they don't deem you necessary for the company!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lacks management integrity
A company without a direction
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2017
A work/life balance does not exist in the manufacturing area of Herff Jones. While this may exist in some areas, the manufacturing group is regularly faced with changing work schedules, sometimes daily.

Herff has move VP's than ever before and it is clear that with so many at the top, there isn't a clear direction. There is little follow through on commitments from the leadership team.
Pros
Salary is fair and competative
Cons
No clear direction with senior leadership moving in differnt directions.
Fast paced and long hours
Assembly Line Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSJune 19, 2017
If you want a big check this is the place to apply at. You get to work 10 hrs daily and overtime have your check looking nice. It's only a seasonal job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Only seasonal
Workplace should be a place you want to go everyday
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 19, 2017
The management of this workplace is not very functional, some departments of managers are not familiar with the jobs they do. Also those managers don't know how to treat their employees, and always blame employees whenever something happens.
Productive and friendly workplace
Digital Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn new skills everyday and the hours are great for my family life. My boss is very understanding of my willingness to learn and grow with the company.
Not good management at all.
Plate Maker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2017
Not a very positive environment and it is a struggle to have a happy day when working there. Management has no communication skills and doesn't pay attention to there employees.
Cons
Short breaks
no comment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 2, 2017
no comment on this job it was a temporary job that lasted for almost 2 months. the pay was ok for the type of work that was done. I wish the assignment was longer than it did
Great company
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSMay 31, 2017
Herff Jones was a great company to work for. Long term benefits were good. Would have stayed with the company however there was a boss that not many liked.
productive and fun place to work
PRODUCTION CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2017
I have more than 19 years of successful experience working for one of the largest publishing manufacturers of custom yearbooks. I have been recognized as a quality-focused operator who meets deadlines, pays attention to details, and has earned an excellent attendance record. I respect others, contribute to team efforts, and work well in fast-paced work environments. I multi-task effectively and learn new skills quickly.
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 23, 2017
Works with your school schedule. It is a very fast fast job, must be able to multi task. and you work a lot of hours. The work environment is great, everyone gets along together. If you work hard you will earn a great bonus at the end of the year.
Great Pay
Color Specialist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 12, 2017
Herff was a great place to work and the pay was really good. I loved working for this company. The people there were like family. The product they put out was some of the best.
Good seasonal position if you keep to yourself
Data Entry, order processing-seasonal help (Current Employee) –  Arcola, ILMay 3, 2017
Great seasonal job. Keep to yourself and do what they ask. Great training. Don't be afraid to speak up if you don't get it, they will give you to another department to try to accommodate you
Pros
great facility and lunch area
Great Place to work
Bindery Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2017
I loved working at Herff Jones and looked forward to going to work everyday. Management was great. I had great co-workers. The pay/benefits were great as well. It was a shame when they shut our plant down.
productive fun work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 13, 2017
busy fast paced atmosphere
happy customers
sales and great customer service
workplace culture is very welcoming and friendly
hardest part of the job was juggling product and customers at high volume times
Bindery and IT Support
IT Support/Bindery (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAApril 7, 2017
Hard work and good pay making yearbooks
11 years with them and I would still be with them if they didn't sell the company and close 80% of their factories.
Cons
All about the profit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herff Jones, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9