Herff Jones, LLC

Herff Jones, LLC Employee Reviews

A lot of politics
Director of Credit and Collections (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2015
When I was with Herff Jones they became 100% employee owned. The company has since been purchased. During the time I was with the company there were a lot of politics which factored into many promotions.
Family Oriented
Customer Service Support Leas (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJune 22, 2015
This is a great company for family oriented. A lot of family member work here. The management is not he greatest, needs a lot of improvement. Over all love what I do but management needs to much work.
Herff Jones is very unprofessional.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2015
My work experience with Herff Jones was horrible. The managers always lied to the customers, they would never return calls. They would tell the employees to lie and tell customers they were in meetings. The product was never finished on time or would be sent to the wrong people. Horrible place to work.
Good job to stack money if you can handle sub-par conditions
Silk Screen Printer (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: 40 hour mandatory work week, overtime opportunity, weekends off
Cons: Rude supervisors, Dirty environment
It's a decent job. But, factory work is factory work. A lot of the supervisors can be really condescending and there is a sort of early-industrial social hierarchy in the workplace. The buildings are pretty dirty as well. I reccomend this place only because there are good retirement options and benefits to employees who work there for a long time. If you are willing to engage in low-brow manual labor with a strict time schedule then by all means apply.
Great Place to work
Bindery Operator (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Took care of Employees, Pay
Cons: plant shut down moved to Kansas City
We worked on getting books out to schools on deadlines, would set up machine to put covers on books. I learned how to run 6 Machines while worked the for 12 years.
Great sales job in a little-known industry
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee), Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: exciting sales job, with direct competition
Cons: travel all over a wide area, difficult to get foot in the door
I worked as an area sales rep for this company. At the time, we were newcomers in a region that was dominated by our primary competitors. Our manager relished this role, playing the part of a "pirate renegade" bent on taking market share away from our competitor. It was a challenging position because, in order to get the vendorship for an account, you had to "win" in a head-to-head presentation with the competition, who often had the benefit of already having a personal connection with the account.
Great company to work with for 15 years.
Regional Manager/Area Manager/Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: esop program and autonomy.
Cons: had to work a lot of weekends and a lot of travel.
Managed, directed, recruited, developed, trained sales reps to compete for new business in schools. Managed $60 million in sales.
Completed 3 comprehensive budgets a year focusing on certain products, personnel, sales trends and costs.
productive and felt like one big happy family
Laborer (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: 401k, health benefits, employee owned
Cons: doors closed
Going to this place of work was like a vacation away from home. Everyone got along. You learned so much about the people and the workplace. For the most part, Management would play a part in what you did. They didn't place themselves above other employees. Everyone felt equal. I can't say that there was anything hard about this job because of the relations that everyone felt. Knowing that the product in the end would make the customer very happy. I seen myself working there till retirement but unfortunately the doors have closed for the plant I was in.
Strategic sales designer with believing in proprietary sales techniques with value added benefits and a total cost of ownership model
Northwestern Area Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2014
Driving in the dark trying to catch a 6am flight somewhere in the northwest. Helping my sales professionals close some big account or put together an engaging presentation for specific potential customers. Training on the go and reviewing sales techniques. putting a plan together for goals, actions and expected results for the next business cycle. I traveled a few days with each of my 15 sales professionals every quarter.

I learned sales people as well as operational support like to feel part of a team and to be recognized. They like people to listen to them. They want to be included in any decision making process.

A hands off management with strong direction and training proved best in this situation. Updated reports on progress and hurdles to overcome was important. Communication in a way that all parties involved can understand and agree upon.

Co-workers need to be understood. It is definitely NOT one size fits all. Each has different ways and means. Different motivators and needs to be treated differently on an individual basis.

This in and of itself can be one of the most difficult parts of the job but also it can end up being the most rewarding. nothing feels better that when a team is clicking on all cylinders. The camaraderie that develops is a feeling of utter bliss and accomplishment.
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Line Lead /Machine Operator / Assembler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits, employee owned company
Cons: the building i worked in closed
Good company to work for, Learned a lot of new skills,also a lot of Opportunitys for advancement.
good job
Laser Welder, Emery operator, Finisher (Former Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: out-sourced alot to mexico.
They gave me a chance despite having no HS diploma or GED. I lasted there four years and learned a multitude of areas in the custom ring process. Was laid-off due to lack of work.
Was a good place to work
offset pressman (Former Employee), Logan utahOctober 14, 2014
Pros: very good benifits
Cons: never know when your plants next to get the ax and your left with nothing
the people at Herff jones are wonderful but the very high management is terrible , so terrible they are shutting down all of the factories and putting it into one . I know from a business stand point that's a good thing but tell that to the ones who lose their jobs
Productive Press Operator Postion
Press Operator (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAOctober 10, 2014
A typical day was a high standard work environment. After being there for 30+ years it was like one big family.
Good job, short traveling distance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olyphant, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, esop program, nice country location
Cons: high stress
During busy season, high stressful days. Answering busy phone lines, e-mails and faxes. Create work orders for plant production.
Great co-workers, enjoyed outside breaks and lunches, good working hours.
company picnic good times
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: if we made goals we got pizza for lunch
Cons: sometimes we only got 10 min lunches
worked 6-230 great hours with some overtime
I learned what a good book looks like, a lot of the whole yearbook process
bosses were great
hardest part of job was trying to make dead line when the schools sent things in late but we did it
best part of job was my co-workers a lot of great friends for life and laughs
It was a good place to work, with good pay, but it became part-time employment.
Correlator operator, Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: health care and good pay.
Cons: most hourly work became seasonal work.
Herff Jones was a good place to work, until most of the hourly work became seasonal work,which meant I work 3 to 5 months a year.
Fast Changing work enviroment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PASeptember 4, 2014
Herff Jones is a fast changing company with the addition of BSN Sports and Varsity.
Productive and all around good place to work.
PAGE ANALYSIS LEAD (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: 401(k), esop and other benefits. food & drinks on the job. employer provided food on many occasions.
Cons: lack of work in the slow periods
Enjoyed the yearbook/printing business. A typical day, do your job to the best of your skills and abilities and possibly pitch-in in other areas. Learned how to successfully manage a department/team of 5-8 persons. Great co-workers that new their jobs well made it easier. The hardest part of the job, not enough time in a day sometimes. Work on the priorities and the rest is there tomorrow. The most enjoyable part, great co-workers, able to have a little fun.
Plant closing
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: hard talented employees
Cons: plant closing
This has been a great place to work. Not due to lack of work or performance this plant is unfortunately closing it's doors per corporate headquarters effective October 2014.
fun place to work
pressman/printer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay, people
Cons: drive
i worked ehre with my dad. it was really a fun place to work. my favorite thing was probably the track around the buildings

1 2 3 4

About Herff Jones, LLC

The Herff Jones tradition is about rewarding academic and athletic excellence with world class symbols of achievements. Since – Read more

Herff Jones, LLC Salaries