Herff Jones

Herff Jones Employer Reviews

It was a good place to work, with good pay, but it became part-time employment.
Correlator operator, Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: health care and good pay.
Cons: most hourly work became seasonal work.
Herff Jones was a good place to work, until most of the hourly work became seasonal work,which meant I work 3 to 5 months a year.
Plant closing
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: hard talented employees
Cons: plant closing
This has been a great place to work. Not due to lack of work or performance this plant is unfortunately closing it's doors per corporate headquarters effective October 2014.
fun place to work
pressman/printer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay, people
Cons: drive
i worked ehre with my dad. it was really a fun place to work. my favorite thing was probably the track around the buildings
Great work environment
Data Entry, Customer Service (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers, great days at the office
Each day was different depending on the time of year but basically I would tend to customers either at the office of at schools while taking ring orders, payments, or assisting the sales representatives with ring ceremonies.

I learned how to handle that very upset customer who said they forgot to pay for their ring at the last minute but was demanding – more... they still be allowed to walk in their ring ceremony as well as learning to always go back and check my work 2 and 3 times when preparing for big events.

Management was amazing they supported us with anything we needed.

My coworkers were great, everyone got along and lent a helping hand if and when needed.

The hardest part of my job was going home at night, I loved this company and put in maximum effort and as many hours as I could.

I really enjoyed seeing students receive their rings after months of seeing them and working with them on the design and payment plans. – less
Nice place work
IT Consultant - Supply Chain Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: career growth is limited
Work load is seasonal
Nice management
Nice colleagues
Awesome culture
Productive place and treats all employees equally.
Expediter/Line Monitor (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAApril 20, 2014
Pros: free food at lunch, and 3 breaks throughout the day.
A typical day at work is basically me moving heavy skids with heavy books on them so the sewers can sew them. I'm learning alot of management skills from this job which i feel will help me in the long run. The hardest part is managing the first floor because I have to make sure the folders, gatherers, sewers and endsheeters all have work to do. I love – more... the co workers I feel like we have all known each other for so long because we all just clicked right away. – less
2 years
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mission, KSApril 14, 2014
Pros: complete freedom to work your plan
Cons: no benefits, all expenses are out of pocket
Great management, lets you work your own plan and time

Typical day is 8-6

This is a "one man show" your the only rep in a 10 county area

Long Sales cycle typically 1 to 3 years

Complete freedom
Good place
Production Manager (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 9, 2014
100 year old company. Employee owned. Good work/life balance. Very outdated technically
fun place, after you put in years u pick a ring then every other year they put a diamond in it .
assembler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2014
A day at Herff Jones is easy. No heavy lifting or having to stretch. Matter of fact the hardest part is standing all day.
A Family Place to be
Plate Maker (Current Employee), Edwardsville, KSJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: i fell like a person
Cons: its seasonal right now
when you get there everyone says hello even the plant manager they include you in everything and talk to as a person not just a worker.. i learn new things everyday the job is very rewarding
n/a
Office Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2013
I worked for this company almost a year. This company is really cheap and there are no opportunity for advancement. I wouldn't suggest this company to anyone to work for.
Stable Environment
Business Analyst,Customer Support,Trainer,Web Team (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours at times
Cons: trust
Pleasant Coworkers
Flexible hours at times
Family Oriented
Good seasonal work
Sr. Photographer (Former Employee), Bensalem, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: experiances, people
Cons: pay, long layoffs, travel work not for everyone.
There was no such thing as a "Typical" day at work. You traveled as a part of your job. Sometimes you were an hour away, sometimes 8 hours. Sometimes you woke up at home sometimes in a hotel. But when you were at the job site this is where the typical part of the day kicked in. Lug in and set up large heavy units of camera equipment and wait for the – more... kids to come for their pictures. I have had no one come and I have had everyone and their family come... literally. I have had people come in to no wait and some to a few hours. but when all was said and done, you broke it all down, lugged it to your car and headed home, or to the next hotel for the next job. Heck, sometimes you headed from one job to another that day.

I learned to think on my feet here. I had to make it work, no matter what. And I did. And it was usually pretty awesome.

The management here was typical. It was awesome when I started here and they were under a different company. When they sold, new management was a little sub par but it was okay. Another company buy out and new management a 3rd time and it sadly went to rubbish.

My co-workers were the best! I still am in touch with several of them. But with each new company that came in they brought with them other employees that did not seem to want to be there.

The hardest part was all the equipment. it was rough on the back and the knees. a close 2nd would be the hours. some weeks you worked 5 hours. other weeks you would hit 70 hours!

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got to work with all these kids graduation from high school and college alike. They did it, they made that job fun for me. I would talk to them all and that made it worth lugging all that equipment up and down flights of stairs, sometimes getting stuck in elevators. Having to park in special areas and make 4 trips back and forth to get it in. It was hard and a pain, but it was worth it when you got the perfect shot of a kid who was nothing more than elated to be graduation.

I have to give it a 3 though because when I started here I was guaranteed work, 10 out of 12 months. When I left I had worked 5 of 12 and collected for 6 and suffered for 1. With each new company that bought us our pay rates decreased and the insurance became more expensive. It was sadly no longer a profit for me to stay there. – less
fun workplace
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis,InNovember 7, 2013
enjoyed helping people and being there when needed for production purposes
sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, NCOctober 21, 2013
Pros: always moving, pay, hours, staff
Cons: late nights
The office staff is very good to work with. travel is a big part of the job.
Great people great job, will miss working there
Color Specialist (Former Employee), Edwardsville KSOctober 14, 2013
When I started working at Herff, I knew nothing about much. Now I have a beautiful resume and so much experience in so many positions. Thank you for everything
This was a face-paced seasonal job that paid very well.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches alot, alot of overtime, good pay
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed this job because the operators knew what we needed to get done for the day as soon as we got there. It was fast-paced however I enjoyed my co-workers which made it easier to deal with. The management was ok because two men were acting as supervisors but were never on the same page. The hardest part was being rushed alot of times on jobs due – more... to the poor management. I did enjoy all the overtime we got at this job, however it is only seasonal. – less
herff jones
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2013
Great atmosphere balanced work. management were attentive and easy to talk to
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Arcola, ILAugust 15, 2013
Pros: great pay and vacation
Cons: no cons
A typical day at Herff Jones was to process and ship orders. I learned how to do inventory effective and in a timely manner. The manager I had was very friendly and supportive. I had great co workers. The hardest part of the job was around graduation time when we had more orders than the summer and winter seasons. I loved the job because the hours were – more... great and I had more time to spend with my family. – less
This was a great company to work for right up until they shuttered the plant.
Bindery Machine Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2013
I enjoyed the work and the people at Herff Jones while i was employed there for well over a decade.