HERITAGE CENTER Employee Reviews

okay job
Residential Habilition Aide (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 22, 2015
the Job is fine could become better. nothing more to say for it is what it is sorry can't give more to the story. Aspire was alot better then what Heritage Center does for sure.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Teacher's Aid Positions
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2015
As an Aid a typical day included of course caring for the kids but also cleaning, preparing lunch, and sitting with kids at rest time. Aides don't have much of a say and are on the bottom of the hierarchy. Some of the teachers are rude with their aids and the administration turns a blind eye to it. Also the admin can be "shady" when interviewing for an aid position. for example when I interviewed with them it was for an aide however when I showed up on site I was told I was a one on one aide, something the admin didn't tell me.
Pros
It is for a good cause
Cons
Aids are looked down on
work
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 8, 2015
working here was unorganized some sort. employees everyone was for themselves. A typical day was really unknown which was kind of disappointing. the hardest part of the job is not know what the expect
fun workplce
Volleyball Coach - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  portervilleSeptember 22, 2014
Great people. Great staff. No complaints. Great program to be apart of
The Pay is really not there but the Job is extremely rewarding!
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 29, 2014
Come in to work review the logbook to see if there are any pressing issues, start house cleaning, get prepared for the resident's to come home, either start cooking or pass meds depending on the day, serve the meal, go on outings, help with daily living skills, get the resident's to bed, and finally complete daily paperwork.
Pros
discount movie tickets, having a job where the people you serve appreciate you, fun outings
Cons
moving up is difficult if you are not one of the "chosen"!!
Great experience
Social Work internship (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 13, 2014
Great experience. Loved interning here. I really enjoyed myself. I learned a lot and obtained experience for my degree.
Productive and Fun
Housekeeping/Medical Supplies Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IndianaJuly 20, 2013
I had a lot of fun working at the Heritage Center. I was able to excel quickly into a new position based on my skills and drive to succeed. I enjoyed all of my co-workers equally. The most difficult part of the job was going from housekeeping to manager without training. I believe I did a great job and learned very quickly how to become an efficient part of the healthcare team.
Pros
free lunches
A great place to work as long as you have more than one income stream or are just starting out.
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alden, NYApril 11, 2013
Upon walking into work you first catch up with your paperwork and look into if anything is planned for the day, then get ready for the residents to come home and be prepared for anything because everyday brings something new, pass meds, cook, complete house chores, go on and plan outings.

Again the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the residents and more specifically seeing them enjoy themselves. I especially loved tailor fitting outings to each individual.

Management means well but seems to be a bit out of touch where the day to day duties of the employees are concerned but they can be counted on nonetheless.
Pros
free dinner and/or lunches, fun outings such as movies and themeparks, very rewarding
Cons
low pay, advancement is scarce, even when you can get it its not worth it because the increase in pay isn't worth it.
Enjoyed taking care of and getting to know residents of the facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 17, 2012
Enjoyed being a caregiver although I do not feel this faciltiy allowed me to maximize my skills.
Wonderfull co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co workers and the residents were sweet and loving! although they mandate too much it was a great place to work.
Pros
helping the residents
Cons
mandation

Want to know more about HERITAGE CENTER?

Ask a question