HERITAGE CENTER

HERITAGE CENTER Employer Reviews

The Pay is really not there but the Job is extremely rewarding!
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: discount movie tickets, having a job where the people you serve appreciate you, fun outings
Cons: moving up is difficult if you are not one of the "chosen"!!
Come in to work review the logbook to see if there are any pressing issues, start house cleaning, get prepared for the resident's to come home, either start cooking or pass meds depending on the day, serve the meal, go on outings, help with daily living skills, get the resident's to bed, and finally complete daily paperwork.
Great experience
Social Work internship (Former Employee), Huntington, WVMarch 13, 2014
Great experience. Loved interning here. I really enjoyed myself. I learned a lot and obtained experience for my degree.
Productive and Fun
Housekeeping/Medical Supplies Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, IndianaJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
I had a lot of fun working at the Heritage Center. I was able to excel quickly into a new position based on my skills and drive to succeed. I enjoyed all of my co-workers equally. The most difficult part of the job was going from housekeeping to manager without training. I believe I did a great job and learned very quickly how to become an efficient – more... part of the healthcare team. – less
A great place to work as long as you have more than one income stream or are just starting out.
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee), Alden, NYApril 11, 2013
Pros: free dinner and/or lunches, fun outings such as movies and themeparks, very rewarding
Cons: low pay, advancement is scarce, even when you can get it its not worth it because the increase in pay isn't worth it.
Upon walking into work you first catch up with your paperwork and look into if anything is planned for the day, then get ready for the residents to come home and be prepared for anything because everyday brings something new, pass meds, cook, complete house chores, go on and plan outings.

Again the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the – more... residents and more specifically seeing them enjoy themselves. I especially loved tailor fitting outings to each individual.

Management means well but seems to be a bit out of touch where the day to day duties of the employees are concerned but they can be counted on nonetheless. – less
Enjoyed taking care of and getting to know residents of the facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Morristown, TNOctober 17, 2012
Enjoyed being a caregiver although I do not feel this faciltiy allowed me to maximize my skills.
Wonderfull co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Huntington, WVSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: helping the residents
Cons: mandation
I enjoyed working with my co workers and the residents were sweet and loving! although they mandate too much it was a great place to work.