Heritage Centers Employee Reviews

Excellent families to work with
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14214August 7, 2017
I worked with families in need of respite care for their children. I worked with the children on any goals listed in their plans and took them into the community to learn money and people skills. I worked with the children on safety in the community and knowing their personal information (even if non-verbal).
I provided counseling to the families on how to navigate the system in the best way for their child(ren) when they were struggling. Provided parents with tips on how to work with their children when they were experiencing behavioral outbursts, etc.
Pros
Became a part of the families that I worked with
nice place to work...
Residental Habilitation Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 19, 2017
Decent benefits and nice co-workers with a ladder to move ahead....not physically demanding work but you must have the mental patience to achieve desired outcomes...
Great Place
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 10, 2017
love to work here good work environment and very good communication with the supervisors and the residents who did live there . i woud recommend this job to other people .
heritage center is teaching, fun ,and awarding
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 1, 2017
Heritage center is a teaching ,fun and awarding place to work because were teach mentally challenged people who are will to learn more times than not.
Pros
free lunch, fun outings, good health care plan
Cons
negative behavior act sometimes
It was okay but the individuals make up for it
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYJune 21, 2017
I honestly loved working there for the individuals but the co workers and the management can be really nasty and rude. I realized many of the people there were not even trying to make the home better for the individuals. It honestly upsets me how drama is more important than the well being of the individuals. Other than that, I definitely would recommend asking for day shifts because you really do learn more through bringing the individuals to appointments. Also the great thing about Heritage is that they train you before putting you into the homes. I learned alot through that as well, which was a plus! Don't get me wrong, the job as a whole was great, it is just the people that can make it unbearable.
Pros
nursing, medication, disablities, Emr
Cons
Literally no breaks for yourself, low pay
stressful and no support from management
RESIDENTIAL HAB TRAINER (Current Employee) –  grand island nyMay 20, 2017
would not recommend anyone to work here. it is stressful and the management does not care at all about staff, all they care about is you coming. you can be sick and get flack for calling in.
Fun and productive work environment
Mental Health Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2017
I worked with children and teen in the community and I loved the job. I learned a lot about myself and the clients. I was able to work with them to build skills in the community
Each employee brings something different to the table.
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 25, 2017
Working at each group home is very different as the needs of each resident is different. Sometimes you spend more time redirecting, other times it's more hands on healthcare aide work.
Pros
There is always coverage needed.
Cons
Working in the evening means you have no time for family during those hours.
Dont do it
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYMarch 30, 2017
Been here for years. For a company that advocates for people they sure don't care for their employees. Lucky if you get a bonus at Christmas now. If someone doesn't show up to relieve you on your shift, you're stuck, no if and or buts. Good luck trying to move up too because once they got you, they got you. They don't want to then have to fill your horrible position if you move up. It's always "hired outside of the company". Nothing is ever appreciated and the stuff you have to do for the horrible pay isn't worth it. Bed bugs are always a problem too and no Heritage won't pay for your home if you bring them home. Can't even take off or go on vacation unless you find your coverage (good luck on that with no workers )
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Very rewarding company and job to have.
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Work FloorMarch 13, 2017
I helped supervise people with disabilities and teach them how to do everyday jobs in the community and be able to keep a job. Helped the clients to be able to sustain themselves in different job positions.

Want to know more about Heritage Centers?

Ask a question
Great for experience
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 9, 2017
This job was great for experience but the building is out dated and the equipment that the staff were using needed to be updated. But it was great to gain the experience.
great place
IN-HOME FOSTER CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Great atmosphere and staff. Always very respectable and offer a helping hand in all departments thus far. Always opened to suggestion and always room to move up.
Very caring environment
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2017
I love my job working with the disabled. I make their life as normal as possible . I do anything that the client can't do on they own. I loving helping people who cant help themselves.
Great staff fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Excellent Teachers small classrooms for one to one learning. Great opportunities to make a difference in the children's lives
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I loved working with the Clients everyday. They taught me a lot about the disabled. Everyone is very friendly.
Aweseome
HABILITATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I loved working here! Amazing company and they really care about employees! If I did not move I would still be working there!
Good place to work with benefits.
Residential Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Heritage Centers is a wonderful place of employment. Every healthcare agency has its ups and downs, but you will have job security within this company.
Benefits
Cons
High turnover rate
alright
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2016
its an alright place to work. I feel there is a lot of drama with working here and that is not my cup of tea. Co workers for the most part are nice. Managers are also. No holidays off is a killer though.
Pros
Manger was nice
Cons
Too much
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  2643 main StreetNovember 14, 2016
I have been with Heritage Centers for 17 years. The agency believes in promoting from within. We are a supportive agency with employees who have worked here for a long period of time
Pros
great benefits
Cons
need more DSP's
rewarding company
Office Manager / Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYNovember 10, 2016
With all the accounting and office work I also learned a lot working with the mentally challenge clients. Was a teacher in training how to run the snack stand, maintenances and refinishing furniture. Love working my co-workers. Did lots of volunteered work for fund raising money. Very rewarding seeing the happiness on the clients faces.
Pros
working with people that appreciates lifes little things
Cons
non-profit no pay