Heritage Centers Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
RHT (Rehabilitation Trainer) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 28, 2015
They are rude, make you feel like your dumb if you don't know how to do something the company is backwards they don't run it right.Thats why employee's don't stay or they get fired because they don't take the time out to actually help ppl who have not passed meds before do it accurately without making them feel sad.
Very busy
Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2015
Meet with bosses, handled pay roll, check schedules,check man hours and any cost associated with them, keep up with the work load
Awesome Job Have Been Here For Years
Habilitation Trainer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: love every part of this job.
Cons: not much room to move up.
This is by far my favorite job I have ever had. I love working with the residents and training them in new skills. A typical day involves passing meds, training residents on cooking cleaning and daily living skills. The best part of the job is the feeling I get when I see a resident master a new skill we have been working on. The hardest part of the job is the emotional attachments you create with your residents as you work with them.
rewarding if you enjoy helping others
job coach (Former Employee), buffalo, nyNovember 9, 2014
Pros: helping others
Cons: lazy management, too much work for the pay, no room for advancement
Do yourself a favor and avoid supported employment...trust the other reviews by former employment specialists!!! This place does a lot of sneaky things to their most faithful employees like finding ways to get rid of people whose income is too costly for the budget, demoting and promoting people who don't deserve it, there is favoritism and segregation among staff and caseloads but they'll deny this until they're blue in the face. Management is lazy and the work environment is like high school, many immature caty women.
awful place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: underpaid
Management had no clue what they were doing. There is no formal training to gain experience in the field that you are working in, they just throw you in the mix and expect you to know everything. You do an array of jobs and only get paid for one. there is no overtime, and if you are going to go over your hours they make you adjust your time to prevent paying overtime.
Self rewarding Career
Residential Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2014
Great opportunity being able to work for a company that helps those in need.
Reflective, Humble, Rewarding, Smiles
Lead Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the long life friends and memories you will take with you.
Cons: the above and beyond duties required of staff, physically challenging
Heritage is a challenging place to work as a employee. In this area of special needs, you need to have a special heart and disposition for the individuals and all the challenges and barriers they bring to the table. You have to get in a place of not taking an individuals actions personal and still embrace them when the day is done no matter how hard the day was. The most enjoyable is seeing the smiles of the individuals you serve, the hugs, tears and the thank yous are unforgettable.
Fun Job!!
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee), Tonawanda NyFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
This was my first experience with working with people with developmental disabilites. I learned a lot and was able to take what i learned from People and advance throughout my carrer.
Residential Habilitation Trainer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 6, 2014
-Managed facility working with adults with special needs.
An agency with concern for consumers and employees with good work ethics.
Senior Accountant (Accounting Manager) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 31, 2013
A company with a good work ethic. Concern and focus for consumers. Good fellowship with co-workers. I had a fun and challenging time up-grading internal financial accounting procedures and processes. A rewarding job.
Not a bad place to work overall
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great people we work with
Cons: never knowing when i would be done with work or knowing how much my paycheck would be
Assist individuals with developmental disabilities with achieving their valued outcomes such as money skills, household cleaning, mobility training, etc. I also worked in the office answering the phone and making phone calls to our individuals. I assisted with creating and implementing social skill classes. I aided my co-worker in creating a spreadsheet to keep track of those who attended activities and creating a monthly calendar.
Fun environment where children gather afterschool
Program Instructor (Former Employee), Buffalo NYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: only 12-15 work hous per week
A typical day at Hertiage Centers would be to create and review monthly newletters, activity and snack calendars, training of new staff, engaging atypical children in constructive play, transporting, communicating daily reports to parents and my supervisor and documentation for billing purposes. The most rewarding part of my job was that it allowed me to be creative as well as to be a positve role model for my co-worker and the children we served.
service coordinator, faced paced environment
Medicaid Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 1, 2013
Pros: very rewarding position
Cons: long hours
I worked as a service coordinator with the special need population, coordinated services, completed all the necessary documentation to ensure their benefits and entitlements.
Good place to work for
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYJanuary 8, 2013
It was a good place to work for. My fellow co workers where friendly and helpful. Management was easy to get along with. The most enjoyable thing about the job was working with the people with DD and seeing how happy they where when they would see you. It really made you feel really special in their eyes.
Aweful
Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Don't work at Heritage it's absolutely terrible. Especially Supported Employment.
Good company to work for
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo,NYAugust 30, 2012
I worked there on a per-diem basis for a few years. I never had any problems with management, supervisors or anything else. Like most direct care positions the pay is relatively low, regardless of education or experience, but such is the case with human services.
Great experience in residential housing with kids
Residential Trainer/Service Plan instructor (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYMay 18, 2012
Pros: able to work with children
Cons: no reliable or consisten hours
Hands-in setting. Gained experience working with familes and specifically children placed in residences.
Pretty managable place to work
Residential Shift Leader (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 20, 2012
Pros: fun, see a lot of places you've never seen before
Cons: require serious delicacy, or, cost your job
This agency is strict and worth working for. When providing care for the individuals, you have to show compassion and interest, or the job is not made for you. It is worth the money however, the job security can be a bit so/so. It all depends on what site you work and shift. I enjoyed my site and the individuals...Just too bad that I had to move to a different city