Heritage Christian Services Employee Reviews

Busy workplace with fun individuals
Resident Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14623August 11, 2017
A typical day at work is usually fast-paced, busy, and sometimes stressful at the beginning but towards the end, things come together and it slows down and becomes an easy-going environment. Working for this agency allows people to interact with others to improve the individuals lives and you get to become a part of their everyday life.
Pros
Outings, flexibility
Cons
Starting pay
competitve
SHIFT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2017
working with the individuals that live within the group homes were fun. the problem is staffing and management not doing whats best for their teams. Not real professional from my experience.
ok job
Direct Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 18, 2017
Pick up clients, help them with daily routines, take them for outings into the community, the pay for what you do is pretty low, parents and management not on same page at times
Per Diem Work is Great
Commuity Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 2, 2017
One on one community habilitation through the self-hire is a great opportunity to add to your income. Depending on your client, hours are very flexible.
Pros
Flexible hours, rewarding job
Cons
Little advancement
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 1, 2017
They do wonderful work for individuals with developmental disabilities. Flexible hours, you are able to participate in various recreation activities, good training.
Great Place
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Town of Chili, NYJune 30, 2017
truly define true Christian Compassion,
give the individuals we support something to look forward too and also a great outlook on life. Strong team of workers and managers.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 30, 2017
Enjoyed working and surrounded around motivated individuals who enjoyed assisting other individuals with achieving their daily life activities. It was a fun place to work.
stressful
Driver /Direct (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2017
poor management as well as poor upper management .rules only applied to certain people ,management talked down to staff .loved working with individuals .
Love this place
Medical Liaison (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYJune 4, 2017
This was at the top of best jobs I have ever had. I left heritage Christian service to go back to college full time. I loved the clients I worked with day to day, and formed wonderful friendships with my co-workers. This company is great to their employees, and I was able to move up very quickly to a management position.
Pros
Happy
Caring and individual based Christian oragnization
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2017
A typical day includes working with individuals with disabilities, but as far as what you do varies from day to day. It all depends on how the individual is feeling that day. A great day may include helping someone learn new skills or going to a community outing. Other days you may be helping someone get through the day whether physically or mentally. Working in this job I have learned to be more patient, and compassionate towards others. The management are experienced in the field and understand the importance of the staff as well as the individuals.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Pay is low
My Experience
Community Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2017
I loved working with the individuals,however; being a community support I was asked to so much with very little supervision and there was constant criticism from the management team. Plus, the families didn't totally understand all that you did for their loved one.The combination made it very difficult to =work there.

I did make some good relationship with the individuals and continue to be involved in their lives. We get together as often as we can.
Pros
The individuals served.
Cons
The management team!
Productive, rewarding work with meaning!
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYMay 30, 2017
A typical day included: caring for immediate and ongoing needs for individuals with disabilities. Team work with staff and balancing the demands while creating a family-like atmosphere.
Management is hands-on and results driven while being flexible.
The culture is one that fosters individual growth and maintaining integrity in all areas.
The hardest part of the job is adapting to the physical demands.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Free meals, making new friends, rewarding work.
Cons
No breaks outside the residence.
Company does not hold management accountable for their actions
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sanborn, NYMay 27, 2017
Company has a lot of negatives which is why in the last two months they have lost a lot of employees. Mostl have taken other jobs after being with the company for many years and seeing that the company has changed over the years.
Fun environment, can be stressful but rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 27, 2017
If the field interests you I would suggest working here. Great coworkers, fulfilling work, great environment and growth if you seek it. I would go back if I could.
review
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 26, 2017
Senior staff is under appreciated and under paid. It is a popularity contest and your advancement depends on who likes you and adovcates for you. Very stressful job and the residential managers are taught to be lazy because of the position they hold
Good company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2017
Great company just not the field I wish to retire in. Management can be a pain sometimes. House I was stationed at was very high functioning and staff took good care of the individuals.
Pros
Able to gain a great bond with individuals
Cons
Not enough staff sometimes
Enjoyable job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 20, 2017
Working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. I enjoy coming into work everyday and making a difference in their everyday duties, or life overall.
Pros
making a difference in their everday life
Cons
no break
High demand with poor pay
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYFebruary 28, 2017
You will spend your days as a mentor, teacher, LPN, RN, OT, PT, and behavior tech to individuals with intellectual disabilities. Few opportunities for advancement and upper management expects more from workers with less resources.
Pros
Relationships; fulfilling work
Cons
Pay
Heartwarming
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYFebruary 21, 2017
This is a good cause and it's wonderful to help students ride horses. You can see the transformation from week one to week twelve, so it's rewarding. They tell you exactly what to do with training.
Not a good place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Horrible place to work relief only get 9.50 and hour and they make you do so much for very little pay.Maneger's are very rude the hours are bad as well mostly second shift like 4pm -12am some places work every weekend.Mcdonlds is actually a better place to work than here.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Christian Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval