Heritage Christian Services

Heritage Christian Services Employer Reviews

Serving the folks
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), East Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2015
This was overall a great company to work for great benefits great people it just felt like home and never wanted to leave. Folks loved going on outings!
Nice place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), East Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free meals. sometimes free movies and other activites.
Cons: no breaks
Direct Support Professionals at Heritage Christian Services help assist people with developmental disabilities in their day to day lives. Staff are trained in a wide variety of things including adult, child and infant CPR. Management and co-workers are hit or miss. Sometimes this type of field attracts not the best employees. But it also attracts some very caring employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the difficult co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the people that you are helping.
Meaningful organization
Medical Liaison (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Offers a great opportunity to support individuals in growing to their potential
Best place to work
Medical Liaison/Direct Support (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: shopping for the resindents and taking them on outing
Cons: crazy hours
I assited medical disable adult with their every day needs. The thought me so much. To appriciate everything you have and your health.Managment and coworkers were amazing. The hardest part would be when the resident would have behaviors. The part i enjoyed the most is make a difference in there life and showinng them different things.
Resident counselor/ Recreation Specialist
Recreation Specialist/Resident Counselor (Former Employee), East Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2014
I worked in a resident home as a resident counselor for four years. I provided personal care and assistance with daily living skills. I also provided prescribed medicine. At the end of each shift we documented for each individual we worked with. The last year I was promoted to a management position as a Recreation Specialist. In this position I managed the staff on shift. I also put together activities and celebrations for holidays and birthdays.
Productive and fun environement.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee), N Tonawanda, NYJuly 14, 2014
Pros: work has a fun feel.
Cons: health care coverage is expensive.
My day at work has a home setting with a lot of fun fillef outoings with the residents.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Webster, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible positions, great benefits, understanding workforce
Cons: ignorant managers, constantly under staffed
I was a manager at heritage for quite a few years. Heritage, as an agency, is AMAZING. The benefits and job security are outstanding, however the amount of power they place in the hands of the residence managers is atrocious and they expect 300% of your time and efforts. If I could find a balance between the amount they expect me to be at work (or be involved in extra curricular work activities) I would never leave. The best part of this job was having fun and doing fun activities while on the clock. You build lifelong relationships with the people you support, and I will never regret that!
fun but stressful
Outing coordinator, cooking meals (Former Employee), webster NYJuly 1, 2014
i would take care of mentally disabled adults, take appointments go on outings order medical supplies cook meals do laundry
Fun caring enviornment
Resident Counselor (Current Employee), East Rochester, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: understading, caring, great enviornment
Cons: sporatic hours
This company not only cares about the individuals it serves but, also those that it employs. They are always taking strides to better serve and accommodate their employees better. They work with you on scheduling and are understanding when family issues or schooling comes around.
fun workplace with outings
Respite Home Counselor (Former Employee), Webster, NYMay 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the consumers and taking them out on outings to keep them busy. I loved that it was a home setting and the staff were team players at all times. Management was always there to lend a helping hand which was different from other jobs I've had in the pass.
A rewarding experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), East Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: no advancement, stressful environment, low pay
Working with individuals with developmental disabilities can be fun, rewarding, and challenging. It is not for everybody, but if you enjoy helping people then this could be the place for you. I have met some of my greatest friends here.
worst job ever
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner, ability to help out physically impaired
Cons: no lunch breaks
underpaid, management is biased, long hours, worst job I have ever worked
Fun and always changing environment
Community Habilitation Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2014
I meet with folks who live independently in the community, I work with them teaching life skills. No day is ever typical and we always have fun.
Heritage
Staff Supports (Current Employee), 349 W Commercial St East Rochester, NY 14445March 21, 2014
This job definitely has a huge purpose, goal, and success rate in or community. No one likes the administration of the meds part of it, but everyone enjoys being able to put a smile on peoples faces.
Great experience
Medical Liaison (Current Employee), East Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2014
This position really gave me a bigger perspective of what many of us take for granted. To be able to make a difference in the lives of many was very rewarding.
Great day hab at Cayuga Ext. in Niagara Falls, NY
Relief Staff Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cayuga at Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: being able to assist & help people with disabilities. clean & friendly environment, great benefits/full time
Cons: at another day hab, not willing to try new ideas to helping them learn new things and no one should be left out.
I really enjoyed working with the people that come to the day hab and being able to teach them life skills so they can live and work out in the real world. Cayuga Day Hab has the best staff and have great people who love just going there to learn and help out in the community also. No matter what disability a person may or may not have, they should be respected like you & I and that's what the Cayuga Day Hab Staff does best. I wish I could work there 5 days a week, but I am only a relief staff and help out when they are short staffed.
Job can turn into career
Assistant House Manager (Former Employee), east Rochester, nyJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good health benefits (if single, got expensive the more covered), some bonus'
Cons: lack of communication, not getting support when others aren't pulling their weight
I started as a resident counselor, and was involved in the direct care for adults with disabilities. Within 6 months, I took the course to become a direct support professional, which lead to being a nationally certified direct support professional.
Before my 2nd anniversary, I became an assistant manager, and loved my position. I thought I was going to go all the way and become a residence house manager, especially after filling in for the residence manager over a year span (not continuously.)
Being an assistant manager you take on the role of manager, but will be required to do direct care as well. There is a lot of computer data entry, and time sensitive documentation that needs to be completed.
There are a lot of benefits that the company provides, and bonus' sometimes, but it is a hard job physically and mentally. The pay could be higher for what is expected of you.
Great Place to work
Per Diem Staff (Current Employee), Rochester NYDecember 2, 2013
This is a very employee friendly company to work for. There are many opportunities to advance through out the company.
Great experience
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), E Rochester, NYSeptember 14, 2013
good organization for anyone who wants to learn how to work in a team environment. You may see examples of how it should be done as well as how it should not.
Very rewarding Job
Resident Counselor (Current Employee), Penfield, NYJuly 24, 2013
Even though I work 40+ hours a week. I love my job. I work with great people and I enjoy coming to my job every day. The residents are so loving and they have a place in my heart. There is down time when need me. There is always something to do though. Never a dull moment at work.

Heritage Christian Services Salaries