Heritage College Employee Reviews

learning enviroment
Esthetic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
Very rewarding job, teaching students about skin.

Loved the management team, they had a open door policy and was always their to help.

I did not agree with the way the owner closed doors without letting staff or students know.

relaxed, fun environment, no micro management as long as we stuck to the curriculum.

I was able to learn so much as well.
Friendly work environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, FLJuly 5, 2017
enjoyed working at Heritage, friendly co-workers, willing to help if needed. Manager was experienced and professional and always helpful. Unfortunately school closed.
Pros
casual work environment
Cons
school closed
nice place to work
Dental Program Director/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the students to help them learn a new trade in dental assisting and learning how to adapt to a new career. I was very impressed on how students were very focused on wanting to become a professional. The work load was very challenging but the end results of having student walk across the stage with a smile on their faces who completed the program, was worth every hour and time spend that was dedicated for them.
Pros
enjoyed my job teaching, enjoyed co-workers
Cons
work life balance
Out of Business
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
Greed and poor leadership once again concluded on another beneficial institute to assist others in improving their lives. Opportunity to learn from this debacle is hard to find, but insight from those I helped are worth the time invested.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Leadership and benefits
Heritage
XMT Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2017
I worked there for 9 years until it shut down- it was a good place to work for alothough there was alot of nepatism- family members worked together and were favored over other non family employees
Pros
weekends off
Overview
Welcome and assist the customers (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2017
Basically, Heritage College was helping and providing me assistance in getting into the field. I learned a lot of different things about the medical field.
Heritage College CLOSED all 10 locations
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2017
Heritage College filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The college closed all 10 Locations November 1, 2016. There was high turnover in the executive director positions at all locations which resulted in lack of consistency when it came to policies and procedures.
great team work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 31, 2016
Heritage was a great place to work, up until 2016, Their curriculum changed for the worst. But by far this was one of the best places I have ever had the privilege of working at. The staff was very team oriented, but still allowed each person personal input. The Team of Instructors were extremely dedicated to the success of the students.
Pros
Tons of support when asked for
Cons
their new curriculem and new CEO bankrupted the company
nice people
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2016
I was an instructor to adult students. this type of school gave them a second chance at life. They were very easy to talk to. They were eager to learn.
Pros
part-time
Cons
unorganized
Heritage College
Employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2016
The company is no longer in business. While working there, I gained useful tools to move forward in my career. I have met fantastic people through this experience and learned how to effectively manage my own department.
A joyfully purposeful environment that came to its end.
Vice President of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2016
Each day at Heritage was about the students. With cooperative creativity, and a spirit of quick response to needs, the corporate office enjoyed seeing the product of keeping things simple - with the goal of successful graduates in all that took place. Management led each employee to see the value of remaining compliant and innovative. New ideas were welcome, and mistakes were recognized as learning experiences. Heritage was a home. Note, these accolades are past-tense. Heritage College has closed.
Work life balance was the best part of working at Heritage along with the students.
Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 29, 2016
Loved what I did, just a shame that the corporate management did not know what they were doing and ended up getting the school closed. The Students and instructors were great to work with.
Great place to teach
Fitness Trainer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2016
Heritage College was a great place to work and teach. However, it was privately owned and the CEO declared bankruptcy and shut down all 10 locations without notice to the faculty, staff, or students.
Company is closed
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2016
The company closed its doors November 1, 2016 due to lack of funding. This is due to government regulatory changes having a negative impact on proprietary schools.
Great place to teach students until they shut the doors
RVT, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work and I really loved teaching my students. This was a very family like place. I am really proud of the students. Everyone was doing so well until Heritage closed its doors with no warning to the staff or students. This was truly heartbreaking. The students were out tuition and an education. The staff were out a job and insurance and benefits and the checks were short or bouncing. Great place when it was open, horrible during closing.
Pros
family like environment
Cons
closed with no warning, putting students and staff out
Enjoyable
Program Director/Intern Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKNovember 4, 2016
Great place and people to work with. I learned how to manage while I was employed with them. Co-workers were great. I enjoyed being able to spend so much time in the facilities working with my students.
Poor employer
National Financial Aid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2016
COE and owner ran out of money but didn't tell any employees until we didn't get our pay checks. CEO ran out one week before the door were closed forever. Lots of students, instructors, and staff were blindsided. Very sad, worked there for over 6 years.
Heritage College
Financial Aid Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2016
I love working for this company, my coworkers are great. I enjoy learning new process and it is exciting to see the growth within this school. I love assisting students and FA advisors daily.
Na
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 25, 2016
The environment is ok. The co-workers are great. The students are a challenge. We need more program options for the students
Very well maintained school
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2016
I worked with alot of great instructors, and students. I would recommend this school to anyone, and recommend this for employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8