Heritage Crystal Clean

Heritage Crystal Clean Employer Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Oil Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
They have good benefits and salary. Every day is different. It is challenging.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), ElginOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great healthcare
Cons: short lunch, only 30 min
There is always work to do. The branches send their work in through out the week, keeping us busy. The only overwhelming time is when we close at the end of each month.
very interresting
sales rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: keeped me very busy and challenging
Cons: 14 to 16 hour days
was very interesting I loved my job. I was over 12 people managing a Branch . Waste removal and sale of new chemicals to auto repair and industrial facility's
Productive and enjoyable environment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Monee, ILMay 17, 2014
Pros: free company lunches
Cons: workload
My day to day activities included mainly billing customers. I learned how to use many different applications on the PC. My upper management team was satisfactory. Also, my co-workers worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things from a new company.
Tough days and nights
Material Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis,INApril 25, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: management
work is very demanding the switch from days and nights are tough. but the days off are plenty
Multiple positions held in the company
Various (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great way to get your cdl and hazmat
Cons: oh so many...read my review
This is a very disorganized company. I worked there for many years and held various positions with them. Policies are made up as the go along. Different answers are given to problems based on what manager you are talking to. Advancement is nonexistent (unless you were fired from Safety Klean, then you shoot to the top of the ladder for promotions).

Pay was good as long as you never factor in how much you make a hour and only look at how much you made that week.

Good way to get your CDL and Hazmat though!

Just to let you know this is not a I hate them, got fired, and am writing this to get back at them. I left on my own accord after being offered a position with a company much better. I am still on HCC will hire back list.
: Participate in sales functions with various companies in the South
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Cons: long hours
. Duties include selling and servicing parts washers, parts cleaners, drum waste
management, oil collection, oil re-fining, vacuum services, and parts cleaning solvents as well as
other products/services pertaining to environmental services market. I also work with other sales
professionals and assist in upgrading existing service.
The best job I've had so far
Tanker Driver (Former Employee), Bossier City, LADecember 28, 2013
Pros: great pay, friendly bosses, easy work
The management is great, the work is easy, the money is wonderful.
n/a
Service Technician/Drum Disposal (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Being employed at Crystal Clean was a great company family environment.
Average company
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: no weekends
Cons: work on a commission rate of 4%
Work 45-50 hours a week. Hard work for minimal pay in my opinion.
Grow business, secure new account, and maintain current accounts
Sales Manager (Former Employee), USAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: pay, freedom, benefits
Cons: some upper management, make policies up as the day goes, family works to close together in the company and to much gossip with in the company
if you are with the right "click" you are golden and will never do any wrong no matter how bad you suck. You can be the top in sales in the company and someone will find a way to skrew you. Its all about what you did today, who you know and who you blow!
Proactive and interesting work environment
Compliance Associate (Former Employee), Elgin, ILFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: various projects
The typical day was filled with a new assignment everyday along with projects from previous days. I was able to properly allocate my time in order to maximize my productivity and also helped to my co-workers to complete assignments. The hardest part of this position was the time constrained deadlines involved on a daily basis. I enjoyed having everyday be interesting and filled with excitement.
Great learning experience starting up brand new unit.
RE-REFINERY OPERATIONS SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2012
Pros: ability to operate successfully with little supervision
Cons: company did not provide a pension plan
Having the opportunity to use my 25 years experience to help create the training manuals,start-up and shutdown procedures for this used oil re-refinery vacuum and hydrotreater systems was a great feeling of accomplishment.Daily planning around the final construction was enjoyable but truly a constant challenge.The most difficult part of the job was the learning curve of a warehouse transforming to the rigors and a safety adjustments of becoming a oil processing refinery.Management was very supportive of our needs and made all of the tools available for all of us to succeed.
Ft Lauderdale super is a tyrant....and very disrespectful
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2012
Pros: not hard to succeed
Cons: pressure for sales in service based business, competition has better prices
Great place to work, company o.k., my immediate supervisor Ft.Lauderdale, FL..Not a nice person and very disrespectful, will throw you under the bus to save own self.