Heritage Crystal Clean Employee Reviews

hard work
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ohioJune 27, 2017
manager will throw you under the bus without a second thought, my co worker that worked there for five plus years said: this is not a job where at the end of the day you leave happy in a good mood...
Pros
some days are better than others
Cons
very physical and toxic job
Lack of resources
Operations Supervisor/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INJune 26, 2017
The company is primarily sales based and can not speak accurately about that portion of the company. The Indianapolis ReRefinery suffers from a lack of resources. The site is held to the same standards as a normal refinery however does not have the manning in the operations and supervision that those other facilities have. To compound the issues the unit is shut down far more frequently then a normal refinery further stressing the available manpower. The Refinery was built with little forethought that is multiple valves and isolation points that should have been installed during original construction were not adding to the cost and complexity of the shutdowns.

The operations management team does care for their employees and does what they can to develop their operators but there is little room for advancement. The pay is decent for the area however for similar work in a refinery for a major company the salary is 50% more. This can lead to a high turnover.
Pros
Generous with company lunches
Cons
Long hours and seems all recognition goes to the sales department
traveling very much required in this company
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 14, 2016
set jobs up where sales reps. would locate them . the hardest part of the job was being away from home. Coworkers were very helpful and courteous.
no fun
route sales representative (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 20, 2016
ii was a route sales services very long ours from 6 am to 8 pm must of the time, yes you can make 1000 pay check with 70 our weekly and must have class B with 2 endorsement
Pros
good pay check
Cons
long ours
Sales & Service
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIMarch 21, 2016
Duties to include: Sales and Service of solvent and water based parts washers. Built and sustained good business relationships, became familiar with tools and machines stocked in company's tool crib’s to achieve top level sales.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monee, IlMarch 10, 2016
Tough business environment do to commodity aspect of primary lines of business. Many challenges operationally. Extremely challenging selling environment. Still managed in increase new business revenues by 21% over previous year within my territories.
Pros
Outstanding HR department, Great Regional Manager in the Chicago area
Cons
Morale is difficult to raise due to uncertainties in the market.
long ago
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Was a starter career. It was fun and exciting while I was there but I moved on.

The auto industry has always treated me well.
Co workers were great
ESP Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILDecember 13, 2015
Co workers were a fun bunch to work with. Management lacked providing motivation, challenging. I had to invent things to keep myself busy
Hard working atmosphere
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Ran work orders for customers
I learned to work efficient and safely
My co-workers were like family
The hardest part was lifting and rolling 800 lb drums onto and off the flatbed truck
I enjoyed most about the job was working at a pace that kept me busy all day
Operating and maintaining loadind and unloading used oil
Bulk Movements (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 29, 2015
3years experience of operating and maintaining loading and unloading used oil.
The hardest part of the job was when opened ammonia drum.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when loading and unloaded used oil into rail car.
Pros
Monthly bonus
Toilet Alert
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJune 16, 2015
Do yourself a favor and let my experience with these snakes be your learning tool.
These people are good at three things:
• Patting themselves on the back
• Brushing people off
• Raping the customer
They don’t have much clientele because of their smash and grab mindset so they try to offset that by annually raising prices of products and services. I can’t emphasize enough how they love to ripping people off and expect you to have the same mindset. They usually get their way by using brute force, take it or leave it. They love to switch rules around to their benefit at the drop of a hat and let you know right away that you don’t have a choice in the matter.
Rather than alerting a customer about changes in pricing through email or certified letter, they will make changes to a client’s contract or agreements without notice and make the driver put the client on the spot regarding collection charges, which is uncomfortable for both driver and client. They don’t celebrate a new sale for what they provided, rather, they celebrate how much they got away with. The managers at this company are pre-programmed to extract money any means necessary.
They love to rationalize any faulty regulations and smatter everything with their version of professional vernacular, which is pitiful. They use Buzz words like “discounts” and “premium service” but practice neither. No compromise what so ever! The lousiest business ethics I’ve ever witnessed.
This is the first company I’ve ever worked for that constantly had errors on my paycheck. Shorted me on hours a number of times, which forced me
  more... to make copies of my time sheet every week. There were some account s with other employees, where they didn’t get a pay check for a couple of weeks.
A branch manager at this company only needs a “high school diploma” and one year experience to run a branch and tell people what to do. Anywhere else in the business world, you need ten years exp. and a collage degree in that related field.
Pros
Wish I had one
Cons
That list is way too long...
Heritage-Crystal Clean
Oil Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2015
HCC is a great growing environmental service company. I did enjoy my time there, and the company always kept me busy. Though when the oil market crashed recently is was harder, and harder to really earn a good living due to the changing market conditions.
Not a bad place to work
Oil Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
They have good benefits and salary. Every day is different. It is challenging.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ElginOctober 20, 2014
There is always work to do. The branches send their work in through out the week, keeping us busy. The only overwhelming time is when we close at the end of each month.
Pros
Great healthcare
Cons
Short lunch, only 30 min
very interresting
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 2, 2014
was very interesting I loved my job. I was over 12 people managing a Branch . Waste removal and sale of new chemicals to auto repair and industrial facility's
Pros
keeped me very busy and challenging
Cons
14 to 16 hour days
Productive and enjoyable environment
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILMay 17, 2014
My day to day activities included mainly billing customers. I learned how to use many different applications on the PC. My upper management team was satisfactory. Also, my co-workers worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things from a new company.
Pros
Free company lunches
Cons
Workload
Tough days and nights
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis,INApril 25, 2014
work is very demanding the switch from days and nights are tough. but the days off are plenty
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
management
Multiple positions held in the company
Various (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2014
This is a very disorganized company. I worked there for many years and held various positions with them. Policies are made up as the go along. Different answers are given to problems based on what manager you are talking to. Advancement is nonexistent (unless you were fired from Safety Klean, then you shoot to the top of the ladder for promotions).

Pay was good as long as you never factor in how much you make a hour and only look at how much you made that week.

Good way to get your CDL and Hazmat though!

Just to let you know this is not a I hate them, got fired, and am writing this to get back at them. I left on my own accord after being offered a position with a company much better. I am still on HCC will hire back list.
Pros
Great way to get your CDL and HAZMAT
Cons
oh so many...read my review
: Participate in sales functions with various companies in the South
Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXJanuary 5, 2014
. Duties include selling and servicing parts washers, parts cleaners, drum waste
management, oil collection, oil re-fining, vacuum services, and parts cleaning solvents as well as
other products/services pertaining to environmental services market. I also work with other sales
professionals and assist in upgrading existing service.
Cons
The best job I've had so far
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 28, 2013
The management is great, the work is easy, the money is wonderful.
Pros
Great pay, friendly bosses, easy work