Heritage Health Care Center Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent professional, caring environment
consultant (Current Employee) –  utica, nyFebruary 13, 2016
I work here frequently as a consultant, and am always pleased when I see assignment here come up on my agenda. I would gladly relocate here if I didn't have two teenagers; once my son graduates, I will consider it seriously. Any local talent who are considering working for Heritage healthcare, please don't let the historical reputation of the past administrations and nursing leadership sway you; this is a bright new day for Heritage.
unfavorable experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 21, 2016
Not a good experience. I was underpaid in comparison to other Healthcare facilities. Very under appreciated as a professional and zero chance for pay raise. Atmosphere was not at all a healthy place to work. Steer clear.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
undercompensated
residents were very nice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 30, 2015
Some what safe environment for the workers and residents .i loved who i worked with for the most part.But i have learned you have to stand your ground and say something when something is not right.
Working part time only
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 17, 2014
A very diverse job with many challenges that make it interesting and a learning experience. The individuals were able to care for themselves, or up to total care. It was hot in the summer and cold in the winter, due to an old building. There was a shortage of staff and no permanent staff on the unit I worked on. Inservice was poor- I had 3 days training before being on my own. The first day was someone who floated and couldn't answer the unit questions I had, the second day was a agency nurse who had never been there before, and the third day was the nurse I would work opposite of- he couldn't answer my questions due to limited understanding of the English language, or didn't know the answers
Pros
a good learning experience
Cons
shortage of permanent staff
nice place to work
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  utica,nyNovember 4, 2012
resident's very friendly ;easy to get along with staff, learned alot on care of resident's and on customer care of clients.needs alot of improvement on management as they dont get along with the staff to well.The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with the other staff from different parts of facility.I really enjoyed working woth the elderly clients they were fun to talk to.
Pros
friendly staff;residents
Cons
no lunches;short breaks or no breaks, poor managament
The atmosphere was that of a family with co-workers and residents.
Staff nurse/charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZOctober 31, 2012
I often would teach 4-8 hours a day, and otherwise I was upgrading teaching material, gathering information on infection control, assisting the floor nurses with IVs, blood draws and so forth. I got to know some residents very well, bacause they were there for years and that was very rewarding. I got along well with my management and felt I could talk to them whenever necessary. For the most part, we have long-term, dedicated staff and all respect each other and the importance of each others' jobs. The hardest part of the job was sometimes not having enough time to update classes and get reports ready for monthly meetings due to cuts in hours of work depending on number of patients that day or week. I loved the residents and getting to know them and working somewhere long enough to really have good relationships with co-workers.
Pros
working for a company with good business ethics.
Cons
working for a company that burdened us with redundant paperwork, and regulations above and beyond what the state and federal government requires.
enjoy my co-workers and residents
Physical Therapist Assistant, Network Rehab (Former Employee) –  rehab departmentOctober 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the staff and residents.
Wonderful
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 11, 2014
I received my certification from Heritage. This was the best job a CNA could possibly have been given the opportunity to have. Very great people and environment.
Loved the people I worked with
RN/ Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 17, 2013
The staff and resident made it a great place! It is a beautiful facility and has a lot of potential.
great administrator
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 25, 2013
Good administrator to work for, lots of activities, long term employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Health Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Heritage Health Care Center Reviews by Location