HERITAGE HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews in United States

Poor benefits, negligable pay increases, financial crisis
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 27, 2016
I worked for this company for a year and a half at their corporate location. This company has an extremely high turn over rate, major financial issues and lack of good leadership from the top man down. Employees were constantly being asked to perform other jobs as a cost saving measure and roles were constantly changing.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
poor benefits, no paid vacation the first year, high turn over
Many employees that are students
Dietary aide, laundry, housekeeping and volunteer (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZApril 8, 2016
Fun place to be employed at although it gets a little hectic at times. it was sad to see all the elderly not being able to care for themselves but later understood that we as the employees were there hand, feet and eyes.
Pros
off campus lunch and flexible schedule
Cons
bad management
Great, knowledgeable co-workers
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 5, 2016
Challenging, rewarding workplace. Great opportunities for learning. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with residents and their families and patient/family teaching.
intimate and small nursing home
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 24, 2016
intimate friendly atmosphere. sometimes the employees are too involved in each others personal life.professionalism suffers on occasion.
Pros
bonuses, and holiday gifts
Cons
401 k not accessible until 3 yrs after separation
Ok place to work.
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 1, 2015
Hours vary and it is difficult to make plans. Hardest part is getting patients motivated. Co-workers willing to help and work together. Can be difficult to be productive due to multiple distractions and other duties.
Pros
Benefits decent
Cons
Difficult to plan any outside activity as day planned is not day given. Changes made overnight, have to be very flexible.
very productive hard work .
Receptionist/Secretary administrator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 9, 2015
a typical day at work is stressful very productive front desk staff stays on top of the patient and are experts in providing the customer care/service the patient needs .
Cons
no overtime over worked.
fun workplace
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 30, 2015
this job I would have no comments at this time due my experience that I had while I worked for this company this job was not fulfilling to my needs or my work ethnics
Very professional
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 25, 2015
My typical day was inputting data into the mainframe surrounding clients information & medication. I learned many medical terms along with their meanings. I also learned the montly MARS & TARS at the end of each month. My co-workers was extremely friendly and helpful, polite and showed respect in the position I held. The hardest part of my job was pulling myself away at the end of the day. I absolutely loved everything about my position and the individuals I worked with.
Pros
Walking into the establishment seeing friendly faces
Cons
N/A
Okay place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2015
A typical day at work is clock in and get report on your patients for the day. Make sure all your patients are accounted for and get them ready for whatever activity is coming up. I make sure everyone is clean and check to see if the patients need anything at that time. Patients get care in adl's and what ever other care needed. I have fun, listen, and care for the clients when needed. The co workers are nice and good to with. The hardest part of the job is the lifting part and it wears on my body sometimes. The most important part of the job is helping the residents, family members, and co workers to ensure safety and quality of life.
One of the best places to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gillespie, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Caring and family oriented with great team work. DON very knowledgeable and fair, goes above and beyond for staff. Makes residents needs a priority.
I was not with the company long
CNA (Former Employee) –  Nephi, UTAugust 31, 2015
While with the company I enjoyed seeing and working with my residents very mush. I was able to connect with many of them and bring joy to them through music, singing, and stories. I feel it was a very rewarding experience and the staff was wonderful
Profession employees that love and care for the residents
LPN (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 27, 2015
I love my job and my supervisors are very good people to work for. The residents receive excellent care. They have an excellent activity department that provide fun activities and entertainment for the residents.
fun work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 18, 2015
the part i enjoyed most was the over time,. the line of commuinication was always open. My co workers were very helpful and coopertive
Pros
plenty of over time
Cons
heavy work load
Rehab employee
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 19, 2015
Rehab Director is first-rate. Co-workers collaborate very well with patient care.
Job security is excellent due to geographical location and difficulty acquiring new rehab staff.
Patient care on the floor has the same problem as every SNF: CNA's are understaffed, under-trained, and underpaid, considering that they have the most time spent with direct patient care. Some are excellent, others are doing it because it's better money than minimum wage with a very short training period.
Pros
Good facility. Company appears to value patients, not just profit.
Cons
1-year wait for vacation days available.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2015
triage patients, taking vitals, drawing blood, making appointments, collecting specimens, scanning documents, helping other patients with questions
Was nice to work there, nice people
Office (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Found supervisor manager was not fair
Manager seemed to be threaten by certain people and would ride them hard and make things difficult for them.
Pros
nice place, nice people
Cons
management was not fair with other employees
Home like facility
Dialysis Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pana, ILDecember 14, 2014
The facility was like being at home. The staff was very friendly and treated the residents and their families like their own. Enjoyed working there very much.
Love working for this company
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHOctober 2, 2014
This is a very good company to work for. Everyone is super nice to work with and you feel appreciated. Management is very flexible with schedules so it makes a wonderful place to work for if you have children. My only disappointment was when they handed out pay DECREASES company wide!
Very welcoming place to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZJuly 25, 2014
It was a very fun place to work for, Everyone is so friendly. Especially the residents. I made alot of relationships with employes and residents. great place to work for.
Pros
they always have activites and alot of incentives.
Cons
there really wasnt any cons for me.
The hardest part of my job.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 24, 2014
Being a CNA is a wonderful beginning to becoming a nurse for me. I love working in different surrounding and meeting new patients and new employees. I have always loved working in nursing homes or long term care facilities, its my favorite setting. Working with long term patients you also grow to become very close with family members as well as the patients. The hardest part of my job is building a relationship with my patients and they pass away. I have learned how to deal with patients passing away since I have been around it for over five years. I've learned how to cope with patient passing in my own way. I sometimes take a little time to myself by taking a break while I'm at work or maybe just taking a day off. I've learned with patients family reaching out to them and just saying sorry for your lost helps the family that knew you well. Just a nice letter or a card can help support the family feelings through a tough time and I always feel better about myself when done so. There are a lot of things that makes my job harder at times but the more experience I have the more I learn how to handle different situations. I love working in long term care facilities as a CNA and not even a little hard challenge from time to time would stop me from giving one hundred percent.
Thanks.