HERITAGE HEALTH Employee Reviews

Wonderful opportunity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILFebruary 24, 2017
This environment was well organized and the company made sure that the patients were the number one priority. The patients were wonderful to work with and I was able to grow into my role as a nursing assistant.
productive, busy, and fun days
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 21, 2017
I like my job working at heritage health as a prep cook. my manager is great and the residents are the best. I like to keep myself busy and i can always find something to do. this is another reason why I like my job so much. The only downside about my job is, it can be hard to work together as a team.
Pros
overtime, Christmas parties, and 15 minute paid breaks
Cons
cant work together as a team sometimes, other staff can be rude
Easy going work environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 11, 2017
I love working for Heritage. When I need my shift covered, there is always helping hands. The management is hands on and always willing to step in to help when needed.
Pros
Well staffed (friendly), Good pay.
Poor management
Floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 13, 2016
Favoritism, poor staffing, low moral unless your " a DON favorite " wouldn't place my love one there under any circumstances
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
Very poorly managed / very unprofessional supervisors
Busy, short handed
CMA (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 11, 2016
They care about the patients and provide health care at an affordable rate, they go the extra mile, sometimes literally with their mobil clinic to meet the needs of the community including the homeless population.
Pros
Affordable Health care
Cons
Lack of communication
great caring staff to work with
LPN (Current Employee) –  Streator, ILOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy working with my co workers and know that we are there because we all care about our patients and residents. The management ensures that the work is done. It is a busy place but well worth all the hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients come for rehab and work hard, then go home because of their hard work.
Wonderful place
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mount Zion, ILOctober 10, 2016
I loved working there for the two and a half years I worked. There. I decided to work there because of my need to help others. The staff was great and the residents were special to me.
Provides healthcare for all
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 1, 2016
Very skilled healthcare providers. Positive working environment with professional demeanor. Quality benefit package.
It was a very fast paced environment with constant admissions and discharges
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 30, 2016
There was never a typical day at work. Things changed constantly. We worked with skilled care and long term care. We could discharge 5 and turn around and admit 7. Patience is what I learned. I worked a lot with the dementia patients and behavior patients. What is normal for me is definitely not normal for my patients. You have to learn that not only is tone of voice, loudness of voice but body language is also something that they key into. You need to get on their level and communicate with them and you definitely cannot be in a rush to do it. I was in management so the hardest part of my job was with staffing. The most enjoyable part was when I worked on the floor and interacted with the patients.
Pros
The great team I worked with
Cons
being on call all the time
Great place to work, the elderly residents make work a fun place to be
Meal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pana, ILAugust 25, 2016
Working at Heritage Health makes work not seem like "work" its more of a fun place to help the residents with things such as just getting them a snack when their hungry, or helping them choose they outfit for the day, helping them to the dinning rooms to eat. The residents make a day at work fun and makes you feel good just knowing that you've helped make their day better. Co-workers are all just hardworking and often work together to help residents, normally everyone has a good attitude. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and you're doing the job of what would normally be three people doing. The most enjoyable part of working in the nursing home is just making a residents day by helping them with the little things.
Pros
Earning raises each year you work there
Cons
Being short staffed

Want to know more about HERITAGE HEALTH?

Ask a question
Great Job!
Management (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 15, 2016
This company is really looking out for employees and the patients. They are growing at a very fast pace so there are some growing pains, but the opportunities available and people are amazing. I would highly recommend working here and I can't wait to see where we all are in 5 years!
Pros
Growth, opportunity, people
Cons
Change is hard for some and there is a lot due to growth
Not for the honest individual
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Carlinville, ILJuly 18, 2016
I worked there for several years. I started out as dishwasher but moved to dietary aidcwhen the eliminated that position. The first manager I had was rail roaded out of a job. They first moved her to manager of another department then they hired another manager for that department and demoted her to an assistant of the department causing her to leave. The new dietary manager was OK, at first she said that we would all help each other, that didn't last long. Eventually everything was dumped on me that had to do with the dining room I helped serve in. The more residents we got the more things I would have to do. We started getting alot of drinks that had to be made to special specifications before we served the evening meal. It got to the point where I would come in half an hour early and work off the clock so that I could get those drinks done so that I would get a break. I figured this way it all evened out, i would be ready to serve the meal on time and still get a break. Eventually a fellow employee complained so the boss changed it so that I couldn't come in early anymore. That meant I had to skip my breaks and say that I got one on the new time clock so that I wouldn't get into trouble. My point being I don't smoke the only break I ever took was a lunch break and I was expected to skip my break.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Departments don't want to help each other.
This was a hard company to work for.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 13, 2016
This job was very difficult to work for I believe that it was due to poor management. It was not well supervised and full of drama.
Great group of girls!
Resident care (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILJune 29, 2016
Provided care to residents. Assisted with ADL's. Assisted to various appointments. Provided support to families. Tough job but I loved the people.
High turnover and unwilling to change.
Heritage Health (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 27, 2016
I worked as a Janitor for the cda,id Heritage health. M.A and Doctors are great to work with. Management and administration are a joke they spend more time in meetings then actually working. My department was a mess overworked and underpaid. Money is squandered like no one's business, but it's all on tax payer money so no worries it's all coming out of our pockets.

The pay scale is tipped in favor of administration and managers and the gap is huge. So much for nonprofit!!

Now the good, hours were good. Full time schedule, paid time off and the staff and patients were always a joy to be around.
Pros
Pto, hrs
Cons
Bad mangment, over work you and undercompensate you.
Great relationships built at work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILJune 5, 2016
I enjoyed my manager, she was very nice and someone I could talk to. I also enjoyed the residents and spending my holidays with people who had no families.
not recommended
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  post falls idahoMay 25, 2016
terrible place to work. They are more focused on getting patients in and out of the office rather then patient care, which should be number one. Lack of management skills and communication. lack of knowledge by admin and management of what is taking place in the field.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of managment ownership and communication.
PRN (Current Employee) –  Paxton, ILApril 20, 2016
Good place to work. Team work among the team members. Residents are happy. They take school in consideration with scheduling to work.
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILMarch 24, 2016
Good high school job. Loved working with the residents, but coworkers made the job not enjoyable.
I learned a lot about senior care and how to interact with sensitive and grieving families.
A friendly work environment
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy fast paced work were I can push myself to be my best. Working alone or with others I enjoy the challenge of seeing what I can learn and apply to my job. Not sure what the hardest part was of any job I've held. The best part is knowing i have done a good job met all deadlines set. And may have raised the bar of quality and take pride in what we have accomplished.
Pros
Company lunches for a job done well, Free company apparel, hours earned off
Cons
short breaks, negative chatter towards me, others, or company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERITAGE HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9