HERITAGE HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILMarch 24, 2016
Good high school job. Loved working with the residents, but coworkers made the job not enjoyable.
I learned a lot about senior care and how to interact with sensitive and grieving families.
A friendly work environment
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoy fast paced work were I can push myself to be my best. Working alone or with others I enjoy the challenge of seeing what I can learn and apply to my job. Not sure what the hardest part was of any job I've held. The best part is knowing i have done a good job met all deadlines set. And may have raised the bar of quality and take pride in what we have accomplished.
Pros
Company lunches for a job done well, Free company apparel, hours earned off
Cons
short breaks, negative chatter towards me, others, or company
A day at Heritage Health
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Minonk, ILJanuary 16, 2016
I would start my day off by going up on the floor looking to see what was needed up there then go downstairs sort clothes and start a load while that was going I would get what was need upstairs up there. I would pass clothes out. Sort and fold clothes. I loved everything about this job. I learned time management, I learned what to do and how to get it done before the driers got done, this was the hardest part of the job. I didn't work with anyone in the laundry dept I was by myself, but I got along with the nurses and CNA's. The management was great worked with me anytime I needed it.
Pros
PTO time, lunch breaks
Cons
NONE
great patient care, healthcare from the heart
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDDecember 28, 2015
I love working at Heritage Health. I have a close relationship with my amazing provider. We have done vaccine drives and events for free sports physicals for all. I am only seeking different employment because unexpected events have forced me to move to Spokane, and I can't afford to travel so far for work at the rate of pay I am currently earning.
Pros
great staff, good support
Cons
slow paced at times
No security
ST (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALOctober 19, 2015
This company just transferred all staff to another company without notice leaving us without healthcare. Several of out co-workers were pregnant and are not qualifying for their short term disability benefits they paid for. The company had the gall to say that the change was last minute; however, this was very difficult to believe as the change was effective at the start of the financial year.
enjoyable environment
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Zion, ILOctober 2, 2015
Assisting the elderly with daily living. I learned to be patient and caring. U can talk to mangement about anything, I enjoy working with others. The hardest part of my job is death. What I enjoy most is conversing with the elderly. Learning things from them.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Working long hours
Okay place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CDAAugust 17, 2015
I was hired right out of school. The training was not good. I was given a check off sheet that was never looked at. I asked several times how I was doing, if I was improving and I could never get upper management to give me the time of day. They were always too busy to sit down and tell me what I needed to work on, so when my 90 days came around, and I didn't fit into their mold, they let me go.

Their reasoning was "it wasn't a good fit".

After I left, several of the providers could not believe that I was let go. They thought I was awesome and would do what I needed to to get the job done.

I loved working with the other MAs. Great providers etc, but upper management sucked.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks etc lunch. No support from upper managment.
Was a wonderful work experience
Laundry/ Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chilicothe ILAugust 15, 2015
Working at Heritage Health was amazing. I am so happy I am on PRN so then when I go home I can work. I learned how to do basic house cleaning and to manage time to work effectively. Management was good and so were the employees.
Pros
The residents
Cons
the food there
productive
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 28, 2015
each day was a daily task that was like my own home and working with co workers was fantastic and watching families interact with love ones made the day even better
Awesome
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDApril 27, 2015
Great place to work. Very friendly staff. I love their desire to help people who are low income get the health care that they need.
Has some benefits, but work here at your own risk
Housekeeping/Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 15, 2015
Worked for this company for a little over 2 years, and I still cannot believe I survived there as long as I did. While the benefits of health insurance, holiday pay, and weekend pay are decent, this company still has more cons than pros in my opinion. The residents are a pro, but the work environment is a major con! The turnover rate among hourly employees in nearly all areas is astronomical. Areas with the highest rates of turnover are Activities, Dietary, and Housekeeping/Laundry. Administrators and managers have their favorites among employees. If they don't like you for whatever reason, they will want to document you in a heartbeat for some petty thing that could have been dealt with in another manner. It is also very female-dominated, and a lot of the women do not like men mostly because they have been in bad relationships. You could be the most reliable employee and never call off, and they would still want to document or get rid of you for being "too slow", "disorganized", or "gossiping too much." Meanwhile, their favorites are calling off every other day, gossiping about you, and doing much worse things and getting away with it. It all depends on who runs a department and who is tight with an administrator. If you like working with the elderly and want to take a shot at a place like Heritage Health, more power to you. But start job hunting again if you feel you are being treated unfairly, like you are headed for the chopping block, or are just unhappy is my advice!
Pros
health insurance, holiday pay, weekend pay, every other weekend off for most employees
Cons
only 10 minute breaks, early start times may interfere with sleep patterns, arrogant and hostile work environment, favoritism, gossiping, tattling, and very high employee turnover
Great experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 30, 2014
I was in charge of food prep and serving the customers.
It was a high stress job because of the responsibilities but it taught me to work very hard.

The best part was talking to our customers
The hardest part was working holidays and being away form family.
Pros
raises and bonuses.
Cons
holiday work
Great place for the patients, not so good for employees
MA/CSR/Call Center Rep/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  1090 W Park Place, Coeur d alene ID 83814December 9, 2014
Working on the phones and greeting patients, doing medicaid and other insurance verifications.

I learned alot about insurance verifications, customer service and the need in our community for affordable health care.

Management made you feel like you were easy to replace. Most are not approachable.

My co-workers were great. They are what made it worth going to work.

Being let go. The job it's self was not hard because I had alot of experince to offer.

Working with patients and co-workers. It was good to go home at the end of the day and feel like you helped out someone in need. I loved being part of a team that works with the community.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no one to go to when you had a problem
Taking care of the elderly
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillespie, ILNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at work working with the elderly depends which shift a person works. There is days,afternoons and midnights. I have worked all three shifts in the years I have worked at Heritage Manor. I can say I started early and worked late. I learned to be patient and more respectful of my elders. The management and I got along well. I rarely called off and I worked other shifts when needed. My co-workers and I got along to help take care of the residents. When I needed help with a resident a co-worker was there to help. My hardest part of the job was to watch a resident pass away, hear of a resident fall and tear their skin, and I not be fast enough to take care of each patient how I thought they should be taken care of. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the residents do some of their tasks on their own and knowing I was helping someone's family member to their fullest potential.
Pros
my first real job out of high school
Cons
i did not work as long as i thought i would
Educational
LPN Staff (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILOctober 14, 2014
While I learn many things on a daily basis, I find that management does not respect the staff nurses. The nursing qualities that myself and co-workers possess are constantly questioned by upper management.
Pros
close to home
Cons
work schedule does not balance with jome and children.
Fullfiling Work PLace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 19, 2014
A typical work day for me starts by waking the residents up every morning at 6am. Getting them dress, bathed, breakfast, vitals, weights, and a smile! Between breakfast and lunch I help take them to the restroom, get snacks, fluids, talk to the nurse if they're not feeling well and I also take them to the activities, beauty appointments or therapy. My co-workers are very helpful we are all a team, which I love! I don't mind being friends outside the work place but when at work, work comes first! The hardest part about my job is seeing a resident not doing so well, no matter how hard you try God just has a different plan. The best part of my day is that no matter what's going on I still put a smile on my face a share a laugh. Every resident is different, so you have a different relationship with that person that no one else can understand!
Pros
friendships with residents!
Cons
seeing residents upset.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILAugust 21, 2014
My typical day would start with report from the nurse. I would help the residents with walking, or with whatever assistance they needed. I got them dressed and cleaned up for supper. I performed HS care and helped the residents to bed.
Workplace stressful but rewarding
CNA (Former Employee) –  Gibson City, ILJuly 1, 2014
Typical day of work consists of assisting residents in their daily activities, and helping nursing staff record physical and mental reports. Learned that the shifts function as well as the supervising staff allowed it to function. Favoritism, and lack of teamwork would break down the care of not only the residents but the staff, and create more stress then necessary for the entire shift. If the shift was working together as a team the day or night would go smoothly, and even allow the next shift to come in and have a good day or night. The hardest thing about the job was to separate work from personal life. The most enjoyable thing about the job was being able to help another person and make their quality of life better. This included not only the residents, but the staff members as well.
Cons
low staffing, low moral, favoritism, work place harrassment
Warm, friendly enviroment
Community Outreach Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJune 25, 2014
I was able to interact and help people on a daily basis. The effect this company has on our local community is priceless. Heritage Health provides quality care to people in need regardless of their ability to pay.
Loving team of workers trying to make the best environment possible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILMay 27, 2014
I would go into work and get my showers done first, pass snacks, toilet whoever needs it, walk residents to dinner, feed, bring the residents back to their hall, get all residents toileted, clean face,hands, and teeth, and lay residents down for bed. I have learned from Heritage that to make things work team effort is essential. Most of the co-workers were very nice. The hardest part of the job would be when everyone on my hall would want something at once and I would get swarmed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the feeling when I knew that these people are safe and healthy because of me.