Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) Employee Reviews

Na
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 30, 2017
Overall heritage was a good place to work. Great work environment. Great people great residents. Just didn't agree with taking a pay cut. When dropped from full time to part time.
good people
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Rutherfordton, NCSeptember 27, 2017
I work PRN so I am not there often enough to judge but the staff is friendly and the place is clean. The employees seem to like the benefits and perks the company affords them
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough need
Productive fair work place
Tray Aide (Former Employee) –  Streator, ILJune 19, 2017
Loved working there and the people I worked with, am very well with getting along with others, loved showing up to work and helping out the best I could
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
CNA work is difficult
Restorative Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAApril 21, 2017
The facility is understaffed, and poor attitudes of nurses. Love the residence but feel sorry for them. I never witnessed poor treatment of residence however, definitely needs more staff,
Busy work and making friends.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaFayette, GAMarch 14, 2017
Heritage Healthcare is a good place to work. Busy work and making friends. You must come up with your own schedule. People have particular needs. Other workers willing to help. The hardest part of the job was watching people die. I saw 3 deaths. The funnest part of the job is being invited to birthday parties. One person turned 103. The management was generally good. The supervisor was understanding.
Pros
Extra leftover food.
Cons
3rd shift.
Fun and family oriented
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 13, 2017
It was a very safe and fun workplace to be. I felt like I was a part of a team. Management was very friendly and understanding. If given the opportunity I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Tough patients
Compensation Lacks
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Heritage is a good place to begin a career. Compensation is on the lower side for such a huge organization and in comparison to other organizations of similar size and reputation. Patient care comes first while employee satisfaction suffers. Many of their medical offices are severely understaffed, overworked, and underpaid which makes quality patient care suffer at times.
Pros
Insurance benefits
Cons
Poor management, blatant favoritism
Heritage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 7, 2017
I would not advice anyone send there family here!!!!! The Management sucks & they are not understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
You can get hours.
Cons
They do not appreciate you !
Indeed has been very helpful in all aspects of what I needed thank you
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 11, 2017
It has been a very good 5 years working at my job. I've met alot of new people over those years, nd have gotten close with alot of residents. I have a great boss who has helped me learn alot over this last 5 yrs, but it's time for me to move on to a bigger opportunity, and I am hoping that St Luke's would give me that chance to expand my experiences in dietary responsibilities.
Pros
I've met alot of great people, and learned quite alot at my job
Cons
To many budget cuts, so alot of positions were taking out of dietary
Defintiely Fun Workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 7, 2016
I Enjoyed My Time At Heritage Healthcare. A Typical Day for me was 3-8 i learned how to be a server and how important the job is i enjoy most of my coworkers and the job itself was fun.
Not an ideal place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2016
At first it was nice but now there is never enough CNAs to work the floor. We have staffing issue and this place do not care about our well being. They do have decent pay though.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short Staffed, No Wipes, Not enough linen, Regular Paid Holidays, No Bonuses, Rude Staff
Loving my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 2, 2016
Getting Residents up and bath and feed them. Also combing their hair. Taking great care of people. The management was great. Some of my co-workers was very nice. Leaving going home and worry about my Residents. Taking good care of people
Pros
Taking care of people
Cons
family member sometimes are too busy for their family member
Company with High Integrity
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2016
I have been working for this company for a few years now. This organization is different from all of the companies that I worked for in the past. Patients always come first. It is inspiring to be part of an organization who is true to their mission and values.

The work environment is very pleasant and positive. I've been surrounded by hard working, positive people. They are one of the best in the industry, and are also the kindest. They have become family.

Management is very approachable and accessible for employees to reach out to. I don't know about the C-level executives though. I rarely get a chance to interact with them.

Opportunities for advancement is abundant. The organization is continuously growing and fosters growth within. In fact, they have education and tuition fee reimbursement program for employees to help with their schooling.

Benefit package is pretty generous. They offer Medical, Dental, Vision, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, legal plans, PTO, discounted movie tickets, gym membership discount, etc.

The organization is non-profit. However, they are more than competitive with the market when it comes to compensation. However, keep in mind that people who are successful in this organization are the ones who are not driven by money, but driven by genuine ownership of their responsibilities.

I love working here.
Pros
very positive work experience
Cons
disconnect from C-level executives
Heritage Home Health
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 6, 2015
Taking care of different people with specials needs according to their health. Was different every day because they would send me to different clients homes.
Simple and to the point
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gifford, ILAugust 6, 2015
It was a laid back environment and easy to get work done and the people had good attitudes for the most part.. I loved the people I helped and all the residents
Pros
Friends, fun at times, insentives
Cons
Under staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Healthcare (SJHH). Our community is ready to answer.

Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) Reviews by Location