HERITAGE HEALTHCARE

HERITAGE HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Busy, busy, busy!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, Tn.May 9, 2015
Pros: Job security, due to high patient numbers.
Cons: Too many things to do, in too little time.
Very productive, but sometimes too hectic @ the facility I currently work. Although I've never had great difficulty with time-management, I've learned even better skills in this area & brushed up on skills that had not been used in awhile.Management is good, but my manager is pulled in too many directions. My co-workers are great therapists & several are a great joy & fun to be around, though not enough time to get to know them, as I would like to get to know them better. The hardest part of the job is the case-load, which is too heavy for the services I would like to provide & I feel , on some days, like I'm running an assembly line of patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers & some of the patients, joking around, as we work.
Great Patients
Work experience (Former Employee), Summerton, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: drive too far.
Really enjoyed my experience with working with some great patients. The drive from my house was just too far, so i had to say good-bye.
I enjoyed my coworkers but not the company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fair productivity standards, benefits
Cons: Pay cuts, no support, no advancement
They offered me a certain amount of money. A week after I started, they cut everyone's pay in the department 5%. Which put me well below average pay for a therapist. Two years later no pay raises. I only stayed because my direct manager was great. The company stated they needed to make cuts due to budgeting. However, they had enough money to buy out HealthPro. This shows me that employees aren't a priority. They did give reasonable standards for productivity. Upper management was never around for support. Which had high turnover. When they did come it was due to a complaint. As a thank you for working for Heritage they gave a small tin of cookies for 22 therapist. No joke. Benefits are reasonable. I never felt I was working for Heritage but for the building I was contracted at.
Wonderful Experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 17, 2015
It was a good job and atmosphere. The employees work well with each other and I enjoyed the team collaboration. I will miss the environment.
It was a good place to work
Collections/Billing Specialist/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 1, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed my job
Cons: I took pride in my job
billing/collection for Presbyterian, United HealthCare and Blue Cross Blue Shield. I also did high volume of cash posting. I enjoyed my co-workers, Management did acknowledge employees and their success. The hardest part of the job was explaining to Management all the different details of each payer.
Good pay/benefits and good employee treatment
Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Athens, GAMarch 4, 2015
Overall good company to work for. Excellent pay and benefits. Always had enough employees to cover shifts, never short-handed.

But had management turnover.
PRODUCTIVE
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 25, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WAS MAKING SURE ALL COMMON AREAS WERE CLEAN AT ALL TIMES AND ALL TRASH REMOVED FROM PATIENTS ROOM MAKING SURE TO WEAR PROTECTOR GOWNS AND MASK.
IVE LEARNED HOW TO PROPERLY USE SOME MACHINES UNSUPERVISED.
MY CO WORKERS WERE ALWAYS FRIENDLY AND ALWAYS WORKED AS A TEAM TO MAKE SURE ALL TASK AT HAND WERE COMPLETED WITH PERFECTION .THERE REALLY WAS NO HARD PART TO THIS JOB
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS GETTING TO MEET ALL THE NEW PEOPLE INCLUDING HOSPITAL STAFF
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORK
STNA/HHA (Former Employee), Lima, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: helping the elderly generation
Cons: some don't want the help
IT IS VERY GRATIFYING WORK TO WORK WITH THE ELDERLY AND TO WORK FOR ANY HOME HEALTH AGENCY. ITS THE ELDERLY RESIDENTS THAT MAKE IT WORTH WHILE.
A dying company that doesn't seem to realize it
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Maumee, OHFebruary 5, 2015
This company is made up of some genuinely good people, however, the leadership is in over their heads. They are losing money daily and consistently. They do not have a clue on where they stand or what to do to right the ship; this in turn puts all the good people at risk. If the even exist in 3-5 years I will be surprised....
Run and run away fast
LVN (Former Employee), Mesquite TexasDecember 4, 2014
Pros: employment
Cons: too many to list
Run and run away from this one. No chance for advancement management was bad under pay rules change every week over worked under appreciated you need run away from this job they take advantage of everyone
SUPPORTIVE COMPANY
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), NORTH CAROLINANovember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible
HERITAGE IS A COMPANY THAT TREATS YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL, THEY PROVIDE OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH WITHIN THE COMPANY, THEY ARE PATIENT AND SUPPORTIVE WHEN LEARNING NEW INFORMATION. HERITAGE PROVIDES LOW COST CONTINUING EDUCATION SEMINARS TO HELP WITH COST OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
Every year they have a company picknic at a local park (fun)
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 17, 2014
Pros: there is always plenty of work
Cons: minimun job pay
Heritage is a two part company, there are those who work in the office and those that work independently with clients in their homes. I work in the home so I don't have much to do with what goes on in the office. My typical day is cleaning an caring for the elderly, or clients with disabilities. I have never had any issues, so I don't really ever talk to management. Once a year we have annual training, at that time I see other care givers who also work for Heritage, but most of the time I'm with the client. I learn new things all the time because of the clients I work with, they are elderly men and women who have lived a long life and on that they entertain me and teach me things all the time. Its very interesting what they know and what they have learned over the years. Sometimes you work with a client for a long period of time and in that time you get close to them. When they die, that is the hardest part of the job.
Clients will tell me how much they appreciate me and how good of a job I do for them, it happens all the time, and makes me feel like I did something very good that day. This is the best part of the job.
productive work day
RN nurse manager (Current Employee), Utica, NYNovember 16, 2014
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: monday through friday
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members.
fun place to work
PTA (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun place to work
Cons: case load varies
I check rug levels, make therapist schedules, attend various meeting throughout the day, work to increase case load, perform treatments.

I learned the therapy business, learning what medicare A and B, medicaid, and various private insurance and how they work.

I consult with all area managers on daily basis discussing and resolving any problems that may occur.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the results of therapy, improving a patients quality of life
great place to work
Home Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: clients and staff are great
Cons: not enough hours
the clients are great, the hours vary, and sometimes it is hard to find a client and then there are no hours.
Typical home health company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Kent, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: increased hourly wage for clients farther away
Cons: no advancement, no overtime, no vacation/sick days
Friendly office staff, always willing to talk to you and help out with issues.
floortech
floortech (Former Employee), ft oglethorpeJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: dealing with the ederly
come in get mop water ready for buffing ,clean bathrooms,kitchen area,stock paper towels in all bathrooms,buff hall ways I learned it was not my kind of place too work,management was ok and helpful,co workers were eager too help,dealing with the elderly,talking with friends
Good People, Great place to work
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 19, 2014
This is a smaller group but is a good place to work.
Smaller IT group but a knowledgeable group.
I didn't like working for people who don't care for others
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee), Blue Ridge, GAJune 18, 2014
Cons: didn't get brakes
I took care of people who couldn't take care of themselves. I learned a lot about medical. I did not like the selfish management. I loved all my co- workers. The hardest part of the job was losing someone. I enjoyed seeing the people's face's light up when they saw me..
Communication
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Painesville, OHJune 11, 2014
Communication is not too good.The people you work with is very nice.I have enjoyed my time with the company

1 2 3 4