HERITAGE HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed my coworkers but not the company
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
They offered me a certain amount of money. A week after I started, they cut everyone's pay in the department 5%. Which put me well below average pay for a therapist. Two years later no pay raises. I only stayed because my direct manager was great. The company stated they needed to make cuts due to budgeting. However, they had enough money to buy out HealthPro. This shows me that employees aren't a priority. They did give reasonable standards for productivity. Upper management was never around for support. Which had high turnover. When they did come it was due to a complaint. As a thank you for working for Heritage they gave a small tin of cookies for 22 therapist. No joke. Benefits are reasonable. I never felt I was working for Heritage but for the building I was contracted at.
Pros
Fair productivity standards, benefits
Cons
Pay cuts, no support, no advancement
not fair company to work for
caregiver and dietary (Former Employee) –  Conover, N.CSeptember 14, 2015
family is working there and they get all the overtime and raises. Love the residents and most of the staff, but didn't make enough money for the job you had to do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no raises or overtime
Great Place to work
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I just loved working at Heritage. The management is great, they are equipped with hard working individuals that comes together and work for the elderly, assisting them with comfort and love. While working in a safe enviornment, The CNA's LPN's and RN's that I've worked with were nothing but good to me and the patients, if I had a choice I'd work for them anytime.
Great employment
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 5, 2016
Manager was excellent, She was very supportive and all employees wanted to work. The HR dept was awful however. My co workers were all pleased with working for Heritage. The hardest part about my job was when our company was bought out by another company. The best part of my job was the job itself and my day to day contact with my immediate employees.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
HR dept
I feel the benefits could be better, better insurance.
CDM, CFPP (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJune 25, 2016
I have many areas that I do for my job. I visit residents, make meals, do documentation on all residents. Small home makes it feel like all residents are family.
Pros
Close to my home. Small home makes you know all residents on a personal level.
Cons
Need more respect from managment and company.
Great company to work for. The facilities I have worked at in KY have all been great.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYMay 21, 2016
I was a student PTA at a facility in KY for Heritage and after passing my board exam I quickly became an employee. I have been PRN for this company and love all of the facilities I have traveled to and the co-workers I have been placed with.
Clinical Supervisor
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinical SupervisorJune 11, 2016
• Administered Medication and changed bandages
• Transcribed Physician's orders
• Accessed Patient's vital signs
• Supervised CNAs
• Provide Leadership and supervisory abilities to nursing personal. To inservice and provide
educational sessions to nursing staff.
Productive and Great Learning Experience
CNA (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 6, 2016
At the time, working here was my first job experience in the medical field. I learn a lot and also gave me the ability to grow. I also made great friends here with the residents as well as the staff
Productive place to work
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 9, 2016
Loved working for Heritage as long as you have no questions or concerns. They will go to battle for you as their employee if needed. Management is not well seen at times.
Pros
positive, friendly, honorable
Cons
lack of management seen, various standards for each employee
smoking area for residents and employees
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 29, 2016
i work for heritage the last 5 month and i can see is a very good team work every buddy very friendly to me is where i wanna retired
Productive and fun workplace.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 5, 2016
A wonderful and fulfilling job. Managers solicit input from other managers and employees when they provide developmental feedback to their reporting staff and provide legitimate, effective feedback with examples to employees.
Pros
Wonderful staff, team players.
Cons
healthcare
challenging but fun place to work, never the same day twice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 27, 2016
make sure all floors cleaned- eating areas. trash taken out. daily laundry attended to misc. projects as needed

direct cleaning staff to designated areas to work assist in special projects, such as floor repair,walls painted etc.
Pros
good people, residence
Cons
distance to drive
Busy, busy, busy!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, Tn.May 9, 2015
Very productive, but sometimes too hectic @ the facility I currently work. Although I've never had great difficulty with time-management, I've learned even better skills in this area & brushed up on skills that had not been used in awhile.Management is good, but my manager is pulled in too many directions. My co-workers are great therapists & several are a great joy & fun to be around, though not enough time to get to know them, as I would like to get to know them better. The hardest part of the job is the case-load, which is too heavy for the services I would like to provide & I feel , on some days, like I'm running an assembly line of patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers & some of the patients, joking around, as we work.
Pros
Job security, due to high patient numbers.
Cons
Too many things to do, in too little time.
Good pay/benefits and good employee treatment
Night Shift Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMarch 4, 2015
Overall good company to work for. Excellent pay and benefits. Always had enough employees to cover shifts, never short-handed.

But had management turnover.
Shady & shaky business ethics. Consistant hush-hush fraudulant billing to Medicaid for services not provided.
CNA/HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2013
This company provides low-end quality for home healthcare. The appearance of most employees when showing up to a clients home is sloppy & unprofessional. Heritage advertises transportation services to their clients but will automatically obligate the useage of a caregivers own personal vehicle to provide the transportation & proudly denies to offer any reimbursement for gas or any compensation for the wear & tear.
Your loved ones are given better care from the staff in nursing centers than Heritages caregivers & Case Coordinators. Besides they are notorious for clients not getting services required according to the clients Plan of Care / Care Plan from caregivers not going & showing up & with being under staffed. But will still bill Medicaid even if services weren't provided.
Pros
they offer college reimbursement in healthcare related fields
Cons
high employee turnover, provides inadequate cpr training, obligates the usage of caregivers personal vehicles to transport clients without being compensation
Very good place to work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2015
This is a good place for rehabilitation of any patient. A very good work environment and a place to grow in your career. Coworkers a friendly and professional.
Pros
overall a good place to work
Very therapist oriented company
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Jellico, TNAugust 9, 2013
Managed the Rehab Dept in a rural LTC facility; routinely dealing with challenging staffing issues, related to the location of the facility
Pros
excellent benefits, great corporate culture, great support from upper level management
Cons
no local locations
Certified Nursing Assistant
Cerified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 17, 2015
Maintain and assist with residents on their personal hygiene . Help with bathing, feeding, and mobility. Learn new ways and techniques to use in medical field. The hardest part of this job is getting close to the residents and families and in the end . Death. The most enjoyable part of it is spending time with the residents and their family members.
Pros
getting to learn everyday
Cons
I can not do this type of job anymore
Not a good job, management never wanted to be in office.
Intake Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 12, 2015
This was a great job except management wanted to pay little and be out of the office all day and you do the work. Management never would pay on time, always avoided coming into office on payday.
Loved the work, nothing was hard about the job, the most enjoyable part of job made lot of decision on my own, handled conflict well, and became very efficient in completing being in charge of the office setting.
Pros
Nice, quite office, ability to make many decisions.
Cons
Worked and never got paid on time.
Skilled nursing facility with ever changing requirements based upon Medicare payment changes
Rehab Manager / Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 8, 2013
Very supportive company trying to meet the needs of both those being served (ie. patients and facilities) and their staff. The facility in which I worked had a reputation of being difficult and lived up to that reputation. They had been without a rehab manager for an extended period of time prior to my arrival and my limited experience with management which was disclosed upon my interviewing for the position did not lend itself to a smooth transition. Existing staff was not open to suggestions or changes and there were problems that had been present with staff long before I arrived creating a less than friendly environment with other disciplines within the facility. Rehab manager often caught between the expectations of the operating company and those of the rehab services provider as well as rehab staff. The department did undergo some renovation during the time that I was there and being a part of that was exciting even when frustrating due to unavoidable inconveniences related to treatment space, etc. The hardest part was trying to juggle managerial duties and facility expectations with patient care as I was also the only licensed PT in this 120-bed facility. Staffing was also an issue in that keeping a Speech Therapist on staff was difficult and yet is an integral part of the rehab team in a facility such as this. Being unable to provide promised services due to staff shortages was extremely frustrating.
Pros
flexible schedules, great benefits, very helpful home office staff in south carolina
Cons
healthcare changes in general - nothing that heritage could remedy, computer issues that were a near constant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERITAGE HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

HERITAGE HEALTHCARE Reviews by Location