HERITAGE HOME HEALTH Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with the elderly population
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSAugust 11, 2015
The company needs to increase the pay and benefits for employees. The company needs to improve on relationships with the families of the patients on the inner and outer workings of the facility. They should be made aware of every aspect of the patient's care and well-being.
Pros
Building trusting relationships with the patients
Cons
Pay increase
Productive and positive work environment
Staff / Field Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 17, 2015
Good communication between therapists regarding patient care outcomes.
Supportive office management of field staff therapists needs.
Individual scheduling of patients appointments by assigned field therapists.
fun great place to work
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  findlay ohioJune 9, 2015
I love this place to work I learned a lot and I grew with this company. I have nothing negative to say about this place I love it to the upmost it is a great place
Pros
grew with this company
Cons
got attached to people to easy
My work day at Heritage of Foley
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Foley, MNJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy making people happy and keeping them in there own home or apartment . A typical work day varies a lot I take vitals and make Doctors appointments if needed . I make sure that their daily needs are taken care of which may consist shower/bathing making sure nails are trimmed ,hair is groomed and I help set up medication and make sure they get proper medical care. I work well in emergency situations I do a number of task at one time from doing laundry, cooking and cleaning I make sure they get nutritional meals.
I get reviewed once a year I like our new nurse manger Gini P and I enjoy the once a month nurse visits . I do not get see to my co- workers often which is the down part of the job . most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in a persons life .
Pros
helping people
Cons
i miss not having close co worker, i want a faster paced job
Productive place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OHAugust 22, 2014
with this job you get to know people, co-workers & clients on a more intimate level easy to get attached to those clients who truly need you to help them
Pros
getting to know your clients
Cons
having to pay for your own gas
Good workplace and beneficial to those with multiple clients.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 27, 2014
I am a caregiver and start my day by cleaning client home and other household chores. I also help client dress and ambulate. I also organize clients appointments. Make sure client is in a comfortable home setting. During my time here I learned home health care, my previous employers for the healthcare industry was in a hospital facility (Alta Vista Regional Hospital). Management was very helpful actually referred me to a CNA school that I recently graduated from. In this job you have no co-workers. The hardest part of the job is having to travel to different clients homes. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making them comfortable around you and just having a sense of accomplishment and knowing that your making an impact on someone's life.
Pros
great management, training is good.
Cons
not enough hours, no promotion and can't advance your career
Fun place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 1, 2013
Fun place to work
good people to work with
caring
hardworking
On going knowledge of patient care
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 20, 2013
Review of daily nursing and nurse aides schedules, performing home visits for new admits, recertification and discharging of patients. Learned meaning of home bound status and what qualifies or disqualifies patients and how to up hold standards. Management very helpful and knowledgeable of standards of practice and shared information readily. Co-workers were team members willing to go the extra mile for resident care. Hardest part of job was reviewing and correcting all Oasis received from nurses. Most enjoyable was satisfaction on the faces of patients once wounds were healed or condition improved but they as well as employees were sad to discharge.
Pros
travel pay
Cons
numerous miles on car
fun workplace
Administrative Assistance/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 4, 2013
a typical work day, great co-workers, and a enjoyable work place
shift leader/ team lead
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pinetops, NCJuly 17, 2013
Open store
count draws
Inventory
direct employess to each station
practice safety rules and regulations with employess everyday
taking care of unhappy customer
ect.
Pros
helping employees with thier job duties
Cons
none really
Heritage was a great place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 17, 2013
I was based in Broken Arrow under the OKC office, and I loved my job. Management staff was great until the company was bought out. It didn't last too much longer after that, and the Broken Arrow location closed.
Pros
great patients and staff, lots of autonomy.
Cons
had to travel to okc for most case conferences, supplies, etc.
patients is key
Lead Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 5, 2013
Overall the job is a great field to work in. You get to help others if when they cant help themselves.
Pros
being able to work one on one
Cons
if your patient passes you will half to wait for another case
Good place to work!
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLMarch 2, 2013
The company in general has good moral and employees are longstanding and treated with respect. The medical records department was unrewarding and not always considered an important part of the company.
Pros
work is steady and hours decent, good benefits and anual parties.
Cons
pay scale not great and advancement slow, repetative work.
Horrible, solitary, frustrating work
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJanuary 7, 2013
My first day on the job came with no training, no orientation as to where supplies where; the staff member I was inheriting the shift from gave me no report, just ran out the door. We were always running out of GLOVES! And you couldn't just borrow them from another patient as we were strictly instructed and reminded that our only concern was the patient to which we were assigned. The staff restroom had no paper towels on which to dry our hands- an abomination in the healthcare field. When it came time to repositioning or transfering the client to the wheel chair there was NO help. You were just left to your own devices and hoped to figure it out. I worked the graveyard shift and received no pay differential, it was $18/hr flat regardless of what shift you did. Management was a joke and often took no assertive action against irresponsible employees. If you needed to call in sick, forget about it. There was NO coverage. They forced a sick nurse to come in 3 hours late after she had called out sick because they simply didn't receive her call. Overall it was completely ridiculous. Never working here again or referring anyone
Heritage is a wonderful company to work for. Many benefits.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2012
Heritage has a great Home Health care based company. They care about their employees and their clients. My co-workers are a wonderful group of professionals who all have an excellent team effort based approach work ethic. I love working with them all.
Pros
many.
Cons
currently in az only medicare and etna are covering pta's in the home health arena, other insurance companies are not
A company who allowed the emplpyees to grow as professionals.
Alternate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 26, 2012
I worked for a company who strived for only the highest quality of patient care.. In a management position, I learned how to deal effectively in work ethics as well as furthering my educaion in nursing and people skills. A typical day consisted of8-10 hours of dedication to a profession that is such a part of my life.
Knowledgable staff
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2012
Staff at company knowledgable in day to day operations of a home health company.
Pros
positive
Cons
Very busy fast paced work environment
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 24, 2012
I had lots of duties from the result of lots of cross training. A typical day for me depended on what deadlines had to be met. On a monday or tuesday was strictly payroll, wednesday through friday i split all my other duties up depending on what had to be down by priority. It could be ordering medical supplies if supplies are low or handling HR requirements.

There were certain duties that I handled that would be made into projects. If a specific deadline had to be met, other duties would be worked on in between. I worked in a very big corporate office, but in my department were roughly 8 people. Most of my co workers were very friendly and very outgoing, some of us worked as a team when help was needed.

The hardest part of the job is when the board of State was expected to come since I worked with an agency that handled Medicare and Medicaid. Everyone would be on pins and needles knowing that State can walk in at any moment.

The most enjoyable part of my job was making clients happy and reaching our goals, such as gaining admissions and not losing to many patients. The better we did with our census meant a better standing for all of our positions and an increase in our agency.
Pros
when census was met with admissions, we recieved things such as gift cards or jeans on fridays.

4.3