HERITAGE HOME HEALTH Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Great place to work, good management, coworkers great but pay wasnt enough and no benifits. no room for advancement. Patients were great. coworkers were friendly.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no room for adancement
A good experience
LVN-Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 14, 2017
I really enjoyed home health due to the 1-on-1 time you got with each individual patients. You could focus solely on that person. The schedule was often times unpredictable and made life outside work very challenging, but we had a great staff and my bosses all worked very hard to accompany the high volume of patients we had to see. The high volume of work contributed to the unpredictable schedule each day, not the competency of the schedulers. We all worked well together to make it work. I worked with this company for awhile, and it was a good experience for me. The owner was very open, honest, and trustworthy. Overall, it was a good experience. I worked for them on two different occasions for at least a year or more, and I enjoyed each time.
Great place to work with amazing, caring staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 7, 2017
I loved working for Heritage for the time that I was there, excellent staff and co workers, I would refer everyone to Heritage. Very fast paced, multitasking a must. Did not receive the best training but I am motivated and figured most of it out along the way. Wonderful, caring staff, just was not the best fit for both of us.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Inadequate training, working 2 fulltime positions with little to no help
N/a
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Licensed Practical NurseFebruary 22, 2017
Ok place to work, need better management, lackes loyalty for their staff. Need improvement with communication and how to manage staff
Staff very caring about clients and employees
Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INJune 8, 2016
Good place to work. In the process of restructuring and implementing new procedures including new computer system and scanning program.
Cons
30 minutes for lunch, Lacking some follow thru with professional staff
small company
HOME HEALTH RN (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TN 37160April 5, 2016
I was the only full-time RN. When a full-time LPN was hired, I was downsized. I was told that I needed to go prn, and I refused. When I had a dental emergency, I was discharged after I worked the 4th of July holiday. During my time there, I worked every major holiday. I was afforded unemployment because I was discharged without just cause. I feel I should of left when I was told I needed to go prn because the supervisor above my director was discharged due to downsizing within the company. I loved taking care of my patients, and the majority requested I be their nurse because of my knowledge base and my caring attitude. I treated every patient as though they could be a member of my family. I performed extensive wound care, IV infusions, and teaching patients and family members of the care required when I wasn't there. I loved the work. I was born to be a caregiver.
Pros
Taking care of patients
Cons
Acuity level of patients beyond home health capabilities
The company doesn't follow proper steps when promoting employees . Only certain employees are allowed to receive grants, assistance and shows favorit
Director of Nursing /Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 31, 2016
Too many expectations with limited time allowed to complete your work. Clinical coworkers are united and strive to delivery excellent care . Ineffective communication with non clinical personnel. There are too many relatives working on the same office and I received many complaints in the past regarding their behaviors.
Pros
Christian organization
Cons
lower employee's rewards system
Loved Working Here.
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 21, 2016
I loved working here. Absolutely wonderful. Couldn't find a better group to work with. I have no complaints but that they are no longer a company anymore.
Very well organized company, with greatm management and enviroment.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoSeptember 29, 2015
Heritage Home Health was an amazing company to work for. They offered great compensation and make you feel as if you are truly a valuable part of the team.
Enjoyed working with the elderly population
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSAugust 11, 2015
The company needs to increase the pay and benefits for employees. The company needs to improve on relationships with the families of the patients on the inner and outer workings of the facility. They should be made aware of every aspect of the patient's care and well-being.
Pros
Building trusting relationships with the patients
Cons
Pay increase
Productive and positive work environment
Staff / Field Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 17, 2015
Good communication between therapists regarding patient care outcomes.
Supportive office management of field staff therapists needs.
Individual scheduling of patients appointments by assigned field therapists.
fun great place to work
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  findlay ohioJune 9, 2015
I love this place to work I learned a lot and I grew with this company. I have nothing negative to say about this place I love it to the upmost it is a great place
Pros
grew with this company
Cons
got attached to people to easy
My work day at Heritage of Foley
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Foley, MNJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy making people happy and keeping them in there own home or apartment . A typical work day varies a lot I take vitals and make Doctors appointments if needed . I make sure that their daily needs are taken care of which may consist shower/bathing making sure nails are trimmed ,hair is groomed and I help set up medication and make sure they get proper medical care. I work well in emergency situations I do a number of task at one time from doing laundry, cooking and cleaning I make sure they get nutritional meals.
I get reviewed once a year I like our new nurse manger Gini P and I enjoy the once a month nurse visits . I do not get see to my co- workers often which is the down part of the job . most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in a persons life .
Pros
Helping people
Cons
I miss not having close co worker, I want a faster paced job
Productive place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OHAugust 22, 2014
with this job you get to know people, co-workers & clients on a more intimate level easy to get attached to those clients who truly need you to help them
Pros
getting to know your clients
Cons
having to pay for your own gas
Good workplace and beneficial to those with multiple clients.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 27, 2014
I am a caregiver and start my day by cleaning client home and other household chores. I also help client dress and ambulate. I also organize clients appointments. Make sure client is in a comfortable home setting. During my time here I learned home health care, my previous employers for the healthcare industry was in a hospital facility (Alta Vista Regional Hospital). Management was very helpful actually referred me to a CNA school that I recently graduated from. In this job you have no co-workers. The hardest part of the job is having to travel to different clients homes. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making them comfortable around you and just having a sense of accomplishment and knowing that your making an impact on someone's life.
Pros
great management, training is good.
Cons
not enough hours, no promotion and can't advance your career
Nice place to work and very friendly atmosphere.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 1, 2014
A lot of typing and busy phones, faxing out doctors orders and phone calls to keep up with. I learned more about Home Health Care. Got along great with coworkers being a small company. The hardest part was trying to get back the signed doctors orders. The most enjoyable part was the lunch time when you could go to the dining room and visit with the patients that lived in the Assisted Facility.
Pros
Close to home, made many elderly friends.
Cons
No breaks, short lunches.
Fun place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 1, 2013
Fun place to work
good people to work with
caring
hardworking
On going knowledge of patient care
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 20, 2013
Review of daily nursing and nurse aides schedules, performing home visits for new admits, recertification and discharging of patients. Learned meaning of home bound status and what qualifies or disqualifies patients and how to up hold standards. Management very helpful and knowledgeable of standards of practice and shared information readily. Co-workers were team members willing to go the extra mile for resident care. Hardest part of job was reviewing and correcting all Oasis received from nurses. Most enjoyable was satisfaction on the faces of patients once wounds were healed or condition improved but they as well as employees were sad to discharge.
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
Numerous miles on car
fun workplace
Administrative Assistance/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 4, 2013
a typical work day, great co-workers, and a enjoyable work place
shift leader/ team lead
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pinetops, NCJuly 17, 2013
Open store
count draws
Inventory
direct employess to each station
practice safety rules and regulations with employess everyday
taking care of unhappy customer
ect.
Pros
Helping employees with thier job duties
Cons
none really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HERITAGE HOME HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.