Our Childrens and Adult programming is seeking highly motivated, creative and passionate staff to work part time within our Community Living Supports (CLS) Program, providing services to individual children and adults with special needs in the Muskegon and Grand Haven areas.
Our agency's Children's Community Living Supports (CCLS) Program offers 1 on 1 support to children in their family home setting, providing goal-oriented supports such as learning coping skills, personal hygiene, behavior supports, community integration and various other tasks to help provide assistance and teach independence skills.
Since we work with children, who are generally in school during most weekdays, the hours are usually afternoons, evenings and/or weekends, however this may alter with the summer when some of our clients are out of school.
The Adult CLS Program is often very similar since many of the clients are young adults, still living at home with a close family member and still attending a school or day program.
Qualification Requirements for this position include:
- Must be over the age of 18.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Valid, current, Michigan Driver’s license which agrees with our insurance company’s requirements for direct care workers driving our vehicles and transporting clients.
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical, TB Test, Drug Screen, and Criminal Check.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with clients, coworkers and clinicians
- Must have sufficient visual and auditory acuity with or without corrective lenses/aids to observe clients and detect signs of changes in client behavior, adverse medication reactions, or other activity or event requiring intervention.
Staff must be willing to use their personal vehicle to transport the individuals that we serve. Mileage reimbursement is paid. Must have a safe vehicle, valid Michigan driver's license, vehicle registration and current vehicle insurance.
Potential staff must be available during weekdays initially, to attend required trainings offered through the Community Mental Health (CMH) training centers. For the CCLS Program there are a few core trainings required, including Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, Recipient Rights, CPR/First Aid & Bloodborne Pathogens (preventing disease transmission) and Community Living Supports. Paid training is provided as well as mileage reimbursement to/from the training center locations.
Starting rate of pay for the CCLS Program begins at a base rate of $8.41/hour during training and $8.56/hour once fully trained. Additionally, there is an hourly incentive of $1.20/hour for all hours working directly with a client, providing CLS supports (total starting rate of $9.76/hour once fully trained). Weekend incentive of additional .25/hour also offered.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and work availability.
Drug Free Workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer.