Heritage Manor Employee Reviews

It was ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elroy, WIMay 18, 2017
It was an ok place to work but would be better if they would have better communication and train there employees better and if there staff would be a little more friendly to there employees.
Pros
Its fun working with the residents
Cons
Train employees better. Better communication.
Patient Interaction
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 17, 2017
With this being my first job out of high school, I really didn't know what to think at first. However, I learned a lot of things that weren't just about the nursing home. This job made me want to better myself and I have and I'm thankful for that!
I love working at this place.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI 48532May 14, 2017
Yes I loved this job the staff were fun to work with and get along with we all worked as a team and I like working with older people and it wasn't a stressful job at all.
it was a job. unfortunately a supervisor and above was scarce.
PCA / Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAApril 17, 2017
i would not work at a place of this caliber unless i absolutely needed too. a simple work day consisted of serving the residents with coffee for 30 min. and cooking food. once the food was cooked, the residents were served and the kitchen was cleaned. the day was over.
Pros
excellent food
Cons
not alot of work time
Not recommended for the feint of heart.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
The management and employees do not care enough about the residents and their work performance is deplorable to say the least. There are not enough men curreny on staff to help with any of the heavy lifting, and some of the women leave the premises thirty minutes to an hour earlier than their designated clock out times.
Pros
The residents are very nice people.
Cons
Short breaks, crazy work schedule, not enough pay for the amount of work performed.
Not the best wnviroment to work in
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILMarch 27, 2017
I loved my job taking care of residents but I would not recommend this location as my first pick for a family member, they are always short staffed and kind of dirty facilities
It wasnt the best place to work but i loved my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monteagle, TNMarch 14, 2017
I loved my job and my patients my work crew was amazing to we always worked together. I had alot of tasks and alot of experience. I did almost all the jobs there. It was my first cna job and it lead me to the other places and things I want to do in health care.
Pros
Work crew
Cons
Bad treatment
Impossible Expectations but Great Rehab Manager
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Great rehab team. Like a family. Building has a bad reputation. Constantly changing DON and administration. High productivity for Therapists.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Lots of overtime
A great place to work
Social Services Assist/Health Unit Coor. (Former Employee) –  Chisholm, MNJanuary 4, 2017
This was the start of my career in healthcare and office administration. The experience and knowledge I gained, has opened many doors and opportunities for me. The support and encouragement from my coworkers and management gave me the courage to pursue my dreams.
Pros
Support and encouragement from management and co-workers
Cons
Not having affordable healthcare
Small place, great employees, and great residents.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 30, 2016
I worked Heritage Manor for almost 2 years, I honestly wish I still did. Sometimes it seemed like a lot of work but it was usually only due to being somewhat short of staff, but that was a rare issue. Everyone does their part and helps out when it's needed. The administrator has a big heart, and she doesn't feel "above" being right there next to you helping you as much as she can. It's a great place to work, although the health insurance isn't great, vision and dental insurance way better.
Pros
Family like atmosphere, +1$/hour incentive pay, twice a month drawing to win 50$, Christmas and saftey bonus pay every year
Cons
Can't leave on lunch break, no direct deposit, no free meals, no cellphones on breaks
hated working here
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LADecember 20, 2016
they didn't treat their workers with respect and dignity.. most of the workers there was very rude and inconsiderate.. I don't like this company and don't wish to go back..
fun to work at
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 19, 2016
took care of the elderly, cleaned the building. didnt learn much, management was alright, found out at the end all they wanted was money, then building closed. coworkers where alright. bathing elderly people that dont want to do so, or help you. listening to their stories of when they where younger.
Pros
helping people
Cons
taking care of elderly people that dont want you near them, healthcare
Fun and Rewarding
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  Elroy, WISeptember 19, 2016
Working at Heritage Manor was fun and rewarding, tho incredibly challenging at times. It was face paced and always changing.
overwhelming
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 22, 2016
The patient to aide ratio is higher than any other nursing home I have worked at. On a good day an aide will have about 10 patients and on a normal day its about 12 or 13 patients to an aide. With so many patients and only 8hrs a shift its hard to give each patient the care they need.
Pros
relationships with patients
Cons
Unpleasant staff, and heavy workload
Overnights
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 11, 2016
I think the residents at the place was awesome and the place is an overall great place to work at. My only disappointment was the staff members and management. As Cnas we are suppose to be team players and there is no 'I' in team. I also work overnights and I feel management never took the time to know their overnight staff. Sometimes we are judge by our residents and not for our hard work we put in.
Great place
Lpn ADON (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2016
Teamwork, Awesome staff, great pay. Small nursing home but the employees have an huge heart. The administrator is awesome I love how she knows the residents name an will even help to provide care. Everyone is hands on an thats what makes the Facility a 5 star to me
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2016
Great place to work I look foward to going to work when I did work their I miss it very much nothing more to say I cant think of anything else to say at this time
better attitudes
Resident Care Aid (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2016
a normal work day was pretty much dealing with the managers attitude. The residents made it very fun there. Everyday they would have a story to tell or do something crazy and it would just bring joy to my day.
Pros
the Residents
Cons
Manager
great organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pana, ILFebruary 5, 2016
This company is a great company to work for especially the training programs that they have to keep the nursing staff up to date on better quality and care for their patients.
fun to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILOctober 23, 2015
they make your hours to work all staff is nice they will try to call you in if they need you and if they cant find anyone they will try there hardest to get you to come in even if you are sick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Manor. Our community is ready to answer.