Heritage Oaks Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 6, 2017
Never a dull moment. Stayed busy the whole time. Loved the clients. Had to keep yourself aware all teh time. Things could change min by min so y ou have to stay alert and ready
Pros
Clients
Cons
Not being able to save em all
Poor workplace
Registered Nurse Mental Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 27, 2017
Worst management ever! Always short staffed.
Do not work here. They staffing ratio for rn is 1:18. The management is rude and greedy. Always short you and never help. The turn over rate is very high.
It is a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The typical day at Heritage Oaks is starting with treatment team meeting, then you do the typical nurse jobs like care plans, admissions, and discharge. The co-workers are very nice and will work with you. The hardest part of the job has to be the lack of nurses on staff which requires many double shift to be mandatory. The best part of the job has to be being able to work with the very friendly staff.
Fun workplace
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers. I have learned plenty during my time at Heritage Oaks. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new patients and working with my co-workers.
Fast paced, multi-tasking, Security/HIPPA compliant Mental Healh Facility
Float-Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2016
My typical work day consisted of over 500 phone calls. The lobby was in constant motion, and a portion of my responsibility was to let any persons in/out of lobby, elevator, and main door.
Exceptional multi-tasking skills were required.
Extremely friendly staff, patients were appreciative.
a great start
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2016
Working at Heritage Oaks was a great start but the staff morale is low and management was constantly changing which unfortunatley made for an unsettling feeling.
For profit hospital with non profit wages
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2016
If you are fresh out of school and need to have a hospital experience on your resume do this for 6 months and get out. This is not a company where employees are paid fair wages, below industry standards with no possibility of making much more. It's more like a factory with huge turnover. It's a stepping stone and more of a transitional company with little loyalty to the employees.
Pros
per diem has felx schedule
Cons
pay
okay
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 30, 2016
Sometimes understaffed but besides that great people and understanding director. The meetings are usually short and thorough.
Pros
time
Cons
short staff
Great working environment
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2016
I love working for Heritage Oaks Hospital. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere of the Hospital inpatient and outpatient is like no other.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Per Diem, no benefits
funny how these things work
MHT (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2016
So you see all these positive posts trying to show how this is a good place to work.

Funny how the people who actually worked there don't think so.

Looks like propaganda from Heritage Oaks to me
I would not recommend this job
Mental Health Technician Heritage Oaks Hospital (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2016
Typical day at work is stressful
What I've learned is to be more compassionate with people who are struggling with mental illness
Mangement is absolutely horrible
Co-workers some are great to work with but for the most part they could be more professional.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with patients who get agitated
Enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I can make them feel wanted when they feel alone. I love it when they tell me you made my day better. It's what kept me here.
Pros
Patient's when you get who appreciates you
Cons
The absolute worst experience of my professional career.
Mental Health Tech (Current Employee) –  NursingDecember 1, 2015
These people have such terrible management. When faced with a problem they are quick to pass the buck and nothing is EVER solved. You are not safe at this place, management is too apathetic to keep an eye out for their employees. This is a dead end job, there is ZERO interest in cultivating employees talents. Compensation is embarrassingly low. Team work is almost unheard of, save for a select few amazing people that work there for some reason. They DO NOT pay enough for what you have to go through there. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Working with patients is very gratifying.
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible management, tons of apathetic and uncooperative employees
Productive work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2015
Work place is nice and enjoyable. Need to improve on management skills and colleagues. Pros about the place is the communication is horrible.
Cons
bad communications, unprofessional
Productive and fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2015
I work in the most acute psyche unit at Heritage Oaks Hospital. The first 6 months was very challenging since the behavior of my patients are unpredictable. As i gained experience and confidence with my daily tasks, my work became more enjoyable. My unit demands a lot from employees but we work as a team which make it more easier.
Friendly and co-operative workplace that highly productive and well managed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2015
Every work day is pretty intense, but good team work with efficient management makes working enjoyable feeling myself proud.
Being per diem worker at every unit, I have been learning all procedures, paper works etc.
Management is very efficient that is open to feedback from the employees
Co-workers are good professionals dedicate themselves to team work.
I feel that paperwork is too much, and takes a big portion of daily duties.
The best part of this job that I learn new things every day.
provides excellent psychiatric care to community
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 11, 2014
had numerous opportunities to advance career. enjoyed the people who worked there. felt like helping the community.
Good place and team work.
Floor Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 6, 2014
I loved working at Heritage Oaks Hospital. We were all like one big family.
Pros
Discounted lunches and good work atomosphere.
Cons
Laid off due to budget cuts.
A good place to expand skills and stretch competencies.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2013
I had an excellent experience at Heritage Oaks Hospital. It is a challenging environment with many opportunities to try new and challenging skills. With a diverse population of acute mental health patients there is always something to learn.

The staff was helpful and easy to get along with. The matter of fact focus on what needs to be done to ensure the safety and comfort of the patients made it easy to be in a difficult environment. There was always a challenge to face and someone to support me through it.
Pros
Good support system. Good pay. Great people to work with.
Cons
Working with acute mental health patients is challenging and often sad.
Great place to work.
Intake Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2013
My typical day was spent working on the unit as a Social Worker for eight hours and then often doing another eight hours as an Intake Clinician.
Pros
great management very supportive
Caring staff to vulnerable psychiatric clients.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse, charge, supervisory (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2013
RN Charge nurse over acute in-patient adult and adolescent psychiatric clients. Administer medications, review orders, communicate with physicians, staff and patients.
De-escalate inappropriate patient behaviors.
Enjoy caring for patients as they transition to more optimum behaviors.
Pros
staff who cares
Cons
benefits limited