Heritage Park Employee Reviews in United States

Very Busy
RN & Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTApril 18, 2016
Heritage Park is a nursing home. You work for 12 hours. You are responsible for 20-40 clients with, usually 2 aides to help you. You are passing medications, all day long. Very rarely do you get a break, due to no down time. Besides passing medications you also are giving tube feedings with PEG tubes. You are also suction ventilator patients. Usually you end up working longer than 12 hours, due to management wanting you to chart at the end of your shift, just in case something happens with a patient.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
rarely get breaks or even lunches
rude workers, didnt acknowlegde my letter for physical when I was pregnant
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 27, 2015
did not help when I asked, a lot of people were being rude. I loved the patients though they were the best part of my job thats why I continued to go then I quit.
A good learning expierence.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 18, 2015
It offers a 12 hour shift and 3 8 hour shifts. I did the 12 hour shifts, and enjoyed it at first, then it got to be too much for me.
A place I would enjoy working, if it wasn't the kitchen
Dietary Supervisor, Aide, and Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
I am all for the fast paced, busy environment. However, I am also for strong leadership and good management. We were short staffed and overworked in the kitchen everyday, and most days my boss sat at her desk with her feet up. There were times where she would could out to help, but no one could manage to get everything done. If you did not finish everything you got in trouble, and if you asked to stay late, you would get in trouble again. We were forced to miss breaks, or take shorter breaks during our long shifts just to manage to finish the work of others. While I was there, I was facing a very difficult pregnancy. I would get sick all the time and I could not keep up with the job. The boss played favorites, if you were not one of her favorites, do not expect a chance to sit in the office briefly for a glass of water. I refuse to work over 8 hour shifts and be treated like nothing.
good place to work, no communication
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 28, 2015
i was terminated because of non, comunication with me and my manager, and the manager of the office, i was very upset that i couldn't explain my self but i have to move on, its was a simple mistake i made that i didn't do on purpose and i regret it.
good company to work for
Certified Nurse's Assistant, Appointment Escort (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2014
I worked on the Rehab end. For my first job it was a right for myself. It gave me the experiences I needed at the time. I enjoyed most of my residents I took care of.
Pros
good frist job
Good environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2014
Friendly staff, approachable management. Breaks required, management very appreciative of staff and endeavors to show appreciation in many different ways.
no room for advancement
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2014
It was an experience and I'm grateful for it. Not very rewarding, unstable management. Great co- workers.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 17, 2014
All the staff I work with are very supportive and willing to help. A typical day involves providing direct care to residents. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with so many different types of residents.
friendly staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 21, 2014
medication pass, treatments, manage care staff, fall prevention, documentation of care. friendly caring staff.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
poor management
The experience was so realistic and fun.
Medical Records Assistant Practicum- 60 Hrs (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 12, 2014
I would check in the front desk and head to the medical records department. Most of my duties consisted of filing charts, preparing charts for new admissions. The admissions rates where high due to the fact it was a nursing home. I was able to learn the realistic point of views from my studies applied hands on. The management treating me as if I were part of the company. The co-workers actually trainers were really nice and patient. I would say the difficult part would be to find something to do after I had done everything in the agenda. I was limited on what I could do since they had few hours to teach me everything. The most enjoyable part was actually knowing the process of the medical records and where to receive the information for the audits.
Not a very rewarding work environment.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2013
A consist flow of laundry. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and people. Management is more worried about the job getting done rather than it's employees. Praise your employee and you'll never have to worry about a job well done. My co-workers were supportive and I thank them .The residents were the best part of being apart of Heritage Park. They deserve the world.
Pros
my fellow employees
Cons
no time for breaks
I loved the patients and nurses I worked with here
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 14, 2013
I worked Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and enjoyed my experience at this facility providing continuity of care for my patients and their families. I enjoyed getting to know the other staff and nurses, however it was sad to see a high level of management turnover.
Pros
great staff and great patients/families to work with
Cons
high management turnover
Very Good
LPN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 5, 2013
Same as above for LPN, Charge Nurse. Passed medications, performed treatments, supervised CNAs. Wrote and performed assessments. Medical documentation. Consulted with MD. Assured that proper safety measures for staff and residents were followed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor chance for career advancement
fun place
CNA (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 15, 2013
arrived at work at 6am wake all the residents for breakfast take vital signs report to RN's i learned how to use a hoyer lift charting and taking vital signs co workers were very helpful and nice hardest part was working as an extern enjoyable part of the job was helping others
Pros
great place to learn
It was just a job
Laundry Hand (Former Employee) –  Rolla MOMarch 13, 2013
Really did not want to work at this place but needed a job fast and a friend got me on there with him. I worked nights by my self which was not so fun.
driver, delivery
Grounds (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYMarch 4, 2013
great organization. Great management. Great training. hard work.
This is the place if you are seeking long term employment.
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS/SOCIAL SERVICE ASISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 9, 2013
A typical day as a social worker includes building relationships with the residents and their families. This position also includes alot of paperwork compliance for the MDS process and Indian State Board of Health regulations.
Pros
insurance, pto time
Mean Employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 26, 2013
I didnt like working at Heritage Park the employees were cold hearted.
This was a satisfactory company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 6, 2012
This company enforced guidelines that changed on a weekly basis. This made the task to complete my job difficult.
Pros
great relationships were built with my patients.
Cons
management was unsatisfactory.