Heritage Park

Heritage Park Employer Reviews

Good environment
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2014
Friendly staff, approachable management. Breaks required, management very appreciative of staff and endeavors to show appreciation in many different ways.
no room for advancement
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2014
It was an experience and I'm grateful for it. Not very rewarding, unstable management. Great co- workers.
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 17, 2014
All the staff I work with are very supportive and willing to help. A typical day involves providing direct care to residents. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with so many different types of residents.
friendly staff
LPN (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: poor management
medication pass, treatments, manage care staff, fall prevention, documentation of care. friendly caring staff.
The experience was so realistic and fun.
Medical Records Assistant Practicum- 60 Hrs (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 12, 2014
I would check in the front desk and head to the medical records department. Most of my duties consisted of filing charts, preparing charts for new admissions. The admissions rates where high due to the fact it was a nursing home. I was able to learn the realistic point of views from my studies applied hands on. The management treating me as if I were – more... part of the company. The co-workers actually trainers were really nice and patient. I would say the difficult part would be to find something to do after I had done everything in the agenda. I was limited on what I could do since they had few hours to teach me everything. The most enjoyable part was actually knowing the process of the medical records and where to receive the information for the audits. – less
Not a very rewarding work environment.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2013
Pros: my fellow employees
Cons: no time for breaks
A consist flow of laundry. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and people. Management is more worried about the job getting done rather than it's employees. Praise your employee and you'll never have to worry about a job well done. My co-workers were supportive and I thank them .The residents were the best part of being apart of Heritage Park. – more... They deserve the world. – less
I loved the patients and nurses I worked with here
Charge Nurse LPN (Former Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 14, 2013
Pros: great staff and great patients/families to work with
Cons: high management turnover
I worked Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and enjoyed my experience at this facility providing continuity of care for my patients and their families. I enjoyed getting to know the other staff and nurses, however it was sad to see a high level of management turnover.
Very Good
LPN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Roy, UTJuly 5, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor chance for career advancement
Same as above for LPN, Charge Nurse. Passed medications, performed treatments, supervised CNAs. Wrote and performed assessments. Medical documentation. Consulted with MD. Assured that proper safety measures for staff and residents were followed.
fun place
CNA (Former Employee), Clearfield, UTMay 15, 2013
Pros: great place to learn
arrived at work at 6am wake all the residents for breakfast take vital signs report to RN's i learned how to use a hoyer lift charting and taking vital signs co workers were very helpful and nice hardest part was working as an extern enjoyable part of the job was helping others
It was just a job
Laundry Hand (Former Employee), Rolla MOMarch 13, 2013
Really did not want to work at this place but needed a job fast and a friend got me on there with him. I worked nights by my self which was not so fun.
driver, delivery
Grounds (Former Employee), Elmira, NYMarch 4, 2013
great organization. Great management. Great training. hard work.
This is the place if you are seeking long term employment.
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS/SOCIAL SERVICE ASISTANT (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: insurance, pto time
A typical day as a social worker includes building relationships with the residents and their families. This position also includes alot of paperwork compliance for the MDS process and Indian State Board of Health regulations.
Mean Employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 26, 2013
I didnt like working at Heritage Park the employees were cold hearted.
This was a satisfactory company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great relationships were built with my patients.
Cons: management was unsatisfactory.
This company enforced guidelines that changed on a weekly basis. This made the task to complete my job difficult.
Fun and enjoyable
Lead Hand/Custodial and Events Setup (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2014
Great people , always very busy and lots to do and learn. Was able to become a leader and show my talents as well as supervise trainees.
Great seasonal job with perks, but no benefits and terrible upper management
Bartend, Serve, Liaison (Current Employee), Calgary ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: gourmet dinners every shift, sometimes free stuff, meet local celebs and politicians.
Cons: in the off-season there is virtually no work.
Banquets usually have more year-round work which can pay well. When it pays. Upper management are destroying the park's potential, with the exception of the president. She works hard and is very friendly and well-spoken. Otherwise you see some cool things, for instance we host the prime minister annually. There are a number of venues on the 125 acres – more... which keep it interesting. – less
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free park pass, 15% off retail and free lunches
Cons: long hours, slow in the off season
Duties-prepare sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit platters, vegetable platters, food safety and hygene certificate is required. Experiance in a kitchen enviroment is an asset. lots of different areas to work in such as the banquets kitchen to a food venue in the village. The people i work with are nice and respectful and fun to work with. the best part – more... of this job is the people i work with and the customers i serve. – less
Heratige Park
labour (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free benifits reasonable pay
Cons: did not last temporary
I liked this job its a job I took on short notice. I ended up staying with the company and doing a veriety of jobs setting up for auctions and business show setup. I had fun met good people I also helped work for the PBR bullriding exhibtion which was fun had free pass and admition to dance.
Fun environment helping everyone
BANQUET OPERATOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2013
We had to dress up and kick er old school which was in the most intriuging. Showed everyone the importance of history.
Fun and great to meet new people
Volunteer, Special events and off-site promotions (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
Pros: free entry to special events when staffing heritage park booth
Cons: sometimes long hours standing in "grandma" boots in gravel or uneven ground
Volunteer work

Did mostly off-site and/or special events. Set up booth with promotional materials, explained background of Heritage Park, dressed in period clothing provided by Heritage Park. Met a lot of nice people. It was fun and very interesting.