Heritage Valley Health System Employee Reviews

Good Company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, PAJuly 15, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. We the people of the united states in order to form a more perfect union establish justice and ensure domestic tranquility.
Great coworkers but lousy management and no room for advancement
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJuly 13, 2017
They are always understaffed and when there is a problem managements famous line is were looking into it. Lie in the interview and stressful situations
Pros
Pay rate, close travel, coworkers
Cons
management, insurance, calloffs, pto time
long work hours and always short
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAJuly 13, 2017
The management and scheduling was poor. You had nurses that wouldn't help and co-workers that would never come. Every day there was a need to have someone stay over.
Pros
insurancegood was
Cons
no breaks cause nurses would not answer call lights and co workerss wouldnt cover for you.
Nice company to work for.
AR specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJune 17, 2017
A typical day for me is reviewing my weekly denial report. This report consists of office visits or procedures the office posted and billed to the insurance carriers and for one reason or another did not get processed. I review all these denials correct what I can and notify the office to make coding corrections as needed.
Management, in my department, is new to physician billing and adjustments are being implemented as needed.
Our department had 36 women, all working on different offices and different job performances. Our office was recently combined with hospital billing office of 40 women, and now combined we have approximately 80 women working together to accomplish one goal.
The hardest part of my job is the drive. Since the merger of the two offices, my drive is further.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the accomplishment of getting my claims paid when the insurances have denied them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Automatic deduction for lunch
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAMay 29, 2017
Enjoyed working at hvhs great benefits. Good work environment not all jobs are perfect but in this day and age HVHS is a very good employer. Retirement benefits could be better
Very Good
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAMay 5, 2017
Heritage Valley Health System takes pride in the level of care they give to their patients. They are very caring people to work with and be a patient to.
Friendly environment but typically understaffed
Rad Tech Pre Graduate (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PAApril 6, 2017
A typical day of work consisted of prepping exam rooms for patients and cleaning them after exam completion. Stocking the exam room and charging patient exams were also an everyday part of my job requirements.
I became more proficient in the use of RIS/PACS through this job. I also learned how to fill power injectors with contrast agents, and to identify some anatomy on axial views of different parts of the body.
I found that I personally had little issue with management.
The workplace environment is very friendly. The camaraderie I shared with my coworkers was the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Miscommunication between departments, and the lack of proper staffing, are the hardest parts of the job.
Pros
work experience
Cons
understaffed
productive environment
Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAApril 6, 2017
manager was interested in providing challenging accounts as I accomplished the daily tasks assigned which helped me grow in knowledge of many types of billing
co-workers helpful and provided information on different types of insurance carriers
Pros
great opportunity for learning
Cons
office was located on windy, hills, which was challenging with the winter roads
No advancement possible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAMarch 17, 2017
No room for advancement despite holding certification. Age discrimination due to my young age(11 year difference). Refusal to accept Return to Work form following FMLA causing loss of employment. Refusal to sign tuition reimbursement within department due to education being out of department.
Fun place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAMarch 8, 2017
The office was a fun place to work at. The doctors were sweet and cared about the staff. The co-workers were my family away from family. The boss was sweet and professional at the same time.

Want to know more about Heritage Valley Health System?

Ask a question
great doctor to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAFebruary 23, 2017
the most enjoyable part of my job is the great people you work with and the wonderful patients I have grown to love.
I have learned a lot working where I have for so long.
pacu staff nurse
PACU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 14, 2017
Work in 14 bed unit with 8 staff members. Daily assigned two pt areas per RN. Average pt load 4-8 pts . We care for inpts as well as out pt population. Work autonomously as well as team at times. Anesthesiologist almost always within view or phone call away when needed quickly. Most days are busy.,Cannot always get assistance but enough autonomy and daily skills to feel productive/valued.
Pros
excellant salary
Cons
need to improve staffing& provided more beds
Management is nonexistent......!
Communications Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PAFebruary 1, 2017
After working in Communications department @ HVHS for 16 years over a 22 year period, I am left extremely disappointed in the direction that management has gone. If you want to feel appreciated or respected...this is not the job for you. Hard, efficient work and honesty is not recognized. Policies are not followed and if you point it out, you are painting a target on your back.
Pros
Pay and climate control indoor work area.
Cons
Shifts, no appreciation or respect, and working with immature grown women that have poor character.
Lovely Team
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Sewickley, PANovember 22, 2016
Great team of workers, working together as a whole to save lives and help the sick, wounded, and injured. You're welcomed right away and if you need help, people are more than happy to assist.
company is only interested about money not patients
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAOctober 29, 2016
RN's overworked, sent to different work areas where they have no experience, RN/patient ratio unsafe. ER holds patients for hours at a time before sending to admission floor.
Cons
no breaks, supervisors do not help
Challenging and rewarding
RN (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAOctober 28, 2016
Family like environment with staff and physicians Close relationship with patients and families. Hardest part of the job was losing a patient. Most enjoyable part was former patients returning to visit staff,.
Pros
Close working relationship with physicians
Cons
Inconsistent break periods
Fast pace
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 25, 2016
I learned how to help take care and prep patients who were having a heart cath and open heart surgery and their recovery.
A tpical day there is that your assignment consisted of 10-17 patients at times, depending on call offs possibly more on nights! It can be very busy depending on your assignment with admits and discharges?! You also could have many diffent nurses in a days time, espically if you worked a 12hr shift. Also, you could lose your assignment and get pulled to another departmemt on a different floor if they needed help!
It's like family
Clinical Supervisor- ED / ICU / OH (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJune 17, 2016
Great place to work. Compassionate and caring people who go above and beyond to make the sick well. It's like working with family.
Nice coworkers but management doesn't care
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAJune 3, 2016
Lack of communication from upper management. Work with great co-workers and staff. Lots of turnover within the company.
nice environment but no room for advancement
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAFebruary 19, 2016
The work has been cut due to editing software, I have been cross trained for many different functions so it can still be busy at times.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
quiet environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Valley Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2