Heritage Village

Heritage Village Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cassadaga, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, enjoyable work
Cons: having to withstand the smells but nothing really wrong.
Assist residents with activities of daily living, most of what I do is in my resume but would like to add that working in a nursing home is wonderful, I really grew a heart for the residents I tended too.
Stepping stone in my nursing career.
CMA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Gladstone, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: i fell in love with nursing.
Cons: management. can totally explain if given the opportunity!
Heritage Village was my introduction to nursing. I enjoyed the other nurses that I worked with but really didn't see eye to eye with management. I loved the residents there and they all appreciated me too. I would go above and beyond for my fellow nurses and residents. I also earned a bonus for obtaining a new resident, providing a tour and having the resident stay for more than 3 months. The hardest part of the job, of course, was having to say goodbye. As my stepping stone, this is where I learned the basics of the nursing job.
Becoming an Ophthalmic Assistant is exciting.
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee), Snellville, GAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: working with patients to help them see.
Cons: heath care and management.
Becoming an Ophthalmic Assistant is exciting. Working with 20+ patients a day makes it an interesting day. I can feel I am really helping people see. My eye sight has always been infallible so I have had no personal experience with a optometrist working on my eyes. It's disheartening to see people come in with eye sight that causes them distress and personal complications in life, but i find joy in giving them a new life with a new set of eyes. The hardest part of the job is seeing a patient cry, it breaks my heart. The management at Heritage Vision Center leaves something to be desired. The health care insurance unbearably expensive. I would have to hand over most of my paycheck once a month to afford it, while the office manager, who made twice the amount of me, had his insurance paid for.
Home like envoriment with caring staff.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Gerry, NYJune 26, 2014
Pros: positive environment, caring staff
Its a nice environment but at times can be stressful. The nursing staff seems to care a great deal about the people they are taking care of and go out of their way to make sure their residents are happy and comfortable. It is a small place so there is a family atmosphere built right in. Most of the co workers treat each other with respect, and all of the residents are treated with dignity and compassion. The hardest part of this job is seeing someone pass away but there is a good support system in place to help their aids from getting burned out. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with the residents and build relationships with them.
Working Private Duty Care
Private Duty Certified Aide (Former Employee), Southbury, CTFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working for her
Cons: was sad when she passed away
I loved working private duty for this woman. She was always in a good mood, I enjoyed going there to help her with anything she needed. I learned about growing old slowly as she said was patients, smile everyday, enjoy what life has to offer you & never go to bed mad.
Fun and friendly place to work and volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Largo, FLOctober 20, 2013
I volunteered here for about 5 years and the workers are nice, friendly and fun to around. The staff is very considerate and the park is very well maintained.
ACTIVITIES
CMA (Former Employee), Gladstone, MOSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: the residents
Cons: healthcare being ignored
LEARNED ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO ALL STAFF RESIDENTS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE AND SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT..DAYS AT BLUE HILLS WERE VERY BUSY AND HARD WORK OF HOW THINGS WERE RAN
Very demanding job; nurses were not always willing to help.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Gerry, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: different clients to assist. some overtime.
Cons: dealing w/the nursing staff and worrying about being attacked by certain clients.
Cared for the elderly w/various health issues. Learned mechanical equipment and easier ways to assist clients. Mgmt. was good but the nursing supervisors were not always pleasant. Co-workers worked as a team. Having to finish certain clients needs by end of shift. I enjoyed the different clients.
cna
CNA (Former Employee), Gerry, NYJuly 25, 2013
it was an ok job the other can did not have good work ethic they were rude to residents. I honestly did not like this job
amazing elders
Student Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Gerry, NYNovember 5, 2012
take care of the elderly and made sure they were well groomed fed and make sure they were good and felt safe in the nursing hom
Great work atmosphere.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Gerry, NYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: great people who worked with us
Cons: not a high enough rate of pay.
I would go into work, say hello to all the ladies in the kitchen(and josh). Then get to my station prepare it for the evening and then get straight to work. The girls and I would always have fun joking around, but would always get our work done, and if one of us was running behind someone who was ahead would always help out. I had to quit this job because I wasn't getting paid enough for the commute from South Valley to Gerry.
not a bad place
lawn care (Former Employee), Southbury, CTMay 15, 2012
it waswnt to bad some of the staff wasnt gd hours were gd pay was gd