Herman & Kittle Employee Reviews

Awesome opportunities to work with some great people.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2016
Just a great place to work. Great opportunity to with with and for nice people. Would highly recommend Herman and Kittle Properties as an employer.
Pros
Great family atmosphere.
Cons
None to speak of.
Slum lord
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 12, 2016
When you go too work for a company like Hkp. You lose money, instead of making money. The only ones that are making anything. Are the ones who are closest to the owner of the company. You kill yourself while trying to get everything done with what you got. For what. just so that someone else can take the credit. Oh by the way don't think for 1 minute they care.
To many Chiefs not enough Indians.
Horrible place to work
Former Propery manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka KansasMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work. Worked as a Manager and they want nothing but a Slum Lord. Upper Management is the worst. Company does not care about their properties, their Residents nor their employee's. Stay away!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not what I expected
Assistant Property Manager/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
I have only been at this job since August of 2015 It has gone thru several manager changes, as well as no one Is not on the same page to try to accomplish one goal. I think if they work better in trying to communicate with their employees and making sure that EVERYONE understands their job duties and what is expected from them, that this job would be a lot better.
Pros
My immediate boss is a great teacher
never a dull minute
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2016
never know what coming your way as a tax credit manager. From a resident crying on your shoulder to be sitting at the court house with a eviction.
with all walks of life we are created the same. Rich or poor. Hardest part of the job rent collections and evictions. Moving some one in they give you a hug because now they are not homeless.
Pros
great vaction benifits
Cons
health care insureance not so good
Overall a good place of employment
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 15, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers as a team. I enjoy the opportunity to work with the public. I enjoy the team enviornment there.
Lacked Leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
I again was doing what I loved to do which is working with people and helping them find the right place for them, however there was not a strong leadership presence in the office which in return lacked no real team players.
OK company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Specialise in tax credit communities. Management not keen on training new employees. Very hard to get things done with upper management
Maintenance Sup' (Former Employee)
Maintinenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 25, 2015
At first this company seemed promising however in the short few months of them taking over these properties it was a major cluster ****. It was very difficult to work for ethically and ultimately embarrassing as an employee and to the tenant. No tenant (especially the elderly) should have to wait for needed appliances that broke including refrigerators, AC units and stoves. HKP basis all needed repairs on money and on its own timing. Under my tenure several tenants waited as much a 2 weeks for replacement items. It was humiliating as an employee to see a tenant suffer and is a reason why more than a dozen tenants vacated in the short time there. There was a large amount of pressure as the maintenance person does it all including painting, make ready units and more...all without OT. There were inquisitively several upper managerial changes and the local PM they hired was clueless and unequivibically non supporting to staff or tenants. As a certified HVAC-EPA seasoned maintenance guru, I originally had high hopes for this company. If you seek growth and a strong caring company you will want to seek elsewhere. There really are much better opportunities. Keep your chin up and the tools turning.
Pros
Benefits, work alone most of the time
Cons
Local level staff, no support, care for tenants
great summer job
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2015
Great summer job . Great growing experience and the camp itself is amazing. I was a camper before i transitioned onto the staff.
Pros
compensation
Cons
None...
Fun Workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 9, 2014
Fun Workplace enjoy doing my job improve occupancy a typical day a work I learn to work as a team my management skills were great everyone work well together my hardest part of my job was getting on the same page the most enjoyable part of my job getting to meet knew people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
little supervison
Multi- Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2013
HKP gives litter supervision which was great. They trust the employees to work hard.
Pros
fun people
Productive and fun
Property Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2013
Fast past and never dull moment. Support VP and 6 Regional Mangers
there are better companies out there than HKP
Apartment Maintenance Service Technician/ Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2013
there are better companies out there than HKP the people in this organization are really not out to help people there out to screw who ever they can from residents to employees

2.9