Herman & Kittle Employee Reviews

bad management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southgate, KYNovember 21, 2017
would not buy supplies to fix residents apartments people without ac for over a year .for a 10 year old property was really run down .management locked front door and would not answer phones .for residents
Long hours and low pay traveling
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2017
I worked many long hours every week with low salary. I traveled all over the United States. It was too hard to use any vacation days. You often had to work holidays
Pros
security
Cons
salary
good company
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2017
very reputable organization. They are a good LIHTC company. they have good processes and procedures and departments to back up the needs of the site staff
Love it here
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 3, 2017
I really enjoy my job and love the people I work with. The benefits are great, very generous paid time off and definitely a lot of room for career advancement. Everyone has each others back especially upper management. The upper management at HKP don't mind to get their hands dirty. Great Company and love it here!
Pros
Paid time off, great benefits and management. A lot of training available!
Cons
A lot of reports
Productive Work Enviornment
Property Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
This company has a lot of properties. Large company and has different entities that allow for growth opportunities. Most senior Management are males.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Mostly in Rual Areas
stressful
Floating Property Manger (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INJune 20, 2017
Herman Kittle is a very good company to work for, but sometimes it can be very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the customers and being able to help them.
Upper Management horrible
Property Manager, HCCP (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 14, 2017
Upper Management was horrible!! Do not care about their employees. After working there for almost 5 years, myself as well as my staff were treated very poorly. They put their residents through a very rough time during very extensive renovations. It was horribly planned and the residents should have NEVER been expected to live in them while they were being renovated. Upper management did not care and did nothing about it.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
I loved working with all of the prospects and current residents! Its great to build relationships with them all and become somewhat friends! Our team worked very well together!
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
main. issues
Ok if your in between job's.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 30, 2017
The PTO time is good, and I like working with my property manager, but the pay could be better for the guys that do all the work. They keep all the money at the top and don't want to pay the people that actually take care of the property. They will soon learn good help is hard to find....
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Horrible pay
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHMay 21, 2017
Enjoy going to work everyday!! I love working with my Boss, we make a great team together. I also deal with the tenants in the apartment complex some good, some bad, but majority are good!!
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
N/a
Good company but could improve
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2016
Herman & Kittle has a lot of good qualities. It also has some trouble areas. The PTO policy is very generous, there is a good 401K, fair health insurance--insurance is good but deductible is high.

There is excellent opportunity for growth. They believe in promoting from within.

For the site level employees the life/work balance is good. It is a lot different for the Regional Managers on up.

Senior Management is reasonable, accessible and very friendly. They never make you feel intimidated. You can speak openly and honestly to them without fear of retribution.

The pay is a little low.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Pay is a little low
Awesome opportunities to work with some great people.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2016
Just a great place to work. Great opportunity to with with and for nice people. Would highly recommend Herman and Kittle Properties as an employer.
Pros
Great family atmosphere.
Cons
None to speak of.
Slum lord
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 12, 2016
When you go too work for a company like Hkp. You lose money, instead of making money. The only ones that are making anything. Are the ones who are closest to the owner of the company. You kill yourself while trying to get everything done with what you got. For what. just so that someone else can take the credit. Oh by the way don't think for 1 minute they care.
To many Chiefs not enough Indians.
Horrible place to work
Former Propery manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka KansasMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work. Worked as a Manager and they want nothing but a Slum Lord. Upper Management is the worst. Company does not care about their properties, their Residents nor their employee's. Stay away!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not what I expected
Assistant Property Manager/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2016
I have only been at this job since August of 2015 It has gone thru several manager changes, as well as no one Is not on the same page to try to accomplish one goal. I think if they work better in trying to communicate with their employees and making sure that EVERYONE understands their job duties and what is expected from them, that this job would be a lot better.
Pros
My immediate boss is a great teacher
never a dull minute
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2016
never know what coming your way as a tax credit manager. From a resident crying on your shoulder to be sitting at the court house with a eviction.
with all walks of life we are created the same. Rich or poor. Hardest part of the job rent collections and evictions. Moving some one in they give you a hug because now they are not homeless.
Pros
great vaction benifits
Cons
health care insureance not so good
Overall a good place of employment
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 15, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers as a team. I enjoy the opportunity to work with the public. I enjoy the team enviornment there.
Lacked Leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
I again was doing what I loved to do which is working with people and helping them find the right place for them, however there was not a strong leadership presence in the office which in return lacked no real team players.
OK company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Specialise in tax credit communities. Management not keen on training new employees. Very hard to get things done with upper management
Maintenance Sup' (Former Employee)
Maintinenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 25, 2015
At first this company seemed promising however in the short few months of them taking over these properties it was a major cluster ****. It was very difficult to work for ethically and ultimately embarrassing as an employee and to the tenant. No tenant (especially the elderly) should have to wait for needed appliances that broke including refrigerators, AC units and stoves. HKP basis all needed repairs on money and on its own timing. Under my tenure several tenants waited as much a 2 weeks for replacement items. It was humiliating as an employee to see a tenant suffer and is a reason why more than a dozen tenants vacated in the short time there. There was a large amount of pressure as the maintenance person does it all including painting, make ready units and more...all without OT. There were inquisitively several upper managerial changes and the local PM they hired was clueless and unequivibically non supporting to staff or tenants. As a certified HVAC-EPA seasoned maintenance guru, I originally had high hopes for this company. If you seek growth and a strong caring company you will want to seek elsewhere. There really are much better opportunities. Keep your chin up and the tools turning.
Pros
Benefits, work alone most of the time
Cons
Local level staff, no support, care for tenants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herman & Kittle. Our community is ready to answer.