Herman Weissker Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very cut-throat so much favoritism
Crew Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2017
If you're good worker and you know your trade it won't matter if you're not part of the favorite ones you won't get far in the company the Riverside yard is full of so much ego and backstab the Civil side they get all the perks and treated like royalty when the gas division gets the crumbs and gets treated like dirt
Pros
Meeting a few good workers
Cons
No lunch sometimes you can be breaking your back and the favorites will be just standing around
The employees worked together well. We treated each other like family.
Human Resources, Payroll, and Accounting (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 2, 2012
Prioritize what needed to be done that day and take care of whatever comes your way concerning payroll, human resources and accounts receivable.
I learned to be very patient and accepting of change.
The employees were always more than willing to help each other when needed.
We were one big family.
A very good company with good ethics
CAD operator/designer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 18, 2012
Very relaxed atmosphere where co-workers worked together to meet critical deadlines when necessary. The company works with an honor system whereas we put in four 10-hour days per week but the hours were not critical and flexible.

I learned a great deal with respect to the "electrical" side of engineering vs. the civil side I had worked with before. We had inner-office communication to learn short-cuts for Autocad, design standards, etc. I liked the communication and the team work.

There were many perks such as pot luck lunches, after hour activities such as k-1 racing, summer BBQ and Holiday parties that made us employees feel appreciated.

Co-workers were generally easy to work with, with exception to several "clowns" - but, this happens with most work places and one has to learn to work around or away from the problem people.

The hardest part of the job would be what seemed like unreasonalble deadlines, or picking up a job that another co-worker may have started and not progressed well, and then it became my responsiblility. This is also good, in the fact that management felt I had what was needed to get the job completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was just walking into work each morning, because I truely loved going to work. It is unfortunate that cutbacks were made because of the economy and there were several of us that were let go.
Pros
four 10-hr days per wk., flexible hours, honor system
Cons
cannot honestly think of any cons.