HERMES

HERMES Employer Reviews

relaxed pace of work
Courier (Former Employee), Wishaw, SCTJanuary 18, 2014
once arrived at the depot I would get a trolley full of parcels for my area, I would have to scan and sort them into a route of my preference, load them in to my car and also hand in returned parcels. off I went on my daily route. taking parcels to customers homes get them to sign for them and onto the next house
Okay work place
Courier Driver (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: finish early
Cons: not enough money, no paid holiday, finding your own cover, no fuel allowance. self employed
My work day starts off with a delivery driver delivering parcels to my front door once took all parcels in my house i scan them in to my HHT (hand held terminal) then sort parcels in to piles of areas and put them in the vehicle ready for delivery. then i got to my starting point deliver all my parcels within two to three hours, then i go home and have – more... the rest of the day to myself. – less
self employed
Self-employed courier (Current Employee), South EastJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no holidays
self employed courier, I cannot review Hermes as a company to work for because I am self-employed. I work alone and have no cover if I am sick or want a holiday. On the bonus side its nice meeting new customers and I have made a lot of friends.
Appalling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 9, 2013
Hermes deceiptfully and willfully lied to me at my interview. They offered me certain times & days and in good faith i terminated my contract with my current employer at that time. Upon starting with the company, Hermes said that the interviewer should not have offered these hours or days and these were not actually available. They also said the job – more... was a temp contract and not permanent again very deceiptful and just a load of old lies esepcially as i just left a company and had i known this before hand wouldnt have left.
The management (If you could call them this) were young "Kids" with no actual management experience floating around the office thinking they are the something that they are not. Not a clue of how to deal with their staff.
NO ongoing training but quick to point out faults but not happy at providing assistance in helping you when needed.
Any way, SOLICITORS now in process of drafting up documentation for "Breach of verbal contract".
****AVOID THIS COMPANY UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES****

Please note i did meet some lovely people there – less
Hard nights work
Night Loader/Parcel Sorting (Former Employee), WesthoughtonDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: working nights
Started work at 8pm once you start you don't stop very fast pace enviorment sorting and scanning parcels.
Fun and creative
Delivery Person (Former Employee), Hounslow, ENGOctober 24, 2013
Pros: i could start when i wanted
Cons: long hours
i had to travel around in a van and deliver peoples goods it was very tiring however i learned how to work independantly and in a team the hardest part of the job was finding adresses and the easiest part was scanning items and letting people sign off their items the most enjoyable part was making new friends
Through Agency - Underpaid.
Warehouse Operative/Supervisor (Former Employee), West ThurrockAugust 30, 2013
I was always chasing up money that was owed to me and was working 12-13 hour shifts and not getting paid for them.
mundain
DISPATCH DRIVER (Former Employee), leedsAugust 22, 2013
Pros: nothing
poor management--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Depressing work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), nuneatonAugust 8, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: where to begin??
A typical day at work consicts of having to do other peoples work for them, while they mess about.
What ive learnt from there, I could write on the back of stamp with a bingo dotter.... Not alot.
management, most are ok.
Your co workers are mostly useless lazy people that expect you to do your work and theres.
The hardest part of the job is putting – more... up with every useless person that works there.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is home time. – less
really enjoyable place to work and keep fit at same time
night loader (Former Employee), Bridgend, WLSJuly 10, 2013
Pros: dicount from all our clients
Cons: long night shifts
my typical day in work would be unloading lorries with parcels from several different catalogue then sorting all the parcels according to where they were to be delivered to different areas and at the end of the shift load the sorted parcels onto lorries ready to be delivered to the customers whilst at the company i done manual handling courses as well – more... as learning the new scanning gun operation and downloading the guns during the shift ready for use with different clients. whilst employed with hermes i had a very good working relationship with all the management and my work colleges many of whom i am still in regular contact with. the hardest part of my job was the loading at the end of the shift the job was extremely physical and heavy lifting it was also the most enjoyable to as you would be working as a team and helping each other out i have earned many life time friends from working in that enviroment – less
Bisy and mind challenging
courier (Former Employee), croydon areaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: could work around my life at home
Cons: long hours driving
Typical day started with the bulk delivery of parcels ranging in size and weight. I would then have to scan everyone onto a hand held device and place them in order to deliver.
Then i would have to plan out my route and deliver on time.
working with hermes i leared to deal with the organising my parcels to which was priorate.
the most hardest part of – more... my job was trying to navagate my round.
the best bit about working as a courier was the being out and meeting new people. – less
Enjoyable and Flexible
Courier (Former Employee), bradfordMarch 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be, I would go to the parcel depot early in the morning (7-8am) to pick up my parcels. I would scan each parcel using a courier HTT machine; the parcels would need to be ordered into the route i would find most comfortable.

The day before I would recieve calls from customers inquiring about a parcel or if they have one to – more... return. I would list these down on a notepad and take that to work with me the next day to remind me and keep on track of my progress.

The average number of deliveries around febuary/march time is 40-50 a day. But at Christmas time i would recieve around 80-90 a day. I worked hard to attend all deliveries to satisfy customers and finished work around 5-6pm starting at 9am.

What I like best about the job is because I am self employed, I can choose the hours I work and it is very flexible. But I do have a certain time where I cannot deliver after. – less

July 4, 2013

Hi mate just want to ask u about the payment. How much hurmes pay for each parcel. Thank you.

Not a good place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), WarringtonFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: sporadic shift patterns, poor hygiene, no prospects.
Hermes was a very poor working environment. Shifts are often irregular and on many an occasion you will be asked to come into work and then sent home before this shift begins as you are not required. Hygiene is explicitly poor, there were maggots living inside the lockers. The job itself is not very rewarding and career prospects are non-existent.
being outdoors,love driving.
courier (self employed) (Former Employee), notts/derbysFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: .being self employed
Cons: wear and tear on my own vehicle
recieve and scan parcels ,sort into areas ,with hht(hand held terminal) deliver to customers and also to collect items to be returned to company . I have good communication skills,a very good knowledge of local areas. did not see my supervisor or other couriers on a regular basis. poor weather was a negative. having worked for this company 26 years – more... i enjoyed the outdoors. – less
good staff on shop floor to work with
supervisor (Current Employee), NuneatonFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
start shift with a team meeting
try to achieve targets set by management
I became a flt instructor and manual handling instructor
great people to work with
hardest part of my job was reaching targets
most enjoyable part was reaching targets
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), WesthoughtonFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
I learnt a lot from working here, i got to meet new people, and learn more warehouseing skills.

It was hard work but i just got on with it.
friendly enviroment
courier (Former Employee), chapelhallJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: getting to know the customers
Cons: heavy work
started at 8.30 counting parcels and checking paperwork on the amount of parcels to be delivered and collected. Dealing with customers complaints, also helping other staff out if needed. the enjoyable part of this job was getting to know people.
Nice people but not cost affective
Parcel delivery driver (Former Employee), BirminghamJanuary 16, 2013
Job was self employed using own car petrol ect which did'nt work out to be cost affective although i really enjoyedthe job and people
Nice job but hard to get a break
Self employed courier (Current Employee), East MidlandsJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: own boss, flexibility.
Cons: no time off, cost of fuel.
I have been a Hermes courier for 11 months and do enjoy meeting people and driving around the countryside every day. However, being self employed makes it very hard when you need time off as you have to find your own cover and that's not easy so I haven't had a holiday for a long time and that's not nice for my family either.
Fast paced working environment.
Team Manager Customer Service (Current Employee), LeedsJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: expanding company
Cons: seasonal peak activity at end of year
The work is demanding but very rewarding with every opportunity to progress and develop.
The benefits are good.