Hero Practice Services Employee Reviews

The mission is what keeps me going
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  KansasDecember 9, 2017
I am a current employee with this company. While there are things I would like to see improved around the office, I love what I do. I have been with this company for a while and I don't plan on leaving. Our mission is the main focus for most of us and if you stay out of the office politics and worry about yourself, it is quite rewarding to be a part of it all. Management believes in the mission overall and keeps it at the forefront. In the medical field there is a normal amount of turn-over. But with our fast paced environment, that can sometimes feel amplified because we feel the pain when even one team member is gone. To be honest, its not for everyone. You can't be in your phone all day, you have to be there on time, you need to be accountable for your time management and attitude. Also, it takes a lot to work with children in general, and its hard to see toddlers with extensive visible decay because their parents never knew it was important to care for baby teeth, or a pre-teen who has never been able to see the board at school because their parents never knew they should have their eyes professionally checked. But thats why we are here. To educate parents and patients so they can improve their quality of life for the rest of their lives. Its a lot some days. But when you put the patients first and remember what you are there for, it makes the long days worth it.

Some overall pros and cons are:

PROS: Average pay, rewarding feeling of helping children, decent office culture, bonuses, incentives, lots of benefits (401k, PTO, dental, vision, in house benefits, short
  more... term disability, long term disability, life insurance, dependent daycare account, flex spending, accident insurance), 7 paid holidays a year, most team members/ management genuinely care, and parents and patients are overall grateful and appreciative.

CONS: We see kids so you are expected at work anytime kids are out of school, good work/life balance can be hard for some, seasons with long hours (spring break, back to school, fall break, christmas break), training program needs re-structured and updated, seems to be a lot of turn over with staff when we are really busy.
Pros
Hour lunches most days, incentives, get to help children
Cons
Sometimes long hours, hard to take pto during holidays
Poorly
Vision technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 30, 2017
This job is good , but in Aurora is just busy no one has time to train you good . Supervisor doesn’t really checks on you . They want you to learn quick. Eye doctor was rude . People complain a lot a lot of drama .
Pros
1 hour of lunch, pay
Cons
No great training
Not the Best Place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 20, 2017
Not only do the people in charge (CEO and regional managers) not know how to do their jobs, but they're unaware as to how to grow a business.
They treat their employees as if they're expendable and only focus on the numbers of the practice rather than the patients that they're trying to help.
Doctors tend to treat their staff as if they're also expendable.
No system of checks and balances.
The call center is an absolute joke. No one is properly trained and the staff in the practice ends up doing the job of the call center.
Dental and vision have a serious lack of communication.
Pros
Cheap glasses, dental cleanings, hour-long lunches.
Cons
No respect, compensation is not what it should be, upper management is a joke.
Very poor lack of communication
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
-Staff makes you feel you're A Burden To Train. A lot of sighs and eye rolling when I'd ask.
-The Orthodontist is a loon And A Lyer!!
-The patients, parents and half the staff are All Uncouth!! Parents complained "There's always a New Face when we come in every month"!! And as a result didn't trust me to work on their child/children.
Pros
A lot of perks...monthly bonuses, gift cards
Cons
Staff is childish, patients have Very Poor Dental Hygiene and the parents have No Class, "The Alameda"
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2017
Very relaxing place to work. Nice day time shift. Holidays off and also paid holidays and paid time off is very nice. Although I don't think the training was long enough. Wish they would give more time in training.
Cons
Short lunch breaks

Want to know more about Hero Practice Services?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hero Practice Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5