Herrick, Feinstein LLP Employee Reviews in United States

Not a great company to work for
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 12, 2016
There is no job security; it was like jail every little thing you did wrong you never found out about until the managing partner came to tell you, not the office manager in the office but the managing partner in the NY office. No room for error here; if you aren't perfect count down the days/hours of being laid off.
Pros
Breakfast Friday mornings; Great pay; paid for parking
Cons
terrible 401k and health benefits; no room for errors; no one has your back you are basically alone
Law firm with great employee benefits
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 26, 2012
A 7 hour work day that never lacks an abundance of assignments. Dependable and nice administrative support staff
benefits
Cons
extensive micro-management
Nice place to work, great people.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2012
Working at Herrick Feinstein was a very rewarding experience, I started out as a summer floater and was encouraged by a partner of the firm to join the firm permanently. This gave me much confidence as it was my first time at a firm of the capacity. My co-workers too were always pleasant and very helpful. I have learned a tremendous amount both from my encounters with management and also with the attorneys I worked for. My workday was often times spent speaking and coordinating events/meetings with high profiled public figures, some with whom have given me accolades and guidance. I think the hardest part of the job for me was not being able to do more, as I am always willing to learn and help others. I most enjoyed when everything fell into place, especially when it was a long and tedious project and the boss smiles and say.....'thanks much for your help, now go home it's late'.
Pros
friendly yet professional atmosphere
Cons
when they took personal days away
Conflicts Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2015
Herrick is a wonderful place to work filled with passionate and friendly individuals. From top to bottom, each employee is fully engaged and committed to their role within the company.
Is close to home and a great work environment.
Mail/Copy Room (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 16, 2015
Is a very fast pace work environment, People are friendly and is very close to home, the commute is only 5 minutes each way. Place for advacement is a little difficult due to lack of Manager supervision. Manager work offsite in New York City.
Pros
commute, freeclunches and snacks on a weekly basis.
Cons
lack of free parking
Cliques abound
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Many of the people are very nice, but there are various factions within the law firm that do not get along. As a result, there is an awkward social dynamic that can be uncomfortable at times. Despite having a women's group, the senior females are not particularly great mentors to their junior colleagues.
Great place to work.
New York, NY (Former Employee) –  Network Communications SpecialistNovember 4, 2011
Great company, there is nothing bad I can say about Herrick, Feinstein LLP.
Pros
great staff, great company.
Cons
hard to move up because of company size.
Competitive Law Firm
Corporate Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 24, 2013
Herrick is a mid-size law firm which successfully competes with major NYC law firms. The work is challenging and cutting edge. Great place to learn and craft excellent legal skills.
Very fast paced desk
legal secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2013
I worked for an equity partner, 2 associates and a paralegal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herrick, Feinstein LLP. Our community is ready to answer.