Herschend Family Entertainment

Herschend Family Entertainment Employer Reviews

Creating memories worth repeating
Server/ Server Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GeorgiaJune 9, 2014
Pros: take your break in a park, walk around the park, meet cool people
Cons: short breaks, pay for food although discounted still high
I worked in the Foods department inside Marketplace restaurant near the trolley train that drives around the property of stone mountain park. I learned how to pic up a 100+pound of ice over my head and dump it into a big ice bin even when customers were all lined up outside the restaurant. Definitely not the way to go.lol. However its a pretty cool – more... place to work, the folks that work there are very cool and easy going. I never had a altercation there with anyone. The pay is not that good though. Start at whatever the minimum wage is but room for growth there all the time. The benefits are free passes to the park two tickets a month. blah. and discounted rooms on hotels within the park thats a pretty good perk. 2 free parking pass as well. and another for family but they will have to pay for entrance if they do not have that sticker. Too much work and definitely not enough pay – less
Good Company to work for great support system
Retail Supervisor Grand Village (Former Employee), 2800 W 76 Branson MoJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: support of a big company, lots of different products
Cons: company sold shops was going to have to move the theme park job
I was in charge of all 27 shops at The Grand Village. My roles included scheduling and over seeing the receiving and set up of products. I learned a lot about HR from this Company and took many management training classes.
Theme Park
Ride Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAOctober 1, 2013
Nice place to work very family type atmosphere, lots of fun, left due to stress and lack of home and family time park is open on weekends and holidays.
Amazing job
Amusement and Recreation Attendant (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great atmofier
Cons: pay
I loved working here. It had potental for carrer advancement.
They promote themselves as having Christian values, but these values don't reflect reality.
Attractions (Former Employee), Stone Mountain ParkJuly 10, 2012
Pros: discounts on merchandise.
Cons: overbearing trainers, paranoia regarding tedious/trivial details, emotional abuse, excessively long hours standing in 95+ degree weather, unfriendly. the complete opposite of their stated christian ethics, according to their employee handbook and orientation video(s), etc.
First day on the job, (after attending orientation where the company stresses how it follows the teachings of Jesus Christ) my trainer used the Lord's name in vain in casual conversation and it went downhill from there. I was subjected to a bizarre 15 diatribe (on a trivial matter while in training) by this person's supervisor after bringing this up – more... to human resources. I was told by a long time employee that people being chewed out is a common occurrence for this near minimum wage, part-time, seasonal job that is supposed to be a fun job for the summer. As a true creative professional, I was "preached" to by young "trainers" who have no experience or professional training in the creative arena. Management appears to be intoxicated with yielding power over trainees... a strong indicator of lack of self esteem and self confidence. After being hired, you find out that they work near-minimum wage employees for three consecutive 14 hour days without allowing them to sit without a note from their doctor. In short, a pathetic experience and I would not recommend working here unless you are a glutton for disrespect and unwarranted emotional abuse by rank amateur trainers and supervisors who lack management experience. – less

About Herschend Family Entertainment

Herschend Family Entertainment (HFE) makes more than a few silver dollars. The company owns and operates (or co-owns), more thanĀ 25 – Read more