Herschend Family Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Entertainment Usher and Park Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GeorgiaMarch 20, 2017
Overall, Herschend Family Entertainment was a great company to work for. I worked at Stone Mountain Park as an Entertainment Usher and Park Ambassador. There were several great benefits, such as entry to the park and access to the entertainment shows for free, participation in the Share It Forward program, discounts to other HFE parks around the country, discounts to other park services such as hotel stays and campground rentals. I loved the management team in the Entertainment department, as well as my coworkers. The training process was great and it really prepared me for the job. You do have to audition to get the job, like a performer, but as long as you are genuinely friendly and enthusiastic to help guests, it is not a difficult process.
Pros
Free entry to the park and entertainment shows, monthly passes for friends/family, discounts at gift shops and restaurants
Cons
Minimum wage, seasonal employment
Not that great of a place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 30, 2017
the hours are variable. management sucks!!! pay is not reflective to amount of work.this is a good job for high school students.
Fun Work Environment With Rides and Animals
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
A typical day at wrok is a lot if fun. The motto at Wild Adventures is "We Are Fun At Heart!" I've learned by working there that you can impact somone's life just by having a friendly conversation and creating great memories. The hardest part of the job is walking around the whole park constantly all day.
Pros
Long work hours, friendly staff, staff equality
Cons
Short breaks
Great company ethics
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 10, 2017
They have great work ethics and try really hard to make sure guest to their parks have a great and memorable time. The managers also share the same ethics as the company.
Productive, and only stressful if you make it so.
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 6, 2017
This job was a wonderful experience. A typical day was to come in earlier than called to get a good parking spot, casually prep the venue while keeping an eye on the time, go through the motion of shows and resetting, and then leaving about 30 minutes after the last show and sending in the report. The hardest part of the job was getting guests to scoot over to allow for quick seating on busy days. Thankfully, my co-workers always helped keep my spirits up and gave advice when needed.
Pros
the complementary tickets and coupons
Cons
broken up break time
Productive and fun place to work
Safety/Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 27, 2016
How can you have a bad day in a theme park? HFE is world class when it comes to entertainment and they instill their mission, vision, and core values that create strong leaders and encourage family connection.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly environment
Cons
Work and home life balance can be challenging.
Great Experience
team member (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GADecember 12, 2016
I work at Basecamp BBQ This job is a great first job if you've never had one before. Everyone is pretty much friendly. Food Service is great, they also have great food. Don't try to make friends here, go to work, do your job, and leave.
Great Culture and Atmosphere
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 27, 2016
Overall a good company to work for. Compensation is lower than other employers in the area. Good benefit package available.
low pay but opportunity to move up
lead (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 16, 2016
been here 6 years. as long as you're a valuable employee there is opportunity to move up. if you are into hospitality, i would suggest working here....
Pros
employee program
Cons
seasonal, lack of hours
Great hours, fun people, great environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 16, 2016
There was also something fun to do in the break room like water balloons, ping pong, or something on t.v. All the people there were nice and you pretty much never met someone that you wouldst had got along with. There was always great hours for you to work which was good for me because I was free most of the time anyway.The were always new people coming in and out of the park so you always would have good conversations with people that you probably wouldn't of ever met.
Pros
Free lunch, Great hours, Fun people, Free admission
Cons
Dark pants/shorts
A professional work environment which encouraged personal Growth
Production Singer and Actor (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 9, 2016
Although my resume covers a broad spectrum of means to make a living, Silver Dollar City gave me the opportunity to truly develop my craft as a professional performer. I was required to work long 8 to 10 hour shifts, but was also able to learn and improve from every show that of which we performed. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful cast and supervisors. It was all-in-all an great experience. They have offered me a returning contract for the follow season.
Pros
Park discounts, free admittance to the theme park
Cons
Missouri is a long distance from Chicago for a seasonal employment
Awesome family oriented place of work
Snow Mountain Attraction Employee (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I loved working at Stone Mountain Park. Everyone was so close and nice. We truly worked as more of a family than a team. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
Share it forward program
Cons
very cold in the winter for attractions
Very fun place to work and great learning experiences!
Farm Yard Keeper (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I learn so much about people just from talking to them and generally enjoy talking about our animals to guest and children. Co-workers are friendly and management is excellent. The hardest part of the job is being outside during the winter seasons.
Pros
Getting the chance to make more connections.
Cons
Being outside in the cold.
excellent employer
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 26, 2015
The best company to work for. It's ashame the owner passed away and the company had to be sold.On an average day I drove the company truck with my crew in vehicle to job sight. Depending on the order of the job we did everything from foundation work, leveling, waterproofing, and landscaping. Thats where I learned how to operate heavy machinery.Everyday was enjoyable because the owner always had bonuses for you daily whether it was lunch, gift cards, or just cash in your pocket.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 10, 2015
It was a great place to work, even though there were long hours. The people were great,and it was a fun enviroment to work in. The management was always around to help.
Don't bother.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Unless you really need the money don't even bother applying. Most of the staff is 18 and under and they forced us all to work 6 days a week about 12 hours a day because they are understaffed. A lot of times I wouldn't get a break until an hour or two before closing. They basically hire anyone who applies and can pass the test (which is insanely easy), so once the people get out to the job they don't care what they're doing and slack off a lot. The money is pretty good because of how many hours you have to work, but you'll NEVER see your family or have personal time. Then when the park closes you'll have to stay and clean up the guests trash which takes another hour.
Pros
Discounted park passes and tickets, discounted food and beverage
Cons
Short/no breaks, long hours, 1 day/week off, minimum wage
Can not say anything derogatory towards to this company
Restaurant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 13, 2015
They have had a great atmosphere from the time I was a customer to the time I left as a management. I wish I had stayed at the time but I was needed elsewhere.
Pros
excellent in every ways
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable
Snow Mountain Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 13, 2015
I love my co-workers enthusiasm and positivity in the workplace but the schedule is unorganized and it took them a while after hiring me to bring me in for training when I transferred positions in the park. I did learn great communication and organizational skills. I also had fun working in a team environment. The only thing I would change would be making the schedule prior to just adding dates and times without letting your team know well in advance.
Pros
free tickets and discounts in the park.
Cons
managers sometimes forget to give you a break
The attached resume details my extensive professional experience and training. If you so choose to interview me and hire me, you will not be disappoin
Merchandiser / Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 10, 2015
A typical day in the life of a buyer

I would meet with vendors 3 out of 5 days a week, studying market trends, collaborating with each vendor to develop conceptual buys that met our financial / budgeted goals. I.E. turns, margins, mark downs, exit strategies for new retail programs.

Seasonally: I would plan for two national events; National Kids Festival and the Blue Grass and BBQ event, I would also assist in planning the Fall events. All events were held in a separate venue that offered, food, entertainment, and retail merchandise that complimented a centralized theme. All events were created to enhance the overall guest experience.

We would develop floor plans within each retail venue that supported the new merchandise floor sets that were predetermined at our annual planning meetings.

I would attend 4 market trips per year to procure merchandise programs that supported all of our annual events as well as for the retail stores.

As a buyer you must continually re-invent yourself and your retail venues to constantly stay on top of market trends; through constant antithetical reporting systems. It is imperative that you understand the overall business model, guest demographic as well as seasonality to ensure success.

It is then equally important that you relay and communicate thoroughly to your support staff for a well-executed plan. It is also imperative to stay on top of each shipment to ensure "On time deliveries",

Weekly I would meet with our accounting department reviewing invoices for accountability from our vendor partners.

I have committed
  more... over 32 years as a purchasing agent for soft-lines as well as hard-lines and have learned is that if you fail to plan you are in essence planning to fail.

Excellence starts from the top and filters down; my ideal management team is one that is like a fine tuned orchestra. Each person contributes to the whole as a TEAM.
The smallest of mistakes due to the lack of communication will become the most obvious. You work hard together in completing a common goal as a team and you reap the rewards as a team.

The hardest part of the job for me is confrontation

The most enjoyable part of the job is when an actual task comes to fruition. I love seeing the new merchandise on the retail floor; I love seeing the expressions on the guest that come into shop and I especially love when the guest come back year after year because your business model has been a success.
Pros
Business perks, merit programs, Goal oriented
Cons
Corporate communication
see previously published review
VP, MARKETING, INTERACTIVE & CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
see previously published review where I talked about the culture and benefits of working for a privately held, family owned company.