Herschend Family Entertainment Employee Reviews

Great hours, fun people, great environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 16, 2016
There was also something fun to do in the break room like water balloons, ping pong, or something on t.v. All the people there were nice and you pretty much never met someone that you wouldst had got along with. There was always great hours for you to work which was good for me because I was free most of the time anyway.The were always new people coming in and out of the park so you always would have good conversations with people that you probably wouldn't of ever met.
Pros
Free lunch, Great hours, Fun people, Free admission
Cons
Dark pants/shorts
A professional work environment which encouraged personal Growth
Production Singer and Actor (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 9, 2016
Although my resume covers a broad spectrum of means to make a living, Silver Dollar City gave me the opportunity to truly develop my craft as a professional performer. I was required to work long 8 to 10 hour shifts, but was also able to learn and improve from every show that of which we performed. I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful cast and supervisors. It was all-in-all an great experience. They have offered me a returning contract for the follow season.
Pros
Park discounts, free admittance to the theme park
Cons
Missouri is a long distance from Chicago for a seasonal employment
Awesome family oriented place of work
Snow Mountain Attraction Employee (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I loved working at Stone Mountain Park. Everyone was so close and nice. We truly worked as more of a family than a team. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
Share it forward program
Cons
very cold in the winter for attractions
Very fun place to work and great learning experiences!
Farm Yard Keeper (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 23, 2016
I learn so much about people just from talking to them and generally enjoy talking about our animals to guest and children. Co-workers are friendly and management is excellent. The hardest part of the job is being outside during the winter seasons.
Pros
Getting the chance to make more connections.
Cons
Being outside in the cold.
excellent employer
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOOctober 26, 2015
The best company to work for. It's ashame the owner passed away and the company had to be sold.On an average day I drove the company truck with my crew in vehicle to job sight. Depending on the order of the job we did everything from foundation work, leveling, waterproofing, and landscaping. Thats where I learned how to operate heavy machinery.Everyday was enjoyable because the owner always had bonuses for you daily whether it was lunch, gift cards, or just cash in your pocket.
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 10, 2015
It was a great place to work, even though there were long hours. The people were great,and it was a fun enviroment to work in. The management was always around to help.
Don't bother.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Unless you really need the money don't even bother applying. Most of the staff is 18 and under and they forced us all to work 6 days a week about 12 hours a day because they are understaffed. A lot of times I wouldn't get a break until an hour or two before closing. They basically hire anyone who applies and can pass the test (which is insanely easy), so once the people get out to the job they don't care what they're doing and slack off a lot. The money is pretty good because of how many hours you have to work, but you'll NEVER see your family or have personal time. Then when the park closes you'll have to stay and clean up the guests trash which takes another hour.
Pros
Discounted park passes and tickets, discounted food and beverage
Cons
Short/no breaks, long hours, 1 day/week off, minimum wage
Can not say anything derogatory towards to this company
Restaurant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 13, 2015
They have had a great atmosphere from the time I was a customer to the time I left as a management. I wish I had stayed at the time but I was needed elsewhere.
Pros
excellent in every ways
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable
Snow Mountain Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 13, 2015
I love my co-workers enthusiasm and positivity in the workplace but the schedule is unorganized and it took them a while after hiring me to bring me in for training when I transferred positions in the park. I did learn great communication and organizational skills. I also had fun working in a team environment. The only thing I would change would be making the schedule prior to just adding dates and times without letting your team know well in advance.
Pros
free tickets and discounts in the park.
Cons
managers sometimes forget to give you a break
The attached resume details my extensive professional experience and training. If you so choose to interview me and hire me, you will not be disappoin
Merchandiser / Retail Buyer (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 10, 2015
A typical day in the life of a buyer

I would meet with vendors 3 out of 5 days a week, studying market trends, collaborating with each vendor to develop conceptual buys that met our financial / budgeted goals. I.E. turns, margins, mark downs, exit strategies for new retail programs.

Seasonally: I would plan for two national events; National Kids Festival and the Blue Grass and BBQ event, I would also assist in planning the Fall events. All events were held in a separate venue that offered, food, entertainment, and retail merchandise that complimented a centralized theme. All events were created to enhance the overall guest experience.

We would develop floor plans within each retail venue that supported the new merchandise floor sets that were predetermined at our annual planning meetings.

I would attend 4 market trips per year to procure merchandise programs that supported all of our annual events as well as for the retail stores.

As a buyer you must continually re-invent yourself and your retail venues to constantly stay on top of market trends; through constant antithetical reporting systems. It is imperative that you understand the overall business model, guest demographic as well as seasonality to ensure success.

It is then equally important that you relay and communicate thoroughly to your support staff for a well-executed plan. It is also imperative to stay on top of each shipment to ensure "On time deliveries",

Weekly I would meet with our accounting department reviewing invoices for accountability from our vendor partners.

I have committed over 32 years as a
  more... purchasing agent for soft-lines as well as hard-lines and have learned is that if you fail to plan you are in essence planning to fail.

Excellence starts from the top and filters down; my ideal management team is one that is like a fine tuned orchestra. Each person contributes to the whole as a TEAM.
The smallest of mistakes due to the lack of communication will become the most obvious. You work hard together in completing a common goal as a team and you reap the rewards as a team.

The hardest part of the job for me is confrontation

The most enjoyable part of the job is when an actual task comes to fruition. I love seeing the new merchandise on the retail floor; I love seeing the expressions on the guest that come into shop and I especially love when the guest come back year after year because your business model has been a success.
Pros
business perks, merit programs, goal oriented
Cons
corporate communication
see previously published review
VP, MARKETING, INTERACTIVE & CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
see previously published review where I talked about the culture and benefits of working for a privately held, family owned company.
dont do it
leadership (Current Employee) –  stone mountain park gaFebruary 15, 2015
The department i worked in cared little about the employees and more about getting rid of the staff using the iron fist.
Management made fun of handicap employees behind there backs
I also saw a lot of sx and age discrimination
Unless your strap for cash i wouldn't do it. Leadership targets employees they don't like. They wont coach you they talk about it but they then turn around and get a thrill went they can fire you.
One lady that hurt her back boy leadership is trying to find a way to fire her because the leaders are fools all they can talk about is getting rid of her
benefits
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 30, 2015
I worked for Stone Mountain Park off and on for 7 years- it was a great job for me while I was in high school, college and even while I was looking to start my career. I definitely had some not so good experiences with management, but all in all it was a great time in my life- I made some wonderful friends and got a great amount of job experience.
Former Employee
Attractions (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work! They pay isn't that great though. The work is not that hard, but the hours can be long and inconsistent.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay & hours
Working with a well-known area attraction, who wouldn't have fun !!
Accounts Receivable Supervisor/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MONovember 21, 2014
I was the credit maanger with Herschend and handled all corporate invoicing for ticket sales to all venues.
Many different hats were worn over the years, lots of job share with the growth of the corporation not only within accounting but with the Foods and Attraction divisions.
Hardest part of the job was lack of growth and advancement

The most enjoyable, was the interfacement with all of the various divisions and properties of Herschend
Pros
free admission to most area attractions, ye discount sales
Cons
healthcare, lack of advancement opportunities
Herschend Family Entertainment
Ride Operator, Food Service Line (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Job requires much of its employees. Customer service is number one priority. Fun place to work, build connections.
Mom and Pop Operation
Dollywood Foods Operational Manager (Former Employee) –  Dollywood, Pigeon Forge TennesseeSeptember 6, 2014
This is an old company with old ideas, but claim to want to be more corporate in structure. I learned nothing from this company and feel like it used me to get fresh ideas and then did not help me in putting the ideas in place.
Pros
no rules
Cons
no rules
Great Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 4, 2014
Stone Mountain Park a division of Herschend Family Entertainment is a fun work place that focuses on providing family friendly entertainment to guest.
fun work place you get too meet alot of people
Retail Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 11, 2014
its easy to move up in the ranks everyday is different so no one day is typical
Creating memories worth repeating
Server/ Server Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GeorgiaJune 9, 2014
I worked in the Foods department inside Marketplace restaurant near the trolley train that drives around the property of stone mountain park. I learned how to pic up a 100+pound of ice over my head and dump it into a big ice bin even when customers were all lined up outside the restaurant. Definitely not the way to go.lol. However its a pretty cool place to work, the folks that work there are very cool and easy going. I never had a altercation there with anyone. The pay is not that good though. Start at whatever the minimum wage is but room for growth there all the time. The benefits are free passes to the park two tickets a month. blah. and discounted rooms on hotels within the park thats a pretty good perk. 2 free parking pass as well. and another for family but they will have to pay for entrance if they do not have that sticker. Too much work and definitely not enough pay
Pros
take your break in a park, walk around the park, meet cool people
Cons
short breaks, pay for food although discounted still high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herschend Family Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Herschend Family Entertainment Reviews by Location