Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Employee Reviews in United States

not the best working conditions
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 24, 2016
not a friendly environment. Scheduling is a mess. bad communication, disorganization. the paycheck is not worth the stress. not a nice pace to work
Pros
great cafeteria smiles on the customers face
Cons
bad management
An amusing place to work for a time
Hershey Park Special Facilities Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 11, 2016
It can be a fun job at times, but in the recent times has been excessively demanding for little in return.The people there as whole can be half-hearted, but there are very good individuals that appear. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours that can be demanded, but there getting a chance to save people can be very rewarding as a lifeguard.
hostess (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 7, 2015
Amazing workplace with beautiful views and scenery. The most enjoyable part was working with my fellow colleagues. Supportive management team.
The Chocolate Spa
Hostess/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Chocolate SpaJanuary 12, 2013
Co workers are great, management is horrible. Management is not friendly and will have no compassion or even interest in you. It's like you are just another number there to make them money. Extreme amount of favoritism goes on here so if you kiss the right persons butt you will enjoy your job. This spa has a LARGE amount of turn around. The average employee only stays a few months before they quit, so needless to say they are constantly understaffed and you are obligated to work 6 days a week or split shifts due to 'business needs'. Work was pretty easy, guests can be very high maintenance and very needy. hours were not so good, be prepared to work every saturday and sunday and also be prepared to work full time hours and not get any benefits. Also do not think you will get a raise.
Pros
wonderful co workers
Cons
horrible management
Productive work place
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 3, 2015
A lot of hard work and great team work and supportive management. Everyday was a new experience love seeing the new and regulars come see us at the restaurant.
Overworked, underpaid.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hershey Park, PANovember 3, 2015
Okay for a first job, but the management sucks and scheduling can be a nightmare once you turn 18. Overworked and underpaid.
Productive, thorough
Guest Services - Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 25, 2015
Great company to work with, however, it doesn't have the squeaky clean persona that everyone is lead to believe. Parts of each building are disgusting. Management is catty and chooses favorites regardless of work ethic.
Laid back environment
Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 17, 2015
Working at Hershey Park was a simple job with a laid back environment that involved providing a secure entrance to the park for all guests. Management was very professional and nice, and co-workers were also nice. The hardest part of the job were very early hours and a long commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guests entering the park.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Slow days, long commute
Very fun workplace
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 22, 2015
The cast members were very fun to work with. In between shows we had great conversations and we played lots of card games. The supervisors really care about their employees as well as the jobs they perform.
Pros
free tickets tto the park, free parking, discounts
Cons
long breaks, long walks to venues.
fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 18, 2015
co-workers are easy to get along with.
the hardest part of the job is to have to sit in the sun.
the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with the guests.
Hershey
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hershey, paApril 4, 2013
Great place to get experience and grow. Lots of fringe benefits that comes with working here. Long hours during peak season for the park.
Decent Job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 19, 2012
I was a rides operator at HersheyPark for 3 years, and on a typical day...
I would clock in, then go to my "groups" meeting location for morning meeting, in the meeting we would discuss things we have done well, and things that could need improvement. Then the supervisor would ask for input from the ride ops. We would then be given our ride assignment. You are almost always working in a team environment, the only time you are by your self, is if you are at a kiddie ride, which, in my "ride group" is rare. On a typical day, I would check restraints, operate the ride, enforce safety regulations, measure kids' heights, etc...

What I learned...
I learned great hospitality skills, working well with others is key, etc..

Management...
Management is almost flawless, the only thing that could be improved is scheduling.

Co-Workers...
95% of the co-workers are awesome. I became friends with almost every person I work with, and we have been friends for years, and we will remain friends.

The hardest part of my job...
Dealing with very upset guests, can sure take a toll on you mentally. Some guests are VERY nasty, but you just have to try to do everything you can to fix the solution, and make them as happy as possible. Guests just want to be heard.

The most enjoyable part of my job...
The co-workers, the environment is fast paced, but is very fun if you WANT to be there. The guests can really make your day better, and the job is a good way to meet people, and put great experience under your belt.
Pros
job advancement, perks, co-workers, hours available, work environment
Cons
pay, scheduling
Productive and enjoyable workplace with good music
Food & Beverage Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 27, 2014
In a typical day at work we need anywhere from 100-1000 burgers and maybe other food as well. While working at Hershey I learned how to take a broiler apart and put it back together. I get along with almost all of the management and some co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when we have very large caterings and can't keep up. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is being in the kitchen and cooking.
Pros
free or reduced price meals
Good strong working enviornment and employees.
Food and Beverage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 3, 2013
its pretty basic rules to follow. Its easy to learn the things that you are being teached because the people above you would show you as many times as you need it to be tought to you until you get it. They are uplifting, not alot of drama and focused on the cutsomer and their needs or wants.i learned how to be more then just a regular clerk. At times i felt like i was running the place and even though i would not be doing double shifts while i was there you could tell the differnce. i would say the hardest part of the job was leaving especially if i had an early shift because i like to be where the action was, like the rush would come at 1 and sometimes not end until 6 or 7 at night. sometimes we had to stay open later because people would be in the line. it was a good first job and i plane to go back next summer.
Pros
free food and good times
Cons
clocking in at differnet places and not knowing where everything is located
incredible working envirnoment with amazing people
Ride Operator at Hersheypark (Former Employee) –  hershey,PADecember 2, 2012
A typical day would consist of checking in with my group supervisor to find out what ride i was in assigned to that day and breaks would have specific times. I have learned how to interact with people and how to deal with difficult situations as well as how to operate heavy machinery. My co-workers were very cupportive and were kind enough to offer help when needed. The hardest part about my job was to deal with difficult people when they had propblems beyond my control. The most enjoyable part was just my days there in general.It was an amazing job all around.
Pros
cheap lunch, great people, everyday was different
Cons
short breaks, point system
It is a fun place work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 13, 2013
On a typical day I would ensure the safety of park personnel and guests along with their property. I learned loss prevention, security, communication skills, elevated situation control, leadership skills, and to conduct myself in a professional manner. My co workers were great and many helped me learn the job. The hardest part of the job was actually the best, most rewarding and i learned the most from it. It was addressing and putting action to help and figure out the montage of calls and different requests though out the day. Many times five or six different things at once, a great learning tool for multitasking.
Pros
paid lunch, free entry to the park
Cons
security guard positions are part time
Fun summer job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 18, 2013
Working in all different types of weather, operating rides and even sitting at your ride during a storm closing. I learned how to talk to all kinds of people and how to make the best of any task given to me. Managers were enthusiastic and helping. Co-workers made the day go by fast and were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was turning down children and adults who didnt meet ride requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the guests smiling faces when they got off of the ride.
Pros
employee parties
Cons
working outdoors durning storms and excessive heat
Great and fun place to work.
Audio Technician/Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 12, 2013
This is a great company, especially the Entertainment Dept. because you get to work closely with wonderful performers, technicians, and musicians, not to mention amazing production companies! Always something new everyday, and that is what I most enjoyed about working there. Always looked forward to each new season.
Great company, treats employees well.
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 29, 2012
The marketing team I worked with was the best. There is a lot of flexibility and hands-on experiences even at a internship level. Not suprising, there is "snack-sized" Hershey treats in every conference room! CMO was a inspirational woman, who enjoyed and integrated her team.
Unjust promotions
Retail forman (Former Employee) –  HersheyparkMarch 9, 2012
Don't expect the company ladder to be kind. Favortism is a key factor there. Most managers were rude, and inmature.

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Reviews by Location