Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Employee Reviews

Nice company with nice people to work with.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 7, 2017
Easy company to work for, with nice perks, and friendly coworkers.

Has a very nice culture and a fair work environment.

Has a variety of jobs to do.
Pros
Nice people to work for
Cons
Seasonal, pay rate
Hershey was great. But overall some of the workers were very rude. And so were the guest but I could always handle the guest and they always enjoyed m
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Hershey was great. But overall some of the workers were very rude. And so were the guest but I could always handle the guest and they always enjoyed the way I didn't scream or tell or even think of raising my voice at them. I'm always nice and respectable. But some of the employer's were nothing like me. Some of the managers were very mean and disrespectful. But over all Hershey is somewhat of a good establishment to work at
Pros
Decent pay for an entry level job after including free park tickets, it's a good job for people out of high school, the company has a great Moto to live by, my work environment is clean, it was a good experience working there because I got to meet snd work with so many people
Cons
Not much room to grow, they could pay higher wages for the amount of work they expect from each employee, management is more consumed and concerned about the product then their workers, heat, rude supervisors
Fun atmosphere and life long friends
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 1, 2017
For work, my typical day starts with clocking in and going to get the money for the day. I then go to my stand, count the money, and start setting up the stand. I have to turn on all the equipment, set up the patio supplies, and start the food. Then as the day begins and the stand opens I have to keep all the employees busy and cleaning the stand or making food/tending to the guests. I have to make sure that everything is running smoothly and that there aren't any customer complaints. If there is a complaint, I have to talk to the guest about their experience and apologize for the inconvenience of any bad service they received. I end my day with cleaning the stand and making sure that everything in the stand is clean and in compliance with all rules and regulations.
Pros
meeting new people, guest interaction
Cons
short break (if able to)
Okay first job
Games Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 25, 2017
This is a good first job for a teenager. It's best for a first timer looking for a summer job to get a hang of working and customer service. Would recommend to many.
From a long time empolyee
Amusement park worker (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. Management is nice and the co workers are easy to get along with. Nice perks and decent work. Would recommend to other people
Pros
Good life work balance
Cons
Seasonal not high pay rate
Great company
Hershey park (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 17, 2017
It's a great company to work for you meet alot of good people and the company is very helpful to beginner workers. They are understanding and patient
Fun place to start working
Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 15, 2016
They ask you to do a lot but overall is a decent place to start working every year you have a chance to move up in the ranks plus you meet new people everyday and it's easy to form friendships with other employees
Pros
Sometimes multiple breaks, don't have to be at the same spot all shift every shift, prizes you earn while working
Cons
Scheduling issues
Pretty normal place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 30, 2016
Mainly a place to get the same benefits as season pass holders. Also pretty cool appreciating the employees with parties during the year. The food in he employee cafeteria could be better.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
productive fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 18, 2016
an always moving job. makes people happy, loved the atmosphere. love working with kids. made me happy making other people happy working with this company.
Pros
fun job overall
Cons
their point system for tardies
a good first real job, not well managed from a supervisor point of view.
Ride Lead (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 30, 2016
Overall, I personally enjoyed my job at Hershey. My main issue is that any time a situation occurred, the higher ups did not really do much to help those who are out with the guests all day, opposed to sitting in an office. I very much enjoyed the interactions with the guests on a personal level, & letting them know that I actually understand their pains, and struggles, & having them understand that I am doing my best to help them in any way that I can.
hard work but fun workplace
Ride Lead (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of watching my ride operators do their duties, ensure the safety of the guests on the ride and the ride ops working, handle guest complaints, make sure everyone gets a break and minors do not violate, walking a lot and handle situations. I have learned how to manage a team, multi-task, be responsible for my actions, be a leader, operate rides, efficiency in my work, and training coworkers. Our management team recognizes excellent behavior and rewards it by promotions or other benefits. They work along with all employees. My co-workers have become some of my best friends, they make work enjoyable. They have a positive attitude and work together. The hardest part of the job is working long hours everyday. The most enjoyable is interacting with a lot of people and having fun at work.
Pros
hersheypark tickets, discounts, friends
Cons
shortbreaks when understaffed
A fun place to work.
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 7, 2016
Awesome happy people to work with..
The hardest part of the job is the weather.
Very nice people to work with.
The most enjoyable part is being with happy people.
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Weather...
Lovely place to work great environment
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 2, 2016
Try to get a job for Hershey it's great benefits and a great atmosphere to work in. With tons of opportunities!
Good people and management, unrewarding job.
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 7, 2016
The people and perks are great. The job itself is soul crushingly monotonous. You get a lot of outside people that treat you like dirt. But it was probably the most cohesive management team I've ever worked with. If everyone wasn't on the same page they'd do what they could to fix it.
Pros
Hersheypark tickets
An amusing place to work for a time
Hershey Park Special Facilities Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAApril 11, 2016
It can be a fun job at times, but in the recent times has been excessively demanding for little in return.The people there as whole can be half-hearted, but there are very good individuals that appear. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours that can be demanded, but there getting a chance to save people can be very rewarding as a lifeguard.
not the best working conditions
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 24, 2016
not a friendly environment. Scheduling is a mess. bad communication, disorganization. the paycheck is not worth the stress. not a nice pace to work
Pros
great cafeteria smiles on the customers face
Cons
bad management
hostess (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 7, 2015
Amazing workplace with beautiful views and scenery. The most enjoyable part was working with my fellow colleagues. Supportive management team.
Overworked, underpaid.
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hershey Park, PANovember 3, 2015
Okay for a first job, but the management sucks and scheduling can be a nightmare once you turn 18. Overworked and underpaid.
Productive work place
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 3, 2015
A lot of hard work and great team work and supportive management. Everyday was a new experience love seeing the new and regulars come see us at the restaurant.
Productive, thorough
Guest Services - Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 25, 2015
Great company to work with, however, it doesn't have the squeaky clean persona that everyone is lead to believe. Parts of each building are disgusting. Management is catty and chooses favorites regardless of work ethic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Reviews by Location