Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Employee Reviews

Horrid
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 11, 2017
Awful management. People leave at an astounding rate. No praise, no raises. Managers work you to death with 10 hour days. No vacations except for christmas
Excellent first job for young people with no experience
FOOD & BEVERAGE BUILDING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 29, 2017
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an excellent first job for anyone who lives in the Hershey area. The scheduling is busy, but if you want to work a lot of hours and have little experience, this the job for you.
Patio Attendent
Patio Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 23, 2017
I cleaned up after people and made sure that condiments were supplied in any given area, answered questions and gave directions. I enjoyed co habituating with the customers for the most part, it is some of the people in charge of some areas, Mostly they were High School, College and foreign kids. Older people (mostly retired that needed extra income) One of the larger problems though was scheduling. They didn't get that I had a full time job at night.

No I did not know the CEO
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Dealing with kide that were in charge sometimes
Great summer starting job.
Special Facilities Lifeguard/Ride Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 13, 2017
This is filler because they are requiring me to write this review. It's a great job for a teenager, or someone looking to make a little over minimum wage for some solid, steady income.
fun workplace. made a lot of new friends.
hershey park (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 10, 2017
i think hersheypark is for a person who just needs money or is a young child looking to have lots of fun. the only fun part about it was that you could get in the park for free.
Pros
cheap lunches.
Cons
disrespectful coworkers.
solid job
Maintenance Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 8, 2017
High quality work environment, good staff clean, productive, positive work environment, staff informed of changes in a timely manner through quarterly meetings
Pros
clean, friendly, solid work environment
Cons
shift work hard on employees
Compensation not competitive
Security Officer, Traffic Operations (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 4, 2017
Salary is incredibly uncompetitive, even for supervisors and benefits are largely nonexistent. Mid-level managers are very disorganized making things more difficult for everyone below them than it should be.
good employer
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 29, 2017
there were honest and respectful in all of hiring process and provide best training possible for it employees but think could better with salary because receive as security guard was not good salary
good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 29, 2017
was good company to work for
love everybody work with and everybody accepted me knowing that I had disabilities and company was fair company to work for.
Great for part-time
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 28, 2017
A great first job for a teenager, someone looking for extra money, or a senior looking for something to do. Just don't expect it to pay your bills, as the jobs pay minimum wage, and there's no overtime.
Pros
Free Hersheypark tickets, Free parking on your days off, Employee discounts, Working outside
Cons
No overtime, Management plays favorites, little chance for advancement, Working outside
It’s a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 21, 2017
I made many friends and learned a lot at working at this company. They took me in and I felt like I had a second family working at the company. I appreciate everything they did for me.
Beverage Server
Cashier, Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 19, 2017
Cashier, prepare concession stand for the shift business with supplies, food and beverage stocking and maintain a clean and healthy environment; proceed to my assigned position as cashier, beverage server, or utility person, always with a smile and a warm greeting of our customers and. Upsell concession products.
Pros
Co-workers were fun and focused
Cons
Area Managers would hardly acknowledge you existed.
A great place to work as a starter job
General Cook (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 10, 2017
The entry rates for Hershey are great, but the lack of respect from some coworkers is awful.
I also had a hard time getting time off for vacations.
During some times in the year, there are no hours to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
unfair hours, hard time getting vacation
Great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 9, 2017
The days are very fast paced. They go by very fast. The guest interaction with the guests are awesome. Sometimes good and bad. You can work as many hours as you want.
Good starter job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 30, 2017
Great job for incoming high school/college students. Good pay and fun work environment. Management is easy to work with, guests are friendly, easy environment.
Pros
Good medical experience, flexiable schedule
Cons
Maintence of professional manner
A Culturaly diverse work envirement where I thouroughly enjoyed working
Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 26, 2017
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts was a phenomenal place to work and I met tons of interesting people. In addition, I got to come to work and enjoy making Ice cream every day.
Pros
Free Entry to Hershey Park
Cons
No breaks
Fun place to work , but challenging in the best way to improve my dance career
Dancer/Singer/Actress (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed my summer at Hershey Park! I learned so much about working in the dance world. I was challenged and learned how to be adaptable and quick thinking.
Friendly and easy to get along with
Seasonal Costume Character (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAAugust 8, 2017
The process to get the job was a lot simpler than most, I loved it there. Great for your first job. I was taught about teamwork and time management. The hardest part of the job was working in the heat but it made up for it when we got to hang out in the break room and play card games. The supervisors are really nice, and really helpful.
Pros
Free tickets, unlimited access to rides
Terrible pay and terrible maangement
SEASONAL RETAIL CLERK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hershey Park, PAAugust 7, 2017
Working here was absolutely awful. They paid below minimum wage and got away with it due to the fact that it was a seasonal job. They did not even value their employees - you were treated almost like you weren't really needed there, yet they were quick to have a talk with you when you called off work sick one too many times. A lot of the managers didn't even try to learn my name or learn anything about me. I do not recommend working for this company to anyone. I worked here only because it was my first job as a 15 year old.
Pros
Cons
Pay below minimum wage, worked in severe weather conditions
Fun but has it's down sides
Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJuly 31, 2017
I do a variety of jobs there I am able to cook food and also clean dishes. I can work the cash register if needes. I communicate with our daily guests and make sure they are satisfied.
Pros
Free entrance, make friends, busy, nice people
Cons
Not enough pay, if yoire under 18 you have yo pay for your lunch, schudelling doesnt know how to do their job half the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company Reviews by Location