Herzing University Employee Reviews

Stressful and unstable workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
A typical day is very stressful. The Administrative team members put very little emphasis on continuity and moral for the students and the professors.
Pros
Paid Holidays and 401k
Cons
Unstable income
Passion does not equal pay
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WISeptember 4, 2017
I loved what I was doing at this position. My immediate manager was great, we had a great team work going. Our original boss was good but was let go due to some other personnel issues throughout the company.
The hardest thing about my position was the work-life balance. Their was always something that had to be continued constantly even on weekends and holidays. Dealing with a wide student base also made my particular area difficult since I had to let go some who did not persevere.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a spot for clinical rotations and meeting possible clients and setting up meetings. That was fun and my boss was very amiable to going where he needed to.
Pros
Inexpensive massages at the massage school
Cons
No worklife balance, No compensation
Oncampus job
International Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 17, 2017
It is an oncampus job for an international student. Good job culture. Its a very good place to learn some education related concepts. Other staff in the team are good.
Wonderful place to work
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 17, 2017
Herzing University is a wonderful place to work. Very flexible work schedule, standards, very good employee training, very positive and encouraging leadership, and much more.
Pros
Wonderful work culture
Cons
Nonr
Quality Education with Dedicated Educators
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 31, 2017
Working at Herzing while studying for my degree has been great. Management stresses the importance of education, so they are always flexible when it comes to my course load.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
High employee turnover
Nice Workplace
Call Center Representative (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 17, 2017
Insurance through Ranstad is high-deductible. Hours are until 8pm which makes balancing work and home difficult. Overall I like this job, pay is fair and training is paid as well.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
High-deductible insurance
Quality school
Maternal-Child Instructor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 13, 2017
Lots of programs available to teach in. Variety of cultures/ethnic groups represented in student population. Really doing their best to provide a quality nursing program and graduate highly trained nursing students.
Herzing University is a great place to work
Nursing Professor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 2, 2017
Supportive and appreciative of staff. Learning took place on a daily basis so as to keep abreast of new evidence based practice guidelines. Hardest part of job was the fact as an instructor, your work is never done. Many additional hours spent outside of classroom. One of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had in nursing.
Family Style Workplace
Full time Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 14, 2017
Small friendly campus with a student centered mentality. Everything is readily available for a productive day. You work with professionals who are willing to go the extra mile and assist you with any tasks that need to be done.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
More vacation time.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 2, 2017
Very productive, manage student files for enrollment, scheduling and funding. I assist with each student up to the first 3 weeks of classes making sure that the student understands the blackboard format and text book sources
Stressful fast paced job environment
Educational Funding Advisor (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 30, 2017
The pay for someone just graduating college is okay. There is minimum chance for advancement. Required to work one 11:30am to 8:00pm shift per week. Health and Dental insurance is high deductible, high premium. You can take courses for free, and even obtain a degree, but you have to sign a contract to work there for 2 additional years upon graduation. The students come first to management, even before the employees.
Pros
Livable starting wage
Cons
Minimum advancement, unpaid lunches, never ending workflow
close knit family type atmosphere
Program Director and faculty (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNMay 29, 2017
This was by far the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken. Starting a new COTA program? And obtaining accreditation through ACOTE. A wonderful but challenging experience
Productive, exciting, family-like workplace
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 23, 2017
Being as it is a University, there is usually something to get done at all times. I have been employed since I was halfway through my Associate's degree, I love the atmosphere that is provided by all people involved in Herzing university. No matter where you go there is someone around to help you.
Pros
educational institution, growth
Adjunct Professor
Accounting Professor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2017
The continuous change in upper management makes it difficult to enjoy what's left of the culture. There is not much room for advancement overall. The hardness part of the job is the broken hearts of veteran staff and minimum support in general. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is the faces of the students on graduation day.
Pros
Oppotunity to help students reach their goals.
Cons
The revolving door with upper management.
A place where I began a career.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 3, 2017
I was given an opportunity to learn about the financial aid process. I met with several students: some were kind and others were snobby. Most people, both staff and students, cared only about money.
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2017
I was able to work full time while receiving my degree at Herzing University. I feel the teachers treated us with respect and genuinely wanted us to do well.
Great school, well-run and dedicated to students
Instructor - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 15, 2017
As part-time evening instructor was handsomely compensated. Best part was helping students who were working to either retrain or add to their skills; very satisfying to help those who are motivated to succeed.
Pros
Excellent pay for part-time work
Cons
Cannot think of any
Very professional, and very flexible with my school schedule
Federal Work Study - Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 20, 2017
I enjoyed working as a work study. They taught me a lot about how to use microsoft office, and writing papers.They were also very flexible with my school schedule, education is very important to me.
Great place to teach
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 9, 2017
This is a great place for first time teachers at the college level. The management is very supportive and helpful. The culture is very open to diversity.
Pretty good place to work
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMarch 7, 2017
Overall it was a pretty good place to work. Most of my fellow co-workers were very pleasant to work with and became life long friends with. Management, not so much. It is a for profit school and that is truly their desire....profit. Loyalty, seniority and commitment are not in their vocabulary. I always had some of the best student satisfaction ratings the entire 10 years I was there but was let go and not really given a satisfactory reason as to why. They have great benefits and competitive salaries but I always seemed a little on edge at the end of each semester for the last couple years there.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good compensation and benefits
Cons
Communication between management and staff/faculty was lacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Herzing University. Our community is ready to answer.