Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation Employer Reviews

A place to meet people
Service/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Hess is very well known company distributed throughout the USA in serving the population with motor vehicle gas.
At Hess employees may work in groups or individually per shift. the working environment is sometimes conducive but most of the time under the pressure of supervisors who really doesn't know what being a supervisor is.
In Hess stations, motor vehicle parts, oils, and few grocery or food, such as snacks may be sold.
Interesting and challenging projects in a fast paced environment, high visibility to senior leadership
Treasury Manager, Capital Markets (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Hess announced its initiatives to transform into a pure play Exploration and Production company. Transformation plan include fully exiting several businesses, sale of mature international assets, pursuit of a monetization of its midstream assets, share repurchase program, and increase in stock dividend. As such, there is no shortage of interesting and challenging work to help the company carry out its initiatives.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJFebruary 18, 2015
great place to work unfortunately it was shut down after all the hard work we put into it to get it back up and running after sandy poor mgt decision
It was a good place to work
Night Drill Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Seminole, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good management team to work with.
Cons: the drilling campaign was short.
I had a good time working for HESS, our drill superintendent was really nice to work for. Most of the crews were go to work with a few challenges but over all it was good.
Busy but enjoyable most days
Cashier (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYFebruary 6, 2015
It is a job where you must be able to manage your time well and multi-task. you must have lots os patients or you will not make it.
Down to earth coworkers and great customers, with a perfect location.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful customers & competitive hours.
Cons: horrible pay grade.
Overall it was a really nice environment provided by the colleagues I had. The compensation was minimal though. Its a very upbeat fast pace setting. I fine tuned my agility & accuracy to assist multiple customers quickly and to satisfaction. My managers were for the most part pretty understanding women.
Great company with unlimited earning potential. Unfortunately the commodity market shot up and pricing volatility restricted revenue/income.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: they are an exceptional company.
Cons: the energy/commodity market was at a historic high and extremely volatile.
It was my decision to leave as the commodity market became extremely volatile. Industrial users credit limits were restricted due to the upside risk. The credit risk and inability to show savings greatly reduced the RFP's that could be bid on and/or won at that time. Even credit worthy clients would not move from their current supplier over a $.005 per measurement savings as it was not worth it to them to renegotiate contract terms with a new supplier/provider and make a change.
It was apples and oranges
Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day at Hess was always an exciting and new day. Each day I meet different people from different places which made the job enjoyable at all times. My management team was awesome they were very welcoming and friendly. I love going to Hess any day not just work days. The hardest part of the job was the day I had leave for good.
A productive, happy enviorment but poor pay.
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), summerville, SCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: they taught me new things.
Cons: poor pay and dealing with angry customers
I stocked shelves, ran the register, and did maintenance outside. I learned to run a register, which is a new skill for me. My co-workers and I all got along. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers, but I always kept calm. I enjoyed working in general and learning new things. I just wish the pay was hirer.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Masaryktown, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: residents, management...etc
Cons: the deaths of patients
I absolutely loved working for this owner. She treated everyone like family. The residents that I took care of can be a little demanding but overall very sweet people. The hardest part of the job, was when we lost residents from passing away. The most enjoyable was the excitement you would bring them from the simple things in life. For instance, birthdays, holidays, or even just because you went shopping and seen something that they just might like.
Highly productive and fun place to work
Oil Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJ 07095December 6, 2014
Pros: great productive motivating attitude, always keep you thinking about how to improve processes further
Cons: both outsourcing and divestiture lead to loss of both my positions
A typical day at work always kept you busy and resolving new issues that came up
Learned many things including, SAP, Cognos, Macros, how to reconcile various accounts and also how to provide support to other departments to get all issues resovled most effeciently
Retail Management
General Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJDecember 2, 2014
fast-paced work environment. There is a lot required of the typical manager. Co-workers are very helpful as far as peers go. There is a large time requirement for a successful operation. Advancement is possible.
Enjoyed Position
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: constantly having a task to complete
Cons: overnight schedule
Great coworkers with fast paced work environment. Interaction with people at a constant pace. Easy going managers, very well relatable
Productive and Nice workplace
Global Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nice dining facility
Cons: not much job security
It is a nice company to work with.
Very flexible hours
Great Management
Nice Envirement
JOB IS EASY MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE
Procure to Pay (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: management
I have been a contractor at Hess for about a year and the work is very easy, however the supervision and management are horrible. There is no communication and lots of unfair treatment. There is a lot of drama and people who are in position to stop the drama are the ones stirring it up. Would not suggest a long term career at Hess unless you enjoy daily cat fights. This company grew very fast and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I will be glad when my contract is over.
Hess Corporation
Global Supply Chain Associate - Category Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Hess Corporation is a company that has a great working culture. I have learned much about the Oil & Gas industry and gained valuable insight into supply chain best practices and principles.The most enjoyable part of this position was working as a team in order to gain advantages over our competitors.
Great Company to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJNovember 11, 2014
Great benefits, salary and work/life balance. Unfortunately the company closed the facility.
Positive and productive work place
I/E Field Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Tioga, NDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: company truck, cell phone, benefits from day 1.
Daily scheduling of emergency work orders and reglar scheduled work for I/E Field Maintenance. Reviewing of work orders and data input plus timewriting in SAP. Cost and budget analysis reports and material ordering. responsible for implementing SOP's , KIP's and Socratic Problem Solving objectives. Implement training for employees and driving excellence for work worker compliance matrix.etc..
Great Job, Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 7, 2014
I moved up to management quickly in this company because they can see when someone can do the job and is willing to work for it. Even when I went to the headquarters in New Jersey I found that corporate worked as hard as we did and had fun doing it.
Collaborative Work Culture
Petroleum Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Helpful work environment, ability to speak with upper management, recognition for hard work

1 2 3 4 5

About Hess Corporation

Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities. We support continuous learning and development. At – Read more

Hess Corporation Photos