Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for, going in a different direction
Manager, HR Service Delivery (Former Employee), WoodbridgeApril 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Compensation
Cons: No flex-time
Excellent learning and collaborative environment. Recognition for job well done.

Company recently divested all downstream businesses leading to a large culture change.
Interesting workplace with excellent coworkers
Cost Control/Project Services Technician (Former Employee), Minot, NDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: Not enough work, lack of overall department organization
My job required me to manage many special projects and provide updates on a daily basis. I learned how to use SAP and Microsoft Access and enjoyed my coworkers. The most difficult part of my job was not having enough work to do, resulting in a lot of unproductive time. The most enjoyable part was learning how to use new databases and my coworkers.
I gained a vast amount of new experince working at Hess.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Gaining experince in new feilds.
Cons: Business closed, ending employment
Working for Hess was a exciting learning experince for me. Mr.Hess gave me the opportunities to learn many new areas of the trade while under his employment
working with people
Gas Station Attention (Current Employee), Bayville, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not bein told thank you and knowledge on my work.
A regular day of work would be clocking in and getting right to business, everyday brought something new to the table, my knowledge and help better learn and understand things i didnt know off. YES there is hard days but it helps pressure me into knowing that i can have bad and good days and cope with them.
deputy Finance manager
Accounting specialist/Deputy Finance manager (Former Employee), egyptApril 5, 2015
Pros: great job
Cons: not safe country
prepare all financial report for Egypt and report to management. Train and coach 6 accountant in country and prepare all joint venture billings.
They gave us trailers to observe crew at work, saved on fuel
Well Site Manager (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: paid well
Cons: did not always follow their own guidelines
Company was decent, paid well. Watched 1 rig. Texas management was alot better than in North Dakota. Overall HESS is a decent place to work.
ok for the time being
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mamaroneck, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: you have to stay on top of your position because every position is just as important as the next
Cons: to get a increase in pay. its the time you spend, not the work you do.
its a good start to build a business to customer relationship. From the entry level you are hands on. looking for an opportunity is hard but t get experience is great.
Manager Global Network Operations (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJMarch 10, 2015
Hess treats their employees very well. There is xxcellent balance between work and personal life. Great benefits, great place to work.
Fun place to work for
General Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2015
Productive and a nice organization to work for , what really stand up @ HESS is the diversity of the people working for the company.
fun easy job with cool customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 6, 2015
hess which is now becoming speedway was a good company . Fun co workers and customers. Only bad I would say is could give their employees more pay raises
nice place to work
Data Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Everyone was nice and accomodating.It was a bit of a treck from the park and ride drop-off though.
A place to meet people
Service/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Hess is very well known company distributed throughout the USA in serving the population with motor vehicle gas.
At Hess employees may work in groups or individually per shift. the working environment is sometimes conducive but most of the time under the pressure of supervisors who really doesn't know what being a supervisor is.
In Hess stations, motor vehicle parts, oils, and few grocery or food, such as snacks may be sold.
Interesting and challenging projects in a fast paced environment, high visibility to senior leadership
Treasury Manager, Capital Markets (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Hess announced its initiatives to transform into a pure play Exploration and Production company. Transformation plan include fully exiting several businesses, sale of mature international assets, pursuit of a monetization of its midstream assets, share repurchase program, and increase in stock dividend. As such, there is no shortage of interesting and challenging work to help the company carry out its initiatives.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJFebruary 18, 2015
great place to work unfortunately it was shut down after all the hard work we put into it to get it back up and running after sandy poor mgt decision
It was a good place to work
Night Drill Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Seminole, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good management team to work with.
Cons: the drilling campaign was short.
I had a good time working for HESS, our drill superintendent was really nice to work for. Most of the crews were go to work with a few challenges but over all it was good.
Busy but enjoyable most days
Cashier (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYFebruary 6, 2015
It is a job where you must be able to manage your time well and multi-task. you must have lots os patients or you will not make it.
Down to earth coworkers and great customers, with a perfect location.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful customers & competitive hours.
Cons: horrible pay grade.
Overall it was a really nice environment provided by the colleagues I had. The compensation was minimal though. Its a very upbeat fast pace setting. I fine tuned my agility & accuracy to assist multiple customers quickly and to satisfaction. My managers were for the most part pretty understanding women.
Great company with unlimited earning potential. Unfortunately the commodity market shot up and pricing volatility restricted revenue/income.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: they are an exceptional company.
Cons: the energy/commodity market was at a historic high and extremely volatile.
It was my decision to leave as the commodity market became extremely volatile. Industrial users credit limits were restricted due to the upside risk. The credit risk and inability to show savings greatly reduced the RFP's that could be bid on and/or won at that time. Even credit worthy clients would not move from their current supplier over a $.005 per measurement savings as it was not worth it to them to renegotiate contract terms with a new supplier/provider and make a change.
It was apples and oranges
Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day at Hess was always an exciting and new day. Each day I meet different people from different places which made the job enjoyable at all times. My management team was awesome they were very welcoming and friendly. I love going to Hess any day not just work days. The hardest part of the job was the day I had leave for good.
A productive, happy enviorment but poor pay.
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), summerville, SCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: they taught me new things.
Cons: poor pay and dealing with angry customers
I stocked shelves, ran the register, and did maintenance outside. I learned to run a register, which is a new skill for me. My co-workers and I all got along. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers, but I always kept calm. I enjoyed working in general and learning new things. I just wish the pay was hirer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hess Corporation

Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities. We support continuous learning and development. At – Read more

Hess Corporation Salaries

$42,000 per year
Assistant Manager
$22,000 per year

Hess Corporation Photos

Creating engagement and excitement at a new location.