Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation Employer Reviews

Productive workplace environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 16, 2014
Rewards great performance. Generous benefits. Room for growth. Clear goals and strategy.
not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 9, 2014
this job may be good for some people but it wasn't for me from the beginning i did not feel as though there was significant opportunity to grow in the field
Work with money is allways serius, yuo had to be responsable, pay attention to details, and always nice and ready to act
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Naples, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good relationship with all.
Cons: not breaks, and low pay
I work with different people, race, but that not change the fact that we are working and we need to be focus on work, and costumers satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of this work is the good relationship with the others coworkers and costumers.
Nice Job
Contractor (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 14, 2014
Pros: cool work environment
Cons: stuck in traffic....
I Like working with the law department, reviewing documents and indexing.
Stagnant and incompatible workplace with strict opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oyster Bay, NYJuly 9, 2014
Underemployed position with no promotion manners and poor performance assessment
Learning oppurtunties day by day
Service Delivery Specialist/Analyst (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: growth within
Cons: knowledge transfer amongst others
I've been with Hess since 1992, starting during my last days of business school. I've been in HR, many different job, but enjoyed the experice to learn new things from payroll to vendor managment.

Working with 3rd party vendors day to day activities, tought me plenty.
11 years at the same company
Sr. APClerk/ SC Assistant/Inventory Management (Current Employee), Seminole, TXJune 26, 2014
I enjoyed my job, just ready to try something new.
I love leaving the people. I do the work of 4 people and am not compensated. That is partcially why i'm ready for a new adventure.
Great company to work for
Woodbridge, Supervisor customer oil pricing (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: this co. provide professional training
Cons: not always transparent
Employees are hard workers. Regardless of how busy we are we're able to maintain a balanced work & family life.
Great place if you love fitness
Retail Operations General Manager (Former Employee), Brockton, MAJune 4, 2014
I had great time working there, but I had to relocate. It was great working for the university.
Great management experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kings Park, NYJune 1, 2014
I learned how to be a good manager to my co workers at Hess. I was given the chance to have a lot of responsibilities.
Treated Fairly
Site Manager (Former Employee), Inverness, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: independence
Cons: instability of the staff, hard to keep associates
Good company if you are in the gas station business. Lack of associate hours.
Frustrating and dysfunctional place to work
RATHER NOT SAY (ADMIN TYPE POSITION) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: good pay/benefits
Cons: too many to list
Love my direct reports/people I work with. They are a fabulous group. However, the outsourcing in every aspect of this company creates incredible dysfunction and problems. Everything is done wrong all the time. Accounting, IT, HR for starters are outsourced creating many obstacles when having to interact with these depts. IT has come back in-house of – more... late, which has improved services somewhat.

The company grew quickly and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. There is zero centrality in function and employees worth their salt are constantly frustrated and eventually leave. – less
Very safe, productive and educational place to work
Mechanic / Laborer / Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJMay 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, great savings plan, good health benefits
Cons: having to work in all types of weather conditions
Every day started off with a shop safety meeting and review of work to be done for that day as well as other work happening through out the plant that may affect our jobs. Daily responsibilities included operation of heavy trucks and equipment, laborer work , pipefitter work as needed by the needs of the Operations and Terminal Departments. I was able – more... to receive train the trainer certifications for forklifts and aerial work platforms, an OSHA 3010 certification for Excavation, Trenching, and Soil Mechanics, OSHA 40 hour safety training, Industrial Fire Brigade training, High Angle and Confined Space Rescue training, as well as N.J. State Emergency Medical Technician Certification. The management at Hess was a group of people who have many years of experience in their fields were very approachable and had an interest in the workers point of view and opinion on different ways to increase safety and productivity. My co-workers at Hess were some of the best people in their fields that I have ever met, who I am still in touch with. They took pride in the work that they did and always did their jobs in a safe manner with the companies best interest in mind. The hardest part of the job was probably when we had to make temporary repairs due to operational time constraints and then have to go back and do the job again to make a proper fix rather than due the work correctly the first time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for a well structured company and a great group of people and a management who made it a point to let the employees that they appreciated their hard work. – less
Awesome place to work.
SR. ASSISTANT, GSC P&T (Drilling) (Contract) (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: even as a contractor management values you as part of the team.
Very team oriented and great management. Everyone worked together as a team to make sure the work was done. Management appreciates your hard work and value you as a team member even if you're a contractor.
great people
Cashier (Former Employee), Hudson, NYMay 11, 2014
A wonderful work environment. You become a part of peoples day. Everybody needs gas and who couldn't use a good cup of coffee.
Very good place to start
Gas Attendant (Current Employee), newark NJMay 4, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: no breaks
I worked alongside coworkers who were at least 20 years my senior and they were all great men. Management was cool to deal with because they didn't come outside too often. Lots of on your feet, on the move action all day. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers and the best was talking with the ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Location location location
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New yorkApril 25, 2014
Im sure not all the stores were like the one i worked at. THe particular store i worked at made the experience of working there horrible. When i relocated however my experience improved dramatically. While i wouldnt work here for years upon years it was a god way to earn some money during my summers home from college.
Very fun work enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks
Working at Hess was fun.Diffrent things to do everyday. The managers where alot of fun and make sure you had fun while doing your job.
Fast paced old fashioned workplace
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Palm Harbor, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: long hours
Store was above average in sales, used out dated software and focused more on customers than customer service with employees in mind.

Good company with lots of changes coming soon.
Refinery with all units-good experience
Sr. Electrical/Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJApril 1, 2014
Pros: good safety records and operation mangement and maintenance department with good skill staff.
Good field engineering experience in refining industry. This refinery has 70000 barrels per day crude refining units. We had good number of process engineers, project engineers and maintenance engineers. Experience and work environment was excellent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hess Corporation

Integrated oil and gas company Hess Corporation has corporate exploration and production operations in Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, – Read more

Hess Corporation Photos