Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation Employer Reviews

Highly productive and fun place to work
Oil Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJ 07095December 6, 2014
Pros: great productive motivating attitude, always keep you thinking about how to improve processes further
Cons: both outsourcing and divestiture lead to loss of both my positions
A typical day at work always kept you busy and resolving new issues that came up
Learned many things including, SAP, Cognos, Macros, how to reconcile various accounts and also how to provide support to other departments to get all issues resovled most effeciently
Retail Management
General Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJDecember 2, 2014
fast-paced work environment. There is a lot required of the typical manager. Co-workers are very helpful as far as peers go. There is a large time requirement for a successful operation. Advancement is possible.
Enjoyed Position
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: constantly having a task to complete
Cons: overnight schedule
Great coworkers with fast paced work environment. Interaction with people at a constant pace. Easy going managers, very well relatable
Productive and Nice workplace
Global Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: nice dining facility
Cons: not much job security
It is a nice company to work with.
Very flexible hours
Great Management
Nice Envirement
JOB IS EASY MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE
Procure to Pay (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 19, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: management
I have been a contractor at Hess for about a year and the work is very easy, however the supervision and management are horrible. There is no communication and lots of unfair treatment. There is a lot of drama and people who are in position to stop the drama are the ones stirring it up. Would not suggest a long term career at Hess unless you enjoy daily – more... cat fights. This company grew very fast and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I will be glad when my contract is over. – less
Hess Corporation
Global Supply Chain Associate - Category Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Hess Corporation is a company that has a great working culture. I have learned much about the Oil & Gas industry and gained valuable insight into supply chain best practices and principles.The most enjoyable part of this position was working as a team in order to gain advantages over our competitors.
Great Company to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJNovember 11, 2014
Great benefits, salary and work/life balance. Unfortunately the company closed the facility.
Positive and productive work place
I/E Field Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Tioga, NDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: company truck, cell phone, benefits from day 1.
Daily scheduling of emergency work orders and reglar scheduled work for I/E Field Maintenance. Reviewing of work orders and data input plus timewriting in SAP. Cost and budget analysis reports and material ordering. responsible for implementing SOP's , KIP's and Socratic Problem Solving objectives. Implement training for employees and driving excellence – more... for work worker compliance matrix.etc.. – less
Great Job, Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 7, 2014
I moved up to management quickly in this company because they can see when someone can do the job and is willing to work for it. Even when I went to the headquarters in New Jersey I found that corporate worked as hard as we did and had fun doing it.
Collaborative Work Culture
Petroleum Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
Helpful work environment, ability to speak with upper management, recognition for hard work
good place to work and learn Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: close to public transportation, not too busy, very nice community
Cons: have to bring or order food, cramped space
When working at a Hess Gas Station it is all about how to treat people, from morning straight to the afternoon it is a quiet place to work, and if you are a student it is a good place to earn money while learning, the boss is a person who listen and adapts to things if anything should happen such as emergencies or personal problem. usually the duties – more... working there are just being a cashier and making sure people are pumping gas right, also keeping the area clean of trash. – less
Where Shopping is a Pleasure
General Manager (Current Employee), Naples, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: the transaction begins and ends with great servive.
Cons: na
⦁ collaboratively with other departments to reach a fair resolution to problems.Collaborated with associates, department managers, and store manager on the daily operation of a store in a major grocery chain. Provided employees with tools to maintain and increase service levels and satisfaction. Gathered, analyzed, and reported daily/weekly/monthly – more... sales and service statistics.
⦁ Contributed to the increased success of a high volume, high revenue store by anticipating customer needs and providing products and services as necessary.
⦁ Interacted with customers to identify needs, field questions, and ensure a positive experience. Enhanced employee performance and attendance through daily mentoring, one-on-one discussions, and motivational strategies.
⦁ Received outstanding positive comments from team members on employee reviews, as well as exceptional feedback from senior management. – less
Great place to start a career.
Vice President, Corporate Accounting (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Excellent place to begin your career. Significant exposure to high level accounting and finance executives right from the start. Also, helped me develop a good professional network.
Excellent 10 years
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
• Provided executive administrative support to the Vice President of the Global Supply Chain department and its 12 direct reports.
• Proven skills in managing the day-to-day activities of the leadership team.
• Expense reports generation and processing / Maintenance of departmental documents (new hire on boarding, office assignments, etc.) / Recorded – more... meeting minutes and action planner.
• Booked travel arrangements (domestic and International) and assured all documentation needed for travel (e.g., visas, passports, immunizations, etc.)
• Other duties included:
o Answering high volume phone lines, prioritize and provide first level response when appropriate
o Ordering of office supplies / Support the Admin team in quarterly leadership meetings and Town halls.
o Arrange, schedule, and reserve conference rooms for meetings. / Order and clean up lunch for meetings – less
Highly productive and fast paced
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Bushnell, FLSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at this work place would be from 5am-3pm. I enjoyed my seeing my everyday customers and enjoyed working with my staff.
Family orientated company
Transition Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Hess is a nice place to work. Although it is not a family company it does have the feel of one. People are generally warm and are genuinely interested in your well-being.
very productive company
General Manager (Former Employee), tampa, flSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: sales bonuses
exelent company, management training,hardest part of the day when scheduled employees did not show for work
Management very open to innovation
Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJSeptember 12, 2014
Management open to innovation Ideas from lower level analysts are heard.
Excellent Place to Work
Help Desk Analyst/Network Administrator (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJSeptember 1, 2014
The managers and supervisors are friendly and always ready to assist. Members of the helpdesk work together as a team and look after one another.
POOR
CSS- cashier (Former Employee), Whitinsville, MAAugust 27, 2014
The job start off okay then in a short time I realized its not a true company. Its basically drama and gossip and management does not care about employees or safety basically everything was a joke. As long as the manager didn't really have to come in and the Asst. Manager didn't have to cover any shift they didn't care what happened.
With the experience – more... that I have in retail I figured pay would be better but nope I was treated like a kid right out of high school. Its really said because I thought Hess Corporation was going to be a good company to work for. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Hess Corporation

Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities. We support continuous learning and development. At – Read more

Hess Corporation Photos