Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clinton, NJJuly 28, 2015
Cons: little to no breaks
Everyone at hess / speedway was great. co-workers are good to get along with when it came to breaks for during busy hours. It was great being outside all the time except for the few occasions that you would be on register.
work day
Warehouse Worker engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: management
nice fun and very productive group of people to work with.
Always on the move and on the go doing something different.
Hardest part of the job was the changing of management every 6months.
good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cobleskill, NYJuly 15, 2015
its a great first job long hours and hard work but it was a fun job. The only downfall is that you can only advance so far in the job field.
Fast paced and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 8, 2015
My normal day consisted of nonstop customers getting gas,food,lottery, etc. This job was a little faster pace envirment due to it being a bigger store. Most of my coworkers were friendly and management was okay
A very productive company with room for advancement
"A" Operator (Former Employee), Erath, LAJuly 7, 2015
I worked for Hess CO. for 5 yrs. and Enterprise Products for 3 yrs. due to a buy out. This all took place at Sea Robin Gas Plant in Erath LA.
A friendly evrionment to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working for company and meeting new people everyday. The customer were always friendly and outgoing. I learned a lot of names because some of them would come in the store 4 or 5 times a week. The atmosphere was always pleasant. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and it was always a fun and exciting day. The most enjoyable part was putting smiles on their faces everyday. The hardest part was not having a full staff all the time.
Great Job
Site Manager (Current Employee), Multiple LocationsJune 20, 2015
Great job, mostly great people, upper management very uneasy to work with. There needs to be more opportunity for advancement.
Best Company I Have Worked For
HSE Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Safety Program
Hess is one of the best company I Have ever worked for. during my time at Hess it was proven that Safety was its Number 1 Value time and time again.
goood
Cashier (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJune 10, 2015
good company to work for. good for a high school student. coworkers tend to be scumbags. i dont know about this response.
Over night stocking...
Cashier, Over Night Clerk (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 4, 2015
Pros: nights
Cons: sometimes encountered drunk people
I was the over night worker and stocker at Hess gas station. Duties included mateniance an general running of the Hess store. The job was pretty fun, as i worked over nights.
Secure, stable and dependable income
Institutional Cook (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: No weekend
Cons: No promotions, no leadership opp, too routine...
A typical work day starts at 5 am to open the kitchen, with the morning hours preparing scratch made meals for our guests and VIPs. 11 am is the start of our two hour lunch service in which we go from cooks to servers. 1 pm to 2:30 pm is clean up and close the kitchen
Excellent Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Subsatized Lunches and 9/80 work schedule
Cons: Long Hours
Day to day life at Hess was great, a fun and challenging environment.
I got to experience the end to end life cycle of an oil company.
Our management team is a fantastic team who are all very passionate about their leadership roles.
Productive Place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Land O' Lakes, FLMay 28, 2015
Sell products to individuals, maintain a clean work environment. Management was easy to work with and understanding.
It can be very easy/hard place to work at if you cant handle all weather
Gas Operator (Former Employee), Newark,NJMay 14, 2015
Pros: Everything comes out of your pocket
Cons: No breaks really
co-workers are very sociable and works well with other. they show a lot of respect. costumers can be rude at times some are very friendly.
Cooperation and satisfaction always present
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 8, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment, friendly customers
Cons: Limited lunch period
Working at Hess really occupied my time, but it was a good occupation. There were the times where customers came in droves, and down time, but it was busy regardless. Our management and coworkers have the biggest hearts and are always encouraging each other to work hard and efficiently. Talking to the customers everyday always gave me something to smile about, and even long lines of customers didn't bother me much. Overall, I am proud to have worked for this establishment and with all of my coworkers and managers. Thumbs up!
Good benefits, politics prevail, abuse of employees
Senior Geological Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: $6 all you can eat lunch, 1:1.3 matching 401K, pension, good benefits
Company is in a constant state of re-organization. Lack of preparation of well forseen projects by the poor management there causes employees to have to work long hours and miss the target for the project. Politics and favorites are a definite part of the work climate in many teams. Management finds one person to pin all of their failures on in order to stay on top. Sexism, discrimination, and illegal practices are alive and well in the company.
Excellent company to work for, going in a different direction
Manager, HR Service Delivery (Former Employee), WoodbridgeApril 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Compensation
Cons: No flex-time
Excellent learning and collaborative environment. Recognition for job well done.

Company recently divested all downstream businesses leading to a large culture change.
Interesting workplace with excellent coworkers
Cost Control/Project Services Technician (Former Employee), Minot, NDApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: Not enough work, lack of overall department organization
My job required me to manage many special projects and provide updates on a daily basis. I learned how to use SAP and Microsoft Access and enjoyed my coworkers. The most difficult part of my job was not having enough work to do, resulting in a lot of unproductive time. The most enjoyable part was learning how to use new databases and my coworkers.
I gained a vast amount of new experince working at Hess.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Gaining experince in new feilds.
Cons: Business closed, ending employment
Working for Hess was a exciting learning experince for me. Mr.Hess gave me the opportunities to learn many new areas of the trade while under his employment
working with people
Gas Station Attention (Current Employee), Bayville, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not bein told thank you and knowledge on my work.
A regular day of work would be clocking in and getting right to business, everyday brought something new to the table, my knowledge and help better learn and understand things i didnt know off. YES there is hard days but it helps pressure me into knowing that i can have bad and good days and cope with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hess Corporation

Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities. We support continuous learning and development. At – Read more

Hess Corporation Salaries

$8.25 per hour
Assistant Manager
$10.50 per hour

Hess Corporation Photos

Creating engagement and excitement at a new location.