Hess Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Project
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I was brought as a contractor for a multiyear project. After oil prices kept low, other projects were put on hold. Hess seems to treat their employees fairly good and provides good opportunities. I just wish oil prices will climb north of $50/barrel.
Pros
Nice subsidized Cafeteria and coffee shop, paid bus passes
Cons
In my case contractors were not allowed 9-80 schedules, reporting Manager has an interesting style to manage people and projects.
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHSeptember 11, 2017
I wish this company still was in New Hampshire. The atmosphere was an amazing place to work, management was fantastic. I was working on my college degree as a massage therapist and they have worked with my school schedule. I left the company to go pursue my career.
They are sadly out of business and speedway has taken over.
Pros
Management, Team Work, Great Atmosphere
Cons
Out of Business in New Hampshire
Great Energy Company
Contractor Status (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 31, 2017
Great energy company to work for. With locations all over the world it provides many positions and locations to work for. Great staff and I had an overall great experience there.
productive and fun to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 29, 2017
Fun and productive
Nothing new
The manager was great to work for
Worked as a team
There really wasn't anything hard about it
The team and the customers
Productive place to work
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 28, 2017
Good marketing rep.good atmosphere to work ,corporate people very nice ,human resource wonderful person ,you can feel it your second home working with them
Very productive company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 13, 2017
This was my fisrt job i really did love it if it was not bought out id prob still be working their they took care of me advaced me but without a doubt more dangerous then expected
Pros
Night shift only have to deal with pple out a window
Cons
Bad customers lots of drunks
It ok company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 10, 2017
Its up to you if you want to grow with the company the you work with are friendly and helpful team player and customer and nice great work environment
Pros
Flexible with schedule
N/a
Rig Completions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 8, 2017
Hess is a great company to work for, I am looking for opportunities in Oklahoma or Texas. The reason for this is , I have 4-daughters that live in Oklahoma and I would like to spend some time with them and my grandchildren.
Late nights
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 8, 2017
I worked over nights..it was always safe and usually stayed busy. I cleaned and stocked and there was always something to do. The boss peter was always respectful and when i worked days it was always a good atmospere
hess is a great place to work
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 5, 2017
Hess is now speedway so everything I wrote for speedway you can apply for Hess. Hess was a great company, good people, great management. work kept me busy. pay wasn't great but the experience matters.
Pros
experience
Cons
no real job security
Unique energy company
Manager of the Supply and Trading Middle Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
The company has a great culture and management team that is results oriented. The benefits are good and the location in NYC is amazing. The working environment is unique.
Fun office to work
SAP PM Consultant (Former Employee) –  DakotaAugust 3, 2017
I absolutely love working at Indeed. Not only is my team collaborative and supportive but the entire company is as a whole. Our company has a strong sense of community that is felt in every office globally.
seemed good at first
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2017
seemed like a good job at first but management is extremely poor doing what they personally want not following any business practices and upper management doesn't care about anything said or done by their managers and just take everything said and questions nothing
Pros
ok pay
Cons
don't expect to advance in position
Awesome
Minot, ND (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 7, 2017
Great company to work for it. Had great people great benefits great hours great management great communication over all of it was one of the best companies I've worked for
Laid back environment
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 4, 2017
The company provides a relaxed atmosphere. Too laid back in many cases. Many full-time employees rely on contractors to do the bulk load of work. At times, it was difficult to get folks to do their jobs because of lack of accountability. However, I do feel that I was paid fairly for the work I performed and would consider working for Hess again in the future.
Lots of re-organizations, overall not too bad
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TXJuly 3, 2017
In the 6 years I've worked for Hess the company as a whole has had 2 re-orgs (lay-offs and swapping people around without giving anyone a say) and 2 in my department alone. Pay is competitive and the working environment varies depending on whether you work in field or corporate. Can be very relaxed or overly stressful.
Challenging career with many ups and downs
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TXJuly 3, 2017
Have moved to a different Corporate structure that is challenging and fun. Direct contractors and imbedded personnel to the next work order needing to be accomplished. Build an integrated weekly schedule and up to 90 day look aheads. Currently, we are cleaning up our SAP system which is time consuming and tedious. Learning new tricks in SAP and it's capabilities is the most enjoyable part of the job
Good Company to Consider for Employment
Senior Supply Chain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
Company perks included on-site cafeteria, Starbucks coffee bar, and newly added company gym all at reasonable prices. Pension and thrift programs were also a plus.
Dont waste your time
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
Unless you're a manager, don't waste your time here. Very top-heavy and management has no clue as to what the operations personnel do to make the company money.
ok
Reliability Operator (Current Employee) –  North DakotaJune 24, 2017
Good place to work. The only reason I would leave Hess is to try and get back into trucking. They provide a good life work balance, which is uncommon in the oil fields.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hess Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.