Hess Corporation

Hess Corporation Employer Reviews

The Hess way
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mamaroneck, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: its hot dogs or some other microwave junk
I Loved working here it maybe it was the staff I was lucky to be around if you want to work hard and have fun while doing it this is the place for you
Productive and fun place to work.
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee), Mamaroneck, NYAugust 19, 2013
Pros: hess was very sympathetic to their employees.
Cons: however my shift was 2-10 and my train didn't come until 11.
Enjoyed working with this company, it was a very busy environment, the people are nice but my biggest challenge was the lottery tickets the person gave me the wrong numbers and was extremely rude assuming they would have been charged for an error, trying to explain not to worry that the manager will assist,she really over reacted but she left happy – more... and peacfull store. Really enjoyed working on holidays always like being with family as they treated you .As for my co-workers some where great but i had one person gave me wrong instructions, the customers and employees enjoyed my energy and work abilities and this particular person try really hard to have me fired. – less
Changes
IT Service Delivery Team Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great facility
Cons: very political
It is a small knit family type of business however a lot of politics involved.
A company that lost it's way long ago.
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: there is still a 401k with a 6% match, that is about it
Cons: 60 hour work weeks, poor treatment and benefits
-Management is hapless and disengaged
-Company spends as if it is going out of style then wonders why they are not solvent
-Merchandise cost must rise every year to cover the rampant spending
-Overall sales volumes have fallen +20% in less than 7 years
-Bonus structure is set up so that mid-level managers are compensated based upon merchandise margins – more... that they had no control over
-Stay clear of the Hess Corporation! – less
Typical Convenient Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 3, 2013
Pros: pay, management very lenient, healthy atmosphere.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Interned
Tax Intern (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 30, 2013
I wasn't here long, but wouldn't mind working here again. My colleagues we great and working here felt like a family in the short time I was here.
Fortune 100 company
Team Leader (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 30, 2013
Hess a Fortuneā„¢ 100 company, is a leading, global, independent, energy company that values their people as greatest assets and key players in providing exceptional services to customers.

I joined Hess in 2000 as software developer, implemented various challenging B2B projects as software developer to currently working as Team Leader. Learned lot about – more... project management, people management and business processes by working with various business group and senior management.

Hess is fun place to work where you can find perfect work-life balance. – less
to bad the refinery closed
Process operator / Console operator (Former Employee), Port Reading, NJJuly 30, 2013
it was a good place to work with a lot of good people
great pay , great hours
to bad it closed
Productive and fun people environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 22, 2013
Very attentive of customers as well as work place. I had grown very strong relationships with my customers.
Poor working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norwich, NYJuly 21, 2013
Pros: new products would come in and employees would be the first to test it out.
Cons: no breaks on any shift even if having to work a 12-15 hour shift
A typical day working for this company would be maintaining the look of the store as well as customer service. Management was not helpful when it came to employees. It felt like he/she was always putting you down and not recognizing the efforts that were put into that days work or overall working method. Co-workers were good, easy to work with and helpful – more... if ever needing help with a specific task. Hardest part of this job was adjusting to numerous managers within a year or so time frame and having to change how we were taught to do something from one manger and then have to do it a completely different way when a new manager came. My time here was most enjoyable because of both, co-workers and the "regular" customers. Some days were made better because of the people, whether it was a joke they told or compliment that was given. After having left the company, on occasion I still run into some of the customers I used to see and they would always say I was missed. For me that is a great accomplishment and acknowledgement knowing that I made a different to someone and having put a smile on their faces. – less
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJuly 9, 2013
I love the customers but the supervisors was something else but over all it was a wonderful place to work the customers was like family an i loved making them smile.
Credit Card Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
This is a great company to work for and really good people to work with.
Productive Company. meet new people everyday.
QSR Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJuly 3, 2013
Pros: qty. bonuses
Cons: no breaks, 10 hrs shifts
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting sales goals. meeting new people. making friends. I learned alot about sales.
Good company to work for
Senior Training Manager, Hess (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 26, 2013
Pros: good company values
Cons: poor back-up and support team
Management at Hess consisted of a wide variety of duties from
Administrative
Hiring store personel
Training them on all aspects of sales associates
Ordering Vendor Relations
Recieving
Stocking
Training new MITs (Managers In Training)
Mentoring them in their new posisitions
Training them on their Financials
Reviewing the Individual store P&L's
Wonderful Place to Work!
Senior Legal Counsel (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJJune 24, 2013
Hess Corporation has been a professional blessing. The legal group and business teams are comprised of talented and kind people, who genuinely care about the company. A typical day includes reviewing contracts and promotional matters, meeting with business people and drafting agreements.

Unfortunately, Hess Corporation is undergoing a corporate restructuring – more... which includes the divestiture of the downstream business. – less
very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2013
The store would have been great to work for if it wasent for the management. The manager wasent very involved in day to day work life. The co workers and customers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was having to run to different departments one minute you would be running a register and the next you would be making pizza or sub sandwiches. My most – more... enjoyable part of the job was being able to use my skills. I took American Sign Language as my foreign language in high school and there were a couple def customers that would come in and I could talk to them without them having to write everything down. – less
Field Engineer (Current Employee), North Dakota BakkenJune 19, 2013
Great to be apart of something as large as the Bakken oil fields.
sometimes fun to work there
Cashier (Former Employee), Norton, MAJune 10, 2013
Cons: no breaks unless you smoked ciggarettes
it was a fun place to work there for me because everyone I worked with I went to school with so everybody got along with eachother.
LOVE WORKING OUT SIDE WITH PEOPLE
Assistant Management/ Cashier (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 6, 2013
Pros: great place to meet woman
Cons: didn't like to shave my mustace1
GREAT JOB TO WORK ALL YEAR AROUND ALL WORK IS OUTSIDE BUT IT CAN GET VERY DANGEROUS NOW THESE DAYS.
good
Cahier (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
come in clean up cook food 8 hour day manangment will call in advance if they need help it was ok

About Hess Corporation

Hess is a values-driven company offering a world of challenging opportunities. We support continuous learning and development. At – Read more

Hess Corporation Photos