Hess Corporation Employee Reviews

tied to store from 5am to 11pm
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 3, 2013
Manage the station. controling of inventory and ordering for the station. Training and developing of the station employee, delagating tasks and follow up. Scheduling of all employees. Hardest part is that most of the employees have no loyalty it's just a job to them
Pros
delaing with all types of people both customers and employees
Cons
being tied to the station 19hrs a day 7 days a week
Work with money is allways serius, yuo had to be responsable, pay attention to details, and always nice and ready to act
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 6, 2014
I work with different people, race, but that not change the fact that we are working and we need to be focus on work, and costumers satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of this work is the good relationship with the others coworkers and costumers.
Pros
good relationship with all.
Cons
not breaks, and low pay
Great place to work if you have no customer service with the right manger.
Sr Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMarch 31, 2013
I worked for 9 different managers in 9 years. We generally were a "big" family. Both stores worked as one most of time. The last manager did nothing to promote the "family" experience. I learned many different aspects of Hess and the gas station business.
Pros
under the right management, great company.
Cons
no discount or freebies, no lunch breaks
working with people
Gas Station Attention (Current Employee) –  Bayville, NYApril 14, 2015
A regular day of work would be clocking in and getting right to business, everyday brought something new to the table, my knowledge and help better learn and understand things i didnt know off. YES there is hard days but it helps pressure me into knowing that i can have bad and good days and cope with them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not bein told thank you and knowledge on my work.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 11, 2012
I have been working with Hess for over seven years and still enjoy my job. I would stay forever if health insurance was obtainable in my situation Hess denied me based on pre existing condition (my husband is diabetic), and if I knew that there were possible pay increases to help supplement cost of private insurance.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
health insurance
Very good place to start
Gas Attendant (Current Employee) –  newark NJMay 4, 2014
I worked alongside coworkers who were at least 20 years my senior and they were all great men. Management was cool to deal with because they didn't come outside too often. Lots of on your feet, on the move action all day. The hardest part was dealing with rude customers and the best was talking with the ordinary people with extraordinary stories.
Pros
free soda
Cons
no breaks
Very good place to work but too many changes in upper management
PLANNER/SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TXJanuary 13, 2016
It is a good place to work but there are a lot of guess repair work being done causing rework on the same equipment or areas.
The people are very knowledgeable on some areas but upper management decision making hampers other work progress.
Pros
GOOD CO-WORKERS AND FRIENDS
Cons
RE-WORK ON EQUIPMENT DUE TO GUESS WORK REPAIRS.
Freedom to be creative and implement improvement
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 21, 2014
Hess is a great company to work for. There is a sense of family and camaraderie here that made it an enjoyable place to work.

One of my favorite things about Hess is that it is not very bureaucratic. You have the freedom to express your ideas and implement them if they are liked.

I would definitely recommend Hess as an employer!
A+ satisfy
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 2, 2016
A typical Day for me was hard work no play, I learned to work the cashier. Management enjoyed having me there. Co-worker if we got along great if not there was never an issue .. My job ot done.!! The Hardest part of the job was working in the snow. But I must admit I enjoyed helping customer if they had a problem with there car. and meeting new people
Pros
location
Cons
worked every holiday
Learning oppurtunties day by day
Service Delivery Specialist/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 30, 2014
I've been with Hess since 1992, starting during my last days of business school. I've been in HR, many different job, but enjoyed the experice to learn new things from payroll to vendor managment.

Working with 3rd party vendors day to day activities, tought me plenty.
Pros
growth within
Cons
knowledge transfer amongst others

Want to know more about Hess Corporation?

Ask a question
ok for the time being
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYMarch 12, 2015
its a good start to build a business to customer relationship. From the entry level you are hands on. looking for an opportunity is hard but t get experience is great.
Pros
you have to stay on top of your position because every position is just as important as the next
Cons
to get a increase in pay. its the time you spend, not the work you do.
Great benefits and facility, Upper Management in engaged
Senior Geotech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 11, 2015
My local team was unfocused. We had high turn over. Moral very low. Was harassed by team management. Had a personal problem with me. Was not able to resolve serious issues even after going to HR.
Pros
Nice cafeteria has a gym facility very good beniftis
Cons
My team had unfocused leadership, 4 managers in 3 years
Secure, stable and dependable income
Institutional Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
A typical work day starts at 5 am to open the kitchen, with the morning hours preparing scratch made meals for our guests and VIPs. 11 am is the start of our two hour lunch service in which we go from cooks to servers. 1 pm to 2:30 pm is clean up and close the kitchen
Pros
No weekend
Cons
No promotions, no leadership opp, too routine...
Hess Corporation
Global Supply Chain Associate - Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Hess Corporation is a company that has a great working culture. I have learned much about the Oil & Gas industry and gained valuable insight into supply chain best practices and principles.The most enjoyable part of this position was working as a team in order to gain advantages over our competitors.
It was apples and oranges
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day at Hess was always an exciting and new day. Each day I meet different people from different places which made the job enjoyable at all times. My management team was awesome they were very welcoming and friendly. I love going to Hess any day not just work days. The hardest part of the job was the day I had leave for good.
Location location location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New yorkApril 25, 2014
Im sure not all the stores were like the one i worked at. THe particular store i worked at made the experience of working there horrible. When i relocated however my experience improved dramatically. While i wouldnt work here for years upon years it was a god way to earn some money during my summers home from college.
learned alot about metal fabrication
welder metal fabrication (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 30, 2012
Very busy fabrication shop with a huge workload.Management was always willing to help you out when you had a problem with blueprints and were always willing to show you little tricks of the trade to increase your production i learned alot about metal fabrication.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
the heat
A fast-paced, hands on, teamwork environment
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 1, 2015
A company that rewards hard work and dedication with advancement and promotion. Building strong teamwork and work ethic in all levels of employees. Well rounded work environment ranging from cash handling to merchandising to QSR.
Pros
Excellent bonus programs, Good benefits
Cons
Some 24 hr locations
Company was good people who is running is not doing batter job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLOctober 7, 2012
day was hard no help one person all day
I learned how to work without any help
poor management
co wokers was helpful even with runing back and forth running register
Hard part keeping the store line down with no help
enjoyable part was dealing with our customers
Pros
no breaks
Awesome place to work.
SR. ASSISTANT, GSC P&T (Drilling) (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
Very team oriented and great management. Everyone worked together as a team to make sure the work was done. Management appreciates your hard work and value you as a team member even if you're a contractor.
Pros
even as a contractor management values you as part of the team.