Hess Corporation Employee Reviews

Professional Setting
Supply Chain Assistant - Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TX 79360June 22, 2017
Day to day work is constantly challenging which I enjoyed there was never a dull moment at Hess. Employees are encourage to participate in problem solving projects. The Lean culture is practiced through out the entire company.
Pros
Great benefits, have a family like enviroment.
Cons
Management claims to be transparent but are very secretative in many matters.
Good people with strong comraderie
Sr Reliability Engineer, Subsurface MRI (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 20, 2017
People at Hess cared about helping themselves and others succeed.
I like the rotational programs at Hess. This program ensures employees continued learning new skills and getting new knowledge to help make better business decisons
Review
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 19, 2017
Hess Corporation was a great company to work for and really takes care of their employees. Great culture, great benefits, great people. The only thing that isn't ideal is field office locations.
great place
Sr. Financial Reporting and Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
productive and fun workplace. Nice people and management to work with. Good work environment and offices. Great cafeteria with variety of food and great price.
Assisted Living
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work while doing assisted living is coming in for work and making my client a meal and make sure they are well fed, make sure that they are ready for the day, and help client in anyway possible, if there are any errands to be ran, make sure they are completed by the end of the day, if there is any free time, take my client to go do something fun. What I learned on this job is that each client is different, and how to deal with many different personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending time with my client.
Pros
Spending time out and with my client
Cons
n/a
Official response from Hess Corporation
July 31, 2017

Hess Corporation does not have Assisted Living positions within our structure. Perhaps if you referred to your former Hess position in your comments, others would find your comments more useful.

Great Dining Facility
Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
Moral is poor due to the layoffs. Ran the company lean and the layoffs cut more people. Everyone is doing twice as much now and they want more and more
Hess
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2017
Hess has a great conventional and unconventional portfolio with a leading position in the Bakken and offshore assets in the GOM, Africa and S. America. HESS offers some of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry.
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Served as Data Analyst/manager for a small group. I also dealt with users direct in solving their problems with their data. I helped build data models for groups
Pros
Great atmosphere
Basic Petroleum/Chemical terminal
Plant Operator/ Gauger (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 6, 2017
Safe and exact product movement within the terminal and to/from vessels.Assessments of product quality/quantity made daily. 24/7/365 operation in all weather climates.
Pros
Management support;safe working environment
Cons
Rotating shifts;below industry wages
Professional workplace
Supply Chain Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
A great place to work to for. I like people there they were very professional and polite. The management team was very nice willing to help. What I learned 3 way matching from them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
A Great place to work
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 4, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Hess. I was able to develop many new skills and make lifelong friends and colleagues. The work is just as challenging as my current job without all the politics.
it was an alright job
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Chili Center, NYMay 31, 2017
Hess was an alright job, employees came in and out a lot was hard to keep a steady crew i guess its just a gas station thing its a starter job for most. Supervisor trained me to be an assistant manager and the training was good and clear
na
Well Production/Procurement/Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
Worked at Hess four years. I enjoyed my group and gave notice I would be leaving. They outsourced accounting/ap department I was in. The benefits were good and over all the employees. The building was very nice and clean.
Company is no longer in business with retail shops.
Store manager, trainer and loss control specialist (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYMay 19, 2017
I worked for the retail side of the company. They have since sold all retail stores and focus on oil drilling and processing. The retail job was a good job with very good benefits.
Pros
Not micro managed too much. Very good benefits
Cons
Hourly workers not compensated well. Hard to keep loyal staff
It's a Gas Station...Don't Expect Much
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 14, 2017
During the 2 years I worked at Hess (including after it became Speedway), I maybe got a raise once and it was less than a dollar. The management is good but the work environment and the weird customers make it really suck. I would only recommend this job to someone in high school who's just looking to get some money and doesn't care.
Cons
No discounts, random hours, low pay, raises are virtually nonexistant
Excellent contract assignment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2017
This was an exceptional experience with an exceptional project manager. The team was well chosen, worked well together, got the job done. Beautiful new building opened when I was there.
Management stunk
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMay 7, 2017
Management liked it when you were rude to employees and made them cry. There human resource department was awful. Management could do or say what ever they wanted to their employees and no repracussions.
Fun atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 26, 2017
Fun atmosphere. Many opportunities to further your career. Possibility for college education assistance. Good place to start and further your career..
Review
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2017
It is a very corporate, formal and professional environment. Management and co-workers are professional, courteous and appreciative of my work. Would highly recommend working here.
Great career position for any aged employee
Oil & Gas Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Tioga, NDApril 23, 2017
Hess is a great place to work. They take peoples safety as an absolute top priority. Everyone, Everywhere, Everyday Home Safe. There is chance to move up in the company and they strive at trying to make you a better, well rounded employee.
Pros
Working Environment, How you are treated as a person and employee
Cons
Takes some time to hear back about hiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hess Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.