Hess Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Best Company I Have Worked For
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
Hess is one of the best company I Have ever worked for. during my time at Hess it was proven that Safety was its Number 1 Value time and time again.
Pros
Safety Program
goood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 10, 2015
good company to work for. good for a high school student. coworkers tend to be scumbags. i dont know about this response.
Over night stocking...
Cashier, Over Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 4, 2015
I was the over night worker and stocker at Hess gas station. Duties included mateniance an general running of the Hess store. The job was pretty fun, as i worked over nights.
Pros
nights
Cons
sometimes encountered drunk people
Secure, stable and dependable income
Institutional Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
A typical work day starts at 5 am to open the kitchen, with the morning hours preparing scratch made meals for our guests and VIPs. 11 am is the start of our two hour lunch service in which we go from cooks to servers. 1 pm to 2:30 pm is clean up and close the kitchen
Pros
No weekend
Cons
No promotions, no leadership opp, too routine...
Excellent Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Day to day life at Hess was great, a fun and challenging environment.
I got to experience the end to end life cycle of an oil company.
Our management team is a fantastic team who are all very passionate about their leadership roles.
Pros
Subsatized Lunches and 9/80 work schedule
Cons
Long Hours
Productive Place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLMay 28, 2015
Sell products to individuals, maintain a clean work environment. Management was easy to work with and understanding.
Fun workplace and great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLMay 14, 2015
Come in stock and clean the freezer and stock area. I learned how to take inventor. I had some co-workers that were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was receiving the truck on the busiest part of the day. The most enjoyable part for me was some of my co-workers they really made the job fun. The people I got to meet were great.
Pros
scholarships for school
Cons
no breaks and no real healthcare
It can be very easy/hard place to work at if you cant handle all weather
Gas Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark,NJMay 14, 2015
co-workers are very sociable and works well with other. they show a lot of respect. costumers can be rude at times some are very friendly.
Pros
Everything comes out of your pocket
Cons
No breaks really
Cooperation and satisfaction always present
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 8, 2015
Working at Hess really occupied my time, but it was a good occupation. There were the times where customers came in droves, and down time, but it was busy regardless. Our management and coworkers have the biggest hearts and are always encouraging each other to work hard and efficiently. Talking to the customers everyday always gave me something to smile about, and even long lines of customers didn't bother me much. Overall, I am proud to have worked for this establishment and with all of my coworkers and managers. Thumbs up!
Pros
Enjoyable work environment, friendly customers
Cons
Limited lunch period
Good benefits, politics prevail, abuse of employees
Senior Geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Company is in a constant state of re-organization. Lack of preparation of well forseen projects by the poor management there causes employees to have to work long hours and miss the target for the project. Politics and favorites are a definite part of the work climate in many teams. Management finds one person to pin all of their failures on in order to stay on top. Sexism, discrimination, and illegal practices are alive and well in the company.
Pros
$6 all you can eat lunch, 1:1.3 matching 401K, pension, good benefits
Excellent company to work for, going in a different direction
Manager, HR Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  WoodbridgeApril 27, 2015
Excellent learning and collaborative environment. Recognition for job well done.

Company recently divested all downstream businesses leading to a large culture change.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
No flex-time
Interesting workplace with excellent coworkers
Cost Control/Project Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 23, 2015
My job required me to manage many special projects and provide updates on a daily basis. I learned how to use SAP and Microsoft Access and enjoyed my coworkers. The most difficult part of my job was not having enough work to do, resulting in a lot of unproductive time. The most enjoyable part was learning how to use new databases and my coworkers.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Not enough work, lack of overall department organization
I gained a vast amount of new experince working at Hess.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 16, 2015
Working for Hess was a exciting learning experince for me. Mr.Hess gave me the opportunities to learn many new areas of the trade while under his employment
Pros
Gaining experince in new feilds.
Cons
Business closed, ending employment
working with people
Gas Station Attention (Current Employee) –  Bayville, NYApril 14, 2015
A regular day of work would be clocking in and getting right to business, everyday brought something new to the table, my knowledge and help better learn and understand things i didnt know off. YES there is hard days but it helps pressure me into knowing that i can have bad and good days and cope with them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not bein told thank you and knowledge on my work.
deputy Finance manager
Accounting specialist/Deputy Finance manager (Former Employee) –  egyptApril 5, 2015
prepare all financial report for Egypt and report to management. Train and coach 6 accountant in country and prepare all joint venture billings.
Pros
great job
Cons
not safe country
They gave us trailers to observe crew at work, saved on fuel
Well Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 23, 2015
Company was decent, paid well. Watched 1 rig. Texas management was alot better than in North Dakota. Overall HESS is a decent place to work.
Pros
paid well
Cons
did not always follow their own guidelines
ok for the time being
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYMarch 12, 2015
its a good start to build a business to customer relationship. From the entry level you are hands on. looking for an opportunity is hard but t get experience is great.
Pros
you have to stay on top of your position because every position is just as important as the next
Cons
to get a increase in pay. its the time you spend, not the work you do.
Manager Global Network Operations (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMarch 10, 2015
Hess treats their employees very well. There is xxcellent balance between work and personal life. Great benefits, great place to work.
Fun place to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2015
Productive and a nice organization to work for , what really stand up @ HESS is the diversity of the people working for the company.
fun easy job with cool customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 6, 2015
hess which is now becoming speedway was a good company . Fun co workers and customers. Only bad I would say is could give their employees more pay raises