St. Louis West County law office is looking for a litigation paralegal with at least 5 years of experience to assist its Labor and Employment Litigation practice area. This is a temp to hire position.
- Draft routine legal documents.
- Manage multiple cases from start to trial.
- Collect, organize, analyze and summarize various documents/records.
- Assist with preparation of depositions, including gathering and organizing exhibits.
- Assist with trial preparation: assist with pretrial documents (deposition designations, exhibit and witness list, organize exhibits, files and other supporting documents.
- Assist during trial: manage exhibits, assist with witnesses and any other duties associated with trial.
- Experience with litigation software, including, but not limited to, Summation, CaseMap, PracticeMaster.
- Conduct various document searches and factual research.
- Experience in all phases of the litigation process.
- Ability to effectively set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects for several attorneys.
- Ability to search database programs and assist with organizing, summarizing and/or categorizing documents.
- Experience preparing for trials and/or arbitrations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented.
- Adaptable to changing priorities; flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with all levels of firm personnel, clients, other counsel and vendors.
- Must have a strong enough personality to have a thick skin, but teamwork is imperative.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and create solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Paralegal Certificate (required) with Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a litigation paralegal.