Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Generally good place to work
Americas Portfolio Operations Enablement Mgr (Former Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 15, 2017
lots of opportunity to team
allowed to grow in role
no regional autonomy
ww makes most decisions
great benefits
great people
challenges galore
too much offshoring
huge disparity for same work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2017
very low growth opportunities for mid- career employees.
Benefits below industry standards
huge pay disparities for same work
Frequent lay offs and change in management strategy
Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 14, 2017
Insufficient notice was given to employees that were going to be let go. The managers said that we would be able to transfer to other areas and then refused to pass along our resumes or information after taking them and saying they would. If you weren't friends (hanging out outside of the workplace) with some of the managers then they would do nothing for you.
Still a lot of good people. Poor top management.
Manufacturing Operations Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
International company with too many organizations. Each organization pretty much had its own culture. There are too much change with no clear direction. Contradicting statements from management.
Pros
Decent benefits and compensation
Cons
Stressful, not much transparency.
was a good place to work
Level IV Electrical Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
Too many good people being let go due to downsizing, EOQ busy and stressful at time, expect a lot out of certain departments and not much out of others. Too many managers.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
micro management, not listening to employees
Remote organization
Senior Manager, Principle Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 12, 2017
Lack of unity throughout. A lot of in fighting. Rumor, getting ready to sell the company. Organization keeps trying to find itself. Reminds me of the time 20 years ago at IBM.
Pros
Technology company, fast moving
Cons
poor company management, depressing culture
Big push to hire offshore
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 12, 2017
Technicians and leaders are being let go in all high cost countries to be replaced by offshore personnel regardless of ability. Older workers especially are targeted because of higher salaries, to be replaced by junior and cheaper people.
Pros
well known
Cons
interminable work schedules and lack of appropriate compensation
Always worried
Sr. Project Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 12, 2017
Not a comfortable feeling knowing that the company was constantly changing and you could be out of a job at a moments notice. They made changes basically annually.
Productive and supportive workplace
Learning Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
Productive workplace. Lots of reorganization during my time there (4 managers in two years). High-performance culture. Generally good management and positive career opportunities.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Constant downsizing
was home officed
SR Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 11, 2017
was home office , Worked was self managed ,
supporting windows system world wide
benefits decreased every year,, while costing more
most of the Technical jobs are being transferred to low cost counties
Know what your manager is like
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
Workplace can be very political and the company is having challenges with process and system problems.In a lot of cases there is no process. There is quite a difference from the culture HP hand.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The stress factor is enormous
Not bad but could be better...
IT Ops Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 10, 2017
I want to be fair in stating that I work on a specialized contract that HPE probably did not have too much experience with previously. But to be fair to me-- I hardly got a raise, and the one that I received was so minuscule that it hardly registered on my financial radar. This company care more about procuring contracts than it does maintaining them which is why I am not surprised that their reputation has grown so weak over the years.

You have to be a self-starter to work here, because you will not get assistance, but on the flip-side you do not have anyone lurking over your shoulder. This is a double-edged sword though, because some full time workers sometimes put in less than 25 hours a week and still receive full time pay. There is no merit for those who actually have work ethic.
Pros
Independent, Matched 401K, Flex Schedule
Cons
No Raises, Clueless MGMT
Stressful
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2017
Your day is all about DXC or nothing else can exist there is no room for growth. If you don't possess any career advancements then this would be the outstanding place to be employed if the ENTRY level is all you care to possess.
Hard work but rewarding
MANUFACTUING OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
Rewarding work as a full time employee. Management was supportive. Stressful running 2 to 4 lines as Line Coordinator. Giving work direction to contract employees. Many wanted full time positions with benefits. Hard part was keeping contract employees motivated. Many knew that they had no chance at full time employment or future with HP. Made my job as a Line Coordinator difficult at times. But I enjoyed my time at HP.
It is a great place to work
Data Engineer II (Former Employee) –  El Paso, Tx, USADecember 8, 2017
It is a flexible Company and multicultural environment to work in team. You will have the opportunity to learn a lot because they will provide a lot of resources for your training.
Professional and results oriented
Technical Project Manager, Information Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 8, 2017
Working on multiple projects simultaneously, each with specific yet different goals, kept the work environment challenging, interesting, and rewarding. I enjoyed working at HPE during my 5+ years tenure.
busy day at work
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 8, 2017
A typical day is full of meetings and very little time to do your work. The workload never cease to pile-up and management are not receptive to your repeated request to find a replacement for the last person that left
Good place to work.
Operation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2017
A typical day at work - No stress
The hardest part of the job - No balance life between family and work.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Co-Workers
Great peer and culture, but uncertainty in company future.
Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 5, 2017
Great job culture and good benefits. Uncertainty in company direction and priority are challenges to the employers job security. Excellent group of engineers and peer.
Smartest Co-workers I Ever Had
Business Architect (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 4, 2017
I worked a 3-year contract at HPE and considered it to be the most challenging (in a good way) job that I've ever had. I worked every day with the smartest people I had ever worked with at a job.

Now that HPE has spun off once again (parts of HPE merged with CSC), I can't say if the culture is still good or not.
Pros
Smart People, Involved Management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.