Hexcel Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Ups and downs
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 19, 2016
Actually mostly downs. As others have mentioned the Windsor plant management are former Kodak employee with a severe good old boy management style. When a plant has 7 managers leave in three years and they only have a staff of 7 managers to begin with it says a lot about the work environment. And of course loosing 95 out of 130 employees in a 2 year time frame says a bunch about the stability.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Poor Management –Stuck in thir ways
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 16, 2016
This is an organization that is stuck in their ways. They would like to tell you that they believe in lean concepts. However, their idea of lean is simply cutting. They refuse to truly invest in their employees. On the off chance that there is some actual training performed it won’t matter because management refuses to put in the time or energy to support or enforce the training. There is absolutely no internal growth. If you are hired on as a supervisor or engineer that is where you will stay till you quit. The one benefit to this organization is that if you become one of the good-ol-boys you have a job for life. Upper management will protect their own at all costs.
Pros
Long term employment
Cons
No growth
Good internship
Engineering Intern - Materials Control (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2015
good internship. The internship was able to work with my schedule and the coworkers I worked with were also very helpful in helping me learn new things.
Pros
Flexible schedules. Helpful co workers
Cons
work can be slow at times
Very poor Management
Former employe (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CoAugust 16, 2015
Very unsafe place to work. OSHA has been there several times. Very poor working conditions. Low morale. Very Very poor Management. From the top down. the only good thing is the Benefits. One manager even told me to take a short cut. ( very unsafe ) practice.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management, Low morale, Very usafe conditions.
Very professional and well managed organization
NC Operator,Shipper,Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMay 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. They provide extensive, training, and career advancement opportunities. I retired in August 3014 due to medical reasons that have since been resolved.
Pros
Extensive benefits program, friendly environment
Cons
30 mile commute to work
The job pays well but that's what keeps you there
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTFebruary 14, 2015
This is a good job for single kids out of high school who want to make a lot of money. The management is poor usually giving writups without verbal warnings or even trying to work out issues. They are a finger pointing company instead of trying to resolve things they look for somebody to blame and fire. Because of this the workplace has a fairly high turn over rate. The hours where not great but most people make it work. Overall in the seven years I was there I felt it was a waste of my time. Workers are a rough neck crowd usually very clicky and have bad habits including foul language and chewing tobacco on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to work alone away from the politics and the crudeness of the work environment.
Pros
pays well
Cons
nobody can match the wages so you can't leave
Exciting Industry With Strong Future
Supply Chain Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 14, 2014
This organization is a large company that treats its employees like a small business which can be great and not so great depending on what you're looking for.

The management team tends to wavier and flip flop on issues which causes confusion within the organization.
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay, global organization
Cons
work life balance is not valued
A sad little company...
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 4, 2014
A sad little company with sad little managers. There is a deep culture of fear at all levels. No innovation. Everyone seems to just keep their heads down to avoid management's wrath. You will not find any diversity at Hexcel. There is only one female/ minority manager. There are no women/ minorities in any engineering leadership position. There is little freedom to make decisions. Management will tie your hands while they second and third guess your work-- then blame you for delays. Prepare to have to defend and fight to the death to prove you are not a complete idiot.
Pros
other engineers are nice to work with
Cons
at hexcel, you can assume you are always wrong-- unless you are in the ol boy's club
Management has issues
CATIA Designer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WaOctober 7, 2013
High turn around. The Management I dealt with had issues with women Designers. This was reflected in their comments during the interview and after the employment offer came in. The group was 100% male accept for the 1 woman that had left after only 3 months, I was offered the job to replace her. Needless to say I know exactly why she left. If you are a woman don't walk away from this place RUN!! No career opportunities here, no appreciation for the work you do or experience you have.
Cons
eeo issues
quiet enviroment and more focused on meeting daily and monthly deadlines
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 28, 2012
Finance dept. is very busy there are daily, weekly, monthly and quartely task that has to be completed. Working on essbase can be challenging but fun; the first time using essbase was a bit scarey but now its like anything work that i do during the day.

Co-workers are different from where i worked in the past but they're ok to work with
Pros
flexible with work hours
Cons
no company summer activities/tense atmosphere
Employees are just a number
Production (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2012
Not a positive place to work, employees are not treated with dignity or respect. The company shows no appreciation of employees, only the bad is highlighted. The production schedule is 12 hour rotating shifts which makes it difficult to have a life outside of work. Employees get a week off every month (unless they are forced to work) which can seem appealing, however the rest of the time is spent adjusting to the day/night rotation, which makes it hard to live a normal life.
Pros
wage, benefits (medical), tuition reimbursement.
Cons
production schedule, employee morale is not a concern, the union, scheduling, upper management.
great place to work.
Machinist / Chemical Mixer / Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2012
everyday was a different order, for different customer or the same customer but different orders. how to mix chemicals and also learn the dangers of it and how some of the fabrications that we provide are for things that we use in this world. I like that they give us over time and also compensate us by the gift cards or by giving us raise. Management wasn't the best but they at least came and told you that your doing a great job and compensate you on a gift card or a raise in your department or group.
Pros
compensate, raise
Cons
other shift wouldn't work all day and leave you with the mess to clean up.
Not a friendly place to work ! Lazy Kodak employees take over .
Lead associate (Current Employee) –  WindsorFebruary 20, 2013
This was not a good place to work very poor Training. Safety was definitely not a concern in any department. They seem to have a few good trainers and the ones that were somewhat good either got fired or left. Although It is somewhat of a new company it seems that most of the employees that are employed there came from Kodak all the positions there are filled by Kodak people and Upperman type management positions bunch of lazy people. From Kodak. Definite management struggles and absolutely no sense of direction from any shift lead.
Pros
it's a job with very little benefits
Cons
very little breaks if any very poor work conditions and no morale
Hexcel is a company with great potential held back by an archaic culture
Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 11, 2014
Work life balance is excellent at Hexcel. There are occasional long days but they are few and far between. The hardest part of the day is dealing with the pervasive CYA and non-collaborative culture. Co-workers openly withhold information "to have an edge up" out of fear for their jobs. Getting management to make a commitment is like trying to catch a shadow.
Good Company
Engineeing (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WaMay 18, 2015
Good balance of work hours, good management, great workforce, enjoy time at work, good push for lean and bettering the company and the people
it was great workplace, people were nice, we had BQ every two month, and great christmas lunch
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 15, 2012
A day at work would be very busy with all call come in and out, I enjoy work hard and I enjoy the people I work with. I like to be very busy the day go by so fast and I love my job, I like working with customer service and customer we had and the people around me.
I just love my job.
Pros
free lunch and trival all over great healthcare
Cons
no cons
Good Company but they keep on your toes about your job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTNovember 29, 2014
Good company to work for but the feeling by a lot of people is that they are not secure with their jobs. This is cause from the lack of leadership acknowledgement and pushed down.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
you dont know where you stand with the company
Was a start up. Ok place to work.
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 20, 2012
This four year old company has had some growing pains and struggles for the future. It is not the best place I've worked. It lacks in work life balance issues for it's employees, it's opportunities for advancement are shortcoming and it's management has had some issues.
Pros
free lunches from time to time and decent pay.
Cons
irregular break times, if breaks at all.
Major supplier for Boeing
Master scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 3, 2015
Worked in Customer Service Department. Uploaded customer schedules into company ERP system to drive purchasing and manufacturing activities. Good company with good people.
A very professional atmosphere
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 25, 2014
I have enjoyed working with the team at Hexcel. They have a very "get it done" attitude. And although your day can be unpredictable because of the production environment, there is adequate focus on long term goals so that overall production and processes do improve.

2.8