HEXCEL

HEXCEL Employee Reviews

very nice job
Electrical Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZSeptember 17, 2014
This was a nice place to work for and the people I work around was super this company knew what it took to be successful and that made the workers successful
productive, great communication
Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Kent, WASeptember 1, 2014
General work to organize setup sheets, organize tooling in the shop and also created a tool library in CAD software. Friendly coworkers eager to help and teach. Lab technicians also there to offer a lot of work.
Production work with 12-hour shifts
Team Lead/ Process Associate Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, promising future
Cons: lots of physical work, on concrete all day, hot and sticky environment
Lots of product changes, cleaning and detail-oriented work. The rotating shifts are nice because you never work more than three 12-hour shifts in a row. The days off are necessary to recharge your body after the long hours of hard work. High turnover and hard work seems to turn people away, but the pay and benefits are nice and outweigh the negatives. I would recommend this job for people with high energy, positive attitude (job gets stressful at times) and ability to muti-task with a great sense of urgency.
very easy going people
Accusticap manufacturer (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZAugust 4, 2014
Pros: 401k, nice people, great management, breaks every 2 hours
Cons: had to work 12's on a moments notice and no way out of it, bad vacation/sick/fmla system
this by far was my most enjoyable work place yet. 95% of the time everybody had smiles on their faces , rare occasions we had to work 12 hours and that was when we had upset people there. I would go into work and go to my machine and find out where the last coworkers had left off and I would take over , sometimes throughout the day others would come to me if their machine stopped working or they had questions about work orders. I cant get into details about what all I did there because its highly classified and I had to sign a waver. sometimes I would go help in the saw room or shipping witch required me to be fork lift certified thru Hexcel Company , I took my test and had flying colors when I passed. I would move cubes and shipping boxes and sometimes load them onto trucks at shipping docs.
Hard to move up fast but good job if your willing to settle.
Weaver (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJuly 11, 2014
There are a lot of good people in management but the only thing bad i would have to say is that it is pretty hard to move up. it pays excellent though for the job you are doing.
great environment excellent benefits, one of the best places to work for
Warp Hanger (Former Employee), Seguin, TXJanuary 6, 2014
My shift was from 4pm-midnight I learned to be a more responsible person and employee, all managemet aspects seemed to work pretty good, the work environment was a mix of all cultures and races but it was such a good experience, never had a problem with co-workers,
hardest part of job was not expending that much family time with wife and daughter due to 2nd shift hours, I enjoyed evrything related to hexcel except the fact that it takes too many years to be able to move to !st shift also need more opportunities for management positions even which in my case I was able to finish a BBA in Management.
high rate production environmet
Level II UT NDT Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 9, 2013
Pros: lots lots lots of overtime
Cons: to much overtime not a stable shift rotation, or production schedule
An excellent company to gain experience and get a foot in the door in the aerospace industry. Have learned an inexorable amount of information regarding composite assemblies, aircraft , NDE methods and procedures, reading and interpreting bond controls ect.
Company doesn't care about it's employees.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZOctober 16, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: horrible work environment
The only good thing about this company is the pay and benefits. The other employees are flat out hostile, and do not work together as a team. Management turns a blind eye.
machine operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the pay is great
Cons: n/a
great place to work for.. I have nothing bad to say about this just. if working on planes and helicopters is a dream or a passion for you then I suggest you apply here.
family oriented environment
spinline operator (Former Employee), Decatur, AlApril 3, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: working swing shift can be difficult.
I worked a 12 hour swing shift as a spin line operator. I learned to work as a team and spent several work days as the Line Lead. The management and other employees at Hexcel are excellent to work for and with. The hardest part of the job was the work schedule. Swing shift can be difficult until you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck at the end of every two weeks. Learning a new skill and problem solving were a very important part of the job.
Productive work place, making material for aircrafts
Corigator (Former Employee), Casa Grande ArizonaNovember 21, 2012
Hexcel was a nice friendly working environment, everybody seemed to all be in a good mood, i learned how to be more of a people person at Hexcel,
Very productive, but fun to be there!
Process Associate/Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: progression
Great job! love working with people who made you feel wanted..
advancement opportunities
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Seguin, TXAugust 27, 2012
Pros: benefits, pay, advancement
Cons: short breaks
Good pay and substantial benefits with the opportunity to advance within the company. Management is friendly and helpful and safety is the main concern.
Entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork!
Human Resources (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2012
Pros: career advancement opportunity for those who are interested in advancing
If you enjoy a fast paced, team-based environment, then this is the place for you! Hexcel is expanding in a number of locations and is hiring for many positions. Good benefits package and competitive salaries. Some jobs even offer relocation benefits.
Great Environment to work
Materials Manager (Current Employee), Casa Grande AZAugust 7, 2012
People are great to work with here. Hit the ground running. Very challenging and exciting place to work
World class composite materials supplier
Development Engineer (Former Employee), Dublin, CAJune 15, 2012
Pros: established reputation and quality
Cons: large corporate structure slows inovation
Global material supplier with top line composite material products.
Hit the ground running and never stop
Operator (Current Employee), Windsor, COApril 28, 2012
Pros: pay pretty good
Cons: long hours on rotating schedules
If you like hard work with a lot of challenges and long hours this is the place for you

About HEXCEL

The first footprints on the moon didn't come from Neil Armstrong, but from Hexcel, a maker of composite materials. Back then Hexcel – Read more

HEXCEL Salaries