HEXCEL Employee Reviews

fiber
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 27, 2017
the hardest thing about job were the hours.....overtime is required and they do work you. you can make as much as you are willing to work. the only thing stopping you are your endurance and health
Pros
money
Great Pay but limited advancement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
Hexcel pays well and makes world class composite materials. There isn't room for advancement but if you like your job there is solid job security. The company pushes for continuous improvement but they don't have or provide the resources to support the initiatives.
Pros
Aerospace
Cons
Culture, management
Busy
Quality Control Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2017
Hexcel has a good production environment. You will work 60+ hours in a week with a rotating 12 hour schedule that has you working 7 days and 7 nights intermingling. Your pay is great and opportunity for advancement is there if you have the experience or the schooling. The work is stressful but rewarding. Your social life will diminish considerably. Not recommended if you have children.
Pros
Good working experience
Cons
Difficult hours
No advancement, culture sucks, but good pay
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2017
No advancement, culture sucks, but good pay. Management does not listen to lower level employees. Go through employees like clean clothes. Cool people and direct manager was cool.
Great Pay - Bad Culture
Corrugated Products Technician (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 27, 2017
Great company to work for.
Extremely hard to get in and once you do, your are at the bottom of the barrel and have no voice. Seniority carries a ton of weight within this company and its unfair for those that actually work hard compared to those that have been many years with the company and have gotten complacent.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Seniority based culture, unable to move ahead, seniority controls everything
excellent job
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 21, 2017
great place to work, excellent benefits , co workers are easy to get a long with and the supervisors are nice. this is a great place to work at. I have no complaints about it
Good Company to work for.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 16, 2017
Theres great people to work with. They offer good benefits; health, dental, and vision. They also offer tuition reimbursement. Theres also training for advancement.
Pros
great people. great benefits
Cons
supervisor lack management skills
good pay, boring work place for 12 hour shifts
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTMarch 14, 2017
Not bad place to work for the money. easy labor and good benefits. The people were very nice to work with. management could use some work as far as listening to the employees and their needs.
Great place
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Great benefits provided such as 401k, medical, dental, and vision. They help with school reimbursement, you get money to pay for your footwear needs, everyone at these company makes you feel welcomed.
assembled parts. finished parts made carbon fiber
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked with composite parts I helped assemble them also did the finish work on them, I made carbon fiber from scratch, packaged parts and operated forklifts on a daily.
Pros
It was a fast changing envirment with a lot to learn
Cons
they couldnt keep up production and had to lay off
productive & loved the graphite department
graphite operator (Former Employee) –  hexcel corporation casa grande arizoneOctober 27, 2016
I loved learning how to build graphite blocks for bowing 747 airplanes & putting them together & washing the blocks, painting them & wrapping the blocks then shipping them. I truly wish I wasn't a temp worker as I would of loved to be able to have kept that job at hexcel corporation & would have gone onto another higher position, but they didn't need me after my 90 days were up. I did enjoy my co-workers,as I did work on the grave yard shift I did meet some nice people that I enjoyed working with
Pros
have lunch breaks
Cons
wasnt there for health care benefits / wished i was hired on permently
Wonderful work environment, safety is immaculately done employees are cared for.
Data Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAOctober 11, 2016
I would recommend this company to just about anyone. I had a wonderful experience working there for the temp project in launching their new system for data entry. Product based importing and exporting.
Pros
Excellent work environment, co-workers pleasent and kind.
Cons
Lengthy process from old to new system
Great Job with great co workers
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 17, 2016
Was a great company to work for with lots of good people. Was able to develop good friendships while continually accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines. Wonderful management that was willing to work with requests and a friendly HR staff. Learned a lot about aerospace manufacturing in short time there
Old style management philosophy cutting cost will always be the answer.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2016
I haven’t really learned much from the upper management with this company. This company will hire and promote a “yes man” over a hard work employee with passion for what they do. Due to lack of investment in people, there is a revolving door of engineers and supervisors.
Pros
If you are a salaried employee your schedule can be fairly flexible.
Cons
Old style of management philosophy, instead of developing their employee’s management is more concerned about cutting cost, not realizing that cuts can go only so deep.
Lots of growth potential
Production Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 3, 2016
Company is grown in the Aero Space industry and Hexcel would be the idea place to grow. good work and home balance, paid vacations and good secure place to start a career
Good job/lots to learn!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 8, 2016
Excellent company to hit the ground running or get basic- advanced skill sets and cross training and build teamwork! Learned to assemble and inspect and purchase inventory. Co-workers were solid and dependable.
Pros
Company sponsored lunches on and off site
Cons
long hours and lots of overtime
Do not work there
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 17, 2016
Management will use you and everyone around you to benefit there own selfish needs. The company is product driven and put little effort into taking care of their employees. Day to day is about having a certain
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Quality place to work,good pay, great benefits
Journey Painter (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 22, 2016
I've been employed there twice, it's an awesome company, the down fall is it has cycles and layoffs if you have no seniority in the union.
Pros
Many
Cons
Few
a positive place for working with a team
Lead Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 30, 2016
safety check on forklifts, unload and load trucks,receiving fed ex and ups orders. meetings on work environment.my co-workes where very nice and cool after work would get together and talk about more safety that needs to done at work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hours always changing
people are friendly
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  kent washingtonMarch 14, 2016
this is a nice place to work. people are friendly and if you are lucky you will learn the ins and outs of aerospace technologies
Pros
leadership
Cons
leadership