HEXCEL Employee Reviews in United States

Old style management philosophy cutting cost will always be the answer.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2016
I haven’t really learned much from the upper management with this company. This company will hire and promote a “yes man” over a hard work employee with passion for what they do. Due to lack of investment in people, there is a revolving door of engineers and supervisors.
Pros
If you are a salaried employee your schedule can be fairly flexible.
Cons
Old style of management philosophy, instead of developing their employee’s management is more concerned about cutting cost, not realizing that cuts can go only so deep.
It's a job
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 29, 2015
like all jobs it has its ups and downs. It could be better and it could definitely be worse. Work life balance sucks and management could communicate better, but that could be anywhere.
Good job/lots to learn!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 8, 2016
Excellent company to hit the ground running or get basic- advanced skill sets and cross training and build teamwork! Learned to assemble and inspect and purchase inventory. Co-workers were solid and dependable.
Pros
Company sponsored lunches on and off site
Cons
long hours and lots of overtime
Lots of growth potential
Production Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 3, 2016
Company is grown in the Aero Space industry and Hexcel would be the idea place to grow. good work and home balance, paid vacations and good secure place to start a career
Do not work there
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 17, 2016
Management will use you and everyone around you to benefit there own selfish needs. The company is product driven and put little effort into taking care of their employees. Day to day is about having a certain
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
a positive place for working with a team
Lead Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 30, 2016
safety check on forklifts, unload and load trucks,receiving fed ex and ups orders. meetings on work environment.my co-workes where very nice and cool after work would get together and talk about more safety that needs to done at work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
hours always changing
Quality place to work,good pay, great benefits
Journey Painter (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 22, 2016
I've been employed there twice, it's an awesome company, the down fall is it has cycles and layoffs if you have no seniority in the union.
Pros
Many
Cons
Few
people are friendly
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  kent washingtonMarch 14, 2016
this is a nice place to work. people are friendly and if you are lucky you will learn the ins and outs of aerospace technologies
Pros
leadership
Cons
leadership
Hexcel
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 1, 2016
Good Company to work for
Great vision of the future
Stable Industry
Growth Industry
Dedicated employees
Good customer relations
Great products
very easy going people
Accusticap manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 4, 2014
this by far was my most enjoyable work place yet. 95% of the time everybody had smiles on their faces , rare occasions we had to work 12 hours and that was when we had upset people there. I would go into work and go to my machine and find out where the last coworkers had left off and I would take over , sometimes throughout the day others would come to me if their machine stopped working or they had questions about work orders. I cant get into details about what all I did there because its highly classified and I had to sign a waver. sometimes I would go help in the saw room or shipping witch required me to be fork lift certified thru Hexcel Company , I took my test and had flying colors when I passed. I would move cubes and shipping boxes and sometimes load them onto trucks at shipping docs.
Pros
401k, nice people, great management, breaks every 2 hours
Cons
had to work 12's on a moments notice and no way out of it, bad vacation/sick/fmla system
Production work with 12-hour shifts
Team Lead/ Process Associate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COAugust 8, 2014
Lots of product changes, cleaning and detail-oriented work. The rotating shifts are nice because you never work more than three 12-hour shifts in a row. The days off are necessary to recharge your body after the long hours of hard work. High turnover and hard work seems to turn people away, but the pay and benefits are nice and outweigh the negatives. I would recommend this job for people with high energy, positive attitude (job gets stressful at times) and ability to muti-task with a great sense of urgency.
Pros
free lunches, good benefits, promising future
Cons
lots of physical work, on concrete all day, hot and sticky environment
great environment excellent benefits, one of the best places to work for
Warp Hanger (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJanuary 6, 2014
My shift was from 4pm-midnight I learned to be a more responsible person and employee, all managemet aspects seemed to work pretty good, the work environment was a mix of all cultures and races but it was such a good experience, never had a problem with co-workers,
hardest part of job was not expending that much family time with wife and daughter due to 2nd shift hours, I enjoyed evrything related to hexcel except the fact that it takes too many years to be able to move to !st shift also need more opportunities for management positions even which in my case I was able to finish a BBA in Management.
Entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2012
If you enjoy a fast paced, team-based environment, then this is the place for you! Hexcel is expanding in a number of locations and is hiring for many positions. Good benefits package and competitive salaries. Some jobs even offer relocation benefits.
Pros
career advancement opportunity for those who are interested in advancing
advancement opportunities
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 27, 2012
Good pay and substantial benefits with the opportunity to advance within the company. Management is friendly and helpful and safety is the main concern.
Pros
benefits, pay, advancement
Cons
short breaks
Very productive
Loader/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 22, 2015
I was a carbon inspector were I inspected the rolls of fabric. then I got promoted to ZB Loader/ Inspector were I inspected and layed the fabric through the heat machine so it can melt all the small holes.
Company doesn't care about it's employees.
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZOctober 16, 2013
The only good thing about this company is the pay and benefits. The other employees are flat out hostile, and do not work together as a team. Management turns a blind eye.
Pros
compensation
Cons
horrible work environment
family oriented environment
spinline operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AlApril 3, 2013
I worked a 12 hour swing shift as a spin line operator. I learned to work as a team and spent several work days as the Line Lead. The management and other employees at Hexcel are excellent to work for and with. The hardest part of the job was the work schedule. Swing shift can be difficult until you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck at the end of every two weeks. Learning a new skill and problem solving were a very important part of the job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working swing shift can be difficult.
Hard to move up fast but good job if your willing to settle.
Weaver (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 11, 2014
There are a lot of good people in management but the only thing bad i would have to say is that it is pretty hard to move up. it pays excellent though for the job you are doing.
Hit the ground running and never stop
Operator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COApril 28, 2012
If you like hard work with a lot of challenges and long hours this is the place for you
Pros
pay pretty good
Cons
long hours on rotating schedules
lots of great people.
Laminator (Current Employee) –  United States, KentOctober 21, 2014
I stand 12 hours a day three days a week. creating Helicopter blades.
Pros
insurance, pay
Cons
politics