Heyl Truck Lines Employee Reviews

Productive enviroment
Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJanuary 17, 2016
Interesting people to work with. Diverse and open and easy to talk to. If I ever have questions I can ask anyone for help and they will gladly do it. Very fun and laid back enviroment that gets the work done. No stress or drama in this place of business.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLAugust 27, 2015
I love the job other than the long hours on the road away from my wife and family and I relocated to Georgia last year so I resigned to be closer to my family
Pros
All the over time I wanted
Cons
being on the road three weeks at a time away from my family
Great Enviornment
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2015
Great people and atmosphere. I've learned many typical office jobs and more. Management is great as well as the co-workers, positive people. Hardest part of the job is getting last minute jobs. The most enjoyable part is knowing I have completed my work and contributed.
Pros
Staff Get Togethers, Co-Workers
Cons
Pay, Scan Jobs
Low stress workplace
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLOctober 6, 2014
Delivering products and materials safely in a timely manner throughout 48 states as I learned to opperate a commercial combination vehicle under all types of road and weather conditions
Pros
freedom of the road
Cons
time away from home
Great company to work for.
Driver / Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, IAJuly 21, 2014
I was an over the road truck driver. Being gone 2 to 3 weeks at a time began to put stress on my marriage. I quit to find a job that would have me home every night.
Productive work place
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 23, 2014
Performed secretarial duties on a daily basis, prepared for trials and depositions.
Alright place to work.
Legal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 5, 2014
My job includes doing all the miscellaneous duties around the office. I process the mail, maintain records and files, make runs to court houses for attorneys, and routine maintenance. I usually work with my superiors and co-workers to get objectives completed through the day that help to keep the office running efficiently or to help an attorney. I took this job to gain office experience and to gain a solid reference, This job helps me learn how to build relationships in an office environment (which in my case I have a good relationship with co-workers and superiors) and how to be an efficient worker in an office. The hardest part is multi-tasking objectives. However, completing these tasks is the most enjoyable part of the job since you are able to do your part to help in completing a bigger objective which is the case itself.
Pros
401 K, decent work hours, decent pay
Cons
Not in my field
very Good Company
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 4, 2013
drive and load and reload on time and on time delivering, I am a OTR Driver. they are a good about working with you and getting you home. I just want to be home close to my family.
truck driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, IAMay 2, 2013
all companys has good and bad points,there not much more to say
Pros
travel
Great company to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, IAJanuary 10, 2013
Great company, good miles, no much waiting for loads, great home time
company driver
driver (Current Employee) –  denison out of sioux city hubDecember 15, 2012
I have been a driver for almost 3 years with heyl and i love it. They have the best trucks and trailers. I get great pay and you run as many miles as you want sure you might have to sit once in a while but thats trucking. The dispatchers are great they are top noch out of the sioux city hub. All the other drivers I have met have been very nice and willing to help if needed. I think the hardest part is just being got from family. The best part is all the new people you meet and new friends at the company they are very family friendly if you need a day off just ask and if it can be done than they will make it so you can get home.
Pros
great people to work for. good pay good miles
Cons
i dont realy have any
Didn't make enough money, didn't drive many miles.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Akron, IADecember 4, 2012
A typical day was driving around 200 miles a day or less. Hardest part was you waited longer to get loaded or unloaded, then you drove. The best part of the day was when I left.
Cons
not enough miles.
Long Hours,Bad cowortkers
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls,SDAugust 12, 2012
Worked long hrs and the trainning was not done by a perfecional. When you ask for help they dont show u how to do it they just do it for u.
Cons
hours, work enviorment, heath care, trainning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heyl Truck Lines. Our community is ready to answer.