Heywood Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent Town Hospital
Director of Nursing, Transitional Care Center (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 21, 2017
Heywood Hospital is a small community Hospital, providing excellent care to the patients of the community. Great environment and team approach. Taking time to walk a guest or visitor or even a patient to their destination was very important, whereas the CEO would rather us be late for a Monthly Meeting, and provided personalized care to every person in the building. The team culture was one of the best I have ever worked in. Each Department respected and worked as a team to provide the best delivery of care to each patient, with positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Close to home for many patients
Cons
Does not have the competency that a large trauma Facility would have
Great Group Work Environment
Nutrition Services and Diabetes Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 22, 2017
The dietetics office at Heywood Hospital was a great environment whether you are an intern, diet tech, or employee. Denise is a sympathetic and involved manager who is always encouraging her team to do well. The lay out of the office is all "open door policy" and there is a great ability for collaboration.
this place is a joke
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 22, 2017
ive worked there and the management is a joke always chasing the bad employees the good ones are getting dumped one every time they turn around supervisors have no say it is a one person show the supervisors boss doesnt correct problems at all. work some where else do not waiste your time here.
Pros
quiting
Cons
poor management all the way to the ceo
Awful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  WestminsterJuly 8, 2017
HMG is a horrible company to work for. They go through employees all the time, it's always a revolving door. They just lost a 2 providers in June. although they haven't notified their patients. If they lie to their primary source of income it just goes to show how they treat their employees.Office manager is like a teenager always full of gossip about employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything including office manager
Productive, balanced, exciting
Volunteering Activities (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJune 14, 2017
Workers are very friendly appealing, accept you, get along with you for further instructions in volunteering position, leader in volunteering has an open mind for what it is you want to work for.
Rewarding and great people
Unit Secretary/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MA 01440May 9, 2017
I learned how to be a team member, to work independantly as well with a group. I my medical career learned a lot of aspects of medicine. Favorite: patients and learning to care for them. Had a diverse patient ratio. Working with elderly was hard and rewarding at same time
Pros
working with different people an nurses
Cons
I love helping people, especially little people. Working as a team is the best part of nursing.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 24, 2017
I usually worked w/kids or delivery. Kids are great-ill or not. Nursing is a difficult job. Staffing is always an issue. Teamwork is best part. Learn.
Very Busy
Unit Medical Secretary/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 17, 2017
Prepare and compile records in the nursing unit. Perform multiple clerical and receptionist duties on the Nursing Unit. Answer telephone calls and relay messages to nursing staff, doctors, and patients. Obtain medical orders and process them in a precise manner. Input daily and stat labs, tests and respiratory and rehab services for each patient. Distribute and file data sheets, charge sheets, and other documentation. Establish transportation for patients leaving the unit. Assist with direct patient care as a certified nursing assistant. Help with nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation of patients on the unit.
Good employees not appreciated
Secretarial (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 15, 2017
I've worked here twice. The latest time was for 9+ years. Benefits are ok. Management is not good. Bad employees are not dealt with. Complaints are not addressed. My co-worker was awful, lazy and disrespectful but nothing was ever done. I had had enough and decided to leave, best decision ever.
Pros
Benefits ok
Cons
Co-workers
decent place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 13, 2017
company culture is nice and benefits for full time employees are pretty good. small community hospital so it is generally a pretty tight knit community
Do not waste your time
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 13, 2016
Heywood and HMG are very different. HMG is a horrible company to work for. They go through employees all the time, it's always a revolving door. Doctors are great, if they can keep them. They just lost a doctor in July and another dr is leaving in December, although they haven't notified their patients. If they lie to their primary source of income it just goes to show how they treat their employees.
Love my job
RT (Current Employee) –  HMGSeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work, family environment. Everyone is willing to help out where needed. Very friendly. Close to everything. FOOD. :)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short staffed at the moment
Close to home
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 11, 2016
The hospital is busy and small. It is a nice place to get experience. The hardest part of the job is that it is so small, everybody knows everything that is going on about all the coworkers. The most enjoyable part of this job is that there is always something new that the CEO is trying to do to make the hospital the number one independant hospital in the state.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
not alot of opportunities to advance
lovely small town hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 21, 2016
this was a wonderful place to work as it was a small independent hospital. I worked per diem, so I made my own hours.

unfortunately, the pharmacy was in the oldest section of the hospital, so it was cramped!
Pros
employee discount in the cafeteria
Cons
horrible parking situation
Hectic but Important
Unit Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gardner MAApril 23, 2015
There's always something happening in the hospital in all facets, from nursing to doctors to cleaning. A place where hundreds of stories begin and end everyday. I think the company as a whole manages things well and holds up a high level of services... but occasionally gets wrapped up in frivolous ideas ignoring more important problems.
Medical skills a plus; life balance difficult
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Patient RegistrationApril 6, 2015
Registration of patients for labs, x-rays, surgical procedures, direct admissions and emergency room. Switchboard operation. Worked directly with health insurance companies for billing and medical codes.

Learned new skills constantly, was given opportunity to utilize my own personal skills in process development and maintenance

Fast paced environment working directly with public in community hospital. Difficult to manage personal life around schedule changes.

Co-workers worked together quite well especially helping to cover shifts for each other whenever possible.
Pros
added new skill set, able to utilize past skills
Cons
salary, schedule changes on weekly basis
horrible. go work at a big hospital
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJanuary 18, 2015
Never again will I go back. The benefits are horrible management was a joke. And the pay was minimal .no educational advancement. If you had a problem no one was there to help you. You were thrown to the wolves.if I can offer you one piece of advice go work at one of the larger hospitals.
Pros
eek
Cons
Too much for one person to do, no management
Productive work place.
Licensed Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAOctober 7, 2014
I became life long friends with my co-workers. I very much enjoyed being in the medical field. I have great respect for the physicians that I worked with. The hardest part of the job was learning how to become an advocate for patients and at the same time supporting the organization.
Pros
The people I worked with.
friendly employees
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAOctober 2, 2014
as hospitals go its a good one,employees are friendly and professional.
Great people to work with
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 4, 2014
The people that work at heywood hospital are very dedicated to their work and their patients.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
Too much work per person.