HGS Employee Reviews in United States

Can be a decent place to work
Healthcare Technical Help Desk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2015
Pay is relatively low for job description and continuous training's with added work. Management sometimes looks lost. Work environment can be good but too much micromanaging going on at certain times. Cookouts and raffles sometimes occur which can be a nice addition to the work place, but with low pay raises and other cons it does not make up for. I would recommend this company as a good temporary job if you are in need of work but definitely nothing long term or a career.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 30, 2015
I have been working at HGS for about a year and a half now. The account I am on allows upsell bonuses that you get if you meet certain requirements. Also get a review every 6 months for a pay raise. They have removed many privileges since I have worked there we cant read books any more because they have paper. We also can no longer have certain drinks at our desk and no food there either. They can be helpful sometimes minus HR but they did work my schedule so I could go to school.
Pros
Great coworkers, emails, and bonuses.
Cons
No books, No personal items
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2015
management is easy to get along with, and find ways to help with personal issues. The pay is great, and they make room for advancement,
Pros
work with your schedule
benefits
Customer oriented and fast paced work environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 26, 2015
As a team leader/supervisor, a typical day consists of meeting and greeting my direct reports along with data entry work including payroll, attendance, etc... I learned a lot about how to create reports and how to use the best business practices to fit client needs. As a part of management, working with others management members was challenging and rewarding. One of the hardest parts of the job was collecting ideas amongst a team of leaders to implement new ways of resolving problems and to have your team execute the process consistently and accurately. The most enjoyable part was seeing someone you've managed succeed by receiving a promotion and advancing in their career field.
Pros
great career starter, good benefits, great work environment
Cons
salary, differences in opinions
Productive and caring workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 31, 2015
Great place to work, Fun atmosphere. Great people.
Great benefits. They will work with your schedules.
They have different contests for their employees to keep them motivated.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 20, 2015
My typical day at work would be sign on to start the day, take customer service calls to help consumers with problems regarding any of General Mills products. Issue refund back, certificates or just listening and documenting praises or issues. I have learned no matter if the problem is minor or major you treat every call with empathy. My team lead is great to work with; he gives good advice on what I could have done differently or what was great about the call. The hardest part of the job is too see coworkers leave go on to different employment or start a new life. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a consumer says to me thank you for caring and you have excellent customer service skills. I would hire you if you ever looking for a different job.
Pros
Customer Service Week
Cons
No pictures, lotions are allowed on your desk
Great working enviorment!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
This job encourages you to step forward and put effort into what you beleive in. I loved it. The manager is the best he is very kind hearted and understanding and he make you want to come to work just so you can learn, something like a great teacher.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NO BENIFITS
hard worker and dependable love working in the call center
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2016
I love to be help get the job done as well meet my goals before the end of the day. I like to multi task and sitting working from a computer as well as answering phones. I'm always learning new things at work. I'm a team player when it comes to co workers needing help. The hardest part of a job when co workers call off. The most thing I enjoy about a job is being employed, challenges and learning new skills.
Pros
learning more
Cons
I like to sit at my desk and a work work work staying busy keep you focus on your job.
Productive and fun workplace
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned a lot about the health insurance market while working here,
management is great. Flexible work hours and the staff are very helpful.
Okay Pay, and Okay work environment, Real Room for Advancement!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2015
Great opportunity for work place advancement at a quick rate as long as you are actually a motivated individual that cares about their job. There is unfortunately a lot of lazy people who get hired here and there is a massive turn over rate. I would have loved to stay in this job because I was on the fast track at management but I had some serious personal family issues that arose and had to move home immediately. I would very much recommend working here if you can handle the pay.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2016
Nice environment to work in
Management would be easy to talk to good schedule enjoyed taking calls for the company good equipment and nice work place
easy work environment
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 20, 2016
HGS was an easy work environment though very strict and management really didn't show much care for its employees. I feel like if they cared for how there employees felt it would be a great job.
Pros
quiet
Cons
poor management
Unstructured Management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2015
I would rate my overall experience at HGS as a 1. The upper management is very unstructured. It causes the rest of the management and trainers to be very unprofessional as well as careless. My favorite part of my job is working with lively, personable co-workers. The hardest part of the job is having to learn from experience rather than training provided.
Pros
You get a paid lunch of 30 min.
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Small Company mentality , growth is difficult
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 26, 2016
HGS is a graet spring board to a better job, You will learn alot because your doing everything.The vision for the company is not clear , direction is hard to follow. No one is willing to take a risk to grow.
My co workers are fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 28, 2016
The pay is low. It is not a place for advancement. It is a place where it seems that there is a lot of favoritism. My co workers were very nice. It is a place if don't need a flexible schedule.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Low pay
HGS/Monsanto
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 8, 2014
For the job I was hired for, all of us are only hired on as temp work. For what they want us to do or put up with; however, is well beyond temp work or the salary. They won't let you try and be hired within the company to full-time until the project you were hired on to is complete, and they won't even give you a definite end date for said project. When they do desire to hire you on, the pay increase is only a little bit, and the benefits package actually takes money away from you. If I had been hired on as full time I would actually be making less money than when I was a temp. Management is an oxymoron when it comes to HGS. You email one of the bosses a question and they might not even answer you back. Once I waited 4 weeks for an answer to a simple question that would have taken 1 min to type out. There really wasn't anything too enjoyable about the job
"Very high turn over rate and zipcar outsourcing"
CSR Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 20, 2016
Cons
Not paid for bathroom breaks. They say it’s because it’s an Indian based company
$9.15 per hour
Low to no raises.
Lucky to work 40 hours a week since you’re being outsourced to Mexico.
Slow computers
Slow in updating information which will get you fired
Always late on bonus and paychecks
They change your schedule so you maybe late and it’s your fault
They call it coaching however when you’re fired it’s a write-up and decline your unemployment
They lie that you was written up twice however you’ve been written up once that you know
Coaching / Write-up you can’t put in your rebuttal
They can only write you up, you can’t write them up
They’ve admitted to cut the hours to where you can’t function financially and have to look elsewhere to avoid unemployment.
Irate customer automatically your fault
If someone had a dog with flees they bring them in, they don’t send them home or do anything about the fleas. Seriously not joking
Chairs that you sit in are always broken. They claim they take them out of commission however they just move them to the other side of the building
High turnover rate and high firing. Example 90% of your class will leave quickly. 8 Managers in a year have been fired
First you're a free member of ZIPCAR then once you're fired they cancel your membership
I'm just going to stop from here. If you still don't get it then good luck.
Pros
job till you find something else quickly
Cons
See above
Know What You Get Yourself Into.
Customer Service, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 21, 2016
I worked in a fast paced call center environment and had to be quick on my feet, flexible and adaptable. I worked an Awesome shift that was Monday Through Friday, 7 Am to 4 PM.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Benefits
Overall good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 18, 2016
The hardest part of the job was to upsell to dissatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work from home.
Best place to work
Billing and sales lead Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 24, 2016
Best company i have ever worked for and cares about their employees with great opportunity. I have progressed as an individual at this company vastly.