HGS

HGS Employee Reviews

Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, emails, and bonuses.
Cons: No books, No personal items
I have been working at HGS for about a year and a half now. The account I am on allows upsell bonuses that you get if you meet certain requirements. Also get a review every 6 months for a pay raise. They have removed many privileges since I have worked there we cant read books any more because they have paper. We also can no longer have certain drinks at our desk and no food there either. They can be helpful sometimes minus HR but they did work my schedule so I could go to school.
Great working enviorment!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: NO BENIFITS
THIS JOB ENCOURAGES YOU TO STEP FORWARD AND PUT EFFORT INTO WHAT YOU BELEIVE IN. I LOVED IT. THE MANAGER IS THE BEST HE IS VERY KIND HEARTED AND UNDERSTANDING AND HE MAKE YOU WANT TO COME TO WORK JUST SO YOU CAN LEARN, SOMETHING LIKE A GREAT TEACHER.
Great company
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Creve Coeur, MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: fun wednesdays
Cons: short breaks
This is a great company to work for. Friendly environment and they have a fun Wednesday every month. Everyone here is dedicated to help you succeed. They are very good at letting you go to doctors appointments as long as you make up the hours you missed during the week. The boss is very friendly and participates in making it a fun environment.
Good call center company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: vacation time, time management
- Multiple clients located within the call center company
- Good and friendly management who seem to care about employees
- Management could improve time management and efficiency
- Some discrepancy in training and regulations
Terrible
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee), El Paso, txJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Everything sucked
Over worked, stupid management, and mandatory over time. Hard to get days off or for them to work with your school schedule even after they said they would!!
Great Place to Work
Data Specialist​/Customer Service (Current Employee), St.Louis, MOJuly 9, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere. Making decent money for the amount of work that is being performed, entry level work. Co-workers are friendly and we have fun days once a month to switch it up a bit!!
Pays the bills
CSR (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2015
It is a good starter job and it pays well enough, enough to survive. There seems to be a lot of changes often. The hours on my account are good but the company as a whole can have some weird hours. I don't believe it is meant to be a long term job.
Alex Zamora
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: Work with school schedule
Cons: Work with school schedule
Hi I enjoy working at hgs they work with my school schedule. I have had a good learning experience with hgs that is a vendor for the att project.
Business orientated
CSR (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 18, 2015
Very fast paced and has a lot of needed computer knowledge. It is very business like environmemt but does allow for dress down days upon completion of certain goals.
Amazing place
Customer Service / Sales / Technical Support (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 10, 2015
Amazing work place! Very positive and great environment to work at and let me sharpen my tech support and customer service skills.
nice place to work
HEATH CARE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 30, 2015
nice place to work. good atmosphere and relaxed position. not much room for advancement. but its fine. maybe that will change
Customer oriented and fast paced work environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 26, 2015
Pros: great career starter, good benefits, great work environment
Cons: salary, differences in opinions
As a team leader/supervisor, a typical day consists of meeting and greeting my direct reports along with data entry work including payroll, attendance, etc... I learned a lot about how to create reports and how to use the best business practices to fit client needs. As a part of management, working with others management members was challenging and rewarding. One of the hardest parts of the job was collecting ideas amongst a team of leaders to implement new ways of resolving problems and to have your team execute the process consistently and accurately. The most enjoyable part was seeing someone you've managed succeed by receiving a promotion and advancing in their career field.
It is okay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 25, 2015
Very stressful. Long day. Customers are rude. Management is rough. Training wasn't that great. Co-workers are nice at least. Pay could be more. Not enjoyable at all.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: Customer Service Week
Cons: No pictures, lotions are allowed on your desk
My typical day at work would be sign on to start the day, take customer service calls to help consumers with problems regarding any of General Mills products. Issue refund back, certificates or just listening and documenting praises or issues. I have learned no matter if the problem is minor or major you treat every call with empathy. My team lead is great to work with; he gives good advice on what I could have done differently or what was great about the call. The hardest part of the job is too see coworkers leave go on to different employment or start a new life. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a consumer says to me thank you for caring and you have excellent customer service skills. I would hire you if you ever looking for a different job.
Agent (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 18, 2015
Pros: 1
Cons: 1
Not everyone is on the same page in management. Always something else that is wrong or can do never just cut and dry... Two different managers for same team both with totally different styles and different theroies on getting goals met
Inbound customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMay 4, 2015
assisted customers with setting up lifeline on there land line phones, had to check and see if they met the guidelines, being on phone all day was hard but the environment was nice and laid back.
HGS
HealthCare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), El Paso, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, pay is better compared to Alorica, Dish and other call centers. Starting pay here is $10.00/hr
Cons: Short breaks, 30 min lunch, No incentives, No set schedule, When high call volume is over they start to look for almost any reason to fire you, They want you to be on track of updates or work problems during your breaks
You assist customers calling about their health insurance. Most of them call upset because the Insurance hasn't fix their billing or eligibility info. You must always be available for the next call.
Poor company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 28, 2015
Horrible hours with no stability, would always lose contracts, and management NEVER wanted to help improve the problems or working conditions.
productive fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 21, 2015
job is demanding and fast paced the job is easy handling the customers and the schedule are the hard parts, the systems being used are ancient and slow making the job unbarable
Sociable place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 21, 2015
I really didn't feel like i was provided an adequate amount of training to effectively perform my job. People were more concerned with socializing than working.
Employees