HGS Employee Reviews

Bad working experience
Operations CSR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Their office equipment is broken, I fell off the chair so many times and voiced it too much and at the end they fired me. Management, it's pretty bad. No room for advancement. I have never worked for such a bad company in my life.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I have been working at HGS for a little under a year. There is no consistency in policy, they are constantly adding new rules that seem to only be structured to make it more difficult for employees to meet compliance. Hardest part of job is dealing with constant angry customers because you are speaking for a garbage product.

There is no room for material advancement, don't expect any compensation or raises for taking on more responsibility or advancing in tiers; You can only use earned time if you call in an hour before your shift, if any emergency comes up during your shift and you have to leave it is COUNTED AGAINST YOU.

If you care about you mental well-being, do NOT work here, unless you can't find anything else.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
management, policies, benefits, pay
Productive fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso txJanuary 11, 2017
It's a really good place to work at very communicative very nice and very good at accomidations needs more training I g on team leaders skills but other than that very good
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2017
It was hard to work with angry customers all the time. The pay was good and benefits but not enough to want a career out of it. The only good thing was i learned patients and how to use the computer. I learned how to read a phone bill and how to calm customers down. Other than that it was a stressful job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful all the time
Enjoyable
Customer Service/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 9, 2017
It is a fairly enjoyable work place. I love my co-workers. It is a full time position. It is office work so I do a lot of typing which I enjoy.
Pros
Couch to relax on
Cons
Short breaks
not for anyone with a life outside of work
Tier 1 Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 5, 2017
They do not value their employees and their turnover rate is extremely high because of this. They do not have a very understanding attendance policy and they do not make you feel appreciated.
Fun filled place
Elite was a very nice and organized place to work. The people were very friendly and well mannered. Elite did work good with your schedule and I never had any issues with anyone I worked with. The boss was very well mannered and I did not have to worry about anything.
Office Job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 14, 2016
I was to maintain the call flow and resolving the customer's needs as efficiently as possible as everything was timed. It was an up-sell account which meant we had to do retail services for each of our products. I learned how to talk to people from different parts of the world and their culture. I was also trained on live chats and texts. As well as emails. It was a very busy job and kept you on your toes. But I always love a challenge. The management changed quite frequently. They brought a new team leader and changed the thins we were used to. He wasn't the most liked, but you'll get that almost everywhere you go. The hardest part of my job was the basis way the managers made their decisions around. The most enjoyable part was talking to different people around the world as well as the states.
Pros
Understanding co-workers and more money can be made on that account
Cons
Unfair management. A lot of gossip.
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 13, 2016
Lowest pay in town
Have to work every weekend
Schedules sucked
Could care less about the employees
No room for advancement
Worst Company in town and would never go back to this company even after completing 5 yrs of loyal service to them
Very stressful workplace
French English bilingual Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2016
Lat back atmosphere
Unnecessary pressure from supervisors that do no understand their prerogatives and may end up harassing you and stress up for nothing. The supervisor are very biased. lack of professionalism. Some elements of the management lack the skills needed to lead. Hardest part of the job is when you are unable to solve a customer problems. Education Heath benefit and retirement are not good at all.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lot of cons
Customer Service Rep
Customer service and sales (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 3, 2016
I only worked on one particular account within HGS. This account was a sales account so it was very different than other HGS jobs. There was not enough direction but quite a bit of pressure to sell more and do better. The goals were unrealistic and the account closed.
Pros
Great Lunch room store.
Great for experience with hands on and critical thinking skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2016
Management was little to no help, and going outside of chain of command was frowned upon. Also, I resigned with promise that my job was secure in returning due to medical reasons, yet, when I returned, the "reason for leave" portion was changed or untrue.
Pros
Food was often provided as an incentive
Cons
Staff was limited and unavailable at times
Never
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 28, 2016
Alright place to work if you want to work your butt off for liittle pay, management sucks. that is all...............................................................
Good to put on a resume
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 17, 2016
Customer service isn't for everyone and HGS isn't for everyone in customer service. The management is terrible and not knowledgeable about the accounts. Some accounts are fun, but most are very dull. Due to policy changes, you can't have any kind of personal effects at your cubicle so I compare the work environment to a sea of emptiness. They also don't really pay a living wage by my standards. Luckily, after 5 years I had enough experience to get a great job.
Pros
Good for the resume
Cons
Management is terrible
Zipcar
Take inbound calls and help assist members for the carsharing company Zipcar. I would help troubleshoot issues members had with making making reservations, billing, and assist in any issues they had with the car they had rented.
Pros
really good paid vacation - had 5 weeks
Cons
short lunch - 30 mins
Well, it's something at least
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 7, 2016
I wouldn't want to work here for very long. The best way that I can describe this job is a roller coaster of stress. Work here to get back on your feet people.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Training methods were awful
It was an educational experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 27, 2016
It was my first tech support job and I learned a lot about data entry and customer service while working at HGS. I still use many of the skills I learned while working there.
Fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 27, 2016
Fun place to work co workers are nice management doable work is smooth as long as you have common since and have respect for the customers drug free environmental
Job Security
Manager, Operations and Client Services (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 3, 2016
I accepted my position with HGS based on a long term commitment. After only 16 months, my team and I were told that we would no longer have jobs. HGS is a company that contracts people. Promises were made and later broken.
Pros
Working onsite at the Elanco facility
Cons
HGS does not understand the Elanco culture
Good place for 1st time workers to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time working there despite the constant changes that were going on. Thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers. Usually the management was cool, but could be inconsistent in their directions.
Pros
Decent pay for the work involved
Cons
Can be somewhat stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HGS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9