HGS Employee Reviews in United States

Can be a decent place to work
Healthcare Technical Help Desk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2015
Pay is relatively low for job description and continuous training's with added work. Management sometimes looks lost. Work environment can be good but too much micromanaging going on at certain times. Cookouts and raffles sometimes occur which can be a nice addition to the work place, but with low pay raises and other cons it does not make up for. I would recommend this company as a good temporary job if you are in need of work but definitely nothing long term or a career.
Lacks professionalism from corporate
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work involves assisting customer over the phone with troubleshooting needs. Many of the customers are angry and you learn to work around that. The training here is very good. Better than I've heard from other Customer Service related jobs. Co-Workers were the only reason you stayed and sometimes the reason some people left. It is a diverse environment which is a great learning experience. The hardest part of the job was some of the angry callers. At times early on with the job it can be very difficult to not take things personally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the last manager I had there along with the co-workers I had on that team. They were like family.
Pros
set hours
Cons
short lunches and breaks. Timed when having to use restroom
Food Handling and Barista
HGS Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 13, 2016
I started working here when the location first opened. I loved the job and the people I worked with. The co-workers were kind and polite and we looked out for one another and helped each other out.

I especially enjoyed meeting celebrities that happened to be doing a show or concert at the Peoria Civic Center. After talking with so many celebrities you learn that they are just people with amazing talents but it was great to be able to say you carried on a conversation with them (even if we were not allowed to ask for autographs or memorabilia).
Productive and fast paced environment
Elite Team Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 28, 2016
This job had a fast turn over rate for employees, due to it's strict attendance rules, however, this did weed out the potential slackers and paved the way for stronger agents. The advancement was typically done by favoritism, sometimes without interviews even being given, and agents being told they would advance before interviews were held.
Pros
Steady breaks, consistant raises every six months, strong leaders
Cons
Possibly too strict attendance policy, pay was counted by the minute instead of by the hour
Customer oriented and fast paced work environment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 26, 2015
As a team leader/supervisor, a typical day consists of meeting and greeting my direct reports along with data entry work including payroll, attendance, etc... I learned a lot about how to create reports and how to use the best business practices to fit client needs. As a part of management, working with others management members was challenging and rewarding. One of the hardest parts of the job was collecting ideas amongst a team of leaders to implement new ways of resolving problems and to have your team execute the process consistently and accurately. The most enjoyable part was seeing someone you've managed succeed by receiving a promotion and advancing in their career field.
Pros
great career starter, good benefits, great work environment
Cons
salary, differences in opinions
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2015
management is easy to get along with, and find ways to help with personal issues. The pay is great, and they make room for advancement,
Pros
work with your schedule
benefits
Okay Pay, and Okay work environment, Real Room for Advancement!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2015
Great opportunity for work place advancement at a quick rate as long as you are actually a motivated individual that cares about their job. There is unfortunately a lot of lazy people who get hired here and there is a massive turn over rate. I would have loved to stay in this job because I was on the fast track at management but I had some serious personal family issues that arose and had to move home immediately. I would very much recommend working here if you can handle the pay.
No room for advancement
Dairy Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 12, 2016
The company I am currently with the opportunities for growth are unlimited. I’m ready to move on to a new challenge and learn new things. I’m grateful for the experience and knowledge I’ve learned and it will be sad to leave, but I am looking forward to what is coming next.
Pros
Flexibility, Salary Position. Benefits (health, dental, and 401K). Vacation time. Covered parking.
Cons
No room for growth.
Giving back is all the reward I need.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Walter Reed National Medical Military CenterAugust 11, 2016
My job is rewarding if you like helping people, working with our heroes at the Wounded Warrior's Program is like giving back to our service members, just seeing the progress of how they gain back their independence In their lives is rewarding. So that's why I feel my job is so rewarding to me and them.
Pros
The many different places we travel to.
Cons
Depression and sadness so families go through.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2016
Nice environment to work in
Management would be easy to talk to good schedule enjoyed taking calls for the company good equipment and nice work place
Productive and fun workplace
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 29, 2016
I learned a lot about the health insurance market while working here,
management is great. Flexible work hours and the staff are very helpful.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 30, 2015
I have been working at HGS for about a year and a half now. The account I am on allows upsell bonuses that you get if you meet certain requirements. Also get a review every 6 months for a pay raise. They have removed many privileges since I have worked there we cant read books any more because they have paper. We also can no longer have certain drinks at our desk and no food there either. They can be helpful sometimes minus HR but they did work my schedule so I could go to school.
Pros
Great coworkers, emails, and bonuses.
Cons
No books, No personal items
hard worker and dependable love working in the call center
Temp Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2016
I love to be help get the job done as well meet my goals before the end of the day. I like to multi task and sitting working from a computer as well as answering phones. I'm always learning new things at work. I'm a team player when it comes to co workers needing help. The hardest part of a job when co workers call off. The most thing I enjoy about a job is being employed, challenges and learning new skills.
Pros
learning more
Cons
I like to sit at my desk and a work work work staying busy keep you focus on your job.
A Wonderful Place To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 18, 2016
I loved my team leader. Everyone at HGS is very nice. I worked on an account that I was having a little trouble with at first and my team leader did not me asking her questions every seconds. You can find an opportunity to gain new friends while employed for this company.
Customer Service Representative
CSR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2016
Your basic call center environment. worked with health insurance. Processed payments and claims. My co-workers were nice and so was my supervisor.

I believe more training would have been nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would resolve an issue for the customer.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 20, 2015
My typical day at work would be sign on to start the day, take customer service calls to help consumers with problems regarding any of General Mills products. Issue refund back, certificates or just listening and documenting praises or issues. I have learned no matter if the problem is minor or major you treat every call with empathy. My team lead is great to work with; he gives good advice on what I could have done differently or what was great about the call. The hardest part of the job is too see coworkers leave go on to different employment or start a new life. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a consumer says to me thank you for caring and you have excellent customer service skills. I would hire you if you ever looking for a different job.
Pros
Customer Service Week
Cons
No pictures, lotions are allowed on your desk
Unstructured Management
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2015
I would rate my overall experience at HGS as a 1. The upper management is very unstructured. It causes the rest of the management and trainers to be very unprofessional as well as careless. My favorite part of my job is working with lively, personable co-workers. The hardest part of the job is having to learn from experience rather than training provided.
Pros
You get a paid lunch of 30 min.
Cons
Unprofessional Management
fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 21, 2016
Account within the company are very rewarding, the starting pay is very good and they take care of you if you work hard and care about your job.
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
bad scheduling
My co workers are fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 28, 2016
The pay is low. It is not a place for advancement. It is a place where it seems that there is a lot of favoritism. My co workers were very nice. It is a place if don't need a flexible schedule.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Low pay
don't really remember
Client service contractor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 9, 2016
I don't really remember or care to remember. I really just wanted to apply for a job and am now stuck doing this. Can I get a review on what I think about this? ;)