HGS Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable Team Working Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working at HGS. I wish they gave felons a chance to work on accounts though. But overall, a good job with nice management and great coworkers
Pros
Pay Scale
Cons
Angry callers
it is a call center
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 1, 2015
A typical day at HGS consists of 64 calls as an agent. I learned how to become a client specialist in HR and I also did employee relations. I worked in management, and handled co-worker issues, I was able to work well with my co-workers
Productive and caring workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 31, 2015
Great place to work, Fun atmosphere. Great people.
Great benefits. They will work with your schedules.
They have different contests for their employees to keep them motivated.
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2015
management is easy to get along with, and find ways to help with personal issues. The pay is great, and they make room for advancement,
Pros
work with your schedule
benefits
Can be a decent place to work
Healthcare Technical Help Desk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2015
Pay is relatively low for job description and continuous training's with added work. Management sometimes looks lost. Work environment can be good but too much micromanaging going on at certain times. Cookouts and raffles sometimes occur which can be a nice addition to the work place, but with low pay raises and other cons it does not make up for. I would recommend this company as a good temporary job if you are in need of work but definitely nothing long term or a career.
Very busy call center!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 1, 2015
Overall it was a fun place to work, phones were just super busy but everyone in my group was very nice, helpful and we had a good time even though it can be stressful at times.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 23, 2015
It was a good place to work for over 24 years. I do wish the ownership was in the US and that the original owners still had it. Not the company I started at 24 years ago.
Okay Pay, and Okay work environment, Real Room for Advancement!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2015
Great opportunity for work place advancement at a quick rate as long as you are actually a motivated individual that cares about their job. There is unfortunately a lot of lazy people who get hired here and there is a massive turn over rate. I would have loved to stay in this job because I was on the fast track at management but I had some serious personal family issues that arose and had to move home immediately. I would very much recommend working here if you can handle the pay.
I like the hours from 8am to 5pm
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 7, 2015
I enjoy working in a fast pace enviorment. I would also manage up to 16 agents to ensure that we hit goals for daily, weekly and monthly sales
Pros
hours
Cons
non
Call Center enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 1, 2015
I personally did not enjoy working for a call center that was high pressure. The center was also severely underemployed.
Enjoyabe Learning
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ilAugust 29, 2015
While working for HGS, I was able to learn new companies and how they operate. I have been given a lot of new different advancements in my time there. From just basic CRS responsibilities to having more hands on with clients.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IaAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was usually pretty good. Most of the day is enjoyable because im getting the customer the correct information that they needed. The bad part about the day is if a irate customer called because there machine is messed and have to tell the custome what was covered under warranty and what wasnt.
Pros
Sometimes free lunchs
Cons
Prices to high in lunch room
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 30, 2015
I have been working at HGS for about a year and a half now. The account I am on allows upsell bonuses that you get if you meet certain requirements. Also get a review every 6 months for a pay raise. They have removed many privileges since I have worked there we cant read books any more because they have paper. We also can no longer have certain drinks at our desk and no food there either. They can be helpful sometimes minus HR but they did work my schedule so I could go to school.
Pros
Great coworkers, emails, and bonuses.
Cons
No books, No personal items
Great working enviorment!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
This job encourages you to step forward and put effort into what you beleive in. I loved it. The manager is the best he is very kind hearted and understanding and he make you want to come to work just so you can learn, something like a great teacher.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NO BENIFITS
Great company
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 23, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Friendly environment and they have a fun Wednesday every month. Everyone here is dedicated to help you succeed. They are very good at letting you go to doctors appointments as long as you make up the hours you missed during the week. The boss is very friendly and participates in making it a fun environment.
Pros
fun wednesdays
Cons
short breaks
Good call center company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
- Multiple clients located within the call center company
- Good and friendly management who seem to care about employees
- Management could improve time management and efficiency
- Some discrepancy in training and regulations
Pros
healthcare
Cons
vacation time, time management
Terrible
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, txJuly 20, 2015
Over worked, stupid management, and mandatory over time. Hard to get days off or for them to work with your school schedule even after they said they would!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything sucked
Great Place to Work
Data Specialist​/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St.Louis, MOJuly 9, 2015
Very friendly atmosphere. Making decent money for the amount of work that is being performed, entry level work. Co-workers are friendly and we have fun days once a month to switch it up a bit!!
Pays the bills
CSR (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2015
It is a good starter job and it pays well enough, enough to survive. There seems to be a lot of changes often. The hours on my account are good but the company as a whole can have some weird hours. I don't believe it is meant to be a long term job.
Alex Zamora
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 18, 2015
Hi I enjoy working at hgs they work with my school schedule. I have had a good learning experience with hgs that is a vendor for the att project.
Pros
Work with school schedule
Cons
Work with school schedule