HGS Employee Reviews

Unstable and place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 28, 2013
HGS has a lot of different companies they work for. For the most part the pay is pretty good but the job security is pretty much nonexistent on certain accounts. Which leads to a lot of bouncing around. There is A LOT of sleeping with co-workers, drama, sleeping with management, and gossip going on. It honestly felt like highschool on crack, but you get paid. Granted before I quit, my last few checks were wrong...so that's not even a guarantee.
Cons
management, co-workers, instability
Great working enviorment!!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
This job encourages you to step forward and put effort into what you beleive in. I loved it. The manager is the best he is very kind hearted and understanding and he make you want to come to work just so you can learn, something like a great teacher.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
NO BENIFITS
Great employees and not so great management
Zipcar Rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 4, 2014
I was hired as rep for Zipcar back in February. It was very easy to get hired due to high turnover. After training learned that things constantly changes as far as policies. The account I worked for was very stressful, it really felt like a high school there. I quit in April due to depression from working there it really wasn't for me I felt over qualified.
Pros
nice employees, convenient store
Cons
pay, upper management, benefits
Enjoyabe Learning
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ilAugust 29, 2015
While working for HGS, I was able to learn new companies and how they operate. I have been given a lot of new different advancements in my time there. From just basic CRS responsibilities to having more hands on with clients.
Horrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 15, 2015
Horrible company to work for. Management picks and chooses who has to follow the rules and who doesn't. If you are not a favorite then there is no job security. Would change procedures without informing employees.
Good call center company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2015
- Multiple clients located within the call center company
- Good and friendly management who seem to care about employees
- Management could improve time management and efficiency
- Some discrepancy in training and regulations
Pros
healthcare
Cons
vacation time, time management
would not want work for ever
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 10, 2015
low pay screamed at by customer everyone complains about everything espicaly if they do not like uyou very judgeing coworkers
Terrible
Customer Service Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, txJuly 20, 2015
Over worked, stupid management, and mandatory over time. Hard to get days off or for them to work with your school schedule even after they said they would!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything sucked
It was nice
Customer Service Office Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 19, 2015
Working at HGS was educational and beneficial because you learn about the insurance process. But It was only based on California information.
Work Culture
GPOS Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 17, 2015
This company values employee performance. HGS is very driven to please their clients even at the risk of having dissatisfied employees.

Want to know more about HGS?

Ask a question
Call center job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 20, 2014
Atypical day at my work includes taking customer calls and running multiple systems on our PC at our desks. Each day does not always bring an opportunity to learn new material as we have already been trained, but there are always opportunities to learn things you may have missed or things you can improve. The hardest part of the job is taking the "same" calls again and again. Things do not really differ each day. We only have so many products, and unfortunately, there is not much opportunity to advance to further my learning at my job. The most enjoyable part of the day is the beginning of the day. Each day is a fresh start; a clean slate.
Pros
this job presents a wide variety of people i get to work with and talk to each day.
Cons
short breaks and lunches, and very little opportunity for advancement
striving for the best
CSR (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
a typical day was to sit at the desk and answer inbound phone calls. I learned a lot about how to handle all kinds of people in different situations. Management was very easy to get along with. My co-workers were all fun people. The hardest part of the job was getting difficult customers and letting them not take control over the situation. I enjoyed working with everybody the most.
Advancement opportunities within company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  peoria ilAugust 20, 2013
HGS was a great place to work, they promote within the company so there are always opportunities to excel.
Pros
health benefits and opportunities for advancement
Working at HGS
CSR (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 9, 2015
I love working at my job, its not hard and has a very good environment. I would refer anyone to work here, it is really nice and i plan to be here for a good while
Good enviroment to work.
sales (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Co-workers are great.
Great pay and benefits.
Good hours.
The work place needs better management .
Pros
pay
Cons
bad mangement
very productive workplace with very good management, fun and friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 19, 2012
A typical day consists of logging into computer and answereing phones all day, also work on small projects from time to time such as cleaning and organizing products we have. The management there is great and bonus' for sales really motivate me to try harder. There is nothing that is really hard about it, only unenjoyable time is when we get slammed with calls mainly mondays and before and after holidays. Thng i enjoy the most would be the bonus we get for hitting sales mark, also we recive prizes for doing well
Pros
bonus and prizes, work inside at a computer
Cons
must follow call flow almost verbatim to recieve good reviews
Great location to work.
Bilingual French Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 29, 2012
A typical day at work to me is to enjoy your work and to have fun doing what you love to do. I learned things everyday because it helps me to successful on whatever I do. I am a team player and I enjoy greatly team work with my Co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not to be on the same page with in Management or with your Co-workers. And the most enjoyable part of the job like I said before is to love your work and to be successful at it.
Pros
general partnership.
Cons
no great leadership role.
Unorganized Management
Team Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  el pasoJune 29, 2013
This company is unorganized from management down. They hire agents to come on as temps to avoid paying out benefits and scheduled time off.
Pros
easy to get promoted to supervisor
Cons
unorganized, only hire agents as temps to avoid paying out benefits
Very productive workplace with great bonuses
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at HGS was a little repetitive, but management was able to keep things up and lively with snacks days, dress up days, pot lucks, and random giveaways for a short period of time for representatives who could sell a certain number of items within a time limit. Co-workers were very helpful and nice. Hardest part of the job was not taking what rude customers say too much to heart. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonuses and the gifts they would hand out.
Very flexible and fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2013
HGS was a very relaxed place to work. The environment was great to where you felt compelled to do the best you could. I learned that even in stressful situations with the right people on your team and the right attitude you will pull through successfully. Management was very helpful and positive, provides all the tools to succeed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints. My most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.