HGS Employee Reviews in United States

sales (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Co-workers are great.
Great pay and benefits.
Good hours.
The work place needs better management .
Pros
pay
Cons
bad mangement
A day like no other
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Receive incoming calls regarding problems with products and replace product with free coupons. Handle daily white mail and emails.
Pros
received new products to try before in the stores.
Cons
unable to find placement with another client when first client left.
Great Work Environmetn
CSR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 15, 2015
I love how Hgs makes such an effort to make their employees feel welcome and important. Not too many jobs do that. Hgs also makes advancing in the company fairy easy which I am also fond of.
Great benefits and coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 28, 2014
Great place to work but can be stressful sometimes. I enjoyed everybody I worked with.
fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 22, 2014
i learned working in a fast paced environment is a great skill to be learned. i am now able to work under pressure and still have a great ecperinece
Pros
over time
Cons
parking lot was limited
Very productive workplace with great bonuses
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at HGS was a little repetitive, but management was able to keep things up and lively with snacks days, dress up days, pot lucks, and random giveaways for a short period of time for representatives who could sell a certain number of items within a time limit. Co-workers were very helpful and nice. Hardest part of the job was not taking what rude customers say too much to heart. The most enjoyable part of the job was the bonuses and the gifts they would hand out.
Full service contractor company
Sales Support Specialist- Coastal Southeast Region (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2014
This company offers the opportunity to gain experience with large companies.
Great Company
Inbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 14, 2014
On a daily basis I answered handled complaints, inquiries, fulfilled request from consumers regarding their products. I effectively researched, located and provided information, resolved problems by clarifying issues, and maintained call center database by entering information.
n/a
Customer Service Rep. Sharp USA (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 18, 2014
not a company people i worked with were great tho......hardest part of the job is dealing with customers
Yeah when I had that job it was sweet down hill every since I lost it.
CUSTOMER SERIVCE REP (Former Employee) –  Peoria,IllinpoisSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was logging into different Kiosk programs. I also got familiar with using Knowledge bases to handle Coleman outdoor products, and other clients for floatation devices. What I learned from HGS was handling a specific call procedures while entering data for call log and transactions procedures. My co-workers were great learning from and gaining knowledge for handling live calls. There was also a interesting chat software to enter questions in for support. The most challenging part of the job was keeping up with information on old and brand new Coleman products. The most enjoyable part was undeniable the wages. The big pluses was hanging out in a like college atmosphere with cool people who enjoyed being a part of business solutions.
Pros
overtime, fixed schedule.
Productive and Supportive environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 9, 2014
On a typical day I would come in and look over my queue I had been given for the day. Then I would begin making phone calls to car owners, insurance companies, or towing companies to arrange the pick up of a total loss vehicle. After each phone call I would properly note details of pick up, or in the case that the vehicle could not yet be picked up I would note the details of the case that would help the next caller to be able to help them to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job would be when we reached unhappy customers that had not been notified by their insurance companies to make them aware that their cars had been deemed a total loss. The most enjoyable part of this job was talking to those owners that were appreciative that we were calling to get their total loss vehicle off their hands in order to move on to the next process with their insurance companies.
HGS/Monsanto
Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 8, 2014
For the job I was hired for, all of us are only hired on as temp work. For what they want us to do or put up with; however, is well beyond temp work or the salary. They won't let you try and be hired within the company to full-time until the project you were hired on to is complete, and they won't even give you a definite end date for said project. When they do desire to hire you on, the pay increase is only a little bit, and the benefits package actually takes money away from you. If I had been hired on as full time I would actually be making less money than when I was a temp. Management is an oxymoron when it comes to HGS. You email one of the bosses a question and they might not even answer you back. Once I waited 4 weeks for an answer to a simple question that would have taken 1 min to type out. There really wasn't anything too enjoyable about the job
unfriendly
Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79924August 28, 2014
not enjoyable your co-workers cussing management incompetent.
Enjoyed working with co-workers!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2014
Pros
volunteer time off
Cons
my hours were 8-4:30.
Call center job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 20, 2014
Atypical day at my work includes taking customer calls and running multiple systems on our PC at our desks. Each day does not always bring an opportunity to learn new material as we have already been trained, but there are always opportunities to learn things you may have missed or things you can improve. The hardest part of the job is taking the "same" calls again and again. Things do not really differ each day. We only have so many products, and unfortunately, there is not much opportunity to advance to further my learning at my job. The most enjoyable part of the day is the beginning of the day. Each day is a fresh start; a clean slate.
Pros
this job presents a wide variety of people i get to work with and talk to each day.
Cons
short breaks and lunches, and very little opportunity for advancement
Bad management
Customer Service Representative-IRS (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 19, 2014
Too much turnover of staff on accounts. Put on other accounts-told only a few weeks, ended up several months with reduced pay.
Professional atmosphere, nice and clean fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria IlAugust 12, 2014
I loved working for HGS. The account I was on was General Mills and it was so much information you had to learn so the pay for that account was the only issue I had. I had the best supervisor also. HGS is a place where I would work again and refer to others.
Pros
free food, free samples of products
Cons
medical issurance and their hours of operation
Never Secure
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 11, 2014
Unfortunately, this place seems great when you're hired in, but after a few years it becomes clear that they do not care for employees, only the bottom line.
Childish coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 2, 2014
It was like being in high school again. The team leaders were like the teachers and co workers acted like cheerleaders.
Pros
full time benefits
Cons
other employees
hate the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 20, 2014
hate the job, trashy people work there, very low class envirnoment to work in

pay is very low

the want to get every thing but provide nothing